Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Since Kanye's erratic behavior keeps coming up in our discussions about Britney, over the weekend, he held a bizarre listening/release party for an album that is clearly not done, decided to move into a stadium to finish said album, and has been spotted wandering around with pantyhose on his head and an outfit that looks like it would be super uncomfortable in the heat of Georgia in the middle of summer. 

Nobody is calling for him to be put under a conservatorship (and rightfully not), but the media coverage and discussion around this tends to veer toward "haha that Kanye sure is strange," but given his history of mental health issues, I feel like it's actually pretty worrying behavior? 

https://www.vulture.com/2021/07/kanye-west-is-living-in-a-stadium-to-finish-donda.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2021/07/26/will-kanye-west-deliver-donda-or-disappoint/

• Useful 6
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, Zella said:

Since Kanye's erratic behavior keeps coming up in our discussions about Britney, over the weekend, he held a bizarre listening/release party for an album that is clearly not done, decided to move into a stadium to finish said album, and has been spotted wandering around with pantyhose on his head and an outfit that looks like it would be super uncomfortable in the heat of Georgia in the middle of summer. 

Nobody is calling for him to be put under a conservatorship (and rightfully not), but the media coverage and discussion around this tends to veer toward "haha that Kanye sure is strange," but given his history of mental health issues, I feel like it's actually pretty worrying behavior? 

https://www.vulture.com/2021/07/kanye-west-is-living-in-a-stadium-to-finish-donda.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2021/07/26/will-kanye-west-deliver-donda-or-disappoint/

Not a fan of Kanye, but he is obviously in not a good mental state. That’s not good and anyone making light of it is not helpful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Not a fan of Kanye, but he is obviously in not a good mental state. That’s not good and anyone making light of it is not helpful.

Yeah I'm also not a Kanye fan, but the whole thing is just sad. It's giving me Amy Winehouse flashbacks. Obviously he doesn't have the same issues she did, but I just remember the media constantly making fun of her when she was clearly not well and then suddenly changing their tune when she finally died.

I have a real problem in general with the hypocritical way the media handles celebrity mental health crises. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17

Article with details.    

In Rosengart's court filing, he said the situation had become "toxic" between the singer and her father and that he was "guilty of misfeasance or malfeasance."

"For more than thirteen years, Petitioner Britney Jean Spears has endured a conservatorship that, certainly as it concerns James P. Spears, has grown increasingly toxic and is simply no longer tenable," Rosengart wrote. "In addition to stripping his daughter of her dignity, autonomy, and certain fundamental liberties — Mr. Spears is also guilty of misfeasance or malfeasance warranting the imposition of surcharges, damages, or other legal action against him."

Rosengart also claimed the conservatorship had become a "Kafkaesque nightmare" for his client in which her father has paid himself $16,000 per month from Britney Spears' estate — $2,000 more than is allotted for her -- and an additional $2,000 per month for his office expenses.

The filing also stated that Spears's cut from his daughter's Las Vegas residency was "estimated to be at least $2.1 million" after receiving 1.5% of the gross revenues from her performances and associated merchandise sales.

Alleges she has also been medicated against her will by a sports doctor:

Lynne Spears also said, "my daughter the conservatee was being treated by a sports enhancement doctor hired by Mr. Spears; the doctor in question was a psychiatrist who was prescribing what I and many others thought to be entirely inappropriate medicine to my daughter, who did not want to take the medicine." It's unclear if this is the same doctor that put the singer on lithium, something she claimed during her shocking June 23 hearing.

When speaking about the singer's widely publicized stay in a treatment facility in 2019, her mother says in the filing that she was forced, "she did not want to enter where she was threatened with punishment if she did not stay for medical treatment that she did not want to endure."

And maybe someone could explain who this is?

The petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court by lawyer Mathew Rosengart seeks to oust her father as conservator and replace him with Jason Rubin, a CPA at Certified Strategies Inc. in Woodland Hills, California.

• Useful 8

It's nice that Lynne (Britney's mom) is supporting her daughter now (or rather, going against Jamie) but it'd be nicer if she wasn't doing it now just to get into Britney's good graces and not be cut off/sued when and/or if the conservatorship ends.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

And maybe someone could explain who this is?

The petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court by lawyer Mathew Rosengart seeks to oust her father as conservator and replace him with Jason Rubin, a CPA at Certified Strategies Inc. in Woodland Hills, California.

He’s a professional fiduciary with experience handling managing estate issues. Interestingly he also has forensic accounting experience which makes sense given the concerns over how Britney’s money has been spent. 

11 hours ago, Zella said:

, decided to move into a stadium to finish said album,

Said stadium is going to be needed soon for games.   So I think this is going to be interesting if they try to evict him.   I am one who thought he should be under conservatorship as well.   If you at the pantyhose on your head stage you need serious help.

For Britney, I said they need a professional consevator, not a family member.    We shall see if they move to end the conservatorship or they just want changes.   But the family needs to not be involved in running of the conservatorship so they can be ... family and supportive of Britney however it turns out.   

• Love 4

A dermatologist told my brother that bathing everyday isn't necessary (except what Ashton does, and your face, if you have oily skin) unless you get really dirty during work, for the same reason Mila stated--you wash away the natural oils in your skin.  An allergist told me the same thing.  I, personally, think people should bathe every other day, though, and go no longer than 2 days between bathing.  So, I half agree with them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

A dermatologist told my brother that bathing everyday isn't necessary (except what Ashton does, and your face, if you have oily skin) unless you get really dirty during work, for the same reason Mila stated--you wash away the natural oils in your skin.  An allergist told me the same thing.  I, personally, think people should bathe every other day, though, and go no longer than 2 days between bathing.  So, I half agree with them. 

+1

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I removed my "shocked face" reaction once I read the actual article. They're totally right - small children don't need daily washing with soap (and adults don't need soap on every inch of their skin every day). And I noticed they never really said they don't give baths unless the kids are visibly dirty. Just that they don't use soap unless they are. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

There’s also the issue of developing natural immunities from normal exposure.

I don’t really care how often they bathe their kids. Or themselves. As long as people don’t stink and don’t have visible dirt, I don’t care. The nice thing about COVID is that we no longer shake hands. I don’t have to touch other humans and it’s nice.

I’d care if they didn’t discipline their children and stated that getting hurt from dumb mistakes was lesson enough, or something truly idiotic.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

I removed my "shocked face" reaction once I read the actual article. They're totally right - small children don't need daily washing with soap (and adults don't need soap on every inch of their skin every day).

My youngest granddaughter has eczema and her doctor recommends a daily bath but no soap.  Not even the super mild kind.  They use what's decribed as a "gentle cleanser".  One thing their doctor said the whole family should be avoiding is any soap that is marketed as "anti-bacterial".

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

There’s also the issue of developing natural immunities from normal exposure.

I don’t really care how often they bathe their kids. Or themselves. As long as people don’t stink and don’t have visible dirt, I don’t care. The nice thing about COVID is that we no longer shake hands. I don’t have to touch other humans and it’s nice.

I’d care if they didn’t discipline their children and stated that getting hurt from dumb mistakes was lesson enough, or something truly idiotic.

Although I don't think they're in any way being negligent re bathing their kids re that frequency, I do have to wonder why they felt the need to share this with the world. As others have said, as long as there's no abuse or neglect involved, how grown folks raise their kids is their own business. Of course, now that the Kutcher parents have put this out, it's likely  the kids' peers will start sniffing around them (and I hope they realize that the rules will change when puberty hits their offspring). 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

If you at the pantyhose on your head stage you need serious help.

Agreed. I've not yet seen one think piece yet that says that, even on sites that usually would generate one. I wandered over to the subreddit for Kanye fans, and I never found anyone who seemed the slightest bit alarmed. Mainly just "Kanye has me in high school procrastinating energy" and "I HOPE HE ACTUALLY FINISHES THIS ALBUM SOON" posts. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I've not yet seen one think piece yet that says that, even on sites that usually would generate one. I wandered over to the subreddit for Kanye fans, and I never found anyone who seemed the slightest bit alarmed. Mainly just "Kanye has me in high school procrastinating energy" and "I HOPE HE ACTUALLY FINISHES THIS ALBUM SOON" posts. 

It's been clear to me for a while that Kanye has serious mental health problems.

Whether this is attributed, in a some way, to the serious car accident he had 20 years ago or his mother dying - I can't say.

So I don't judge him in any way anything he does.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

It's been clear to me for a while that Kanye has serious mental health problems.

Whether this is attributed, in a some way, to the serious car accident he had 20 years ago or his mother dying - I can't say.

So I don't judge him in any way anything he does.  

Yeah I've joked on some of the other threads about some of the weird stuff that happens at the public library where I work.

But on a more serious note, we see a lot of unmedicated people who are really struggling with their mental health and have sort of slipped through the cracks of society. For all of his fame and wealth, Kanye reminds me of several of our patrons in particular. So, when I see him doing stuff like this, it's not funny to me. It's just profoundly sad. 

• Love 17

If you at the pantyhose on your head stage you need serious help.

Idk how to feel about this specific thing... is he trying to partially conceal his face in photos? Compared with the Shia LaBeouf paper bag stunt, this seems less desperate for attention? When it crosses over into "fashion," I'm just wary about concluding anything because he's proven time and time again that he has horrible taste. 

11 hours ago, Dani said:

He’s a professional fiduciary with experience handling managing estate issues. Interestingly he also has forensic accounting experience which makes sense given the concerns over how Britney’s money has been spent. 

I don't understand what they're trying to do. They file papers to end the conservatorship, but then say they want this guy as the conservator. Do they want to end it or just replace Jaimie?

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Said stadium is going to be needed soon for games.   So I think this is going to be interesting if they try to evict him.   I am one who thought he should be under conservatorship as well.   If you at the pantyhose on your head stage you need serious help

He's been seen there during events, wearing the same exact outfit with the mask over his head. I'm still wondering if that's really him, or her hired someone to walk around with his head covered to troll everyone.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, GaT said:

I don't understand what they're trying to do. They file papers to end the conservatorship, but then say they want this guy as the conservator. Do they want to end it or just replace Jaimie?

From what I understand Jamie Spears is the major problem for Britney and once he is no longer in charge the thought is ending the conservatorship will be easier.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

From what I understand Jamie Spears is the major problem for Britney and once he is no longer in charge the thought is ending the conservatorship will be easier.

Also, sometimes legal proceedings are "in the alternative."

So she might be saying, "end the conservatorship, or in the alternative, if the court finds the conservatorship is warranted, change the conservator." Or it could be, "while my petition to end the conservatorship is pending, I want to change the conservator."

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

RE: Kanye West

Maybe I am outing myself as an insensitive jerk (and I consider myself very sensitive), but sometimes you can be mentally ill and an asshole at the same time.

I totally agree. Somehow people think that anyone with any kind of disability is a good person, but being in a wheelchair does not automatically make you a good guy.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, GaT said:

I totally agree. Somehow people think that anyone with any kind of disability is a good person, but being in a wheelchair does not automatically make you a good guy.

I love animals, but I have even crossed paths with jerks among that lot too. (More so with humans but just saying.) It takes all kinds.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think it's contradictory to think Kanye is an asshole but also think he desperately needs a mental health intervention. As I've said before, I'm actually not a fan of his. I don't think it makes the situation any less sad, even if he is an asshole, and I don't think finding the situation sad somehow makes him a saint without flaws. 

What I really find most exasperating about the whole thing is the way the media always handles situations like this. It's funny until something bad happens then they do the sad confused pikachu face, pretend to be really devoted to whatever mental health service cause is applicable, and ignore the fact that they enjoyed every minute of the meltdown. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
46 minutes ago, GaT said:

They haven’t filed papers to end the conservatorship. Britney has asked the judge to end it verbally but that hasn’t been requested officially. 

3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think it's contradictory to think Kanye is an asshole but also think he desperately needs a mental health intervention. As I've said before, I'm actually not a fan of his. I don't think it makes the situation any less sad, even if he is an asshole, and I don't think finding the situation sad somehow makes him a saint without flaws. 

This is how I feel. Mental illness is awful and I have a lot of sympathy for those who suffer from it but that also doesn’t give people a free pass from the consequences of there actions.

55 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Maybe I am outing myself as an insensitive jerk (and I consider myself very sensitive), but sometimes you can be mentally ill and an asshole at the same time.

Nope.  I agree.  And I say this as a fan of Kanye's music... note I say MUSIC not KANYE.  I legit think he is a clever lyricist and has a fabulous instinct for music. 

But he himself is a mess.  Some it can be attributed to his mental illness and how that was probably exacerbated by his mother's untimely death and unresolved guilt since it was his wealth that enabled their move from Chicago to LA and the ability to fund the surgery than contributed to her death.  But a lot can also just be personality. 

I don't know if he is a really an asshole or not or just comes off that way because he doesn't process social cues well.  But  overall I find him just a sad person who is a tragedy waiting to happen because his harm is mostly to himself.  Even to the extent of either surrounding himself with 'Yes' people who will say anything to keep the money flowing or refusing to listen to people who genuinely want to help him.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

Idk how to feel about this specific thing... is he trying to partially conceal his face in photos? Compared with the Shia LaBeouf paper bag stunt, this seems less desperate for attention? When it crosses over into "fashion," I'm just wary about concluding anything because he's proven time and time again that he has horrible taste. 

Maybe I'm really cynical but the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture was that he was involved with the Kardasians so it's probably a publicity stunt to get people and the press talking about him for his new album.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, xfuse said:

it's probably a publicity stunt to get people and the press talking about him for his new album.

Let’s hope he doesn’t try to call Taylor Swift again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 7/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, LexieLily said:

Britney's new lawyer officially filed the documents to remove Jamie Spears from the conservatorship. And if Jamie Spears decides to fight the removal he'll have to pay his own attorney fees - no (more) dipping into Britney's money.

Is this an allegation and request or ruling?  Is there a link?  

(edited)
On 7/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, LexieLily said:

Britney's new lawyer officially filed the documents to remove Jamie Spears from the conservatorship. And if Jamie Spears decides to fight the removal he'll have to pay his own attorney fees - no (more) dipping into Britney's money.

Oh, I couldn’t open your link, but I think I see what you mean now.  Brittney requests that her dad pay out of his own pocket, if he fights removal, not that it’s been ruled on yet.  It’s just in the petition. Got it.   😉

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

As I mentioned before, I'm not surprised that Bill Murray can be a POS. And I'm also not surprised that he was the instigator of this while it was reported as her physically assaulting him.

Really? Tiny Lucy Liu physically assaulting Bill Murray? I never understood how that rumor had any legs at all. But then, it IS always the women who are the difficult ones.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

Per the Hollywood Reporter, Timothy Hutton has officially been cleared by law enforcement of the criminal complaint filed against him. The Canadian authorities scrutinized the matter and found a glaring lack of support and proof of (the accuser’s) claim. The case is now closed.

Everything I read about this pinged my "not believable meter".  Not every accuser is a victim. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I hope he’s okay!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I know.  It seems concerning to me that there has been no update from his publicist, management or other representation.  Hope it’s nothing more than a mild flu or heat exhaustion or something recoverable.

• Love 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

It seems concerning to me that there has been no update from his publicist, management or other representation.

I noted that, too, and found it ominous. :( I don't recall offhand any celebrity hospitalization update that just says the person is still under medical care without noting whether they were critical, stable, etc.

I hope they're just giving him some privacy rather than something more dire. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, supposebly said:

Really? Tiny Lucy Liu physically assaulting Bill Murray? I never understood how that rumor had any legs at all. But then, it IS always the women who are the difficult ones.

I'm not really saying anything about this specific case, but yes, tiny women can assault bigger men.  Especially (doubtful in this case) if the man is a gentleman and won't hit back and the woman knows this.  Or if there is an age discrepancy.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm not really saying anything about this specific case, but yes, tiny women can assault bigger men.

I don't doubt that. I'm just saying it is rather unlikely in this case.