Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Young Love, Old Lions and Middle-aged Hyenas

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Darlene trying to convince Harris to dump the one thing in her life that seemingly makes her happy (for the time being) was a supremely dumb move. Nobody cared about what Josh had to say about how Harris behaves around him, namely completely different from how she's at home. And he has no reason to lie about this. He would certainly have no problems getting another girlfriend in that camp if Harris were her sunny family self. Sure, the writing's on the wall that the relationship won't last forever but it was disturbing how easily the notion of a happy Harris was ignored by all. Of course Harris did not see Darlene acting as protective mother but as someone hell-bent to keep her in her bubble of misery. Why not simply be happy for her while making sure she knows she has a home where she's loved and cherished? Oh, right...

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Darlene trying to convince Harris to dump the one thing in her life that seemingly makes her happy (for the time being) was a supremely dumb move. Nobody cared about what Josh had to say about how Harris behaves around him, namely completely different from how she's at home. And he has no reason to lie about this. He would certainly have no problems getting another girlfriend in that camp if Harris were her sunny family self. Sure, the writings on the wall that the relationship won't last forever but it was disturbing how easily the notion of a happy Harris was ignored by all. Of course Harris did not see Darlene acting as protective mother but as someone hell-bent to keep her in her bubble of misery. Why not simply be happy for her while making sure she knows she has a home where she's loved and cherished? Oh, right...

Yes, I’m sure Harris saw his Instagram and all the ex girlfriends. Maybe, she is just another ride on the carousel or it could lead to something more. Both of them are young so they probably would move on from each other anyway. Also, Darlene is the last person to give relationship advice. She still has not called out David for abandoning his family and she even cheated on Ben with David. That is pretty much her whole relationship history except when she briefly dated Hyde from that 70’s show in Chicago.

• Love 5
On 1/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, LBS said:

I find that Ben, Jackie, and Dan to have the most comedic timing while Becky, Harris, and Mark are the most stilted at reading lines.

Every episode, I think to myself "Lecy was so much more natural on the original show." Not sure what happened there.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

Yes, I’m sure Harris saw his Instagram and all the ex girlfriends. Maybe, she is just another ride on the carousel or it could lead to something more. Both of them are young so they probably would move on from each other anyway.

That's why I loved Jackie reminding Darlene most people don't marry the first guy they bring home.  There was such ridiculous weight assigned to this relationship - they're two young people dating!  Even if she gets more attached than he does and he moves on to another woman when he moves on to his next cause, she'll cry a little, yell a little, and move on herself.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That's why I loved Jackie reminding Darlene most people don't marry the first guy they bring home.  There was such ridiculous weight assigned to this relationship - they're two young people dating!  Even if she gets more attached than he does and he moves on to another woman when he moves on to his next cause, she'll cry a little, yell a little, and move on herself.

Yep, it's all part of this cockeyed, crazy thing we call life. Ya pays your money, ya take your chances.

• Love 3

I can't stand the Harris character more than I couldn't stand Christie's daughter (Violet?) on the show Mom.  I didn't think that was possible, but there you have it.  

Edited by kelslamu
  • Love 4
On 1/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

It also doesn't make sense to be trawling for cushion change when the fridge is full of soda, small bottles of juice, and beer.  Even the cheapest can of no-name soda probably costs more than any change they would have found.

Don't forget the almond milk! Of course if they made smart financial decisions they probably wouldn't have the money issues they do, so that kind of works for me.

Of course it doesn't make sense that Ben is doing grocery deliveries instead of working for Dan. Even something basic like as a general labourer in exchange for rent and some cash would probably be better than what he could make doing deliveries.

• Love 5