Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Nice to Marry You

• Start Topic

Wait wait wait, Chris’s ex is preggers or Paige? Looks like the guys are there for the beat down.  Boo to this show for doing Paige so dirty. 

What did the women of this world deserve to have someone like Chris on the prowl?

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wait wait wait, Chris’s ex is preggers or Paige? Looks like the guys are there for the beat down.  Boo to this show for doing Paige so dirty. 

What did the women of this world deserve to have someone like Chris on the prowl?

What?  Who said that and when?  Who’s preggers?

• Love 1

Every season a person says , “ I know we were matched for a reason so I’m gonna keep pushing through .” Yes , but that “ reason “ is because it would make good tv ... So don’t get your hopes up ! 

I feel like Jacobs look could go either way depending on his personality . If he had a good , sweet and fun  personality he wouldn’t be terrible looking .. but his personality is so bad it’s making him look so creepy and gross . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 19

Oh, MAFS, you did it again. Not one of these couples appear to be very well suited but Chris is the WORST in awhile. A lot of the douchey ones seem ok In the first few weeks and then when they are not as aware of the cameras, you start seeing the real person come out. But right out of the box Chris not only thinks he’s a prize that he’s not but Paige seems like a sweet girl with a lot going for her & he doesn’t feel attracted to her and said so on national television.   I’m just betting that this  “franchise” that Chris feels makes him the next Rockefeller is a “ Subway”.  And from the looks of the previews he doesn’t get any better.

• Love 11

Those previews...Chris ex is pregnant. Poor Paige, she seems to have low self esteem and I’m afraid she’ll stay with him because she wants this to work so bad. I hope her bridesmaids beat the shit out of him. And Boo to the experts who thought this match was a good idea. 
Also not surprised there will be drama between Chris and the other guys. I hope they beat the shit out of him too. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What?  Who said that and when?  Who’s preggers?

I don't think we know, but there are four things from the preview that make me suspect Chris's ex is:

1. Clara asking if Chris had a plan to "handle the situation" with Paige
  2. Clara's anger - "this situation is horrible"
  3. Paige saying her vows had been tested
  4. Chris saying he got interesting news

And if I'm Paige and there's a pregnant ex, I'm getting a divorce, but Paige's faith is stronger than mine and she might think it's God's will for her to be with Chris. But I would be out. It's a horrible situation for her to be in, if that is in fact what's going on. Chris never should have been chosen, with an ex he was engaged to five months ago.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It was in the previews! Ugh

Can one of you nice people tell me how to watch MAFS Australia? Is it on lifetime channel?

Oh sorry.  I paused the show for ten minutes and was behind.  Australia is on this channel on Thursdays in the beginning of February.   Thursday, February 4 th  8 pm to be exact, so the pop up just showed.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1

I’m just sitting here fuming that the “experts” paired up an awesome woman like Paige with this lowlife!!! Surely there was at least a slight hint of his douchery during the vetting process! And beyond that there should be some kind of mandated minimum time frame between being engaged to someone else and getting mafs 

And why ffs would they pair Haley up with that fuddy duddy? Using the term “quirky” is way too kind for that cornball Jacob

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

I’m just sitting here fuming that the “experts” paired up an awesome woman like Paige with this lowlife!!! Surely there was at least a slight hint of his douchery during the vetting process! And beyond that there should be some kind of mandated minimum time frame between being engaged to someone else and getting mafs 

And why ffs would they pair Haley up with that fuddy duddy? Using the term “quirky” is way too kind for that cornball Jacob

Drama, drama, drama.  For once, I would love to see nice couples getting married, getting along, and having fun during their daily lives.  Why do we always see train wrecks and stupid drunk people and mismatches?

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

All I could say about Chris is 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩. Paige needs to run in the opposite direction.  Someone needs to tell Chris that he's no Shemar Moore or Denzel. His father is equally as disgusting,  however his mother seems nice.

I have high hopes for Vincent and Brianna.  They might be this season's Keith and Kristine.   I'm unsure about the rest of them.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

That's sheer nerves talking. Chris is acting like he's on a date. Can't say much except "That's dope" and " my ex." No, Chris; you ARE a dope. And you're bucking to be made an "ex."

Also, I didn't care for the minister's emphasis on worldly goods, though. Kind of jarring.

I feel like his Pastor was low key trying to warn her while shading Chris. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

That all Chris' questions was sex related should have been a huge red flag to Paige.  I can't believe her friends just stood there and allowed Chris to talk like that about her. "She is the complete opposite of the women I normally date; they look like trophy wives."  "She is what I need, not what I want."  I was hoping one of them would call him out and put him in his place.  

I think Eric should have been matched with Haley; Jacob should have been paired with someone new and Victoria shouldn't have been picked for the experiment.  

The friends were stunned and were too polite to call him out.

• Love 10

Unfiltered: Imma Pepper, too, Ryan (mercifully wearing a backwards trucker cap), Vincent, JamieO

Ryan now has a stupid moustache to go along with his Snatch haircut....🙄

Vincent buy a bigger size shirt..the buttons are working overtime on your striped top.

Easy for Pepper to happily sit with the grooms for their “good matches”...how about coming back to answer for the WTF couple, Jacob and Haley?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered: Imma Pepper, too, Ryan (mercifully wearing a backwards trucker cap), Vincent, JamieO

Ryan now has a stupid moustache to go along with his Snatch haircut....🙄

Vincent buy a bigger size shirt..the buttons are working overtime on your striped top.

Easy for Pepper to happily sit with the grooms for their “good matches”...how about coming back to answer for the WTF couple, Jacob and Haley?

Yeah, Pepper was tearing up about the good matches.  She’s probably hysterical now with the bad matches.

• Love 2

Doubt we’ll be seeing much, if any, Chris on Unfiltered this season.

I don’t want to see the ‘experts’ self righteously gang up on him either. Even if production chooses these people they got behind choosing him so no excuses- they all suck. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I hope Virginia cuts back on the drinking.

It’s in her blood.  She’s probably been drinking since her teen years.  As if she didn’t have enough, she still had a drink in the bed.

37 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Fuck this show 

I know, right?  See you next week, lol.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Doubt we’ll be seeing much, if any, Chris on Unfiltered this season.

I don’t want to see the ‘experts’ self righteously gang up on him either. Even if production chooses these people they got behind choosing him so no excuses- they all suck. 

Yeah, Chris is gonna “Chris”. The experts need a beat down. 

• Love 10

For me, the first red flag with Chris was calling himself an "entrepreneur."  I've never heard anyone describe himself that way who had an actual job.

This is the first episode I've watched in years.  Seems just the same--a bunch of famewhores plus a handful of genuinely nice people being tragically screwed.  I see that snake oil salesman, Dr. Pepper, is still a feature.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Chris said he doesn't have a big ego or baggage. He doesn't want someone who wants him for his money but mentioned his $12k commission check. The first question he asked Paige was about what she does for a living. He mentioned the "friendships" he had when he was engaged and his fiancee didn't trust him.  This is no good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I’m going to quit judging first several shows.  I actually like all of then except Virginia. She rubs me wrong way.   They should NOT have been matched  But who knows. I even like Paige a lot and have some hope for Chris.  Haley and Jake are  starting to seem well matched.  Two quirky people.  He seems to be loosening up and showing his humor.  

Have they added more commercials?  Second hour feels like it or am I just tired of the noise?  Seems like one long commercial 

• Love 2

Not much to add that hasn’t already been said about Chris, but wow. What an absolute piece of trash. If anyone doubted that this show makes terrible matches on purpose, look no further. And apparently the Apple didn’t fall too far from the tree because his father is equally disgusting. Talking about how hot Paige is multiple times and that conversation with her! Totally disgusting. I would be running for the hills after both the dinner conversation with Chris and then that conversation with his dad. Chris, go take your place in the worst groom room with Matt, Luke, All the Ryans, Michael and Brandon. You’ve already earned it and it looks like worse is yet to come....

Vincent and Brianna FTW! So cute! I loved his talk with her father, and the bow tie compliment to finish it off - I love him - I hope he doesn’t blow it!

Jacob and Hayley are DOA. He is so boring. Henry 2.0. Zzzzzz........

Is the wine glass actually attached to Virginia’s hand? She seriously wasn’t without it or a champagne glass at any moment including their first dance! The only time she didn’t have booze at hand was when they were walking to the room! This is not going to end well. Poor Eric - he’s so nice, gently fun and caring! Why the hell did they waste this treasure on this messy booze hound?

Not too much on Ryan and Clara, but her undoing her hair was pretty funny. “Where’d this braid come from?!??” 😂 I’m 50-50 on them. I think it could go either way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Okay. The nut doesn’t fall far from tree. Chris’ dad gives me the creeps and Chris starting to as well.  Guess I better watch all before commenting.  

I wonder if Virginia extremely insecure? Maybe Eric and she will surprise. Hope so  

I still worry about Clara.  They look so good together. ❤️

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Haley would have been so good with the pilot guy though he seems pretty happy with Virginia.

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

The friends were stunned and were too polite to call him out.

I would like to see some of these supposed potential trophy wives that Chris supposedly dates...seems to me he probably goes for bimbos, which is nothing to be proud about.

Paige is way out of his league when it comes to intelligence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

IMO Chris is the worst person ever selected to be on Married at First Sight.  My jaw dropped when he announced to the bridesmaids that he was very adept at "pulling out".  So classy...so so classy.

Neither Haley or Jacob are ugly, IMO.  They are a moderately attractive couple.  In normal life, they are both very laid back people, yet both did an uncharacteristic thing and signed up to be married to a stranger.  They usually aren't the centers of attention in any given situation so nerves and discomfort knowing everyone was looking at them led to the extreme awkwardness we witnessed.  Jacob isn't confident like Ryan or outgoing like Erik.  Haley would never drape herself all over a complete stranger while drowning herself in liquor.   Maybe they are boring but I'd take that over the trainwrecks of some of the other couples.  

These two really want to be married.  Unless I missed it, I don't remember Haley going on and on about how important traveling is to her a la Olivia (even though she seems to have traveled much more extensively).  Jacob asked what kind of a cook she was.  Maybe he's willing to incorporate a few more things in his diet besides steak and eggs.   If passion can grow once they become more familiar with each other, then they might have a chance.   I'm not willing to write them off just yet. 

25 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Dr Do little

OMG.....that's hilarious!

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Is it me or was it déjà vu all over again in the preview?  Chris reminded me of Brandon a few seasons ago down to cursing at everyone in the van and almost coming to blows with people.  Poor Paige.  She will join the club of women paired with scoundrels on this show.  It shouldn't be legal to do that to anyone, especially someone that sincere.  I refuse to believe that Chris didn't show himself to be a creep during the selection process.  Once again the ethics on this show is nonexistent.  And yet we watch anyway!

Perhaps in Jacob's way over the line creepy mind he wants a woman with a big nose because it makes him feel better about his big nose, LOL.

As someone who was young in the '80s I roll my eyes at young people that get fascinated with it.  For me it was both the best and worst of times and I have my baggage with it.  Jake seems to romanticize the superficial stuff like a little kid, but the '80s was far more than that.  Maybe he wouldn't love it so much if he had to live through it as a young adult.  I'd take the '90s over the '80s any day, but at least I lived through both as an adult.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

As someone who was young in the '80s I roll my eyes at young people that get fascinated with it.  For me it was both the best and worst of times and I have my baggage with it.  Jake seems to romanticize the superficial stuff like a little kid, but the '80s was far more than that.  Maybe he wouldn't love it so much if he had to live through it as a young adult.  I'd take the '90s over the '80s any day, but at least I lived through both as an adult.

I'm a product of the 60s.  Can't tell you how many people think anyone who came of age in that era did nothing but sex, drugs, and rock & roll, with the emphasis on drugs.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Neither Haley or Jacob are ugly, IMO.  They are a moderately attractive couple.  In normal life, they are both very laid back people, yet both did an uncharacteristic thing and signed up to be married to a stranger. 

I think Haley is far more attractive than Jacob and she is only moderately attractive.  Add me to the table that thinks he's in competition for worst looking man on the series so far.  And like others, I feel that his creepiness only makes me see him as more unattractive.  It looks like Haley is already unsure about him.  Wait until she sees his house, LOL.  Already she seems far less "quirky" than he is and not so tolerant of his brand of quirk.  They already look awkward together - which doesn't bode well for her softening to the quirk.  I'm not too optimistic about them.

3 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I'm a product of the 60s.  Can't tell you how many people think anyone who came of age in that era did nothing but sex, drugs, and rock & roll, with the emphasis on drugs.  

Yeah I hate it when people stereotype a decade.  It doesn't help that we have all sorts of TV documentaries that only encourage that.  I was a kid in the '60s but even I knew that a lot of people weren't "hippies" or do drugs.  Jacob's fascination with the '80s just seems so immature.  I loved the movies and big bands of the '30s and '40s when I was young, but I didn't dedicate myself to every little bit of kitsch and superficial trivia from those decades.  Plus thanks to my parents who lived through the Depression and WWII, I knew it wasn't all fun and games either.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah I hate it when people stereotype a decade.  It doesn't help that we have all sorts of TV documentaries that only encourage that.  I was a kid in the '60s but even I knew that a lot of people weren't "hippies" or do drugs.  Jacob's fascination with the '80s just seems so immature.  I loved the movies and big bands of the '30s and '40s when I was young, but I didn't dedicate myself to every little bit of kitsch and superficial trivia from those decades.  Plus thanks to my parents who lived through the Depression and WWII, I knew it wasn't all fun and games either.

I graduated from high school at the end of the 60s, but I LOVE anything from the 50s (also called Mid Century Modern).  It makes sense since that time period was my childhood, but it's interesting you like the big bands.  Listened to that music growing up because my dad loved it.  Made jokes about it at the time, but it must have seeped in and I listen to it a lot now.

• Love 2