Type keyword(s) to search

Lash Extensions

Cara
  • Start Topic

I've thought about them. When they're done well, and not at the snuffaluffagus lengths, they look really nice.  But the initial install is pretty pricey and only lasts a couple of weeks, then you need to keep up with regular maintenance for the fill-ins, which is also pricey. I'm too cheap for all that! 

I am, however, trying out the magnetic lashes. I like them and am surprised at how light they are and how secure the hold is. But even their "everyday" lashes seem so dramatic to me. And am I no good with liquid liners so the application is usually a big ole mess and takes me much longer than it should.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

not at the snuffaluffagus lengths

Thank you! That's exactly the descriptor I was trying to come up with to explain how ridiculous this trend looks. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Thank you! That's exactly the descriptor I was trying to come up with to explain how ridiculous this trend looks. 

It is definitely a personal choice when folks prefer walking around with hairy caterpillars on their eyelids. 

tenor.gif

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 3
On 1/24/2021 at 11:58 AM, Cara said:

I’m giving some thought to getting lash extensions. Anybody have them or have an opinion about them?

I got the individual lash extensions about 4 years ago. I chose the lashes that were minimal. They looked so natural and beautiful. However, it cost $200.00 and 2 hours to have the lashes applied. They started slowly falling out after a week and a half.

And I had an allergic reaction to the lash glue. My eyes were extremely bloodshot for a week or longer. I am not typically allergic to anything so I was surprised this happened. My eyes were so red it looked like I just smoked a big bowl of weed. 

I loved the lashes but not the cost or that they fall out in 2 weeks.

• Hugs 1

Wanted to let y'all know I tried Lashify and I love them! They're individual clumps of lashes (not sure if that's quite the right descriptor, lol) that get attached/bonded to the bottom of your top lashes. My first attempt at wearing them, I was able to get 4 days of wear time. The initial "kit" is pricey, but it comes with everything you need and 2 lengths of lashes that you choose - I got the 10 and 12 inches in the kit, and added on an 8 inches set. The 10s were great and no one could tell that I had them on; they just enhanced my lash look as if I had really good mascara. But, I was pleasantly surprised that I actually liked the 12s. The looked really long to me, but in pictures, they're extremely natural looking. The lashes are re-useable for multiple wears if you take care of them, and once they are done, the refill sets are $20-25. And the lashes range from natural looking to snuffaluffagus if that's your vibe.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I just can't imagine being able to apply fake lashes UNDERNEATH my real lashes. I can't even apply the ones that go on top. 

I thought that too, but I found the application to be fairly easy, especially after watching a few videos of others using them. And they're very comfortable. Probably because they aren't touching any part of your eye/eyelid. 

• Useful 1