Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Nice to Marry You

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

there was something she said about being tested.

Paige said her vows were being tested, meaning she was struggling to stay in the marriage. It was a voiceover, played as she stood by herself looking sad. I think that was right after Chris almost got in a physical fight with one of the men in the cast. (I do hope she's getting tested for STIs, if Chris has relied on his "pull-out game" as his method of contraception until now.)

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

She could lend the dress to Paige & she could do taxes in it.

Then loan it to Virginia who will ruin it with spilled red wine, hot wing sauce, makeup rubbed on the shoulder and flecks of barf.....then to the rag box.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Chris sucks, but I actually agree with him that Paige is not a “trophy wife.” That term implies much younger arm candy with nothing going on in her life that’s not secondary to the husband. Paige is an educated professional woman, not decades younger than Chris, and not there just for decoration. But again, Chris sucks. 

I don’t think Jacob is creepy, per se, but I do think his awkwardness is so pervasive and unchecked that it’s borderline abusive, putting Haley in such a difficult position. (I am not saying he’s going to physically harm her, before anyone takes this the wrong way and flips out.) He may not realize it, but the burden he puts on her by just flat-out NOT RESPONDING when she talks to him is going to take a toll. He told the cameras he likes her but so far, he’s barely smiled at her or said anything positive or hopeful about their marriage to her. 

I may be the odd one out on Brianna and Vincent, but I’m not very hopeful about their future. She seems way more enthusiastic and committed. He’s just a lug. I don’t get it. He reminds me of Mero from Desus and Mero except minus the lively personality and exuberant sense of humor and ability to maintain rapport. 

Apparently, he checks all the boxes she wanted, which are some things I don’t relate to (so glad I got off the dating market before beards became a substitute for a personality). But she’s gorgeous and successful and deserves a guy who’s excited to be with her. Maybe someone will slip him some uppers so he can join the living. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

My unpopular opinion is that I thought Hayley's dress was lovely and that she looked very attractive at her wedding and is very attractive. I felt bad for her because Jacob was apparently very stressed at the altar and so afraid of saying the wrong thing, he chose to say not much at all. Just as bad a choice for a bad impression.  He did seem to loosen up a bit during the reception. I don't know if they have a chance, but it would be nice to see if they could try to be friends, at least. 

https://www.nutritionadvance.com/steak-and-eggs-diet/  Jacob was a body builder for a while and that is why he got in the habit of eating that way.  That's what he told whatever expert (I think Pastor Cal) when he was being interviewed. While it seems unusual, it has been done by many people for lots of years. He also mentioned at the reception that he was starting to try to add other foods back in, but the waiter came up and gave Hayley water and she turned her attention to that instead of hearing what Jacob was saying.

I feel bad for Paige, based on what we've seen of Chris and his family, but I also wonder about Chris and how insecure he must be to have to puff himself up like that all the time. Little boy lost, very lost.  I doubt that Paige will want to fix that. 

I liked Clara for the first time when she was trying to get her hair down.  LOL.  I still do not enjoy the pointy nails, but I see them everywhere in Boston, so I guess, like going sockless with tight pants, they are the style right now. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Chris sucks, but I actually agree with him that Paige is not a “trophy wife.” That term implies much younger arm candy with nothing going on in her life that’s not secondary to the husband. Paige is an educated professional woman, not decades younger than Chris, and not there just for decoration. But again, Chris sucks. 

Yes, you and HumbleOpinion are correct but I had assumed that Paige's friend was sticking up for her friend by saying that Paige WAS a trophy wife, only referring to her beauty. Chris was dogging her looks....not cool in any way, shape or form. To call himself a man of faith is an insult and Paige deserves much, much better. 

• Love 14

Chris talking to Paige's friends about her fat azzzzz....he is an insufferable asshole! I didn't get a good vibe from his dad, either. Paige has so much more intelligence and class. She and Erik are my favorites so far. 

The guy with the party house. Have we seen a glimpse of this wonder house yet? I can't wait. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Tight pants with a moose knuckled crotch, too short in the inseam, tight across the chest and too short jacket is the trend now...but Pee Wee Herman did it first.....and better...

Don't forget brown shoes with the too tight, too short dark blue pants. I don't get that millenial look at all!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

UO:  I liked Haley’s dress.  It was simple and elegant and will look good in the pics.  Jake isn’t my type, but if a friend dated him I would say he is cute.  His personality is so reserved.  I hope he is like Austin of past season and is so nice he gets better looking as you get to know him.  Paige is beautiful.  I wonder if the preview of Virginia talking about her anxiety is tied to her drinking, ie self medicating.  If yes I hope Erik can support her.  Wonder if it will be like Ashley and Anthony cause she had a bit of anxiety as well.

Popular Opinion: Everyone hates Chris.  And deservedly so.

• Love 13

Haley's dress was plain & plain isn't bad - without getting specific, I just felt it emphasized parts of her body in a unflattering way. I did like her hair (even though some have not), & thought her makeup was well done & the best out of all the brides.

18 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I feel bad for Paige, based on what we've seen of Chris and his family, but I also wonder about Chris and how insecure he must be to have to puff himself up like that all the time. Little boy lost, very lost.  I doubt that Paige will want to fix that. 

I agree about him, but it's not Paige's job to fix him, & even if she wanted to she would not be able. He's not even self-aware enough to get help at this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I really wonder how Chris has developed his self-image and how he talks to others.  He certainly cannot "read the room" whether speaking with his wife or her best friends.  I know that a lot of people take pride in "speaking their truth/being honest" but I cannot understand how they don't see the hurt of their words.  I really wished that one of the bridesmaids had slapped him after some of his comments about Paige (and, no, I do not advocate violence outside of these boards).  In what world does he imagine that her best friends want to hear his negative comments about their friend?

Actually, I believe that the marriages are only legal once everyone signs the marriage certificate.  If so, I wish Paige had refused to sign and had just left.  Then she would not have been in a "legally binding marriage..."

I think Jacob is awkward.  But, I also don't think he is as quiet as Henry was during his season.  Jacob did attempt to talk with Haley and ask questions.  I still have hope for these two, but I do have to acknowledge that Haley's face totally dropped with the 80s were mentioned during the wedding.  

Those previews indicate that this will be quite a season...

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Haley's dress was plain & plain isn't bad - without getting specific, I just felt it emphasized parts of her body in a unflattering way. I did like her hair (even though some have not), & thought her makeup was well done & the best out of all the brides.

I agree about him, but it's not Paige's job to fix him, & even if she wanted to she would not be able. He's not even self-aware enough to get help at this point.

I don't think it's her JOB either, but whenever I see someone who is as broken as Chris seems to be, I wonder what happened there. 

This show isn't big on redemption though. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree - her dress was not the best, but better than some i have seen on the say yes to the dress shows and her makeup was well done without being garish, seemed to be not that far off from what she probably wears in her normal life.

I don't think Chris wants to be fixed - he thinks he is pretty perfect just the way he is.  That she was dumb enough to have sex with him without protection says something about her.  After some of the things he said to her and his father said to her, she would have been wise to take this very slow.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Jacob might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I think it’s a little harsh to describe him as ugly and creepy. I think he’s relatively attractive maybe not TV attractive and I think if he’s the nervous type anyway being filmed marrying a complete stranger when he doesn’t really even date very much might be a bit intimidating. I would save my criticisms for people who appear to be not nice humans and I haven’t seen any evidence of that yet.

I totally agree! He is not some troll. I do think he is suffering from the same unfortunate haircut that Ryan is sporting. It's not great, but he's not ugly at all! His personality is very low key though and that will be a bigger hurdle. And the fact that he likes to stay home and she likes to travel. I think they are a total mismatch, but he is definitely not ugly nor a creep just because he is quiet. It was a little painful to see her so happy and smiling at the altar and him giving nothing back to her and watching as her smiles and excitement faded. And then the awkward post-ceremony conversation where you could see the wheels spinning in his head as he tried to generate questions to ask to avoid the uncomfortable silence.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, cinsaysit said:

I don't think Chris wants to be fixed - he thinks he is pretty perfect just the way he is.  That she was dumb enough to have sex with him without protection says something about her.  After some of the things he said to her and his father said to her, she would have been wise to take this very slow.

Yes, this. She's way too 'all in' due to her faith, but being prudent should be part of her faith as well.

On another note, was thinking about where they'll house these folks this season. The show usually rents airbnb's, or some other temporary housing, but Jacob has 3 dogs & doesn't Haley have one as well? Four dogs would be a lot in an apartment, so I hope they have some space (if they even live together as some have called it quits before making it official). I also think it will be tough for Jacob to leave his cherished home environment he's created for himself. (I'm not even dissing him there as I wouldn't leave mine either LOL).

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I still do not enjoy the pointy nails, but I see them everywhere in Boston

Yes, they are a trendy thing called Stiletto Nails, and the sooner this trend dies the better. I'm all about a good mani, but those nails would drive me insane. Not functional at all, unless you are an assassin maybe and they can double as a weapon?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

That all Chris' questions were sex related should have been a huge red flag to Paige.  I can't believe her friends just stood there and allowed Chris to talk like that about her. "She is the complete opposite of the women I normally date; they look like trophy wives."  "She is what I need, not what I want."  I was hoping one of them would call him out and put him in his place.  

I think Eric should have been matched with Haley; Jacob should have been paired with someone new and Virginia shouldn't have been picked for the experiment.  

Bet Chris is a dud in bed.  “Big wind, no blow”.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’d like to see receipts for just how flush In cash he is. 

My thoughts entirely!  My father used to always joke about "blowhard" show-off's we knew when I was a kid (my parents always lived way below their means, but I digress...).  He would say:  "Yeah, Joey (whatever the name) says he's a millionaire...that means he OWES A MILLION DOLLARS!  Everybody laughed out loud! 

I tend to think the exact same thing about "big shot" Chris!  I'd love to see his credit card balances with all the excessive spending on "status symbols."  

The thing that always sticks in my mind about Chris is how he always references "living in my car" a few short years before he APPARENTLY picked himself up by his bootstraps and became the financial powerhouse he is today😄😄

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Chris said he doesn't have a big ego or baggage. He doesn't want someone who wants him for his money but mentioned his $12k commission check. The first question he asked Paige was about what she does for a living. He mentioned the "friendships" he had when he was engaged and his fiancee didn't trust him.  This is no good.

Yeah well, wait until the new Baby comes.  He will go for his balls.  I hope the Ex gets that big mouth good.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I don’t think Jacob is creepy, per se, but I do think his awkwardness is so pervasive and unchecked that it’s borderline abusive, putting Haley in such a difficult position. (I am not saying he’s going to physically harm her, before anyone takes this the wrong way and flips out.) He may not realize it, but the burden he puts on her by just flat-out NOT RESPONDING when she talks to him is going to take a toll. He told the cameras he likes her but so far, he’s barely smiled at her or said anything positive or hopeful about their marriage to her. 

I may be the odd one out on Brianna and Vincent, but I’m not very hopeful about their future. She seems way more enthusiastic and committed. He’s just a lug. I don’t get it. He reminds me of Mero from Desus and Mero except minus the lively personality and exuberant sense of humor and ability to maintain rapport. 

Apparently, he checks all the boxes she wanted, which are some things I don’t relate to (so glad I got off the dating market before beards became a substitute for a personality). But she’s gorgeous and successful and deserves a guy who’s excited to be with her. Maybe someone will slip him some uppers so he can join the living. 

I hate beards or any facial hair.  Baldness too.  I love a guy who’s clean cut, nice wavy hair, and not a bragger.  But, I’m old and that’s how guys were in my time.  What’s with these half shaved heads?  I also love when a guy wears nice cologne, not that anyone asked.  Just reminiscing.  I think Jake was scared and very shy.  In time, I hope he comes out of his shell.  He enjoys his home and doesn’t seem too much of a party guy.  I hope they mesh.  I could be wrong.  We’ll see.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4

14 hours ago, JapMo said:

Chris has to couch his explanation of what he does for a living with gobble-di-goop about being the youngest black entrepreneur of a major brand name franchise.  What's wrong with saying he owns/runs a Subway shop?  

Maybe MAFS didn't want to give Subway free advertising.

As much as Chris talks about women valuing him for his money, it's not clear that he's on a path to long term financial stability or independence. He was homeless three years ago, blows his money on women, fashion, and take out, and wants to have at least a half dozen children. He's going to need to change something in order to create generational wealth. Or even enough to finance a comfortable, but not extravagant life for the next 60 years.

13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Chris saying Paige’s beautiful in her own way means she’s not beautiful to him...her bridesmaids better be quickly texting Paige to

not have sex with this Piece of Shit.....he’s a poser, a fameHo, ungentlemanly, uncouth and beneath her dignity....

He also said she was the opposite of what he's use to and that he's use to pretty women. So, it seems that Chris has labeled Paige as not ugly, not pretty, with an appealing enough body. Seems like if Chris' mom wasn't around and MAFS were in the business of casting older men Chris' dad would have been pleased to be paired with Paige.

11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Virginia...26 years old is a little long in the tooth to still be the flirty party girl at the bar, chugging the house white and red, laughing too big and too loud while looking around, smeared mascara, disheveled and  barefooted as her friends put her into an Uber....

Maybe. Especially in Georgia. But, it happens. I'm a younger Gen-Xer and knew plenty of single women with careers in fairly conservative fields who were Virgina-esque on Friday and Saturday nights as we approached 30.  

5 hours ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

No one was looking out or standing up for Paige and to be honest I needed her to stand up for herself a little bit as well. I don't know how I feel about how folks are using religion to justify staying in a terrible marriage.

This was sad. Surely Paige could have met a Chris without going on MAFS and having an edited version of her failed relationship aired for public consumption. Hopefully the new friends and vacation are worth it.

5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Paige said her vows were being tested, meaning she was struggling to stay in the marriage. It was a voiceover, played as she stood by herself looking sad. I think that was right after Chris almost got in a physical fight with one of the men in the cast. (I do hope she's getting tested for STIs, if Chris has relied on his "pull-out game" as his method of contraception until now.)

Isn't Paige the one who said she didn't like condoms? Sounds like they might both be risk takers. 

5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Decades younger than Chris would be a kindergartner. So that's a no go.  A trophy wife for him might be a college-aged woman. Of course I've never heard of a trophy wife not being interested in money. 

Maybe Chris plans to try to move forward in this relationship with Paige, the type of woman he needs, so she can help him build his empire. He'll have "friendships" with the women he's more typically attracted to. If he has enough outside kids with those friends, Paige might only need to give birth to Chris III and Crystal. Hopefully, Paige will move on before any of that happens. 

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Anyone else think that Covid will help Erik's/Virginia's marriage like Miles'/Karen's?

Perhaps Erik won't have a full flight work schedule so he can go out with Virginia to the opened outside bars, take her on trips in his planes, just give her the security that he won't abandon her when they hit rough skies.

If she can work remotely, she can go with him on his flights as a spouse on standby....

He can assure her that he will pilot her through the storms as well be there for sunny skies.

Thinking we need a 50 Shades of Grey recreation with Erik taking Virginia on a glider flight.....

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Adeejay said:

That all Chris' questions were sex related should have been a huge red flag to Paige.  I can't believe her friends just stood there and allowed Chris to talk like that about her. "She is the complete opposite of the women I normally date; they look like trophy wives."  "She is what I need, not what I want."  I was hoping one of them would call him out and put him in his place.  

I think the girlfriends were stunned.  You could see the looks on the their faces that they were thinking about beating the shit out of him.  However, they were aware they were on camera and they also didn't want to be charged with assault. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Tight pants with a moose knuckled crotch, too short in the inseam, tight across the chest and too short jacket is the trend now...but Pee Wee Herman did it first.....and better...

2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't forget brown shoes with the too tight, too short dark blue pants. I don't get that millenial look at all!

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really wonder how Chris has developed his self-image and how he talks to others.  He certainly cannot "read the room" whether speaking with his wife or her best friends.  I know that a lot of people take pride in "speaking their truth/being honest" but I cannot understand how they don't see the hurt of their words.  I really wished that one of the bridesmaids had slapped him after some of his comments about Paige (and, no, I do not advocate violence outside of these boards).  In what world does he imagine that her best friends want to hear his negative comments about their friend?

Actually, I believe that the marriages are only legal once everyone signs the marriage certificate.  If so, I wish Paige had refused to sign and had just left.  Then she would not have been in a "legally binding marriage..."

I think Jacob is awkward.  But, I also don't think he is as quiet as Henry was during his season.  Jacob did attempt to talk with Haley and ask questions.  I still have hope for these two, but I do have to acknowledge that Haley's face totally dropped with the 80s were mentioned during the wedding.  

2 hours ago, cinsaysit said:

I agree - her dress was not the best, but better than some i have seen on the say yes to the dress shows and her makeup was well done without being garish, seemed to be not that far off from what she probably wears in her normal life.

1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

My thoughts entirely!  My father used to always joke about "blowhard" show-off's we knew when I was a kid (my parents always lived way below their means, but I digress...).  He would say:  "Yeah, Joey (whatever the name) says he's a millionaire...that means he OWES A MILLION DOLLARS!  Everybody laughed out loud! 

I tend to think the exact same thing about "big shot" Chris!  I'd love to see his credit card balances with all the excessive spending on "status symbols."  

The thing that always sticks in my mind about Chris is how he always references "living in my car" a few short years before he APPARENTLY picked himself up by his bootstraps and became the financial powerhouse he is today😄😄

It is unfortunate for me that men under 35 seem to prefer these all too tight suits often in a seersucker design for the warmer months. I think it is supposed to convey that the guy's bulging manliness can not be contained under this little suit but Pee Wee Herman is often what it looks like.

My biggest problem with Chris and his father is that they seem to think they are God's gift to women. When Chris was talking about only dating trophy women...I was like, dude, you are far from anyones idea of a prize yourself.

People can go to the spoiler thread to find out how "flush" moneybags Chris really is.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Chris and his father, the pastor, remind me of those weird cult "religions" where all the women are subservient to the male. Even Chris' mother talked about agreeing with him because otherwise she will get the silent treatment, so that's how Chris got to be Chris. But, hopefully, Paige will realize that, faith or no faith, she needs to take care of herself and realize that no entity worth believing in would want her to be degraded and put down the way Chris seems to be talking about her. While there are disagreements of her level of attractiveness, I don't think anyone can deny how beautiful she looks when she smiles her radiant smile. I wish there were spoilers about who makes it through Decision Day.  (ETA - never mind - I found one. Actually a little surprising.)

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed at how quickly Erik yelled YES when Virginia mentioned getting out of her wedding dress. 

Betcha Erik took a shower, brush, flossed, waterpiked so he was minty fresh for when Virginia jumped his bones and had her way with him....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Chris’ Mother TMI revealed she gets the cold shoulder from her husband as punishment....or in her case a months long sex vacay when he doesn’t reach for her in between the sheets....PTL 

The asshole apple doesn’t fall far  from the bigger asshole apple tree....

I have a feeling Chris' mother is happy if she doesn't have sex with that fat-assed husband.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Wedding night speculations - I have NO DOUBT that Virginia and Erik will share wedded bliss - and I think she will do all the driving; Poor Paige and her loser 'husband' are destined to because she is putting too much faith in this whole thing; I think the rest will wait for a while - at least until the honeymoon.

Erik tell his buddies that he wasn't expecting sex, that he would be fine with cuddling, but you're right that Virginia will probably be the aggressor. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

He was looking at her like she was some kind of specimen, which is why I started calling him creepy.  Maybe it was just nerves on his part, because initially I did like him despite his quirkiness.  Haley seemed uncomfortable, but hopefully things will get better as they get to know each other.  For example, I hope he jokingly explains his "big nose" request as wanting one similar to his. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't get her so called friends at all. Friends are supposed to protect and stand up to one another. They should have been alarmed about a lot more than the fact he was just recently engaged. The man dropped about 5 red flags in just a few moments. She should get a new man and some new friends. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

One of Haley's bridesmaids is a doppelganger for Jamie Otis. I had to do a doubletake.

Paige is obviously a really smart woman. I pray that she can see right through Chris's bullshitty, asshattery, douchebaggery self. I hate that the experts paired her up with him for the drama. 

Jake had such a flat affect at the wedding. Haley was all smiling and bubbly and Jake stood there like a statue. You could see all the air deflating out of her during the Jake introduction.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

One of Haley's bridesmaids is a doppelganger for Jamie Otis. I had to do a doubletake.

Make that a younger version of Jamie Otis as she looked on Season One of this show. I thought the same, and I think the show cut to her a bunch of times because she looks like the OG MAFS bride!

• Love 2

I just can’t get over this.  What brand new Father in Law (Chris) of two hours tells his brand new daughter in law (Paige) to be intimate with her husband when he walks thru the door after work?  The way he was looking at her, I think he wants her for himself.  That whole family is nuts.  I can imagine what Chris’s Mother has gone thru with that sleezebag husband.  Disgust.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

No one was looking out or standing up for Paige and to be honest I needed her to stand up for herself a little bit as well. I don't know how I feel about how folks are using religion to justify staying in a terrible marriage.

Chris mom did a side glance to whomever sitting next to her was a litle disgusting in my not so objective eye. I wonder if he shares all the passages about sex to his wife to move her along. Does Chris have siblings?  Something wrong with daddy. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Haley's dress was plain & plain isn't bad - without getting specific, I just felt it emphasized parts of her body in a unflattering way. I did like her hair (even though some have not), & thought her makeup was well done & the best out of all the brides

I thought her dress was fine. Her hair not as much.   And honestly I though out of make up she was most beautiful. Such a fresh and healthy face.  Same with Clara 

I'm not going to add anything about Chris, the walking personailty disorder, because everything has pretty much been said. 

Can we NEVER AGAIN use the phrase "he/she checks all my boxes"? It's gross and weird. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Make that a younger version of Jamie Otis as she looked on Season One of this show. I thought the same, and I think the show cut to her a bunch of times because she looks like the OG MAFS bride!

Methinks production did that to mock the old grey mare, JamieO....

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Yes, yuck....

Some of the bedazzling stuck to her fingernail meant for her Nikes....

Just assumed, since ministers begat ministers, begatting more ministers....

😂🤣😂 this makes me laugh.  My father was a minister and believe me, his 3 children are FAR from it. What they say about preacher’s kids and teacher’s kids does bare some truth. Lol

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Yes, you and HumbleOpinion are correct but I had assumed that Paige's friend was sticking up for her friend by saying that Paige WAS a trophy wife, only referring to her beauty. Chris was dogging her looks....not cool in any way, shape or form. To call himself a man of faith is an insult and Paige deserves much, much better. 

Yes, I wasn’t clear but I was thinking she misunderstood what he meant by the term. I definitely don’t fault her for defending her friend!

3 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

As much as Chris talks about women valuing him for his money, it's not clear that he's on a path to long term financial stability/independence. If he was homeless three years ago, blows his money on women, fashion, and take out, and plans to have at least a half dozen children, he's going to need to change something in order to create generational wealth. Or even enough financial resources to finance a comfortable life, not extravagant life for the next 60-20 years..

He also said she was the opposite of what he's use to and that he's use to pretty women. So, it seems that Paige falls into the not ugly, but not pretty with an appealing enough body category for Chris. Seems like if Chris' mom wasn't around and MAFS were in the business of casting older men Chris' dad would have been pleased to be paired with Paige.

<snip>

Decades younger than Chris would be a kindergartner. So that's a no go.  A trophy wife for him might be a college aged woman. Of course I've never heard of a trophy wife not being interested in money.

I assumed Chris used the term correctly and Paige’s friend — understandably already on edge with his sleazy vibe — took it as an insult in context. Then again, maybe he used it wrong, too, and it was intended as shade. 

The lack of age difference/impossibility of being decades younger than any of the grooms (unless they put Jacob with an 18-year-old*) is part of why I was nitpicking the choice of the term “trophy wife.” 

*Dear MAFS producers: this is NOT a suggestion for your show. Do not do this. Age-appropriate trainwrecks only, please. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • LOL 1
17 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

Is there one single thing Haley and Jacob have in common? Besides being dog owners? He is completely into his house, and she is all about traveling and new adventures. Oil and water, I tell ya.

Like most marriages.  Compromise is the key.  She has to enjoy their home more .. he has to travel more.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ha! Literally this season as she sits in her gray lace tablecloth dress......

She reminds me of a “school marm”.  Is that the correct word?   That hairdo.  Yucky.  The bun should have been on the camera side. I don’t get why she dressed so matronly, as she’s still young.  

• Love 3
Just now, Silver Bells said:

She reminds me of a “school marm”.  Is that the correct word?   That hairdo.  Yucky.  The bun should have been on the camera side. I don’t get why she dressed so matronly, as she’s still young.  

Agree! She is still young but for some reason her "on camera" looks are always a miss. She bought this season's look herself as she was on instagram bragging about it. I don't know who chose that hairstyle - it's too ridiculously formal, and the shoes pain me because they are not current and make the look even more dated. I just don't get any of it. I think I even prefer the shorts romper she wore a few seasons ago that made her look like she wasn't wearing pants! This whole look is very dated and old.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Not much to add that hasn’t already been said about Chris, but wow. What an absolute piece of trash. If anyone doubted that this show makes terrible matches on purpose, look no further. And apparently the Apple didn’t fall too far from the tree because his father is equally disgusting. Talking about how hot Paige is multiple times and that conversation with her! Totally disgusting. I would be running for the hills after both the dinner conversation with Chris and then that conversation with his dad. Chris, go take your place in the worst groom room with Matt, Luke, All the Ryans, Michael and Brandon. You’ve already earned it and it looks like worse is yet to come....

Vincent and Brianna FTW! So cute! I loved his talk with her father, and the bow tie compliment to finish it off - I love him - I hope he doesn’t blow it!

Jacob and Hayley are DOA. He is so boring. Henry 2.0. Zzzzzz........

Is the wine glass actually attached to Virginia’s hand? She seriously wasn’t without it or a champagne glass at any moment including their first dance! The only time she didn’t have booze at hand was when they were walking to the room! This is not going to end well. Poor Eric - he’s so nice, gently fun and caring! Why the hell did they waste this treasure on this messy booze hound?

Not too much on Ryan and Clara, but her undoing her hair was pretty funny. “Where’d this braid come from?!??” 😂 

All of this, but the bold was the highlight of this episode for me. 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Virginia really does look rode hard and put away wet.  I don't know if it's an effect of drinking, but she's got bad skin and in some shots she looks older than 26.   I think she could be attractive if she cleaned herself up and curbed the drinking.   Right now, Erik thinks she's fun and cute and sexy, but I think that will wear thin pretty soon.   

• Love 7
23 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sorry, but the shaved-sides 'do is a gigantic DON'T!

Did NO ONE (friends/family) think to tell him that his hairdo is SO wrong for his features?  With his prominent nose and chin, it's like the "shaved-sides/Mohawk is a huge arrow pointing to his profile.  He could kinda be a striking-looking guy if he got the 'right stylist.'  🤔

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Not sure if this has been addressed , but who was the supposed groom who wasn’t attracted to his bride ? They all said they thought there brides were beautiful but the caption for the episode was that one guy wasn’t happy . False episode caption ? 

• Love 1