Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

And while it was sad, it wasn't that surprising based on some of his weird appearances on Late Night With Seth Meyers just before he went into rehab.

Yes. I watched what I think was his last one right before he went to rehab, and I don't know if he was drunk or high, but he clearly did not seem sober. I'm not a huge fan that has seen everything he's done, but I do like Mulaney and have watched some of his other stuff. The difference was striking. It was really sad to see him that way. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’d prefer a motion picture

A book. A movie.  A TV miniseries.  Throw in a HBO and Netflix documentary and we're good to go.  The downfall of Jerry "I Like to Watch" Falwell Jr is that wild.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes. I watched what I think was his last one right before he went to rehab, and I don't know if he was drunk or high, but he clearly did not seem sober. I'm not a huge fan that has seen everything he's done, but I do like Mulaney and have watched some of his other stuff. The difference was striking. It was really sad to see him that way. 

As someone who has been a fan, I legit that that excruciatingly unfunny was something that he and Seth had done in the SNL writers room, ala the excruciatingly unfunny bits he and Fred have been doing for literally  years on Late Night that make both of them laugh and I Ffwd through.

Anyway the above article is months old. I hope he, his wife, and Petunia are currently thriving!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

As someone who has been a fan, I legit that that excruciatingly unfunny was something that he and Seth had done in the SNL writers room, ala the excruciatingly unfunny bits he and Fred have been doing for literally  years on Late Night that make both of them laugh and I Ffwd through.

Anyway the above article is months old. I hope he, his wife, and Petunia are currently thriving!

It wasn't so much that it wasn't funny as the fact he actually seemed to be slurring his words. I come from a family with its fair share of alcoholics, and everything about his mannerisms seemed like someone under the influence to me. 

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

ala the excruciatingly unfunny bits he and Fred have been doing for literally  years on Late Night that make both of them laugh and I Ffwd through.

I think the difference for me was that those bits are very much in line with Fred's comedic style.  I don't quite see what other people, like Seth, see in that style.  I rarely laugh at Armisen but it's very him. 

However, John's public comedy persona is normally smart, structured and polished. That's why his last appearance, which was rambly, weird and unfocused, stood out. 

Oh...and the constant use of sunglasses. The first time he did it?  Sure.  And that overall segment was better.  But a second time? 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You have to wonder if Sharon's fall from grace had anything to do with this. After all, she's pretty much Kelly's meal ticket.

To be fair, that family trades off being the meal ticket. Kelly spent years working for E! while her mother didn't do much.  They all had early years where they coasted off Ozzy, and now he does very little. There's plenty wrong with that family, but their one probable good quality is that they willingly play as a team. Perhaps that could be cast negatively as co-dependence, like between Kelly's former Co-host Joan Rivers and HER daughter, but it's arguable both ways with the Osbournes. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

However, John's public comedy persona is normally smart, structured and polished.

Yes he is usually very articulate, and there's something about him that almost reminds me of something out of a 40s movie. LOL It was very out of character for him. I also thought that Seth looked alarmed. 

• Love 3

Someone really needs to get this lady some help.  It’s pretty clear that she needs something......attention, counseling, help, etc.   She is getting progressively desperate with her public postings.  This time she claims her 7 yr old daughter had her mind separate from her body, when she stapled her finger.  It’s gotten beyond comical:(  I would be alarmed with her influencing the children.  If you recall, she recently was delighted to showcase her double breastfeeding.  

https://people.com/parents/hilaria-baldwin-daughter-carmen-staple-finger-removed-accident/

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone really needs to get this lady some help.  It’s pretty clear that she needs something......attention, counseling, help, etc.   She is getting progressively desperate with her public postings.  This time she claims her 7 yr old daughter had her mind separate from her body, when she stapled her finger.  It’s gotten beyond comical:(  I would be alarmed with her influencing the children.  If you recall, she recently was delighted to showcase her double breastfeeding.  

https://people.com/parents/hilaria-baldwin-daughter-carmen-staple-finger-removed-accident/

I'm not sure if it's click bait or if I'm just and idiot (those aren't mutually exclusive), but I read that link as her having her finger removed because she had stapled it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I read it the same way.   Could be just how the link worked out, could be clickbait.  

Yeah, I think the tiny object removed was the stapler.  I’m going out on a limb......I don’t believe the story. From someone who has worked with staplers for many years....it makes no sense.   But, assuming it’s true, she still needs help, imo.  

• Love 2

Hm, I read it as she accidentally got a staple in her finger and a doctor had to remove the staple (maybe it broke apart?).  No big deal; I thought her mind being separated from her body was too melodramatic.  That was the clickbait part I side-eye, but Hilaria seems like someone who thrives on the chaos and drama.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Hm, I read it as she accidentally got a staple in her finger and a doctor had to remove the staple (maybe it broke apart?).  No big deal; I thought her mind being separated from her body was too melodramatic.  That was the clickbait part I side-eye, but Hilaria seems like someone who thrives on the chaos and drama.

Her kin and,to a degree, her peers have to be part of this but no one else does. IOW, quit feeding the drama llama! 

• Love 4

Chadwick Boseman's family defends Anthony Hopkins

The tragedy is not the loss of a post-humous Oscar but all the work he didn't get a chance to do on screen and off. (Not to discount his earlier roles but Black Panther was surely going to boost his profile as an actor and allow him to get better roles and get interesting projects greenlit.) Heath Ledger's movies aren't beloved just because he got that Oscar stamp of approval.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I really hate that the Oscars organizers and others put the family in this position.  If they would have stuck to the normal format, there would never have been outrage directed at Anthony, an actor who apparently gave a hell of a performance.  

Bingo. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

And I have yet to see an apology issued from Stephen Soderberg or the Academy for their actions.  

One issued to Boseman's family for exploiting his death shamelessly, and a separate apology to Hopkins for putting him in an impossible, unjustified situation.  And maybe a third to the general public for being the failed targets of that backfiring manipulation. 

Then the actual decision maker should quit show business forever, out of shame. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, BetterButter said:

I remember watching a joint interview with them that was filmed about the play they met on. At the time they were just officially costars, but they were so flirtatious with each other in the interview that I remember thinking at the time, "There is no way in hell they are not banging each other. And if they're not, they should be." LOL

I felt so vindicated last year when I found out they actually were dating, and I feel revindicated again at this news. 😂

In all seriousness, though, I really like both her and Oakes, and congrats to them. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Congrats to them. I'm amused by the way the article says the news was revealed on 'friend' Esther Rantzen's podcast. While it is certainly possible that 39yo Dormer and 80yo Rantzen are friends, I think it is far more likely that Dormer was simply doing a guest spot on Rantzen's podcast, in the way that actors do as a way of keeping themselves out there. Rantzen isn't some random person whose podcast an actor might grace as a favour to a friend - she is a hugely respected journalist and broadcaster with a long career behind her, she regularly has showbiz guests on her podcast just as a matter of course. They aren't all 'friends'. It is a professional gig.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Willow Smith - no one really cares about your sexless polyamory (or whatever it is) except you.

Where does the sexless part come from?  In response to her grandma's misconception that polyamory was just centered around sex, she said among her friends, she's the only one who's polyamorous, and she has the least sex out of all of them. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, praeceptrix said:

I don't know much about the ins and outs of this conservatorship but why hasn't she spoken directly in court before? Has she not been allowed to? Just from what I've read in the headlines Britney has taken issue with Jamie being the one in charge for years. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Where does the sexless part come from?  In response to her grandma's misconception that polyamory was just centered around sex, she said among her friends, she's the only one who's polyamorous, and she has the least sex out of all of them. 

The article I glanced at on my way to read something else didn't explain it very well, I think, and I didn't stop to read it because I don't really care.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

The article I glanced at on my way to read something else didn't explain it very well, I think, and I didn't stop to read it because I don't really care.

I'm trying to think offhand of any adult child of a celebrity that I am remotely interested in - if their only claim to fame is being the child of a celebrity.   

• Love 11
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

See, my main concern isn't about the sexuality issue.  My issue is that my feelings about the entire Smith family range from not caring, up to annoyance. They're horrible manifestations of dim, dumb, worthless, annoying celebrity. Even the few things in Will's distant past that appealed to me are way in rear mirror, and Jada and the kids, collectively, have never done anything that I didn't want to roll my eyes at. If there's some legit sexuality/identity issue one of them is discussing, I'm hampered caring about it because of a predisposition to not wanting to hear anything from that family. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

People rarely look their best in a mug shot but that is one weird smirky smile.  

Josh is known as "Smuggar" by some people who follow the Duggar shenanigans.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I find it interesting that Josh got nailed by Homeland Security, and is held without bail.    That sounds rather serious.    I can't wait for the leaks about the case to hit the rumor mill. 

So we all nailed it, the good Samaritan who returned the dogs, was involved.   I'm just surprised it took this long to get the investigation done, and the arrest. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

People rarely look their best in a mug shot but that is one weird smirky smile.  

There's a reason he's known as Smuggar. 😁

2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It’s a smugshot (I can’t take credit for that).

That was me! 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I find it interesting that Josh got nailed by Homeland Security, and is held without bail.    That sounds rather serious.    I can't wait for the leaks about the case to hit the rumor mill. 

So we all nailed it, the good Samaritan who returned the dogs, was involved.   I'm just surprised it took this long to get the investigation done, and the arrest. 

He has a court date scheduled tomorrow morning, so we should find out then exactly what he is charged with. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know much about the ins and outs of this conservatorship but why hasn't she spoken directly in court before? Has she not been allowed to? Just from what I've read in the headlines Britney has taken issue with Jamie being the one in charge for years. 

Most of the time people have lawyers speak on their behalf. It’s too easy for it to backfire. 

Also, I’ve seen speculation that Britney agreed to the conservatorship initially so that she could have visitation with her kids and eventually regain partial custody. Now that she’s more stable and the kids are older she’s trying to take back control. 

4 hours ago, Quof said:

I’m always a little surprised at just how stupid criminals can be. 

2 minutes ago, Dani said:

Also, I’ve seen speculation that Britney agreed to the conservatorship initially so that she could have visitation with her kids and eventually regain partial custody. Now that she’s more stable and the kids are older she’s trying to take back control. 

Isn't the custody 70/30 in favor of Kevin Federline? Is the restraining order the kids have against Britney's dad still intact? 

• Love 2

TMZ has a story on Josh Duggar's arrest with a little more information

back in November 2019, Homeland Security agents were crawling around the car dealership where Duggar works in Arkansas, raiding his office in connection to a federal probe.

So it sounds like he's been part of a federal investigation for a while.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, GaT said:

The car lot was subsequently closed, and Josh has not had gainful employment since. All family LLCs are in his wife's name. It's as if he doesn't exist. I'm very interested in what the Feds got on him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, GaT said:

And there's no telling how long the investigation was ongoing before it got to the Duggar raid. 

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The car lot was subsequently closed, and Josh has not had gainful employment since. All family LLCs are in his wife's name. It's as if he doesn't exist. I'm very interested in what the Feds got on him.

Property too! I don't know if they still have land, but the last time I was poking around in those records (early 2020), Anna had at least one house in her name, and he did not. 

Edit: Actually I just checked my notes, and it is more interesting than what I remembered off the top of my head. The property was in an LLC registered to Anna, and the transfer to that LLC occurred in summer 2019.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7