Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Nice to Marry You

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I didn't get the impression that he spends money on women. I think he wants to be viewed as the trophy and have his way paid for. I think the money he spends is on himself only.

I think he lies about how much money he has, and probably has a lot of credit card debt.  Paige should catch on pretty quickly.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Sadly, I feel we have been subjected to that as well - lots of nursing in her undies since Hendrix arrived.......

I’m at the point of unfollowing her. I get being proud of your body but she’s too much. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Sadly, I feel we have been subjected to that as well - lots of nursing in her undies since Hendrix arrived.......

Sounds like she's actually very insecure, & looking for reassurance from strangers.

That, &/or encouraging a questionable, niche audience for more clicks. Doug's a SAHD now & those two houses won't pay for themselves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Since Jamie doesn't think her husband is attractive anyway, I think she feels she can just "let herself go" because no one else would want him.

She had a big, big baby. He was almost ten pounds!  She could be just taking her time to get back into shape and using her current size to her advantage, so I guess more power to her.

Doug is one of the good guys that has been on this show.  He is miles and miles ahead of AJ, Jephte and especially Bobby (who made a disgusting post about Magic Johnson). 

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Jacob is on to something with his love for the 80s.  Did anyone here grow up back then?  Was it as great as it seems?  All of the entertainment was so innocent and optimistic - it must have been a glorious time.  As Chris would say, the 80s were dope.   

The '80s were fine.  As a kid, tween & teen who was sheltered from some things but not others, I was aware of the crack cocaine epidemic, AIDS, etc. It wasn't all Huxtables and Atari 2600s. That said, I get how Jacob could love the '80s.

Virginia and Chris are both still very young. Watching themselves back on this show could be humbling and prompt growth. Also, while the show can only edit the footage the cast gives them some of the couples like Karen and Miles and Deonna and Greg have different dynamics on their YouTube channels than they did on the show.  

Chris choosing to live in his car instead of renting an apartment when he had a limited amount of money is reasonable if you consider that a lease or car payment is a fraction of the cost of rent of even a studio apartment. Maybe he used the savings to invest in the business. Also, the car is transportation and as poorly as he's coming off, he's an image conscious guy. Some versions of homelessness can be concealed until one decides it is useful or necessary to reveal it. Typically more people will see someone's vehicle or clothes than will see their home. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Doug is one of the good guys that has been on this show.  He is miles and miles ahead of AJ, Jephte and especially Bobby (who made a disgusting post about Magic Johnson). 

I'm not saying he's not one of the "good guys," nor do I think he would be unappealing to someone else, but Jamie thinks she's "safe" and can let herself go.  She even exhibits that nature on national tv when she's sitting in a slovenly manner and almost showing her lady parts.  I've never seen her on social media and I would never want to.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She had a big, big baby. He was almost ten pounds!  She could be just taking her time to get back into shape and using her current size to her advantage, so I guess more power to her.

Doug lied about having a large amount of credit card debt and that made them lose the first house they were going to buy. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I’m at the point of unfollowing her. I get being proud of your body but she’s too much. 

Me too. Every post is the same thing - her in her underwear. Plus she reposts the same pictures over and over. It's boring.

18 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Sounds like she's actually very insecure, & looking for reassurance from strangers.

That, &/or encouraging a questionable, niche audience for more clicks. Doug's a SAHD now & those two houses won't pay for themselves.

I feel the same. She's doing it more for the validation from strangers and it's very attention seeking when she's half naked in all these photos.

As far as the houses, she also acts like she's being so frugal all the time, but it's a little hard to swallow when I know she now owns two houses they live between.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I didn't get the impression that he spends money on women. I think he wants to be viewed as the trophy and have his way paid for. I think the money he spends is on himself only.

He mentioned spending $3000-4000/month on eating out. That's a lot to spend on meals for one.  While he seems to view himself to be a good catch, a guy who wants to have his way paid for probably doesn't brag about $12K commission checks, being the youngest member of his demographic to own a restaurant franchise in his area, and being on a path to building an empire if he wants to be a kept man. Also, what woman with money and the type of beauty Chris values would choose to spend it on Chris? Surely there some guy at his level of attractiveness who has a less off-putting personality. Then again there is a lid for every pot. So, maybe Chris can attract and keep  that type of woman. Be the Bobby to her Whitney or whatever. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Doug lied about having a large amount of credit card debt and that made them lose the first house they were going to buy. 

He didn't lie about large credit card debt.

It was a student loan that he never paid back. How could someone not remember to pay that? Doug was so so so spoiled by his parents that I don't think he was use to being responsible because they probably often bailed him out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Agree! She is still young but for some reason her "on camera" looks are always a miss. She bought this season's look herself as she was on instagram bragging about it. I don't know who chose that hairstyle - it's too ridiculously formal, and the shoes pain me because they are not current and make the look even more dated. I just don't get any of it. I think I even prefer the shorts romper she wore a few seasons ago that made her look like she wasn't wearing pants! This whole look is very dated and old.

Not for me to say, but she should have worn a nice pretty black dress with high scrappy black shoes, and her hair naturally down with some natural curls.  Plus nice dangling earrings.  Strappy, not scrappy.  Don’t they have stylists?  Just because she has two kids doesn’t mean she has to dress matronally.  Just my opinion.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I didnt like Haley's dress because I don't like halter tops and because it showed a broad tan line across her back. I noticed it when she was dress shopping and I thought she'd surely do something about it. Alas, she didn't. 😒

I like Jacob too. I think he looks just fine. He seems to like Haley so I wish he could get over his awkwardness before he turns her all the way off.

Just think of a camera in your face.  I would be shy too, and some men would never do that.  Especially in the bed for the first time.  They are not actors who can do anything.  If Haley is smart, she’ll find a way to make him comfortable.  I’m dying for next weeks episode.  I’ll have to settle for 90 Day Fiance train wreck until then.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Agree about Paige being beautiful. Her father-in-law looked like he wanted to jump her bones. What a perv.

Chris did look freaked out about Paige being an accountant. Methinks he is not going to want her taking a look at his books. She is leaps and bounds ahead of him in accomplishments. I think deep down he really DOES want a trophy wife. He doesn't want any competition in the brains department.

I felt a little bad for Jacob, first when Haley told him to only undo the top two buttons of her dress, and then when she got into bed with him and was pointedly ignoring him. He asked for a kiss and she laughed in his face. And we already saw two instances of the producer directly asking her questions...what she liked best about him so far, and she couldn't think of anything, and then when asked what she wanted to do that night, and she was like SLEEP. This marriage may be DOA. It's like Christina and Henry, part 2.

Oh, he asked for a kiss?  I didn’t hear that.  He was probably trying to break the ice.  She could have at least gave him a peck.  Rejection.  Not good.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

He didn't lie about large credit card debt.

It was a student loan that he never paid back. How could someone not remember to pay that? Doug was so so so spoiled by his parents that I don't think he was use to being responsible because they probably often bailed him out.

Then Jamie was the one that bailed him out of the student debt by working double and triple shifts as a nurse with a newborn and having to live with his family. While I am glad it has worked out for them and hope they are both happy (not just IG/social media picture perfect happy) , I think the experts first disservice was to Jamie. All she asked for was a guy with a job, a nice family and no addiction issues. She did not ask for a model, or a guy making 10 times her income, she just wanted a normal working guy with a nice family.  Was that so hard to find in NY area? The best they could find was unemployed Doug, that had hidden debt, hide that he smoked, had past addiction issues and she was not physically attracted too. Jamie had to make a lot of compromise to make it work. I have never thought she was totally happy , I think she loves his family and loves her kids having wonderful grandparents but I do not think she is madly in love with Doug.  I wonder if Jamie being such a compromiser and sticking through the debt, addiction, the lost jobs and being the show's poster child, gives the experts confidence anyone can make it work. Not everyone is a Jamie. I sure hope Paige is not a Jamie and takes on Chris' baggage and treatment of her. 

@Jack Sampson Opinion on the 80's. I was in middle school and started high school in the 80's. I look back now and say I had a pretty great life. The economy was very good where I lived so my parents had lots of disposable income. It would be like making 1.2 million in 2021 with a 4 year state college degree!  We travelled a lot. In high school I took 2 major trips, very different life experinces. I went to Germany as an exchange student when the Berlin Wall fell. Incredible time in my life. I also went on a trip to Haiti to work with children with AIDS, this is when there was no drug cockatiel or real treatment, that changed my life more, seeing kids so sick and die. As for the culture, I was able to see tons of metal bands in concert.  Cool now to talk about but I was one of the people sitting up top, not on the floor because I could not take the noise and pushing. I miss the mall. the mall was the place. Parents would drop you off and you had freedom. I went to a Catholic school and had to ride a public bus home and the transfer was in a bad part of the city. I learned to be tough in my Catholic girl uniform. What makes me sad is my kids do not have those same freedoms, kids are in a bubble. There is no mall to drop my kids off. If I told my kids to walk home, I would be a bad mom in the eyes of other parents. My son who is 6'8" was to scared to look at a college in the same area I used to wait for that bus in (and the area is much safer today). 

One thing about the 80's was I remember the purple /pink eyeshadow was the in thing. I was so excited when I got to go to the makeup counter and get the purple eye shadow duo. Maybe Virginia should have been with Jacob? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, buttersister said:

So Chris and his father are members of the Church of GTFOOH? No other explanation. Not only did Dad advise Paige to put out when Chris comes home, but I believe the additional instruction was not to complain about anything when he comes home from his hard day of scooping whatever it is into sugar rolls for people ordering tuna subs.

Yes, that's what he said, and it was absolutely appalling.  To have the father specifically state those two things indicates that what Chris, the good Christian, is most fervently hoping/looking for, is a woman who shuts the f* up and puts the f* out.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, bichonblitz said:

The guy with the party house. Have we seen a glimpse of this wonder house yet? I can't wait. 

Yes we saw it, although it may have been on one of the pre-shows, rather than the first 'real' episode.  It is sooo not a party house.  I remember it being weird and cramped.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:27 AM, JapMo said:

Jacob asked what kind of a cook she was.  Maybe he's willing to incorporate a few more things in his diet besides steak and eggs. 

The only reason he asked, is in anticipation that she would ask back, and he'd get to reveal what he believes is a somewhat endearing quirk.  Note to Jacob...it's not.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, gonecrackers said:

I agree about him, but it's not Paige's job to fix him, & even if she wanted to she would not be able. He's not even self-aware enough to get help at this point.

Yes, at one point he said that he used to have a big ego, but he doesn't anymore.  Bish, please.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:26 PM, Booger666 said:

UO:  I liked Haley’s dress.  It was simple and elegant 

I agree.   

On 1/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Hayley's dress was super boring. I just don't think it's fancy enough for your own wedding. And her bikini tanline in back was going right across the open back and it annoyed me to no end. 

Clara's struggle taking her hair out was so relatable.  Ryan waiting in bed for seemingly forever. Lol

Both of these brought back memories of my long-ago first wedding.  I simply hadn't thought that my tanline would still be visible by my wedding day, but I was not about to get a fake tan.  The few pictures that show me from the back are funny for that reason, and I just had to put it out of my mind the few times my back was turned during the ceremony.

And oh-my-goodness, the hair thing was absolutely insane for me.  My hairstyle was not elaborate at all, but it was so heavily hairsprayed that it literally took me 15-30 minutes to get the few pins out and manage to get a comb or brush through it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh, he asked for a kiss?  I didn’t hear that.  He was probably trying to break the ice.  She could have at least gave him a peck.  Rejection.  Not good.

Yes, he said something like, "How about just one kiss?" and she laughed and put her hands over her face. These two are going to have a hard time unless they really learn to open up and communicate their expectations.

I also liked Haley's dress a lot, I love halter necks, but I agree the back tan line was distracting.

I do not follow JamieO on social media, but I do follow some other MAFS accounts and I notice she is always there in the comments, putting her two cents in. I find it kind of annoying, like gurrl, stay in your own lane. I think she is super thirsty for attention. I have never bought that she and Doug are all that happy, but if she divorced Doug, she would no longer have any claim to fame. I hope they are truly happy together.

Chris is disgusting to me, and he never should have been picked. I think he's going to be worse than Brandon and Michael combined.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think he wants to be viewed as the trophy and have his way paid for. I think the money he spends is on himself only.

WHY, WHY, WHY do I get such a strong "LITTLE RICHARD" vibe everytime I look at Chris???  The singer/personality, too fancied himself a fashionista "peacock" and his fans flocked around him during his peak performance times in DROVES (I remember going to his concerts in his heyday).  

The blatant hyper-sexualization that Chris so fervently embraces may have other explanations except the obvious one that he promotes.  (I'm just thinking out loud....)

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 1/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, Caseysgirl said:

Jacob might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I think it’s a little harsh to describe him as ugly and creepy. I think he’s relatively attractive maybe not TV attractive and I think if he’s the nervous type anyway being filmed marrying a complete stranger when he doesn’t really even date very much might be a bit intimidating. I would save my criticisms for people who appear to be not nice humans and I haven’t seen any evidence of that yet.

Speaking for myself, I have known a lot of "nice guys" in my life, but most of them that seem a little clueless about dating at his age are hiding serious personality issues that don't bode well for a long term relationship.  That's just based on my personal experience.  Nice guys, but for what?  Not necessarily marriage.  And I'm already seeing evidence with him that he might be one of those.  And I don't think Haley, given what I've seen of her so far, is going to be happy about dealing with that.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:59 AM, gonecrackers said:

Jacob has very specific interests which don't work for this, unless the other person shares at least some of them. But of course they chose Haley who is nothing like him. He needs to choose his own mate, which is understandably challenging. He's got his own little life happening in that home, & it will be difficult to fit someone else into it.

This, exactly.  All of those geeky single guy interests of his are showing me that he's a little too set in his ways already.  He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that can learn that easily how to be flexible enough to accommodate someone else and their specific interests.  We'll see.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, pdlinda said:

WHY, WHY, WHY do I get such a strong "LITTLE RICHARD" vibe everytime I look at Chris???  The singer/personality, too fancied himself a fashionista "peacock" and his fans flocked around him during his peak performance times in DROVES (I remember going to his concerts in his heyday). 

Haha, great minds think alike - In last week's thread I said this:

Chris is already giving off narcissistic vibes.  He seems to be channeling a young Little Richard with the hair, the pencil mustache and the sparkly smoking slippers.  I've already forgotten what kind of business he owns.  I think Paige is actually cute but I don't think he's going to find her attractive.  Plus she revealed on screen (I think on Unfiltered) that she is not the submissive type.  I think we can assume that some sparks are going to fly here.

• Love 2
On 1/28/2021 at 3:28 PM, humbleopinion said:

Anyone else think that Covid will help Erik's/Virginia's marriage like Miles'/Karen's?

It might, but then again she might be bored to death stuck at home with him all the time and pining for the clubs.....Sex will only take them so far, afterward they have to be able to get deeper and I don't know if that's going to work for them.  Erik is all wrapped up in how attracted he is to her right now and not thinking about whether they have anything in common yet.  But it could become an issue because the two of them are really on opposite ends on some things.  They could end up like Tom and Lillian from several seasons ago - Great chemistry, really like each other, but at different points in their lives and what they want out of life.  It might work for a while but eventually down the road fall apart.  Unless Covid can help her to grow up a little and see that there are more important things in life worth giving up the party lifestyle for - hopefully she'll be able to appreciate him that much.  I don't know yet whether she has that much maturity or depth.  It's not looking particularly promising at this point, but I really want them to succeed so I'm not ready to give up on her just yet.

• Love 3
On 1/28/2021 at 8:21 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Not sure if this has been addressed , but who was the supposed groom who wasn’t attracted to his bride ? They all said they thought there brides were beautiful but the caption for the episode was that one guy wasn’t happy . False episode caption ? 

Actually it was Chris.  He initially said he thought Paige looked beautiful, but then backpedaled on that later in a talking head by saying something about her "not being his usual type", whatever that is.  And it definitely sounded like he was hinting around at not being attracted to her but just didn't want to come out and say that point blank on camera.  Plus, in a preview of the episode they bleeped out some kind of exclamation he made when he first saw her come down the aisle, which looked like "Oh, shit" or something similar.  They didn't show it in the episode but it made a lot of people think he wasn't happy with her appearance.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:35 AM, Jack Sampson said:

Jacob is on to something with his love for the 80s.  Did anyone here grow up back then?  Was it as great as it seems?  All of the entertainment was so innocent and optimistic - it must have been a glorious time.  As Chris would say, the 80s were dope.   

I was in my 20's during the 80's.  I definitely think it was better for kids back then than for people my age.  For me it was both the best and worst of times.  I graduated from college at the beginning of the decade to double digit inflation, couldn't even get a credit card without credit back then.  Starting salaries were low and the older generation back then treated young people like step and fetch its that had to prove themselves ten times over before deserving a promotion.  They never let us forget how hard their lives were during the Depression and WWII.  Made us feel guilty and wrong about everything.  It wasn't as easy or glorious as younger people think it was, only if your parents had money and gave you a nest egg to start out your life.  We didn't even have the internet or cell phones to help us find jobs, people, anything.  If you were an introvert and didn't have a big social network you were at a disadvantage in both a career and relationship unless someone mentored you or your family set you up.  And forget about the bar scene for singles, ugh.  Not to mention that being a woman back then was worse than now.  There was much more discrimination of all kinds.  Then of course we had the crack epidemic, which if you were a kid and your parents sheltered you in a nice neighborhood might not have affected you so much but it was so bad in NYC that we had homeless living in my apartment building alley.  The crime rate skyrocketed, and quality of life went down.  It was why my husband and I left NYC.  Those were much rougher days than a lot of young people think they were.  That said, I felt much better about the '90s in general.

19 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I grew up in the 80s, and that was one mean era.  Even the movies of the time were all about being mean to others.  Blah.  Good riddance to the 80s lol. 

Thank you!  I agree!  Like "Wall Street"!  Made younger people think we were all selfish bastards back then and that was just not true - only true of some people but not most.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Actually it was Chris.  He initially said he thought Paige looked beautiful, but then backpedaled on that later in a talking head by saying something about her "not being his usual type", whatever that is.  And it definitely sounded like he was hinting around at not being attracted to her but just didn't want to come out and say that point blank on camera.  

To say Chris was backpedaling is an understatement.

He was doing the backstroke away from his statements like he was in the Summer Olympics breaking a world record.

At the reception he started digging himself deeper in a hole he was standing in....

He is dancing around the truth that he wasn’t dazzled by her beauty and how to fake it for the cameras and all Paige’s confronting bridesmaids.

But he will soldier on having sexy time with Paige every day because that is the kind of prince he is....

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, JAndy said:

What was the purpose of her giving birth in that baby pool?  She’s such a famewhore.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jacob fails to see that it isn't about making his home have everything that can be found on vacations...a pool, sandy beach, sauna but it is the environment, local food (almost every meat culture has a version of steak and eggs), the people and their culture that Haley craves to explore.

Jacob thinks he can woo her to stay home with his big screen HD teevee, state of the art sound equipment, latest video games, none which she cares one whit.

He will need to understand that  it is important she keeps in touch and gets together with her many friend groups often and that will keep her out many nights of the week....while he is sitting alone with his plate of  steak and eggs.

Jacob has equipped his home to meet all his needs....he wants to hermit with a wife and make babies.

Haley still wants to get certified in skydiving solo, travel, be unfettered by children....

Haley and Jacob will have the same bone of contention as Brett and Olivia...neither will want to live in each other's home....

About Jacob's Beach. What a maroon! One word, Jake: ANTS.

However, since the only available tourist destination for a year has been Coronaland, Haley might just find herself  grateful that Jacob has installed plenty of entertainment  distractions from...him. 

As to the idea that Jacob "will need to understand" that his wife will be going out "with her many friend groups often and...many nights of the week": No, he doesn't! 

Yes, "Jacob has equipped his home to meet all his needs"---it's his home!

People living alone don't usually decorate a domicile to suit another's taste!

But a married person often will. Just as a married person will commonly spend "many nights of the week" with the spouse.

Haley and Jacob might spend some of those nights discussing compromise, sharing, individual interests,....you know, marriage.  

Lastly, I personally have lived a life of marriage and much travel, "unfettered by children," but I never met a parent who felt fettered. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Chris is disgusting to me, and he never should have been picked. I think he's going to be worse than Brandon and Michael combined.

I haven't watched every season, but I think Chris is worse than Brandon, Michael, Luke, Matt, Zach.   I thought these guys were annoying, and yes, acted like assholes at times, but I didn't outright hate them.  Chris is the worst of all time as far as I'm concerned.   

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What was the purpose of her giving birth in that baby pool?  She’s such a famewhore.

My friend had all three of her kids in a birthing pool. She said they were all beautiful experiences. She haD candles lit and nice music. She had friends and family over to support her and watch the kids when she got to kids 2 and 3. She loved it. Don’t knock it bc it is not your thing.

16 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

My friend had all three of her kids in a birthing pool. She said they were all beautiful experiences. She haD candles lit and nice music. She had friends and family over to support her and watch the kids when she got to kids 2 and 3. She loved it. Don’t knock it bc it is not your thing.

Did she have the births on National t.v.?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I prefer Jamie’s look now over her sexy MILF look. I think she’s depended on her looks a lot and it’s nice to see she can be accepting of herself rather than fight tooth and nail to hang on to her 20’s look with those crazy hair extensions. 
I might feel differently if I followed her on Instagram though which I have no desire to do so. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 2.25.20 PM.png

Such nice touches.

The ATL flower game for each of the weddings was strong.

The bouquets were individualized for each bride, the alter and reception floral arrangements were elegant.

If you are an old timer, the flowers the first few seasons were like gas station arrangements in comparison to what we see in Season 12...

• Love 9
On 1/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, MyTwoCents said:

I’m sorry but it must be noted, Jacob is the fugliest guy ever on MAFS 😢

Damn I think he's nice looking!  No personality, but I totally would.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 1/29/2021 at 4:50 AM, cinsaysit said:

yeah, but what do you think the girlfriends should have done? it isn't like they talked to chris before the wedding and tried to talk her out of marrying him. 

Should have grilled him mercilessly like only woman can do. Then inform their bestie the gist of what he said and what they think she should do about it.

• Love 3
On 1/29/2021 at 10:25 AM, Meowwww said:

I grew up in the 80s, and that was one mean era.  Even the movies of the time were all about being mean to others.  

No kidding.  I used to LOVE all of the John Hughes films.  Now I can't watch many of them without feeling dirty.

16 Candles, I'm (not) looking at you.

I feel like Jacob hasn't ever had a date, let alone a relationship with a non-virtual female human. 

• Love 3
On 1/30/2021 at 3:09 AM, Yeah No said:

Actually it was Chris.  He initially said he thought Paige looked beautiful, but then backpedaled on that later in a talking head by saying something about her "not being his usual type", whatever that is.  And it definitely sounded like he was hinting around at not being attracted to her but just didn't want to come out and say that point blank on camera.  Plus, in a preview of the episode they bleeped out some kind of exclamation he made when he first saw her come down the aisle, which looked like "Oh, shit" or something similar.  They didn't show it in the episode but it made a lot of people think he wasn't happy with her appearance.

I was in my 20's during the 80's.  I definitely think it was better for kids back then than for people my age.  For me it was both the best and worst of times.  I graduated from college at the beginning of the decade to double digit inflation, couldn't even get a credit card without credit back then.  Starting salaries were low and the older generation back then treated young people like step and fetch its that had to prove themselves ten times over before deserving a promotion.  They never let us forget how hard their lives were during the Depression and WWII.  Made us feel guilty and wrong about everything.  It wasn't as easy or glorious as younger people think it was, only if your parents had money and gave you a nest egg to start out your life.  We didn't even have the internet or cell phones to help us find jobs, people, anything.  If you were an introvert and didn't have a big social network you were at a disadvantage in both a career and relationship unless someone mentored you or your family set you up.  And forget about the bar scene for singles, ugh.  Not to mention that being a woman back then was worse than now.  There was much more discrimination of all kinds.  Then of course we had the crack epidemic, which if you were a kid and your parents sheltered you in a nice neighborhood might not have affected you so much but it was so bad in NYC that we had homeless living in my apartment building alley.  The crime rate skyrocketed, and quality of life went down.  It was why my husband and I left NYC.  Those were much rougher days than a lot of young people think they were.  That said, I felt much better about the '90s in general.

Thank you!  I agree!  Like "Wall Street"!  Made younger people think we were all selfish bastards back then and that was just not true - only true of some people but not most.

Here’s the thing: When Jacob says he into the 80’s I’m pretty sure he is just referring to the pop culture aspect - music and movies. He’s not talking about trying to live like it’s the 80’s.  I’m kind of baffled that people are so put off by this. It’s not that uncommon.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Here’s the thing: When Jacob says he into the 80’s I’m pretty sure he is just referring to the pop culture aspect - music and movies. He’s not talking about trying to live like it’s the 80’s.  I’m kind of baffled that people are so put off by this. It’s not that uncommon.

Yeah, what's wrong with liking a particular period of music?  We all have things that appeal to us for either sentimental reasons or just because a style inspires you.  I think once they actually move in together we'll see if he's expecting her to love it the way he does.

• Love 5

My favorite person of the episode was Myron...Briana's Dad.

He looked grief struck...like someone ran over his dog, stole his Amazon box off his porch and had bird poop on his just washed car.

His sad face expressed what fathers of daughters feel when some random dude shows up to marry their daughter...

Vincent better come over and play dominoes or checkers with Myron every week....

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 1/29/2021 at 12:56 PM, humbleopinion said:

Haley and Jacob will have the same bone of contention as Brett and Olivia...neither will want to live in each other's home....

Brett & Olivia were dunzo before they even stepped foot in each other's homes.  They were over on Day 2 of the Honeymoon when Brett realized she didn't want to ever have kids.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 1/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, Blissfool said:

I like Jacob too. I think he looks just fine. He seems to like Haley so I wish he could get over his awkwardness before he turns her all the way off.

I think both of them were victims of manipulated editing.  Why did Production question Haley about how she was feeling?  They hardly ever break the 4th wall, and never this early in the game.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

@Jack Sampson asked the people on the board that had lived through the '80s whether they were as great as they seemed to be, and I gave my honest opinion, that's all.  I don't begrudge anyone liking '80s pop culture - I like parts of it too.  I just think Jake takes his fascination with the pop culture parts of the decade to a level that most people wouldn't, which makes it feel a little immature and shallow to me.  YMMV.

• Love 3
On 1/27/2021 at 7:01 PM, MyTwoCents said:

I just feel so bad for Paige after the conversation Chris had with her bridesmaids. What a huge asshole he is!!! I hope her eyes are opened before her heart. 

And her legs... 😅😂

• LOL 5
On 1/28/2021 at 12:35 AM, JapMo said:

But he is ashamed of that and wants to make himself appear better than.   He throws around how rich he is within minutes of meeting people. 

DEEPLY INSECURE HYPOCRITE!! Someone should ask what he's trying to buy with all his designer items. Better yet, after he brags about his wealth, ask if he's concerned about women only wanting him for his money, then WHY lead with his "wealth"?? FOOL!!

• Love 4