Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Winnipesaukee

raven
  • Start Topic

I just hope they don't finish with a big explosion, and leave us guessing until S6, before we find out Naomi's fate. That would be pointlessly annoying, because we all know they can't kill off Naomi! Can they?

On 1/31/2021 at 6:36 PM, Netfoot said:

I just hope they don't finish with a big explosion, and leave us guessing until S6, before we find out Naomi's fate. That would be pointlessly annoying, because we all know they can't kill off Naomi! Can they?

They better not kill off Naomi.   She needs to reunite with Holden.   Now on the other hand, my two least favourite crew members are Alex and Bobbie   It’s convenient that those two are on the same ship and going to be the first to reach the Chetzemoka.   If there is a way to get Naomi onboard their ship, then those two get on the Chetz to look for salvageable parts, and then it blows up, I would be happy.

Just can’t stand looking at Cas Anvar anymore.   With all of the MeToo and whatnot, how has this guy not been immediately fired?

Steven Strait is supposed to be the star of this show but all he has done all season is stand on a bridge.

And I’m so tired of Marco and his guyliner and his stupid hair.   The guyliner is especially ridiculous, is he trying to emote some kind of ancient Egyptian pharoah?   And I can’t stand Phillip either.  I know it’s too much to hope that these two die in the season finale, but they can’t leave soon enough.  The only decent person on that ship was Cyn.

The black lady that is Marcos’ henchman, I must have blinked and missed it, but I assume Marcos sent her back with Drummer after their meeting so she can act as enforcer/babysitter/guard?   Is she the same one that killed Fred Johnson?

And why, out of all the people that could have been killed this season did the show runners have to go and kill Fred Johnson?   Stupid show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Just can’t stand looking at Cas Anvar anymore.   With all of the MeToo and whatnot, how has this guy not been immediately fired?

The independent investigation into the charges didn't conclude until after the season was filmed, IIRC. So you're basically watching Bill Cosby in Space, with a Goliath armored chaperon.

9 minutes ago, blackwing said:

And why, out of all the people that could have been killed this season did the show runners have to go and kill Fred Johnson?   Stupid show.

Ever since Gaugamela I now have a new type of Tourette's Cyn-drome where I suddenly exclaim at random, "They killed Fred Johnson!" It won't go away until Sakai is drawn and quartered with 4 ships, (Drummer's 3 & the Roci)

• Love 1

I am torn between loving Bobbie and wanting more from her and hating Cas Anvar and wanting him to go the hell away. The only thing I like about his scenes is that he’s not within touching proximity of any woman.

On another note, to feed my current Expanse need, I turned to fanfiction and found some disturbingly hot Amos/Chrisjen fic. Now, I ship it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, blackwing said:

The black lady that is Marcos’ henchman, I must have blinked and missed it, but I assume Marcos sent her back with Drummer after their meeting so she can act as enforcer/babysitter/guard?   Is she the same one that killed Fred Johnson?

It's customary in the Free Navy to swap crew members - called tributes - in order to break down Belter tribalism - and as such not a bad idea. Drummer noted it in the episode when she and her crew were 'invited' to the SoS. And afterwards they left one of their crew members on the SoS and Karal joined their crew. But of course Karal is also there to act as political commissar - or yeah, as enforcer/babysitter/guard.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Useful 1

Man, that look Holden gave Bull when Bull said they didn't have fuel to waste. Good thing Holden's eyes don't shoot laser beams or that guy would be dead.

"Mostly for the name recognition." Aw, Chrisjen is too modest. Of course she's back in charge. It's her destiny.

The payoff on that bar joke was weak. It might've been better if the writers had left it hanging.

Wow did that Lake Winnipesaukee security guy seriously underestimate what he was dealing with. That was hilarious. But Kumbaya Clarissa is ridiculous. Did her wiring get tangled or something? They all almost died because of her.

Holy crap that shootout and escape scene was amazing! Had me scared for a minute that Amos wasn't going to make it.

Is Marco ever going to stop trying to mindfcuk his son? That kid is so lost. Naomi might do best to kill both of them.

Fun Fact: Drummer filmed this when she was up to 8 months pregnant. See if you can spot how many times she was standing behind a potted plant or bowl of fruit to keep you from noticing.         

This episode I definitely noticed that her face looked fuller. It didn't occur to me that the actress was pregnant.

• Love 1

How can next season be the last when the final book in the series hasn't come out yet??? (It's supposed to be sometime this year.) (This is NOT Game of Thrones - we need to see the ultimate ending.) Also, only one more season to cover all the remaining books? No way!