Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
humbleopinion

S12.E03: Nice to Marry You

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Is there one single thing Haley and Jacob have in common? Besides being dog owners? He is completely into his house, and she is all about traveling and new adventures. Oil and water, I tell ya.

Like most marriages.  Compromise is the key.  She has to enjoy their home more .. he has to travel more.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha! Literally this season as she sits in her gray lace tablecloth dress......

She reminds me of a “school marm”.  Is that the correct word?   That hairdo.  Yucky.  The bun should have been on the camera side. I don’t get why she dressed so matronly, as she’s still young.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Silver Bells said:

She reminds me of a “school marm”.  Is that the correct word?   That hairdo.  Yucky.  The bun should have been on the camera side. I don’t get why she dressed so matronly, as she’s still young.  

Agree! She is still young but for some reason her "on camera" looks are always a miss. She bought this season's look herself as she was on instagram bragging about it. I don't know who chose that hairstyle - it's too ridiculously formal, and the shoes pain me because they are not current and make the look even more dated. I just don't get any of it. I think I even prefer the shorts romper she wore a few seasons ago that made her look like she wasn't wearing pants! This whole look is very dated and old.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Not much to add that hasn’t already been said about Chris, but wow. What an absolute piece of trash. If anyone doubted that this show makes terrible matches on purpose, look no further. And apparently the Apple didn’t fall too far from the tree because his father is equally disgusting. Talking about how hot Paige is multiple times and that conversation with her! Totally disgusting. I would be running for the hills after both the dinner conversation with Chris and then that conversation with his dad. Chris, go take your place in the worst groom room with Matt, Luke, All the Ryans, Michael and Brandon. You’ve already earned it and it looks like worse is yet to come....

Vincent and Brianna FTW! So cute! I loved his talk with her father, and the bow tie compliment to finish it off - I love him - I hope he doesn’t blow it!

Jacob and Hayley are DOA. He is so boring. Henry 2.0. Zzzzzz........

Is the wine glass actually attached to Virginia’s hand? She seriously wasn’t without it or a champagne glass at any moment including their first dance! The only time she didn’t have booze at hand was when they were walking to the room! This is not going to end well. Poor Eric - he’s so nice, gently fun and caring! Why the hell did they waste this treasure on this messy booze hound?

Not too much on Ryan and Clara, but her undoing her hair was pretty funny. “Where’d this braid come from?!??” 😂 

All of this, but the bold was the highlight of this episode for me. 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Virginia really does look rode hard and put away wet.  I don't know if it's an effect of drinking, but she's got bad skin and in some shots she looks older than 26.   I think she could be attractive if she cleaned herself up and curbed the drinking.   Right now, Erik thinks she's fun and cute and sexy, but I think that will wear thin pretty soon.   

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sorry, but the shaved-sides 'do is a gigantic DON'T!

 

Did NO ONE (friends/family) think to tell him that his hairdo is SO wrong for his features?  With his prominent nose and chin, it's like the "shaved-sides/Mohawk is a huge arrow pointing to his profile.  He could kinda be a striking-looking guy if he got the 'right stylist.'  🤔

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if this has been addressed , but who was the supposed groom who wasn’t attracted to his bride ? They all said they thought there brides were beautiful but the caption for the episode was that one guy wasn’t happy . False episode caption ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Can someone please explain the almost matching haircuts on Ryan and Jacob?

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

 But right out of the box Chris not only thinks he’s a prize that he’s not but Paige seems like a sweet girl with a lot going for her & he doesn’t feel attracted to her and said so on national television.   

Chris seems to be the most INSECURE & IMMATURE 'groom' ever selected by MAFS.  No one but an insecure person would spout off the stuff that he did during the reception.  Granted he was nervous, but he couldn't stop exposing every "inner dialogue" fast-forwarding in his head.  Not to his wife.  Not to her friends.  His swag 'exterior' self is a shell covering his wobbly 'interior' self.  (And his Dad was seemingly competing with him for "most inappropriate" comments made during a wedding reception.  Sporting what looked like a 1940's Zoot suit (check Google), he's probably the first father-in-law on MAFS to make his daughter-in-law blush.)  So SAD, so BAD, so uncomfortable to watch.  😖 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Can someone please explain the almost matching haircuts on Ryan and Jacob?

They wanted to show their future wives the types of bikini wax options they prefer?

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Like every person on the groom's side (except the groom), I think Paige is beautiful.  I swear I thought his dad was going to leap over the table and make a pass at his new daughter-in-law.  Yuck.

Also, was it just me or did Chris look FRIGHTENED when Paige said she was an accountant.  I could totally see the thought bubble pop up: "OMG.  She will be able to see through my BS."  Plus, when he was so excited to tell her he was going to be "flipping houses" and she informed him that she already owned a rental property.  She is way, way, WAY out of his league in intelligence, looks, and career.  But I know she is going to stick it out because she believes this has been ordained for her.

Jacob and Haley were as boring as I thought they would be.  They are literally like watching the paint on the walls of Jacob's basement VR dungeon dry.  Good luck getting him to leave the "beach," Haley.  I would feel sorry for her, but she made it clear in this episode that she is not looking at this like a marriage.  She is using the show as a dating service.  If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.  And Jacob sounded kind of delusional at the end when he said he thought there was a natural attraction.  He was leering at her in the bed and she was turning her back on him and seemed to be praying, "Please don't touch me while I'm asleep...."

I have complete faith in Briana and Vincent, Erik and Virginia, and Clara and RyanWiththeBadHaircut.  I think those three couples have a good shot at making it.  But who knows that ridiculousness this show will bring! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

What's wrong with saying he owns/runs a Subway shop?  

Could be a  brand advertising thing. Otoh, I read today that a lawsuit's been filed claiming that there is no tuna (nor fish) in Subway's tuna fish, so stay tuned!

So Chris and his father are members of the Church of GTFOOH? No other explanation. Not only did Dad advise Paige to put out when Chris comes home, but I believe the additional instruction was not to complain about anything when he comes home from his hard day of scooping whatever it is into sugar rolls for people ordering tuna subs.

Paige was defending Chris in terms of believing he didn't really mean the dumb-shit stuff he was saying. Girls shouldn't take him seriously, he already thinks she's the one he needed. Clearly attracted to him, she wants to make this work (she stayed after meeting his parents). Oh, Paige. I look forward to reading about your accomplished, successful, lovely self meeting someone fantastic as a result of this ratings-hungry train wreck. 

I'll sit on Jake is the most awkward guy ever for a couple/few weeks. Pretty sure that was a wrecking ball of nerves at work on a self-described nerd homebody. He's got dogs! And I'd wager his big nose comment was self-depreciating. Or he's got bodies buried in his backyard, time will tell.

Good luck, Vincent and Brianna!  You won't need it as much as Erik and lush. Not really interested in those other two. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, JapMo said:

Haley apparently doesn't like being the center of attention, so she picked a dress that had no lace, no tulle, no beads or crystals...nothing that would stand out.  I wouldn't even call it a dressy-dress.  If it was knee length she could throw a jacket over it and wear it to the office.

I haven't worked in an office in a long time, but I would think that dresses that require ice-skater-costume illusion are too bare for offices. 

The good thing about her dress is that the illusion actually worked--it was almost invisible.  The illusion in the V of Paige's dress was the wrong color for her skin and looked really tacky.

 

8 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I liked Clara for the first time when she was trying to get her hair down.  LOL.  I still do not enjoy the pointy nails, but I see them everywhere in Boston, so I guess, like going sockless with tight pants, they are the style right now.

Maybe she was just ahead of her time, but Leah Rimini had those awful pointy nails on her most recent Scientology show, in 2019.  I found it incredibly distracting.

 

6 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Maybe MAFS didn't want to give Subway free advertising.

If I were Subway, I wouldn't want the word "subway" to come out of that creep Chris's mouth, even if talking about mass transportation.

 

6 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Isn't Paige the one who said she didn't like condoms? Sounds like they might both be risk takers.

In the "upcoming" part, she told Cal that they're having sex without protection.  I want to like her, but that information is a big hurdle for me to overcome.

 

4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't get her so called friends at all. Friends are supposed to protect and stand up to one another. They should have been alarmed about a lot more than the fact he was just recently engaged. The man dropped about 5 red flags in just a few moments. She should get a new man and some new friends. 

I thought her friends were pretty good.  They questioned him pretty hard, and then passed on to Paige some vague rumblings of their dissatisfaction.  The wedding reception wasn't the place to get into all of it, but they did lay some groundwork.

 

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Can someone please explain the almost matching haircuts on Ryan and Jacob?

Well, I can explain that it's a popular style.  What I can't explain is why it's a popular style.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Couldn't get over how horrible Virginia's skin is. Oh man. Bad. Just bad. She needs to start hydrating from the inside-out. Erik is getting a raw deal with that immature girl.

I felt bad for thinking that...glad I’m not the only one. She needs a healthier lifestyle altogether. She just doesn’t give off fresh healthy vibes. I know women in their 50s who look fresher than her. Greasy hair and greasy skin 😞

Would Chris just stop breeding for goodness sake! Stop reproduction this shithole of a genetic set. The world is full, we don’t need more of him. He needs to be neutered. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, buttersister said:

I'll sit on Jake is the most awkward guy ever for a couple/few weeks. Pretty sure that was a wrecking ball of nerves at work on a self-described nerd homebody. He's got dogs!

Absolutely! Everyone who has dogs and loves dogs gets extra special treatment in my list! Go Jake!

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Not sure if this has been addressed , but who was the supposed groom who wasn’t attracted to his bride

Chris! Just watch this week’s episode or read above comments 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had to explain to my husband how “big azzzz” can be a compliment coming from some guys. He is very puzzled by that. Definitely not an azzzz guy. So I explained that while some guys don’t use it to be offensive, it’s still objectifying the woman and is not a preferred compliment. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HZAnita said:

Like every person on the groom's side (except the groom), I think Paige is beautiful.  I swear I thought his dad was going to leap over the table and make a pass at his new daughter-in-law.  Yuck.

Also, was it just me or did Chris look FRIGHTENED when Paige said she was an accountant.  I could totally see the thought bubble pop up: "OMG.  She will be able to see through my BS."  Plus, when he was so excited to tell her he was going to be "flipping houses" and she informed him that she already owned a rental property.  She is way, way, WAY out of his league in intelligence, looks, and career.  But I know she is going to stick it out because she believes this has been ordained for her.

Jacob and Haley were as boring as I thought they would be.  They are literally like watching the paint on the walls of Jacob's basement VR dungeon dry.  Good luck getting him to leave the "beach," Haley.  I would feel sorry for her, but she made it clear in this episode that she is not looking at this like a marriage.  She is using the show as a dating service.  If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.  And Jacob sounded kind of delusional at the end when he said he thought there was a natural attraction.  He was leering at her in the bed and she was turning her back on him and seemed to be praying, "Please don't touch me while I'm asleep...."

I have complete faith in Briana and Vincent, Erik and Virginia, and Clara and RyanWiththeBadHaircut.  I think those three couples have a good shot at making it.  But who knows that ridiculousness this show will bring! 

Agree about Paige being beautiful. Her father-in-law looked like he wanted to jump her bones. What a perv.

Chris did look freaked out about Paige being an accountant. Methinks he is not going to want her taking a look at his books. She is leaps and bounds ahead of him in accomplishments. I think deep down he really DOES want a trophy wife. He doesn't want any competition in the brains department.

I felt a little bad for Jacob, first when Haley told him to only undo the top two buttons of her dress, and then when she got into bed with him and was pointedly ignoring him. He asked for a kiss and she laughed in his face. And we already saw two instances of the producer directly asking her questions...what she liked best about him so far, and she couldn't think of anything, and then when asked what she wanted to do that night, and she was like SLEEP. This marriage may be DOA. It's like Christina and Henry, part 2.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, Crashcourse said:

Which one was discussing masturbation?  Somehow I missed that.

Edit:  I should have known it was Chris.  He really thinks he's hot.  His daddy looks like a balloon.

His father was worse than he was! his conversation with her about her wifely duties was something out of The Handmaid's Tale.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Every season I like this show a little bit less.  I’m sick of them pairing a real asshole with the nicest girl, it’s getting too obvious, I can only hope the girls are actually in on it and just along for the ride.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2021 at 8:18 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Also, I didn't care for the minister's emphasis on worldly goods, though. Kind of jarring.

Yes let's start here - if God and family were your #1s, they would certainly be mentioned before designer shoes.  I'm talking to you, Pastor.

9 hours ago, pdlinda said:

The thing that always sticks in my mind about Chris is how he always references "living in my car" a few short years before he APPARENTLY picked himself up by his bootstraps and became the financial powerhouse he is today😄😄

His story seems to go like this - he went to school and got a (or 2?) degree, moved to Florida for a job, could either afford an apartment or a rental car so he chose the car, thinking he would use his paycheck to get the apartment, that stretched from 1 to 4 months, and then his first check was $12,000.  So he didn't get a paycheck for those 4 months?  Or it was just enough to extend the car rental?

He is now so rich that he lives extravagantly, buys designer shoes, eats out every night, and women only want him for his money.  Which extends to owning a Subway franchise and having just purchased his first house which he intends to flip?  So there's nothing wrong with that, but I know franchise owners and house flippers, and they make a nice living - but nothing to where people "only want to date them for their money." 

10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really wonder how Chris has developed his self-image and how he talks to others.  He certainly cannot "read the room" whether speaking with his wife or her best friends.  I know that a lot of people take pride in "speaking their truth/being honest" but I cannot understand how they don't see the hurt of their words.  

It seems like he got it from his dad, who was equally inappropriate.  But you'd also think he'd want to make some kind of good impression on her friends, so his conversation with them confused me.  I admit that until then he seemed to be into her, and I thought maybe he was just an insecure dork, but then the conversation with the friends happened!

10 hours ago, cinsaysit said:

I don't think Chris wants to be fixed - he thinks he is pretty perfect just the way he is.  That she was dumb enough to have sex with him without protection says something about her.  After some of the things he said to her and his father said to her, she would have been wise to take this very slow.

On her end - she seemed kind of bored and unimpressed with him until he started with the inappropriate sex talk - and then she perked right up!

On 1/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, Silver Bells said:

Drama, drama, drama.  For once, I would love to see nice couples getting married, getting along, and having fun during their daily lives.  Why do we always see train wrecks and stupid drunk people and mismatches?

Sadly because when they get along, which I enjoy, most of the comment here are "Boring!" which I think the production knows and worries about.

23 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Chris, go take your place in the worst groom room with Matt, Luke, All the Ryans, Michael and Brandon. You’ve already earned it and it looks like worse is yet to come....

Don't forget Sean from season 2!!!

15 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don’t get how season after season people still apply to be married when if you just watch seasons past , you can see the “ experts “ don’t choose the best people , they choose the best people for television . I can understand doing this show if the intentions of the matchmakers were genuine but it’s clearly not . Chris is the best the show can do ? I mean all it takes is him saying one or two words to see he isn’t a nice guy . 

I think it's because some get Anthonys, Greggs, Austins, or Bennetts!  Or for the guys - some get Krystines, Stephanies, Amanis or Amelias.(not that Bennet or Amelia are my cup of tea, but they were each other's).  They're already taking a gamble, but they can see that there is a small chance.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, princelina said:

His story seems to go like this - he went to school and got a (or 2?) degree, moved to Florida for a job, could either afford an apartment or a rental car so he chose the car, thinking he would use his paycheck to get the apartment, that stretched from 1 to 4 months, and then his first check was $12,000.  So he didn't get a paycheck for those 4 months?  Or it was just enough to extend the car rental?

He is now so rich that he lives extravagantly, buys designer shoes, eats out every night, and women only want him for his money.  Which extends to owning a Subway franchise and having just purchased his first house which he intends to flip?  So there's nothing wrong with that, but I know franchise owners and house flippers, and they make a nice living - but nothing to where people "only want to date them for their money." 

There's an article somewhere online that suggests that the school might have been a  month at Automotive Dealership Institute in Phoenix. Of course, this could have been after spending time at a junior college, seminary, etc.

Chris is a young guy with access to enough cash and/or credit to spend extravagantly right now. Maybe, he'll build an empire. Maybe he won't. Women could absolutely be interested in him solely for the money he's willing to spend on them. Depending on the woman, he wouldn't need to have much for it to be more or less the only reason she'd date him. Whoever said Chris should have been counseled out of his shallowness was right. The experts could have suggested that he consider be someone who had more to offer than a credit card to make frivolous purchases. He could be someone who values women as people.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm reminded that while Chris and his dad were running their mouths off a cliff, there were cameras recording them. So now the conclusion I'm coming to is that they knowingly are playing the famewhore card--to boost Chris' entrepreneurial efforts. I don't think that's how any of this is going to work. 

Perhaps Paige's businesses, otoh, will benefit. No way she stays married to him, but I hope she doesn't make too many foolish decisions along the way.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Yes let's start here - if God and family were your #1s, they would certainly be mentioned before designer shoes.  I'm talking to you, Pastor.

His story seems to go like this - he went to school and got a (or 2?) degree, moved to Florida for a job, could either afford an apartment or a rental car so he chose the car, thinking he would use his paycheck to get the apartment, that stretched from 1 to 4 months, and then his first check was $12,000.  So he didn't get a paycheck for those 4 months?  Or it was just enough to extend the car rental?

He is now so rich that he lives extravagantly, buys designer shoes, eats out every night, and women only want him for his money.  Which extends to owning a Subway franchise and having just purchased his first house which he intends to flip?  So there's nothing wrong with that, but I know franchise owners and house flippers, and they make a nice living - but nothing to where people "only want to date them for their money." 

 

 

I have watched some of his interviews and read some of the articles written on him (all pre-show) and tonight my husband was doing some digging (my husband watches these shows with me but this is the first time he started goggling). 

Chris has talked about doing ALOT in his last 7 years. He has been in the military, tried or started college, church seminary, was a pastor, lived in 5 major cities, went to "trade school class" in Phoenix , lived in his car in FL, moved to Atlanta, got people to invest in his subway, started a flipping house business, started a transportation business, got engaged, got COVID, broke off the engagement and then we meet him on the show. 

Some posted an article on reddit today At first , sounded like the same old article about him youngest owner , homeless, all the same key words he uses all the time (to answer your question he says Enterprise was trying to repo the rental because he was behind on the rental payments). My husband owns a small business and it is hard work. I notice in the article has Chris saying, I wanted to invest in a subway because subway allows you to be an absentee owner. Not because he likes the brand , the food or the cost, it was because it allowed him to be absent? The article was written on Oct 28th and at the end it mentioned his new trucking company. I do not know much about the trucking industry so I asked my husband to look at the website link to the article. It looked like something my kids would make in a high school web your website class. The website said hiring drivers and dispatchers for six figures and full benefits and that he had brand new trucks being built. The location just said Atlanta and a phone number. The phone number was linked to one of those ups store PO box places? My husband looked up company reviews and just one review. By Chris Williams! So I said click on his reviews and the other review was for a lawyer that helped him 4 years ago get a traffic issue cleared so he could go in the military.  

The time frame is confusing me. I thought maybe the military after high school, then try college, then  try preaching, then move around , then go to the "trade school"(that is what Chris called it in the article) for the car finance training, then be homeless in FL for 4 months, then move to Atlanta and get the car job and get investors to help get him the subway. Have no idea if he flipped a house and what this transportation company is? Now the military being 4 years ago throws my time frame off. I am not a military expert, I know people who have gone in the reserves and done training and then come back to normal job and my son had friends out of high school sign up but most had to commit to 3 years and then they could leave to stay longer. Is Chris in the reserves (We know Erik is but no mention of Chris). 

After reading way too much tonight, all I can say is poor Paige. I hope she had choices. If she has enough at anytime, I hope they do not force her to film or Pastor Cal guilts her into staying. I know there is a contract but the show made a big mistake with this casting and I am sure there is enough footage of the other couples , we do not need to see Paige hurting or embarressed. I would rather see Vince teach Brianna some dance moves, Erik fly Virginia in his Plane or Jacob put on a mullet and do karoke, 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Like 9
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jacob is on to something with his love for the 80s.  Did anyone here grow up back then?  Was it as great as it seems?  All of the entertainment was so innocent and optimistic - it must have been a glorious time.  As Chris would say, the 80s were dope.   

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

my husband was doing some digging (my husband watches these shows with me but this is the first time he started goggling). 

Is it okay if I scoot over so you and your husband with his laptop sits next to me on the risers?
We need fact checkers and you two are hired for the volunteer positions.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't get her so called friends at all. Friends are supposed to protect and stand up to one another. They should have been alarmed about a lot more than the fact he was just recently engaged. The man dropped about 5 red flags in just a few moments. She should get a new man and some new friends. 

yeah, but what do you think the girlfriends should have done? it isn't like they talked to chris before the wedding and tried to talk her out of marrying him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jacob had the best groomsmen by far....

His brother with the full bushy beard and man bun and the family nose...

Advice from them to Jake...

Xnay on all the inside 80’s references, they are nerdy and even they have awareness that it is off putting to those not in the inner circle

There are only two outcomes...Friend zone or the end zone...true that

Seperate bathrooms, she gets first choice...wise words

Extra points for being polite eaters...chewing with their mouths closed...I appreciate after seeing others forget they are eating on camera and look like cows working on a cud or gobble down their food 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I have watched some of his interviews and read some of the articles written on him (all pre-show) and tonight my husband was doing some digging (my husband watches these shows with me but this is the first time he started goggling). 

Chris has talked about doing ALOT in his last 7 years. He has been in the military, tried or started college, church seminary, was a pastor, lived in 5 major cities, went to "trade school class" in Phoenix , lived in his car in FL, moved to Atlanta, got people to invest in his subway, started a flipping house business, started a transportation business, got engaged, got COVID, broke off the engagement and then we meet him on the show. 

Some posted an article on reddit today At first , sounded like the same old article about him youngest owner , homeless, all the same key words he uses all the time (to answer your question he says Enterprise was trying to repo the rental because he was behind on the rental payments). My husband owns a small business and it is hard work. I notice in the article has Chris saying, I wanted to invest in a subway because subway allows you to be an absentee owner. Not because he likes the brand , the food or the cost, it was because it allowed him to be absent? The article was written on Oct 28th and at the end it mentioned his new trucking company. I do not know much about the trucking industry so I asked my husband to look at the website link to the article. It looked like something my kids would make in a high school web your website class. The website said hiring drivers and dispatchers for six figures and full benefits and that he had brand new trucks being built. The location just said Atlanta and a phone number. The phone number was linked to one of those ups store PO box places? My husband looked up company reviews and just one review. By Chris Williams! So I said click on his reviews and the other review was for a lawyer that helped him 4 years ago get a traffic issue cleared so he could go in the military.  

The time frame is confusing me. I thought maybe the military after high school, then try college, then  try preaching, then move around , then go to the "trade school"(that is what Chris called it in the article) for the car finance training, then be homeless in FL for 4 months, then move to Atlanta and get the car job and get investors to help get him the subway. Have no idea if he flipped a house and what this transportation company is? Now the military being 4 years ago throws my time frame off. I am not a military expert, I know people who have gone in the reserves and done training and then come back to normal job and my son had friends out of high school sign up but most had to commit to 3 years and then they could leave to stay longer. Is Chris in the reserves (We know Erik is but no mention of Chris). 

After reading way too much tonight, all I can say is poor Paige. I hope she had choices. If she has enough at anytime, I hope they do not force her to film or Pastor Cal guilts her into staying. I know there is a contract but the show made a big mistake with this casting and I am sure there is enough footage of the other couples , we do not need to see Paige hurting or embarressed. I would rather see Vince teach Brianna some dance moves, Erik fly Virginia in his Plane or Jacob put on a mullet and do karoke, 

Whoa.  You and your husband found all of this in a few clicks, but MAFS couldn't find any of this in the MONTHS of "detailed, psychological, expert" investigation?  Not one thing you found surprises me.  At all.

Paige, get in line behind Amber, Kate, Neal, and others to sue MAFS for emotional abuse and suffering.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Haley...15 times a bridesmaid with 2 more in the pipeline...

Honey, that’s rough you got matched with the wrongest  guy for you.....

She knew it was wrong because Jacob dIdn’t laugh or even react to either family letters other than blink and nod....
Haley was confused with all the 80’s stuff...the Fanny packs reference was a misstep,  losing his place on his vows then speed read them like he was glancing at lines of code.

What was with the groomsman raising his forearms up as Haley was referring to the college football team he roots for...Nerds didn’t go to college football games...they were in the dorm playing D&D

Jake’s tux matched the tablecloths...

Jake is very bad at small talk....he got coached to not spill the beans about his weirdest quirks, so what does he do?
He blurts them all out in the first minute....
Anyone else smell his Flop Sweat through their teevee set?......

 

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed at how quickly Erik yelled YES when Virginia mentioned getting out of her wedding dress. 

Virginia is always bombed out of her mind.  She drank all day at the wedding.  Even if they had sex that night, she would probably wake up and not even know she had sex.  “Oh, we did it last night?  Was it good?”  Where’s the wine?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha! Literally this season as she sits in her gray lace tablecloth dress......

That mauve tablecloth was her best look...it didn’t creep up to flash her lady bits and it softened the harshness of her distressed extensions.

Agree her beige pumps look dated...guess she didn’t bid high enough on eBay to win any newer styled ones....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Virginia is always bombed out of her mind.  She drank all day at the wedding.  Even if they had sex that night, she would probably wake up and not even know she had sex.  “Oh, we did it last night?  Was it good?”  Where’s the wine?

 Erik should answer...you had 10 mind blowing orgasms....

What probably happened was she fell asleep immediately after straddling him..

Then snored loudly with mouth opened and had a trail of spittle from the corner of her mouth wetting the pillow.....

Erik stayed up all night watching her breathe because he knows that someone who drank all day could go into respiratory failure since alcohol suppresses spontaneous respirations...story of his new married life...mopping up after VA

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

 Erik should answer...you had 10 mind blowing orgasms....

What probably happened was she fell asleep immediately after straddling him..

Then snored loudly with mouth opened and had a trail of spittle from the corner of her mouth wetting the pillow.....

Erik stayed up all night watching her breathe because he knows that someone who drank all day could go into respiratory failure since alcohol suppresses spontaneous respirations...story of his new married life...mopping up after VA

Well, he better get used to it as that will be the story of his life.  He can start with making her go to therapy and AA.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’m sure everyone here barely remembers their wedding reception.  It goes so fast.  Picture taking, talking to guests, not eating anything, etc. Husband and I changed clothes, went to the Poconos after eating a full meal of ravioli in some town.  Even tho we dated for 2 years, but never overnight, he still was quiet and shy, and he’s usually not quiet and shy.  I can’t imagine getting into bed with a stranger.  Yikes!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2021 at 10:12 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Oh, MAFS, you did it again. Not one of these couples appear to be very well suited but Chris is the WORST in awhile. A lot of the douchey ones seem ok In the first few weeks and then when they are not as aware of the cameras, you start seeing the real person come out. But right out of the box Chris not only thinks he’s a prize that he’s not but Paige seems like a sweet girl with a lot going for her & he doesn’t feel attracted to her and said so on national television.   I’m just betting that this  “franchise” that Chris feels makes him the next Rockefeller is a “ Subway”.  And from the looks of the previews he doesn’t get any better.

Production picks for drama.  They don’t care about hurting someone like Paige.  Besides these hopefuls sign an agreement that probably says “Sign up under your own risk”.  They know exactly what they are in for, and take the risk for love.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Yes let's start here - if God and family were your #1s, they would certainly be mentioned before designer shoes.  I'm talking to you, Pastor.

His story seems to go like this - he went to school and got a (or 2?) degree, moved to Florida for a job, could either afford an apartment or a rental car so he chose the car, thinking he would use his paycheck to get the apartment, that stretched from 1 to 4 months, and then his first check was $12,000.  So he didn't get a paycheck for those 4 months?  Or it was just enough to extend the car rental?

He is now so rich that he lives extravagantly, buys designer shoes, eats out every night, and women only want him for his money.  Which extends to owning a Subway franchise and having just purchased his first house which he intends to flip?  So there's nothing wrong with that, but I know franchise owners and house flippers, and they make a nice living - but nothing to where people "only want to date them for their money." 

It seems like he got it from his dad, who was equally inappropriate.  But you'd also think he'd want to make some kind of good impression on her friends, so his conversation with them confused me.  I admit that until then he seemed to be into her, and I thought maybe he was just an insecure dork, but then the conversation with the friends happened!

On her end - she seemed kind of bored and unimpressed with him until he started with the inappropriate sex talk - and then she perked right up!

Sadly because when they get along, which I enjoy, most of the comment here are "Boring!" which I think the production knows and worries about.

Don't forget Sean from season 2!!!

I think it's because some get Anthonys, Greggs, Austins, or Bennetts!  Or for the guys - some get Krystines, Stephanies, Amanis or Amelias.(not that Bennet or Amelia are my cup of tea, but they were each other's).  They're already taking a gamble, but they can see that there is a small chance.

 

The thought process probably goes something like this:

  1. My dating life is shitty or nonexistent.
  2. I have at least a 30 percent shot of getting someone good
  3. My social media will probably blow up after the show
  4. I am going to get an extra $20-25K (maybe more for the grooms) out of this for a couple months of filming

And then they decide...why the hell not?

6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I have watched some of his interviews and read some of the articles written on him (all pre-show) and tonight my husband was doing some digging (my husband watches these shows with me but this is the first time he started goggling). 

Chris has talked about doing ALOT in his last 7 years. He has been in the military, tried or started college, church seminary, was a pastor, lived in 5 major cities, went to "trade school class" in Phoenix , lived in his car in FL, moved to Atlanta, got people to invest in his subway, started a flipping house business, started a transportation business, got engaged, got COVID, broke off the engagement and then we meet him on the show. 

Some posted an article on reddit today At first , sounded like the same old article about him youngest owner , homeless, all the same key words he uses all the time (to answer your question he says Enterprise was trying to repo the rental because he was behind on the rental payments). My husband owns a small business and it is hard work. I notice in the article has Chris saying, I wanted to invest in a subway because subway allows you to be an absentee owner. Not because he likes the brand , the food or the cost, it was because it allowed him to be absent? The article was written on Oct 28th and at the end it mentioned his new trucking company. I do not know much about the trucking industry so I asked my husband to look at the website link to the article. It looked like something my kids would make in a high school web your website class. The website said hiring drivers and dispatchers for six figures and full benefits and that he had brand new trucks being built. The location just said Atlanta and a phone number. The phone number was linked to one of those ups store PO box places? My husband looked up company reviews and just one review. By Chris Williams! So I said click on his reviews and the other review was for a lawyer that helped him 4 years ago get a traffic issue cleared so he could go in the military.  

The time frame is confusing me. I thought maybe the military after high school, then try college, then  try preaching, then move around , then go to the "trade school"(that is what Chris called it in the article) for the car finance training, then be homeless in FL for 4 months, then move to Atlanta and get the car job and get investors to help get him the subway. Have no idea if he flipped a house and what this transportation company is? Now the military being 4 years ago throws my time frame off. I am not a military expert, I know people who have gone in the reserves and done training and then come back to normal job and my son had friends out of high school sign up but most had to commit to 3 years and then they could leave to stay longer. Is Chris in the reserves (We know Erik is but no mention of Chris). 

After reading way too much tonight, all I can say is poor Paige. I hope she had choices. If she has enough at anytime, I hope they do not force her to film or Pastor Cal guilts her into staying. I know there is a contract but the show made a big mistake with this casting and I am sure there is enough footage of the other couples , we do not need to see Paige hurting or embarressed. I would rather see Vince teach Brianna some dance moves, Erik fly Virginia in his Plane or Jacob put on a mullet and do karoke, 

Much appreciation to your thoughtful husband. I understand that people sometimes bounce from things to things when they are young but Chris sounds like a hot mess.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

A HUGE thank you to our sleuths.  Every single thing about Chris' background is a red flag.  It sounds like he quits everything he starts, leaving others to clean up behind him.  Choosing a rental car over an apartment clearly shows he is into appearances/image (how he arrives, rather than how he lives).  For those of you who think he wants a trophy wife, the problem is that trophy wives want men who actually have money.

I am a Christian and seek God's plan/path, but I also know that I make many bone-headed decisions of which I have to face the consequences (and were based on what I wanted rather than what God wanted).  Paige is clear that she thinks this is God's path for her, but it seems to me that she may have chosen this opportunity and is trying to justify it as God's plan. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I like Jacob.  Maybe because my husband is an IT guy and is also reserved when he is uncomfortable.   And I think Jacob is cute. 
It really bugs me, though, how he’s tagged as “Mr last chance for love”.  The dude is 38, not 88.  
I am 50.  I grew up in the 80s, and that was one mean era.  Even the movies of the time were all about being mean to others.  Blah.  Good riddance to the 80s lol. 
I’m here for Virginia and Erik.  
ETA Subway probably declined to be mentioned on the show.  Might hurt their brand.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/27/2021 at 8:32 PM, gonecrackers said:

Chris's dad gives me a creepy vibe.

 

ETA- he just got much worse

Yes!  That talk about when a man works all day giving he wants to come home and receive.  Uh yeah dad we get it!  You want your boy getting laid on the regular.  Such creepy vibes from the men in that family.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't forget brown shoes with the too tight, too short dark blue pants. I don't get that millenial look at all!

and no socks!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Agree her beige pumps look dated...guess she didn’t bid high enough on eBay to win any newer styled ones....

My sister watches this show but never Unfiltered and last week we were talking about it and she said she saw her that last few minutes before the end of Unfiltered and her only comment was “why is Jamie wearing shoes that are a decade out of style?” 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

My sister watches this show but never Unfiltered....

WHAATT???

She's a smarter woman than we will ever be......

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

45 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

My sister watches this show but never Unfiltered

I'm the same way! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

One of Haley's bridesmaids is a doppelganger for Jamie Otis. I had to do a doubletake.

Yes, I watched it again just to look for that.

A younger and thinner Jamie lookalike.  I wish I could post a pic here but I can NEVER get it to work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

A younger and thinner Jamie lookalike. 

Well, to be fair, Jamie was younger and thinner when she was a participant on Season 1. But now that she is, shall we say, a little plumper post-baby birthing, and with her "frans" lapping up all of her "love yourself at any size" messaging now, I don't think she has any motivation to get back to her fighting weight.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Well, to be fair, Jamie was younger and thinner when she was a participant on Season 1. But now that she is, shall we say, a little plumper post-baby birthing, and with her "frans" lapping up all of her "love yourself at any size" messaging now, I don't think she has any motivation to get back to her fighting weight.....

Yes, the bridesmaid looked like Jamie when she was in Season 1.

Jamie has found a new niche for herself in the "I don't care what size I am" universe.  I didn't need to see the swimsuit pics but they are modest compared to some of her other pics.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, OnTime said:

 

Jamie has found a new niche for herself in the "I don't care what size I am" universe. 

As long as we mortals in the real world are spared nude pictures of her letting her flubber fly free......

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

 She has to enjoy their home more .. he has to travel more.

Jacob fails to see that it isn't about making his home have everything that can be found on vacations...a pool, sandy beach, sauna but it is the environment, local food (almost every meat culture has a version of steak and eggs), the people and their culture that Haley craves to explore.

Jacob thinks he can woo her to stay home with his big screen HD teevee, state of the art sound equipment, latest video games, none which she cares one whit.

He will need to understand that  it is important she keeps in touch and gets together with her many friend groups often and that will keep her out many nights of the week....while he is sitting alone with his plate of  steak and eggs.

Jacob has equipped his home to meet all his needs....he wants to hermit with a wife and make babies.

Haley still wants to get certified in skydiving solo, travel, be unfettered by children....

Haley and Jacob will have the same bone of contention as Brett and Olivia...neither will want to live in each other's home....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size