Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E04: Week 4

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Arkay said:

Thank you, @Stats Queen. I had no idea. The Bachelor franchise is where I go for my needed dose of trash, so I haven't see any Housewives shows at all. The world must be composed of brilliant marketers if they can drum up a paying audience for this.

Please keep your strength and don’t venture into the miasma that is the vapidity of the real housewives....🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, TiredMe said:

Doing it as a joke never even crossed my mind. I was too horrified at the thought of talking to her. LOL

Do not fear. The Cameo celeb records a message to the recipient and then sends a link. There is no real personal interaction required. Plus, the recipient and friends are usually rolling around the floor laughing while watching it, so I do not think the celeb would want to be there for that. 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Do not fear. The Cameo celeb records a message to the recipient and then sends a link. There is no real personal interaction required. Plus, the recipient and friends are usually rolling around the floor laughing while watching it, so I do not think the celeb would want to be there for that. 

There is yet a new Cameo innovation.   For a cost not disclosed on the site, you and up to 4 friends can have a Zoom meeting with certain of the “celebs”.  I don’t know if they all do it.   

And I was reading the reviews.  Some celebs put a lot of time and thought into the Cameo and go well over the time limit.  Others barely say high.

I've ordered 2 Cameos, early pandemic, to give my friends a smile. It's not just reality stars, you've also got a lot of athletes and lower tier celebs/musicians on there. I ordered one for a friend who loves gymnastics, and it was from a gymnast she likes. The other was for a friend whose engagement in Paris got sidelined (so she settled for a Philly engagement) and I splurged and got LuAnn DeLesseps - and her Cameo was freaking AWESOME. Super personalized, she sang, played into her Countess schtick, she incorporated all of the things that I wrote in the blurb about my friend, and my friend absolutely loved it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, drkshades said:

Victoria is the kinda chick you want on your side in a bar fight. Thats the only good thing i can say about her. 🙂

Not really. I get the feeling she'd start shit, and then leave you hanging. And I get a strong feeling she'd be incredibly useless even if she stayed to fight. 

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, reggiejax said:

Not really. I get the feeling she'd start shit, and then leave you hanging. And I get a strong feeling she'd be incredibly useless even if she stayed to fight. 

Unless there is a crown or tiara involved. She would fight to the death for that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2021 at 4:27 PM, Adeejay said:

I have been watching the Bachelor since Shannon stepped out of the limo in Season 1. So, I believe I am qualified to say with the utmost confidence that Matt is not “the most boring Bachelor ever.”  He is not even close.  I would hate to have to name names.

I have watched every season (except Jesse Palmer) and Matt is by far the most boring.  I never actually found the supposedly boring ones to be boring, like Ben, farmer Chris, etc.  But I'm really wondering if at least part of why I find him so boring is how dead-on the SNL spoofs are in terms of matching how he talks to the girls, and it highlights his boring-ness.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:48 PM, atlanticslide said:

That said, I thought he seemed way more lively and interested on his date with Michelle than he has at any other point on the show so far, and seemed for the first time like he was actually having some fun. 

I was stunned to see personality from Matt on his date with Michelle, but more surprisingly, to see chemistry between them.  This is by far the latest into the season that it's been without seeing even a shred of chemistry with any of the other ladies.  And I found it very interesting that he made a remark to that effect, about how there was more of a spark with her from such a short time, than with some of the ladies who'd been there longer.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:58 PM, tennisgurl said:

Of course, the real villains here are the producers, who added these new women just to create even more cheap drama. 

Actually, I could believe it if the producers saw the absolute lack of chemistry with the women and that's why they brought more in.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I have watched every season (except Jesse Palmer) and Matt is by far the most boring.  I never actually found the supposedly boring ones to be boring, like Ben, farmer Chris, etc.  But I'm really wondering if at least part of why I find him so boring is how dead-on the SNL spoofs are in terms of matching how he talks to the girls, and it highlights his boring-ness.

I was stunned to see personality from Matt on his date with Michelle, but more surprisingly, to see chemistry between them.  This is by far the latest into the season that it's been without seeing even a shred of chemistry with any of the other ladies.  And I found it very interesting that he made a remark to that effect, about how there was more of a spark with her from such a short time, than with some of the ladies who'd been there longer.

Actually, I could believe it if the producers saw the absolute lack of chemistry with the women and that's why they brought more in.

I agree with all of this and it makes me think the producers need to do much more research on The Bachelor's type.  Most men have one whether they're aware of it or not.  There are girls left sitting on the sofa every week who I find stunning and yet Matt has no interest in them.  My apologies, because she's clearly very attractive to some, but I thought Michelle would be sent home at the first opportunity.  Now that I've seen her wonderful  (dare I say sparkling) personality I find her much prettier, but at first I thought she was very plain.  So why didn't the producers know that Matt's type was tall and muscular?  He said that he noticed right away that she was an "athlete," and he was immediately drawn to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Dena0033 said:

I've ordered 2 Cameos, early pandemic, to give my friends a smile. It's not just reality stars, you've also got a lot of athletes and lower tier celebs/musicians on there. I ordered one for a friend who loves gymnastics, and it was from a gymnast she likes. The other was for a friend whose engagement in Paris got sidelined (so she settled for a Philly engagement) and I splurged and got LuAnn DeLesseps - and her Cameo was freaking AWESOME. Super personalized, she sang, played into her Countess schtick, she incorporated all of the things that I wrote in the blurb about my friend, and my friend absolutely loved it. 

Are you in the Philly area? My husband got me an Aunt Mary Pat cameo for my birthday.  My sisters and I got one for my mom. She is so funny and personable and since she’s not a huge celeb it was only around $25. 

Edited by GracieK
2 hours ago, GracieK said:

Are you in the Philly area? My husband got me an Aunt Mary Pat cameo for my birthday.  My sisters and I got one for my mom. She is so funny and personable and since she’s not a huge celeb it was only around $25. 

I'm not, Gracie! I am in Denver. But one of my best friends moved to Philly a few years ago. 🙂 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Dena0033 said:

I'm not, Gracie! I am in Denver. But one of my best friends moved to Philly a few years ago. 🙂 

My husband and I lived in Denver for 3 years - right on Blake St next to Coors Field! I miss our first Friday art strolls in RiNo among other things!

• Love 2