Type keyword(s) to search

Max: The Gray-Haired One

As a viewer of only select episodes I kept thinking, why does Nev have his boyfriend on the show doing FA?? Now I think they are not really a couple which is truly confusing me now. 

I actually think Max's grey hair makes him look SUPER handsome, although yes, the toy camera is ridiculous.  I guess that's how Nev justifies his nepotism?  He needs Max giving him his 3 cents on everything though.  Hehehehe. 

• Love 2

Next weeks appears to be a Max lead episode. I'm curious to see how that will go over. It appears to me, Nev plays the role of good cop (surprisingly breaking character a lot this season) and Max plays bad cop. 

On 12/28/2017 at 9:56 PM, auntjess said:

I think the show would be better with Max as the lead, since Nev was one of the victims himself.  
Max is more credible to me.

And cuter.  And I love that he sometimes gets pissed and tells off the catfish instead of playing Dr. Phil and saying, "How do you think this makes your victim feel?"

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 8

I heart Max so hard ???, why does he want to wreck my life? ?. As a bonus it does release me from watching this crap as I checked out of the stories long ago, I just liked looking at his hotness and being blunt with people, also enjoyed watching he and Nev mucking about together. 

Edited by Save Yourself
Spelling
  • Love 6

I'm happy with the news if it means no Season 8! :)

Either way it's the excuse I've been needing, I can just count whatever else happens as non-canon to the series since the "bromance" is over. Needing a new co-host will basically make it a spinoff.

*crosses off my series watch list*

• Love 7

I just had a horrible thought, what if the reason Laura (Nev's wife) has been on this season was so that when Max left she could take his place? 

EDITED: I ran across this on TMZ, Nev is pretending he wants Cardi B as a co-host, but then this happens

If not Cardi, Nev says he's definitely keen on getting a woman's take on the show.

Yep, I bet it's Laura

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2018 at 10:48 PM, Save Yourself said:

I heart Max so hard ???, why does he want to wreck my life? ?. As a bonus it does release me from watching this crap as I checked out of the stories long ago, I just liked looking at his hotness and being blunt with people, also enjoyed watching he and Neve mucking about together. 

Yeah, their bromance and Max's cool factor are what keep me entertained, but he seemed to be phoning it in a bit lately. And on a purely superficial note, I'm not loving the the floppy hairstyle he's been sporting.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, GaT said:

I just had a horrible thought, what if the reason Laura (Nev's wife) has been on this season was so that when Max left she could take his place? 

I'm hoping it was not so much in the spirit of trying to get her up to speed to take over, but more like an audition everyone recognizes didn't work out.

• Love 4

From this article:

Joseph explained that his departure comes as a result of trying to balance his career as both a TV host and filmmaker. After writing and directing a series of short films, Joseph released his first feature-length movie, “We Are Your Friends,” in 2015, which starred Zac Efron, Wes Bentley, and Emily Ratajkowski.

Balancing what, exactly? I doubt his phone has been ringing off the hook since WAYF was a massive flop.

I always got the vibe Max felt he was too talented to work with Nev and he's been especially and almost laughably checked out this season, so it tracks.

Nev's dream of a Nev/Mrs. Nev variety hour can finally be realized. "Oh yay, more Laura!" said no one.

47 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I'm hoping it was not so much in the spirit of trying to get her up to speed to take over, but more like an audition everyone recognizes didn't work out.

LMAO so true. But she's fucking the host, so regardless of actual talent, nepotism is going to make it hard to shake her.

• Love 6

When I saw Laura on so many times, or just along as a guest, I was like oh I bet she's going to be on full time at some point.  Max at least wants to try to do something more than this show.

Nev is probably stuck being the guy from Catfish.  He's the original Catfish victim, after all.

• Love 4
On 8/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, cooksdelight said:

Max may have tired of Mrs. Nev horning in and decided to get out while the getting is good.

Well she co-hosts in August 15th's episode again, so yeah he saw the easy out and ran (so yes not counting unaired specials, he only has one episode left)

Nev's been wanting this for awhile and Max only got in his way

I guess Laura doesn't have a real job of her own?

• Love 3

Just saw the episode last night where the catfishee was not being entirely truthful to his girlfriend about his continued communication with the catfish, which included pertinent pics. The catfished revealed the pic sending, the catfishee denied it, and Nev was trying to get him to come clean by saying, "All guys do it," when Max interrupted -- "Time out here. I don't do that."

A shining moment of decency and character on this show. Love Max and miss him, particularly this season.

• Love 7

When Max left Catfish, he said he would be back sometimes to help out. WE HAVE BEEN IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC ON LOCKDOWN - WHERE IS HE? What else is he doing right now? Isn't the time now for Max to be popping in for some episodes? I miss him.

• Love 1