Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

He announced that he was leaving the family, not the marriage, and it was effective next week. It's not a job where you give notice. Everything about how he handled it is really messed up. And when someone says leaving the family, I assume that also means he's abandoning the kids. Also, it looks like he may have gone in and deleted her tweet off of her account which, if true, is controlling in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

I took it to mean that he is moving out of the family home next week, maybe into a rental with a Feb. 1st lease begin date. The wife sounds pretty bitter and we don't know any details so who knows how accurate her version is. Season 3 of Harrow starts airing in February and season 4 will probably start production soon, so it could be that his new abode is in Australia since he spends 6 months of the year there anyway for work.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Quof said:

That's her version of events.  Doubt it's the reality. And who said he deleted the tweet? 

She tweeted that he deleted the tweet. That tweet is gone now too. I don't love the Daily Mail as a source but they have screengrabs of the tweets.

Whatever is going on in their marriage is not good and I feel for those kids.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, vibeology said:

He announced that he was leaving the family, not the marriage, and it was effective next week.

I think sometimes women hear "he's leaving our family" when their husband leaves them.    Sometimes that's more or less what ends up happening  but other times some women have a tough time differentiating the two.

But if he really did delete the tweet?  That's an asshole move.  She has every right to announce that he's choosing to leave as soon as he tells her.

• Love 3

How can he delete her tweets unless he has the password?   Which simple solution -- Change. The. Password.

You would be amazed how many times I have to tell clients this.   Along with unfriending their spouse on Facebook.    They literally don't want to change a thing and then complain how they are "reading my email" and "saying mean things about me on Facebook."  

As for Ghislaine Maxwell and her jury pool.   Honey, you are entitled to a jury  of your peers.   which is your case would be spoiled rich white girls who hang out with older rich white guys because they have daddy issues.  

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think sometimes women hear "he's leaving our family" when their husband leaves them.    Sometimes that's more or less what ends up happening  but other times some women have a tough time differentiating the two.

Essentially though he is leaving the family.  Whatever the reasons when a couple with kids split up the family unit they created together is over.  Doesn't have to be a bad thing - staying in a bad marriage is way worse - but to say "I didn't leave my family I just left my spouse" isn't really true.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Essentially though he is leaving the family.  Whatever the reasons when a couple with kids split up the family unit they created together is over.  Doesn't have to be a bad thing - staying in a bad marriage is way worse - but to say "I didn't leave my family I just left my spouse" isn't really true.

As a child of divorce, this is not true. It can be true but it doesn’t have to be. My parents split up but neither of them left me or my brother. Our family didn’t end with the divorce it evolved. 

1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Right!  I am so happy she is getting work and her career is reviving from the BTS shit with Fox and Sleepy Hollow.  She was just nominated for an Independent Spirit award for Miss Juneteenth.  Also this looks good.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Dani said:

Why is this eye roll worthy? He was telling his kids not to brag their mommy is Anna while they were involved in a community production of Frozen. 

Probably because they have access to social media. Everybody was going to find out sooner or later. It's not like it was a kept secret. Now, had it been the old days of Hollywood....maybe. With all this technology, not really.

1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Probably because they have access to social media. Everybody was going to find out sooner or later. It's not like it was a kept secret. Now, had it been the old days of Hollywood....maybe. With all this technology, not really.

Well yes sooner or later but not necessarily during the small rehearsal window for a children’s performance of 7 and 5 year olds. Also, his point was they shouldn’t brag about this not that no one could know or find out.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Dax Shepard asked his kids not to tell friends that their mom was in Frozen

But isn't that what the Internet is for....silly.🙄

Seriously, I don’t pay much attention to celebrities or their relationships, but what is bad about Frozen? That makes zero sense, it is about female empowerment and acknowledging and learning from life and how it makes it who you are. I would be proud if a family member was a cast member in Frozen. I would also be proud if one one of my family members (including myself) could actually sing on tune. So maybe, just maybe, I have low bar.

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Seriously, I don’t pay much attention to celebrities or their relationships, but what is bad about Frozen? That makes zero sense, it is about female empowerment and acknowledging and learning from life and how it makes it who you are. I would be proud if a family member was a cast member in Frozen. I would also be proud if one one of my family members (including myself) could actually sing on tune. So maybe, just maybe, I have low bar.

It sounds like it was about trying to keep the girls equal with their cast mates.  Saying their mom starred in the original Frozen might come across as them appearing to know more or be more authoritative about the show instead of everyone coming in with the same knowledge/fan level to create their version of the show.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, janie jones said:

It sounds more like "don't volunteer this information," than "take this secret to your grave."

Exactly. While some of the children and their parents no doubt know who their mother is, it would be bad form for the Shepard girls to keep bringing it up. No one likes obnoxious braggarts. The girls will have a better experience with the youth theater if they make the effort to blend in and refrain from chatter about their famous mother.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

She is supposed to be judged by a jury of her peers.  A grand jury made up of white people sounds like that fits the bill.

• Love 2

So weird. I was just watching an episode of BKR that mentioned Scenes From a Marriage. I don't know why you'd adapt it but since it was apparently a great acting showcase for Liv Ullman, I hope this will be a great opportunity for Nicole.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Olivia Jade comeback attempt? First Red Table Talk and now back on youtube. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked or some people were just curious. The worst people can maintain a decent fanbase even after a fall from grace. 

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2021/01/10273821/olivia-jade-returns-to-youtube-vlog

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

So weird. I was just watching an episode of BKR that mentioned Scenes From a Marriage. I don't know why you'd adapt it but since it was apparently a great acting showcase for Liv Ullman, I hope this will be a great opportunity for Nicole.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Olivia Jade comeback attempt? First Red Table Talk and now back on youtube. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked or some people were just curious. The worst people can maintain a decent fanbase even after a fall from grace. 

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2021/01/10273821/olivia-jade-returns-to-youtube-vlog

Others can rally around Miss Giannulli but I have no interest in her whatsover so I'll skip that altogether.

As long as I've got this platform, while I admit I'm no fan of Jojo Siwa, I'm not entirely jumping on the bandwagon to celebrate her sexuality.Why? It's because I don't think it's appropriate for ANYone under legal age to have put out or themselves put out who or what their hearts desire (and I think it was a fail for her parents to have greenlit her doing so). It's tough enough at ANY  age to deal with flak from haters,stalkers, kooks and cranks re one's sexuality even on a small scale re one's own circles of known peers but having to do so  when one's a minor - especially on a global scale seems a bit much and I can't help but think that Miss Siwa will look back at this and consider that she may have bitten off more than she could have reasonably chewed as a legal minor.

• Love 4

I get what you're saying but I've already seen quite a few articles that say essentially "If only there could have been someone my age when I was a kid/teen and struggling with my sexuality, it would have meant the world to me." Also, Gen Z does coming out differently.

Gen Z is more openly queer than any generation before it. One 2018 survey, from Ipsos, reported that a full third of Gen Z’ers are, in some way, not straight. As for celebrities, you could make a list of those who came out publicly in 2020 alone that’s longer than one of those who came out in the early aughts. That’s not to say there’s no backlash or anti-gay harassment. There is. And these coming-outs are celebrated within queer communities, but to a larger audience in the US, a young celebrity coming out is a blip.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

sexuality.Why? It's because I don't think it's appropriate for ANYone under legal age to have put out or themselves put out who or what their hearts desire

So teenagers aren’t allowed to date? She is 17 and will turn 18 years old in May.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

So teenagers aren’t allowed to date? She is 17 and will turn 18 years old in May.

No, that was NOT what I was saying!I just don't think it's appropriate for an underage person to either declare or have their sexuality declared on their behalf to a worldwide forum- and I don't care if it's five months or five days to her 18th birthday (or who or what her heart's desire may be ) . At this writing, she is still underage.

And, yes, she can date anyone she wants who wants to date her with both sets of parents giving the okay- as long as both she and whoever she'd be dating are the same age. Now after her 18th birthday, she'll be a legal adult and the rules change (and I hope she considers that- especially in possibly making sure she's financially independent AND can take a break from all this hype to decide what she REALLY wants to do with her life away from any parental pressures). 

• Love 2
On 1/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, Stats Queen said:

He didn't want them to get resentment from the other kids because they were jealous, or have other kids pretending to be their friend just because their mom was in frozen. He wasn't trying to hide something bad.

Edited by GaT
added a letter
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

But since Miss Siwa IS considered a legal minor in the US with whom no legal adult is supposed to have intercourse with, what good can come from her announcing her yearnings to the 'Net  compared with all the flak and risks this would add to her IMO already overburdened and fishbowl life?  IMO, had her parents truly had her best interests at heart, they'd have insisted she wait until her legal adulthood before making any announcements re sexuality whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

But since Miss Siwa IS considered a legal minor in the US with whom no legal adult is supposed to have intercourse w

Announcing that you are part of the LGBTQ+ community is not simply announcing who you are having sex with or even if you are having sex. In her home state of Nebraska the age of consent is 16.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 24
4 minutes ago, GaT said:

He didn't want them to gt resentment from the other kids because they were jealous, or have other kids pretending to be their friend just because their mom was in frozen. He wasn't trying to hide something bad.

I think it would be better if Mr. Shepard simply had a few talks with his daughters about learning to  discern true friends from users and how to avoid haters in private rather than announce that whole 'I told them you can't tell others Mommy was in Frozen if you don't  want haters and users in your life' that then got announced on a worldwide forum! 

Edited by Blergh
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Announcing that you are part of the LGBTQ+ community is not simply announcing who you are having sex with or even if you are having sex. 

Are you saying that the LGBTQ+ community couldn't have somehow still taken comfort from Miss Siwa announcing her interests in the same gender had she waited until her legal adulthood to have done so?

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Most people have stated, even now, that frequently they felt isolated and alone when coming to terms with their identity and/or orientation as youths. There is a reason LGBTQ+ youth are 5 times more likely to have attempted suicide than their straight counterparts. Representation and being able to express your entire being is one of the key steps to prevention.

So   would  her waiting  another 5 months until her legal adulthood to have done so have made a difference?  

And, let's be clear, there is a BIG difference between simply  announcing one's sexuality to one's loved ones and peers  and announcing it to a worldwide platform  so THAT is why this IMO very public deal should have waited until she was a legal adult. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Her yearnings?  She didn't post a dating ad, she simply shared an aspect of her identity.  If she'd posted a tweet indicating she was straight, there wouldn't be any concern about her "coming out" as straight before she reaches legal adulthood.

Yes, there would have been (by me) because  Miss Siwa is already way too much having a fishbowl life without this added glare over something that should be private - especially for a legal minor. 

15 hours ago, Blergh said:

So   would  her waiting  another 5 months until her legal adulthood to have done so have made a difference?  

And, let's be clear, there is a BIG difference between simply  announcing one's sexuality to one's loved ones and peers  and announcing it to a worldwide platform  so THAT is why this IMO very public deal should have waited until she was a legal adult. 

The point is that she should be able to announce it anytime and to whomever she wants. It’s a part of who she is and sharing that with however many people and whatever way she wants to is the point. Acting as if it’s something that should only be shared with a certain circle of people or on a specific timeline is what helps isolate people.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The suggestion that she should keep it a secret because “what would people say/think” just perpetuates the idea that there is something inherently wrong in not being straight. 

NO, it's the idea that there's something inherently wrong in not letting one's minor offspring have ANY kind of a private life whatsoever which I think the Siwa parents ARE guilty of! 

• Love 1