Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

I'm surprised by this but have no idea why.  Other than reasons in the late 80's/90's, Bill Gates never really stayed on my radar nor did his wife.  Now that ugly house they once built and might even still live in?  That I remember.  

As a couple they've been HUGE in the news, especially in the past decade or so as their charitable foundation has given away huge amounts of money, and championed certain causes.  They're close to the top of the enemies list for people who rail about social justice type issues too. 

They don't resonate much in pop culture, I suppose, but news outlets on both sides of the political spectrum feature them a ton. 

And I do mean both of them. Melinda arguably was the face of that charitable giving as much as Bill. They almost always jointly interviewed about it. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

As a couple they've been HUGE in the news, especially in the past decade or so as their charitable foundation has given away huge amounts of money, and championed certain causes.  They're close to the top of the enemies list for people who rail about social justice type issues too. 

They don't resonate much in pop culture, I suppose, but news outlets on both sides of the political spectrum feature them a ton. 

And I do mean both of them. Melinda arguably was the face of that charitable giving as much as Bill. They almost always jointly interviewed about it. 

It has nothing to do with their foundation or pop culture.   Let's just say I paid enough attention to Bill Gates in the late 80's/90's that Word Perfect and I remember.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 5
On 4/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, LexieLily said:

I don't know much about the ins and outs of this conservatorship but why hasn't she spoken directly in court before? Has she not been allowed to? Just from what I've read in the headlines Britney has taken issue with Jamie being the one in charge for years. 

On 4/29/2021 at 11:07 PM, Dani said:

Most of the time people have lawyers speak on their behalf. It’s too easy for it to backfire. 

Also, I’ve seen speculation that Britney agreed to the conservatorship initially so that she could have visitation with her kids and eventually regain partial custody. Now that she’s more stable and the kids are older she’s trying to take back control. 

I follow the makeup artist Billy B. I’ve followed him for years even before all the Britney stuff. He’s friends with her and he’s unhappy with the way she’s been treated by her dad so he’s advocating heavily for her on his social media and in interviews even if it damages his own career. He says that her dad stepped up and did a good thing at first, but now the power has sort of gone go his head and he wants to keep control of her money forever. Britney has been controlled by the attorneys he hired for years, but she now has her own advocating for her. She’s basically held prisoner in her own home. They begrudgingly allow her boyfriend to be there, but they control her access to her phone and social media. Britney is allowed to make videos, but any captions are strictly crafted by this awful lady who is the social media manager working for her dad. This also goes for any statement released to TMZ or the like. The SM Manager will not post things as they are made. She picks and chooses what to post based on the image her dad’s team wants to convey at the time. They want her to be seen as mentally incompetent. She gets visitation with her kids and gets to travel to Hawaii occasionally, but she has to get permission to do all of that. She is not asking for the conservatorship to be completely dissolved. She is just asking that control be turned over to another business manager that she has chosen. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

@Angeleyes,

Why am I not the LEAST surprised by the above claims re Miss Spears (and, if true, a hearty BOO to Perez Hilton for doing nothing but being Mr. Spears's house organ instead of actually using his skills to investigate what may be really going on with Miss Spears besides what Mr. Spears's team has spun).?

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 6

@Blergh Perez and others definitely have been part of the problem. The easiest story that could have been unearthed is why Britney is no longer performing in Vegas. Her dad was fine with things as long as she remained an obedient performer. She was doing her Vegas show and even did X-Factor and various things. When Britney decided to protest by no longer performing (generating more money for her dad) he got mad and began to limit her activities and creating more negative press about her in an attempt to make her change her mind. Now it’s about maintaining that control. 

• Love 11

My first reaction to the Bill and Melinda news:   Prenup or the lawyers going to get rich?

A friend who also does family law says "nah, they will each take a bit and give the rest to the foundation, they've been doing that for a while."    I said maybe that's the reason for the divorce, one of them isn't as on board of giving it all away to the foundation as the other one?

Time will tell.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

My first reaction to the Bill and Melinda news:   Prenup or the lawyers going to get rich?

A friend who also does family law says "nah, they will each take a bit and give the rest to the foundation, they've been doing that for a while."    I said maybe that's the reason for the divorce, one of them isn't as on board of giving it all away to the foundation as the other one?

Time will tell.

I'm betting that they both couldn't fit in the same room.  The J-Rod of academia if you will.

• Love 5

I’m wondering if Bill and Melinda are another case of a couple breaking up because of the pandemic. They both probably traveled extensively for their foundation and other commitments. Suddenly they had to spend every waking moment together. I saw some previous interviews where she said that it was difficult because neither of them are good at cooking so that had to make the situation more stressful. Plus, they are now facing being empty nesters and that’s a time when a lot of couples start to reevaluate their relationship. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m wondering if Bill and Melinda are another case of a couple breaking up because of the pandemic. They both probably traveled extensively for their foundation and other commitments. Suddenly they had to spend every waking moment together. I saw some previous interviews where she said that it was difficult because neither of them are good at cooking so that had to make the situation more stressful. Plus, they are now facing being empty nesters and that’s a time when a lot of couples start to reevaluate their relationship. 

I'm sorry, but the bolded part made me laugh.  Like they couldn't afford takeout.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sorry, but the bolded part made me laugh.  Like they couldn't afford takeout.

I’m sure they normally have help or eat out, but everyone’s options were more limited at the beginning of the pandemic when everyone was staying at home. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

She is just asking that control be turned over to another business manager that she has chosen. 

She is not competent to make decisions but she wants to make the decision of who should make decisions for her. 

To me it sounds like she wants a yes man for herself. Someone who will let her do whatever she wants.

She also posts things like workout videos or her dancing all the time. If I didn't know how old she was I would have guess she was a teenager the way she acts. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m sure they normally have help or eat out, but everyone’s options were more limited at the beginning of the pandemic when everyone was staying at home. 

Yes, everyone was staying at home but there were still ways to get food, and people did to takeout in the beginning, especially in larger cities like where they live.  It's not like they were starving because they couldn't cook.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I saw some previous interviews where she said that it was difficult because neither of them are good at cooking so that had to make the situation more stressful.

I always assume the very rich have cooks and housekeepers and an upstairs maid and a valet!!  Guess I watch too much British TV!

• Love 10
(edited)
41 minutes ago, xfuse said:

She is not competent to make decisions but she wants to make the decision of who should make decisions for her. 

To me it sounds like she wants a yes man for herself. Someone who will let her do whatever she wants.

She also posts things like workout videos or her dancing all the time. If I didn't know how old she was I would have guess she was a teenager the way she acts. 

I thought Britney just posted about how she does make her own comments and says she doesn’t speak with Billy B.   
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/britney-spears-bbc-documentary-instagram_uk_6090f486e4b05af50dc7352e

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, everyone was staying at home but there were still ways to get food, and people did to takeout in the beginning, especially in larger cities like where they live.  It's not like they were starving because they couldn't cook.  

I’m sure going out is always a bigger deal for them because it attracts more attention. She didn’t say they were starving, it was just a short clip where she said they had been trying their hand at cooking and neither of them were good at it. My point in the original post is that everyone’s routines were upended last year and that caused stress for everyone even them. Maybe this all had been building for a while, but staying at home together just made them decide they were better off as business partners. It happens. 

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I though Britney just posted about how she does make her own comments and says she doesn’t speak with Billy B.   
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/britney-spears-bbc-documentary-instagram_uk_6090f486e4b05af50dc7352e

No. Any statements released to the press or on social media are by her dad’s team. If you don’t see her on video saying it then it’s not her words. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, xfuse said:

Most stars need a business manager, especially when you are dealing with record royalties and investments. I think she wants someone to deal with that part of things and that’s fine. She may eventually want to transition out of the conservatorship all together, but she probably knows she’ll have to do it in stages because of her mental health treatment and because of the steps she’ll need to show to regain custody of her kids. At this point she just wants more freedom. She makes the videos because that’s literally all she’s allowed to do and because it allows her to interact with her fans in some way. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, xfuse said:

That’s not accurate. The person Britney is asking to be made conservator permanently is who the court appointed to the position while her father was having health issues. It’s not someone Britney handpicked but a third party with experience handling these types of things. 

37 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

She didn’t say they were starving, it was just a short clip where she said they had been trying their hand at cooking and neither of them were good at it.

Yeah, my guess is, with lockdown, not being able to travel as much, they did what most of us did and tried taking up new hobbies, cooking being one of them, and it didn't go well. I think the lockdown gave them time to really evaluate their relationship without being distracted by a million (or would it be billion for them?) things and they decided to part before thing turned ugly between them. 

• Love 9
On 4/30/2021 at 7:09 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

In lighter news, apparently Bennifer is revived?

I am happy the Primetimer put in additional emojis to react to a post. (However, the last update destroyed that, since everything has a bell, not matter the response (a like, a quote…).

That being said, I still need the vomit emoji …..

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, MissAlmond said:

I'm surprised by this but have no idea why.  Other than reasons in the late 80's/90's, Bill Gates never really stayed on my radar nor did his wife.  Now that ugly house they once built and might even still live in?  That I remember.  

The are totally on my radar because I am stuck between two waste removal services that have a monopoly on my area.  One they have a major ownership stake in.  The other is their charitable foundation has a major stake in.  Both suck. Both worse than suck given that I got annoyed enough with both to lookup their ownership.  And fair or not, it makes me doubt their motives. 

• Love 3
On 5/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, MissAlmond said:

It has nothing to do with their foundation or pop culture.   Let's just say I paid enough attention to Bill Gates in the late 80's/90's that Word Perfect and I remember.

I really missed Word Perfect. 

• Love 13

Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein. Maybe Melinda is getting out before Ghislaine Maxwell appears in court and is forced to tell her sordid secrets?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9552613/Melinda-Gates-warned-Bill-association-Jeffrey-Epstein.html

Or perhaps Melinda realized that Bill’s plan to shade the Earth from the Sun will end up in a Snowpiercer scenario and wants no part of it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/bill-gates-wants-to-cover-the-sun-to-help-counter-global-warming/ar-BB1d0wCO

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4

There's a Guardian article out with the headline about Gwyneth Paltrow saying she was at a low point during the pandemic "Eating bread every night". The actual quote in the article is she was drinking two cocktails every night AND Any other celebrity they would have only mentioned the drinking in the headline but bread makes her look more like her typical Goop foolishness and an object of ridicule online.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

There's a Guardian article out with the headline about Gwyneth Paltrow saying she was at a low point during the pandemic "Eating bread every night". The actual quote in the article is she was drinking two cocktails every night AND Any other celebrity they would have only mentioned the drinking in the headline but bread makes her look more like her typical Goop foolishness and an object of ridicule online.

That reminds me of the Gilmore Girl episode when Emily tells Richard she's going to Europe and going to have two glasses of wine at lunch every day and Richard tells her only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch?

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Bennifer is officially back. 

I so want to trademark friends with Bennifits.

It won't last. I'm sorry, but once you've been in as many broken relationships as Jennifer Lopez, it's pretty safe to assume that it's you who is doing something wrong, Since she seems to jump into a new relationship as soon as the old one ends, there's no reason to think this one is going to last longer than the others, even if it's the second time around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

*le sigh* J Lo girl, I don't even like you that much (mostly indifferent) but girl, love yourself.

Snaps to your whole post, but I had to laugh at this.  I feel the same way (well actually I don't like J.Lo so will mostly ignore ) but damn girl.  You broke up with your man a nanosecond ago and already "the chemistry is real" with this one?  It is not hard to choose yourself for a minute. And if the chemistry is real, let it simmer quietly before bleating it out to the press via "sources close" to you.  Jeez. 

Also Ben is a cheater too and sat back quiet while his friends (including BFF Matt Damon) threw mad shade on her. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Bennifer is officially back. 

I so want to trademark friends with Bennifits.

I’m not surprised she’s on to a new man two seconds after A-rod. She did admit years ago she didn’t like being alone. Hence the revolving door of men, but to circle back to Ben seems to be desperate even for a serial dater/ wifey like her. 

He is still a mess and not even  suitable as a FWB. SMH. Perhaps it’s time she stop jumping from man to man and figure out why she is unable to be on her own for a while after a relationship ends. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, GaT said:

It won't last. I'm sorry, but once you've been in as many broken relationships as Jennifer Lopez, it's pretty safe to assume that it's you who is doing something wrong, Since she seems to jump into a new relationship as soon as the old one ends, there's no reason to think this one is going to last longer than the others, even if it's the second time around.

Certainly this statement applies to Ben as well.  

• Love 22
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Do you all think Jennifer's ever truly been in love with someone or is she only in love with being a couple? 

I remember after her second divorce saying I think she is going to be my generation's Elizabeth Taylor.  J Lo has been married and divorced three times and had two engagements that didn't make it to the altar.  Whatever happened to dating? 

• Love 9