Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes To Priyanka Chopra After Awkward Dinner Exchange

Over the weekend the "A League of Their Own" actress bumped into Chopra and Nick Jonas who were enjoying dinner. She had approached the couple's table and greeted them, "So, I said, 'Hi, Nick Jonas, you were great in 'Kingdom','" Rosie recalled, she then turned to Priyanka "'Hi, I know your dad.' She goes, 'You do? Who's my dad?' And I go, 'Deepak.' She goes, 'No, and Chopra is a common name.'"

She shared the details of the encounter as she shrunk back into her seat and continued, "I felt so embarrassed. Didn't you think that Nick Jonas was married to Deepak Chopra's daughter? Am I the only one who thought that?"

Wow, no Rosie, I did not think they were father & daughter.

• Love 10

I already hated Olivia Munn before reading that article.  So I'm happy for this confirmation bias.

The rumour I've always read about her is that she's a social climber.  She was with Joel Kinnaman when she thought he was going to blow up from Robocop and when he didn't she immediately moved onto Aaron Rodgers.  Now she's with Mulaney and nobody is surprised.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Now she's with Mulaney and nobody is surprised.  

And interestingly enough (to me), most of the people I know who were Mulaney fans were pretty put off by him and Olivia hooking up. You can't build your entire comedic persona as the ultimate wife guy and then detonate it that hard and not expect some blowback. Regardless of the timeline they put forth, it's really hard to not think he dumped his wife for her in the middle of a relapse/rehab frenzy, so if she entered the relationship primarily for social climbing, well, she kind of shit where she ate. I think he'll have a hard time rebuilding that image he had. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I really hope Wendy is okay. She's only 57 and was so vivacious on her show. 

...except when she was drunk and/or high, stumbling over her words and totally blanking on subjects (more than the average person).  

The only time she seemed "vivacious" (to me) is when she skipped over to her purple chair. It was all downhill from there.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Zella said:

And interestingly enough (to me), most of the people I know who were Mulaney fans were pretty put off by him and Olivia hooking up. You can't build your entire comedic persona as the ultimate wife guy and then detonate it that hard and not expect some blowback. Regardless of the timeline they put forth, it's really hard to not think he dumped his wife for her in the middle of a relapse/rehab frenzy, so if she entered the relationship primarily for social climbing, well, she kind of shit where she ate. I think he'll have a hard time rebuilding that image he had. 

Wasn't John also very vocal about being child-free and loving it?  Then he hooks up with Olivia and she immediately gets pregnant.  I find this suspect.  I really don't like her and can see the social climbing aspect to her.  I don't think I have ever actually seen her act in anything.  I only know her due to her dating history and that time she went after the Fug Girls for daring to critique her style.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Wasn't John also very vocal about being child-free and loving it?  Then he hooks up with Olivia and she immediately gets pregnant.  I find this suspect.  

Yes that was my impression too.

And he's certainly entitled to change his mind, but doing so immediately after leaving rehab makes me think this is likely not an example of a well-reasoned decision. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

...except when she was drunk and/or high, stumbling over her words and totally blanking on subjects (more than the average person).  

The only time she seemed "vivacious" (to me) is when she skipped over to her purple chair. It was all downhill from there.

I haven't been a regular viewer in awhile and know she's had her scary moments on the show. But when I watched, she still came across very sharp. If she can't do her show anymore, that's one thing. But it is heartbreaking for someone as young as her to not be well. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, GaT said:

Over the weekend the "A League of Their Own" actress bumped into Chopra and Nick Jonas who were enjoying dinner. She had approached the couple's table and greeted them, "So, I said, 'Hi, Nick Jonas, you were great in 'Kingdom','" Rosie recalled, she then turned to Priyanka "'Hi, I know your dad.' She goes, 'You do? Who's my dad?' And I go, 'Deepak.' She goes, 'No, and Chopra is a common name.'"

The fact that she said "Who's my dad?" and not "How do you know him?" tells me that this isn't the first time people have thought this.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, janie jones said:

The fact that she said "Who's my dad?" and not "How do you know him?" tells me that this isn't the first time people have thought this.

I’m sure it isn’t because casual racism is very common. However, her dad’s been dead for nearly a decade so asked how Rosie knows him wouldn’t make sense. 

Edited by Guest
46 minutes ago, Dani said:

I’m sure it isn’t because casual racism is very common. However, her dad’s been dead for nearly a decade so asked how Rosie knows him wouldn’t make sense. 

I don't know that it necessarily has to be racism.  I have a common last name and nobody has just come up to me and said they know my dad, but I have been asked if several different people are my father.

So, she should have just asked are you related to Deepak instead of assuming.  And she obviously doesn't know him very well if she doesn't know who his children are or aren't.  So, she probably should have just said she's met him.  Or, better yet, don't disturb people you don't know while they are eating.  But, then again, I'm not a Rosie fan, so may just be looking for fault.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Or, better yet, don't disturb people you don't know while they are eating.

This should be a general standard. I feel so bad for celebrities that they get bothered by fans in their time off. I can't imagine if people were walking up to me when I'm out shopping/eating/etc and wanting to talk about work-related stuff. It shouldn't be different for people in the entertainment industry.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes that was my impression too.

And he's certainly entitled to change his mind, but doing so immediately after leaving rehab makes me think this is likely not an example of a well-reasoned decision. 

The whole thing is kinda messed up and trust me Mulaney fans get very upset if you say this on social media but uh........ it's messed up.  

• Love 9

The rumour I've always read about her is that she's a social climber.  

Idk, without rehashing it all, I can see an argument for her being attracted to "messy" men and then leaving when she can't handle it anymore. I really don't see a trend of "trading up" as it were. I'm not Team Olivia. I just sense more damage than malice, though that doesn't excuse the ways she has hurt people.

However, it is a tell-all memoir that is coming thanks to a reported $15 million book deal with Simon & Schuster. Per “Page Six,” Spears’s deal is supposedly among the “biggest of all time,” comparable to the multimillion-dollar book contracts signed by the Obamas. The book’s release date hasn’t been announced, and there aren’t many (or any) details about its contents

https://www.thecut.com/2022/02/britney-spears-new-tell-all-book.html

I'm hoping for a really good ghost writer like the Demi Moore book or the Mariah Carey book, instead of just some contract ghost writer, to shape it into something great. It would never happen but imagine Jia Tolentino or Ronan Farrow.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, aradia22 said:

https://www.thecut.com/2022/02/britney-spears-new-tell-all-book.html

I'm hoping for a really good ghost writer like the Demi Moore book or the Mariah Carey book, instead of just some contract ghost writer, to shape it into something great. It would never happen but imagine Jia Tolentino or Ronan Farrow.

I cannot imagine Simon and Shuster going with a random ghost writer with that large of an advance.  Britney is going to get the best ghost writer available.  In order for S&S to recoup that investment, then need Britney's memoir to stay on the NYT bestseller list not hit #1 and then fall off.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The whole thing is kinda messed up and trust me Mulaney fans get very upset if you say this on social media but uh........ it's messed up.  

I'm still baffled Mulaney has such devoted fans.

1 hour ago, aradia22 said:

I'm hoping for a really good ghost writer like the Demi Moore book

I read Demi's book and it was good.

53 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I cannot imagine Simon and Shuster going with a random ghost writer with that large of an advance.  Britney is going to get the best ghost writer available.  In order for S&S to recoup that investment, then need Britney's memoir to stay on the NYT bestseller list not hit #1 and then fall off.  

For that kind of an advance Britney is going to have to spill a lot of tea.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm still baffled Mulaney has such devoted fans.

I like the material of his that I've listened to--his take on SVU will never not be funny to me--but I used to see a lot of people my age (early 30s) quoting him like he was some wholesome moral philosopher and I will confess that always seemed a bit weird to me and it's aged poorly.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

In a recent Esquire interview,* Anthony Edwards said he and Mare Winningham eloped at the end of last year, just the two of them and an old friend to officiate:

“We’re too old to throw weddings,” he says.

They meet when screen testing for The Sure Thing (which neither got) and became friends when filming Miracle Mile together.  It's not noted in the article, but while he was on ER, she had a guest arc as a psycho who invented a romantic relationship with him.

*He discusses sexual abuse in that interview, so don't read if that will upset you.  There's a People article that just talks about the marriage revelation.

• Useful 3
  • Love 20

I love Britney but I really hope that the ghostwriter is paid handsomely as well. Bless their heart for having to transcribe her ramblings into something coherent and linear. I follow her on Instagram and….yeah. It’s going to be a uphill battle for sure. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Mariah's book is so good too and for the audio she sings some stuff.  (I Love her)

Yuck, that pretty much ensures I will never listen to it. I never watch Celine Dion interviews because she just starts singing things instead of speaking like a normal person. If I want to hear you sing, I'll turn on your music. If I'm listening to hear you speak about something, SPEAK, don't sing.

Edited by GaT
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I like the material of his that I've listened to--his take on SVU will never not be funny to me--but I used to see a lot of people my age (early 30s) quoting him like he was some wholesome moral philosopher and I will confess that always seemed a bit weird to me and it's aged poorly.

I love his Horse in a Hospital and Stranger Danger bits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven't been a regular viewer in awhile and know she's had her scary moments on the show. But when I watched, she still came across very sharp. If she can't do her show anymore, that's one thing. But it is heartbreaking for someone as young as her to not be well. 

I agree -- early on I enjoyed her show because although she was green in some ways, she would ask some hard questions that we all wanted the answers to; and when she goofed up, it was kind of funny, no harm done. In the last few years, though, her health and/or wellness has been an issue -- plus she had an ugly divorce from her husband, also a producer of the show -- and it has  been hard to watch her deal, or not deal, or deal poorly with all of these issues.  I do hope WW can find health and peace with the breathing room this turn of events may have provided.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

In a recent Esquire interview,* Anthony Edwards said he and Mare Winningham eloped at the end of last year, just the two of them and an old friend to officiate:

They meet when screen testing for The Sure Thing (which neither got) and became friends when filming Miracle Mile together.  It's not noted in the article, but while he was on ER, she had a guest arc as a psycho who invented a romantic relationship with him.

*He discusses sexual abuse in that interview, so don't read if that will upset you.  There's a People article that just talks about the marriage revelation.

Edwards did get a  part in The Sure Thing as John Cusack's friend who sets him up with Nicolette Sheridan; maybe he tried for the lead and didn't get it.   

He lived in CT a few years ago, but I'm guessing he's moved on.  I once went to get the mail with camera in hand (for fox, coyote, deer, etc.) and he rode by on his bike giving me the big fisheye.  I understand why, but the camera is all about the critters. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

Edwards did get a  part in The Sure Thing as John Cusack's friend who sets him up with Nicolette Sheridan; maybe he tried for the lead and didn't get it. 

Yes; from the article:

One role he did not get was Gib, the lead in the criminally overlooked Rob Reiner romantic comedy The Sure Thing. He and Mare Winningham—stick a pin in that name—screen-tested for the roles that eventually went to John Cusack and Daphne Zuniga.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

About the Olivia Munn thing: isn't EVERY celebrity a social climber, in some form?  I don't want to be annoying, but that seems like a weird thing to criticize about a famous person.

A lot of celebrities are famous because of their art or their sport, etc.  And no, I don't consider people like Robert de Niro or Kristi Yamaguchi to be social climbers.

1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It makes me angry that Britney Spears is going to get $15 million to 'write' a book, while actual authors have to fight tooth and nail for a decent advance and still have to keep day jobs.

It doesn't make me angry at all.  People want to read it and people will pay.  And she certainly deserves a nice big paycheck that hopefully her family cannot steal from her.  She also has that very expensive lawyer to pay for - the good one that finally got her free.  She also wants more children after her father put her on birth control against her will.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18

There's been nonstop gossip about Britney for so many years. It's hard to know what to believe, but I was always curious what happened to her. I don't jump to read celeb memoirs, but when it comes to Britney, I'd love a book straight from the horse's mouth. 

• Love 12

A lot of celebrities are famous because of their art or their sport, etc.  And no, I don't consider people like Robert de Niro or Kristi Yamaguchi to be social climbers.

Actually, now that you mention de Niro, I can see the argument but that's a whole conversation about wealth and class that verges off topic. Suffice it to say, I don't think social climbing is just marrying well but also about becoming one of the elites, building generational wealth, etc. 

From the People article...

The Meet the Parents actor, 56, revealed the couple got back together in an interview with Esquire that was published on Tuesday.

Their romantic relationship was rekindled after Stiller and Taylor, 50, decided it would be best if he moved back in with her and their two kids during the early days of the pandemic, as it would be the only way he'd be able to see the kids during the lockdown.

"Then, over the course of time, it evolved," he told the outlet. "We were separated and got back together and we're happy about that."

"It's been really wonderful for all of us. Unexpected, and one of the things that came out of the pandemic."

• Love 13
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

There's been nonstop gossip about Britney for so many years. It's hard to know what to believe, but I was always curious what happened to her. I don't jump to read celeb memoirs, but when it comes to Britney, I'd love a book straight from the horse's mouth. 

Well, if her sister Jamie Lynn could pen one in which she claimed to have had no part of the Conservatorship deal for the entire 13 years yet somehow managed to seem to recall every single dispute they'd ever had from early childhood and saw herself but not her sibling as a victim of their parents, why shouldn't the elder Miss Spears have her own say? Guess which of these two I believe has more credibility!

• Love 7
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It's heartbreaking for anyone of any age to not be well. Problem here is that her drug and alcohol use led to her ill health, which is something she could have taken care of if she really wanted it bad enough. Unfortunately, she decided to indulge more often than not...and lied about it to her fans.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Most of the really shitty things that happened in Britney’s life has been aired out publicly and we haven’t really heard how she really feels about all of it. I, along with many others, are really curious how she feels now about her risque photoshoots as a teen, her very public breakups, her mental health crisis in ‘07, her conservatorship. So many other people have made millions off her story. I can’t blame her for wanting to capitalize on it herself and finally give her fans her perspective on it all.  I am really excited and curious to see if a ghostwriter can translate her juvenile ramblings into something written from the perspective of the 40 year old woman that she is. I can’t wait to pre-order it. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

8 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I did not see this one coming! Hope it works out for them and that they are happy.

Yes, it’s always nice to have good news for a change.

The best part of the article was reading how much he’s grown from the experience, listening to his daughter even when she says things that are painful to hear and making sure his son wins over work.  So many other male stars seem to learn that lesson with the new family they create.  It’s nice to see these two work through it.

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The Anthony Edwards and Mare Winningham news makes me incredibly happy for some reason. 

I was going to say the same thing.  I like both of them.  She was great in St. Elmo's Fire  but I remember her in a TV movie Who is Julia about a woman who suffers a brain aneurysm or something and is pronounced brain dead and has a brain transplant from a woman who is hit by a truck.  Sounds crazy but it was actually a good movie.  Mare's character was a Plain Jane type married with kids and the donor was a rich beautiful woman.  I would love to see it again. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I was going to say the same thing.  I like both of them.  She was great in St. Elmo's Fire  but I remember her in a TV movie Who is Julia about a woman who suffers a brain aneurysm or something and is pronounced brain dead and has a brain transplant from a woman who is hit by a truck.  Sounds crazy but it was actually a good movie.  Mare's character was a Plain Jane type married with kids and the donor was a rich beautiful woman.  I would love to see it again. 

It's on YouTube.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

She was also in a movie in which she and her husband are blind and not allowed to adopt children as a result, though they were allowed to foster children with disabilities because no one else would take them.  I think it was based on a true story, and it was really good to my memory.  I have always liked her and thought she was highly underrated.  I’m happy that they are happy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
Just now, Prairie Rose said:

Same here. Did you ever see the movie Georgia? She sang in it and was fantastic!

Georgia is so underrated, I highly recommend it. Winningham played the potentially thankless role of the well-adjusted older sister with grace and realism. She's a heckuva singer, too!

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Actually, now that you mention de Niro, I can see the argument but that's a whole conversation about wealth and class that verges off topic. Suffice it to say, I don't think social climbing is just marrying well but also about becoming one of the elites, building generational wealth, etc. 

From the People article...

That could be a great plot for a romantic comedy. Exs who temporarily move back in together platonically because of an emergency and fall back in love again.  

I hope it works out for them.  

• Love 15