Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Hello, Stranger

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

To paraphrase Jaws...We're gonna need a bigger bench...

On the bench, we've all been miraculously vaccinated with 2 doses but will also wear double masks, the newest chic way to mask up.

Big Erik fan here too. Despite the nerdy vibes and dad bod. We need at least a sectional. 

• Love 8

It was just plain sad to watch Virginia's behavior at her wedding and reception.  She was soooo nervous, as evidenced by the constant hair flipping, throwing her head back and laughing loudly, and, of course, the nonstop drinking. 

I've watched since the very first season, and always gave the experts the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know that some of these candidates were a-holes when they picked them.....their bad behavior didn't surface till after the marriage.  That was until last season when they picked Henry.  I felt they really did Christina a disservice as IMO they had no business selecting Henry as a compatible mate FOR ANYONE.  But that selection pales in comparison to their selection of Virginia.  

Red flags should have been hitting them in the face when, by her own admission, this 26 year old girl said she hasn't dated for 5 years!!!!!  This isn't Olivia, who at age 30 said she hadn't dated for 3 years.  So what?  This is a young girl who hasn't gone out with a man since she barely got out of high school?  You can't say it's her looks....she's absolutely adorable.  She proudly said she's a party girl and likes to drink/get drunk a lot.  Again, red flags people.  You don't have to be a psychiatrist to understand the reason. She talked about it a lot....her parents' divorces.  She comes not just from a broken home but positively condemned.  She has major issues with trust and is still in many ways a child craving stability.  So how could the experts pair her up with anyone much less Erik?

I can't see any good coming out of this.  Did they think his steadiness could be the Rock of Gibralter she needs?  Oh great, so she's going to see Erik as a Daddy figure.  That might have worked in the 1800s, but not now.  Eventually she will rebel like a child rebels against anyone in authority.  Or she's going to see him as her jailer, constantly keeping her from having fun or seeing her friends.  

Virginia doesn't need a husband right now...she needs to figure out why she behaves the way she does.  Possibly seek out counseling to help with that.  And I can't believe Dr. Pepper or Pastor Cal didn't see that.  Surely there were women more compatible with Erik than Virginia.  I see her being in love with being married, and the sex will be great, but soon the excitement will wear off, especially when he gets annoyed she's always at the bar.  

In ending, I say this to the experts........shame, shame, shame on deciding on this pairing.  Erik and Virginia are not compatible....not now, not 6 months ago when they filled out their application for the show, not when you visited their residences and looked in their underwear drawers.  And most despicable of all.....YOU KNEW THAT.   

• Love 21
15 hours ago, princelina said:

We've talked about black hair on this site a bit - let me give some insight into stringy-white-girl hair:  if you want a glam look you need to do an updo, and add a wiglet 😁

Amen sister! I am the poster child for stringy white girl hair! When my much younger sister got married she wanted all of the bridesmaids to have "beachy waves". Lord help me. An hour of a stylist taking my hair in tiny sections, applying hot styling spray and wrapping a flat iron. It looked fantastic, but my hair felt like a football helmet, and I didn't dare touch it for 10 hours. I have lamented the stick straightness this last decade as everyone else has sported these nice wavy styles, but I have recently decided to just be at peace. God gave me this straight hair, and frankly, it looks better when I just wear it like it wants to be. It's always soft, shiny and smooth, and I suppose there are worse things. I guess I'll just wait it out - stick straight hair is bound to come back in style sometime, right? 😜

15 hours ago, princelina said:

Total agree to disagree here - I find Erik charmingly awkward and he seems eager to be pleased; I think any MAFS bride would earn her money with Henry.

I find Eric nice and easy going. He seems able to socialize in a relaxed way, as well as being able to communicate. He also seems able to express himself appropriately and was very supportive and reassuring to Virginia. He was having fun with the guys at the bachelor party, even though you know he didn't approve of what Chris or Vincent were doing. He generally seems comfortable in his own skin. Basically he is nothing like Henry to me. I would have loved to see Henry confronted with someone like Virginia - can you imagine what would have happened if she was hanging on him trying to kiss him every five minutes? I seriously would have loved to see that!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Red flags should have been hitting them in the face when, by her own admission, this 26 year old girl said she hasn't dated for 5 years!!!!!  This isn't Olivia, who at age 30 said she hadn't dated for 3 years.  So what?  This is a young girl who hasn't gone out with a man since she barely got out of high school?  You can't say it's her looks....she's absolutely adorable.  She proudly said she's a party girl and likes to drink/get drunk a lot.  Again, red flags people. 

I thought she said she'd been single for five years, meaning she hadn't been anyone's monogamous girlfriend for that time. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I would be very surprised if she's been celibate for that long - I'm getting lots of hooking up/"situationship" vibes from her, which isn't that unusual for people ages 21-26 (I definitely did a lot of that then), and probably moreso now more than ever in the age of dating/hookup apps.  If she's been partying and drinking to the extent that she appears to be doing on this show, I would guess she's done her share of hooking up.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

In ending, I say this to the experts........shame, shame, shame on deciding on this pairing.  Erik and Virginia are not compatible....not now, not 6 months ago when they filled out their application for the show, not when you visited their residences and looked in their underwear drawers.  And most despicable of all.....YOU KNEW THAT.   

I think Erik will try with Virginia because he was "matched" with her, just like Derek did with Katie.  I think he is also going  to have a gut feeling that it isn't right but keeps trying. 

It may take a while but he will realize it is all wrong. All wrong.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:
  5 hours ago, OnTime said:

He does seem like one of the best catches ever on this show!   

I stayed up all night building Team Erik's bench... Humbo and OTime are waiting to schooch over for others...

Shout out to Brett who let me use his power tools in his dining area behind the accordion room divider...

God bless you OT.  Please include me on Team Erik's bench, if only for this comment.  🙂 

• Love 3

The camera kept going back & forth between Virginia's gulps of wine and Erik's sips of water.  Something tells me that, once this was ready for editing, they had a lot more footage of future scenes where her drinking/partying and his desire to have a nice, cozy night in are at odds, hence the editing in of the disparity in drinking styles.

Virginia looked and acted like she was positively on something.  I suspect it's the mixing of all the alcohols:  shots (of who knows what), champagne, wine, repeat.

Joining the Stringy White Girl Straight Hair Club.  I go through volumizing shampoo, mousse, hot rollers, and hairspray like nobody's business, only to have flat, stringy, mousey hair by noon.  I call it my "Drowned Rat Special".

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Vincent grew up and went to school and did not leave the his island country till he was an adult. I wonder is he expected to send money to his family back home? How often does he visit?

I must have missed this. Vincent said he was of Dominican background but did he actually state that he grew up in the Dominican Republic? I'm thinking of Pedro from 90 Day Fiancee who grew up in the DR and was WAY less proficient in English than Vincent is. 

3 hours ago, cinsays said:

I'm joining the team, I think you better make it a long bench.

Can you schooch over a bit more to make room for my fat ass?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Amen sister! I am the poster child for stringy white girl hair! When my much younger sister got married she wanted all of the bridesmaids to have "beachy waves". Lord help me. An hour of a stylist taking my hair in tiny sections, applying hot styling spray and wrapping a flat iron. It looked fantastic, but my hair felt like a football helmet, and I didn't dare touch it for 10 hours. I have lamented the stick straightness this last decade as everyone else has sported these nice wavy styles, but I have recently decided to just be at peace. God gave me this straight hair, and frankly, it looks better when I just wear it like it wants to be. It's always soft, shiny and smooth, and I suppose there are worse things. I guess I'll just wait it out - stick straight hair is bound to come back in style sometime, right? 😜

I find Eric nice and easy going. He seems able to socialize in a relaxed way, as well as being able to communicate. He also seems able to express himself appropriately and was very supportive and reassuring to Virginia. He was having fun with the guys at the bachelor party, even though you know he didn't approve of what Chris or Vincent were doing. He generally seems comfortable in his own skin. Basically he is nothing like Henry to me. I would have loved to see Henry confronted with someone like Virginia - can you imagine what would have happened if she was hanging on him trying to kiss him every five minutes? I seriously would have loved to see that!

My hair is 100% straight, fine in texture, and now that I’m older, thinning. My best “hair days” were the Mid 70s when I was in high school and the straighter, the better! I envy anyone with natural curls.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

Red flags should have been hitting them in the face when, by her own admission, this 26 year old girl said she hasn't dated for 5 years!!!!!  This isn't Olivia, who at age 30 said she hadn't dated for 3 years. 

30 year old Deonna hadn't been in a relationship for ten years. She and Greg are a MAFS success story.

59 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I thought she said she'd been single for five years, meaning she hadn't been anyone's monogamous girlfriend for that time. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I would be very surprised if she's been celibate for that long.

Right.  Deonna mentioned having situationships over the ten years that she didn't have a relationship. Virgina has likely hooked up plenty and may have even gone on actual dates over those five years. Also, while the women's comments about their relationship droughts are highlighted more, plenty of the guys mentioned not being in relationships for years. Greg and Miles hadn't been in a relationships for years. 

34 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I must have missed this. Vincent said he was of Dominican background but did he actually state that he grew up in the Dominican Republic? 

If the google search results are correct, he graduated from high school in Pennsylvania. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

30 year old Deonna hadn't been in a relationship for ten years. She and Greg are a MAFS success story.

Oh, I forgot about that! 

35 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Right.  Deonna mentioned having situationships over the ten years that she didn't have a relationship. Virgina has likely hooked up plenty and may have even gone on actual dates over those five years. Also, while the women's comments about their relationship droughts are highlighted more, plenty of the guys mentioned not being in relationships for years. Greg and Miles hadn't been in a relationships for years. 

I think Miles had been in lots of relationships? And it's kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't. Miles had been in something like 10 relationships and people (including his wife) were like "Really? At his age?" implying that that was too many. (Actually, now that I think about it, I think Karen had been single for years too.) Like, what's the "right" number? 

Also, going into this experience, I would rather have someone who had been single for a while than someone who had just gotten out of a serious relationship. (Someone who had been casually dating, like Brett and some of the guys in this cast - I think a few of them, including Erik, said they had to delete their app profiles - would be fine with me.) In the latter case, I would worry that they weren't fully over the person and ready to be in something new. 

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Virginia looked and acted like she was positively on something.  I suspect it's the mixing of all the alcohols:  shots (of who knows what), champagne, wine, repeat.

Yeah, she's a binge drinker. She strikes me as the kind of person for whom drinking = getting drunk. Like, she wouldn't have a glass of wine or two with dinner or go to the bar and leave just feeling "nice." If she's drinking, she's not stopping until she gets drunk, always. That doesn't strike me as Erik's thing, and it really doesn't strike me as his mother's thing. I think it was @Racj82 who said she got that drunk because that's what she always does, and I agree.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

You don't have to be a psychiatrist to understand the reason. She talked about it a lot....her parents' divorces.  She comes not just from a broken home but positively condemned.  She has major issues with trust and is still in many ways a child craving stability. 

As my father always warned me,  Marry an adult who is ready for the commitment of marriage.  Don't marry a "PROJECT."  Erik married a "project" whom he's going to have to constantly try to "fix, rescue and caretake" every minute of every day.  Virginia has so many "broken pieces" in her sense of self, marriage would be about the LAST THING I would have been interested in if I were her looking toward a successful future.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Maybe it wasn’t about her looks. He could have seen/met her before. Been terrible to one of her friends/relatives. Also, instead of counseling him out of his preferences the show could have just matched him with some more his physical type. Maybe someone who reacted to him like Jaime did to Doug. He could still live happily ever after like Doug has.

What I meant was they should have counseled him out of "If I'm not feeling it immediately I'm done" - isn't that the premise of the show?  He said he wants a hot Christian woman who's a freak in bed - seems like they came as close as they could to that requirement 😄 

• Love 5
On 1/21/2021 at 11:50 AM, OnTime said:

Why do they have the people at the wedding ceremony socially distant and at the reception they right next to each other??

To drive me crazy.

20 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I've been calling her Leno chin from day one. With my friends who watch the show.

She has a very unfortunate chin.  And it's even more noticeable when she yap yap yaps. 

17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She seemed interested in learning about Dominican food and culture but that make me think she's not too familiar with it.  I am probably more familiar with it having lived in the Bronx for the first 33 years of my life.

What I found interesting was that he saying how he was into dancing, merengue and whatever, and yet when they danced at the wedding, he was using his right hand to hold her left hand, which is the opposite of how it's supposed to be.  I asked Mr. Outlier, whose only dance experience is striking the Travolta pose from the cover of the Saturday Night Fever album, and even he knew he should use his left hand if we were ever to dance.

I hope it was just Vincent's nerves getting to him, because I'm having shades of my youth, going two-stepping and the guys who would say, "I'm a good dancer when I'm drunk" and I'd just think, "No, you think you're a good dancer when you're drunk."  Ain't nothing worse than a bad dancer who thinks he's a good dancer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, pdlinda said:
5 hours ago, JapMo said:

Isn't Vincent the one who said he broke up with someone because she didn't support his career plans?

Yah.,,,,AND because he didn't have a degree.

You know now that I think about it, I wouldn't blame Brianna if she were concerned about Vincent's lack of a degree because these days not having some kind of post HS education, even if it's a technical school or something similar really limits your career potential and earning power.  And I don't really get the feeling that she's going to be another Amelia who is fine about making a lot more than he does and supporting him while he perpetually "pursues his career ambitions".

Plus, why do I get the feeling that the woman that didn't support his career plans was not happy with the income he was making and THAT was really the issue?

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
On 1/20/2021 at 11:00 PM, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered: Briana, Clara, Paige, JamieO

JamieO s p r e a d out with the last kid.
She is wearing a Mother of the Bride Dress in periwinkle lace....makes her shoulders and arms look thick. She looks matronly

Anyone able to get a screen shot somehow?

21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If I were single and 20 yrs. younger Erik would be the perfect guy for me. I love everything about him including his warm smile. The man is ready to settle down, have kids, and be married. He's lived life, has been married before and knows what mistakes he's made, has learned from them and has expressed to the therapists what he needs and wants. 

OK, so I'm a little confused.  They have been building it up as though he gave his marriage a legit try and it didn't work.  But in this ep, he was talking to someone (groomsman?) and said something about how this was his first real marriage, because the previous one was only to get military eligibility for someone, or something like that.  Did anyone catch what that was about?

On 1/21/2021 at 2:30 AM, Adeejay said:

Chris father’s comment that he hopes the bride is beautiful, sounded ominous.  

I believe this was the first time a groom cursed out loud when he saw his bride.

Like some of the others here, I am hoping this was misleading editing, and Chris was really having a good cursing reaction.  Regarding his father, I noticed that we didn't see his face while some of those words were being spoken, so I'm wondering if they took a page out of the Bach/ette franchise and spliced in words from another conversation. 

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I thought she said she'd been single for five years, meaning she hadn't been anyone's monogamous girlfriend for that time. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I would be very surprised if she's been celibate for that long - I'm getting lots of hooking up/"situationship" vibes from her, which isn't that unusual for people ages 21-26 (I definitely did a lot of that then), and probably moreso now more than ever in the age of dating/hookup apps.  If she's been partying and drinking to the extent that she appears to be doing on this show, I would guess she's done her share of hooking up.

At some point she talked about how she will meet a guy and basically have him come back to her home, and then get rid of him the next day before he can beat her to it.  So yes, I think she has had plenty of hook-ups. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, so I'm a little confused.  They have been building it up as though he gave his marriage a legit try and it didn't work.  But in this ep, he was talking to someone (groomsman?) and said something about how this was his first real marriage, because the previous one was only to get military eligibility for someone, or something like that.  Did anyone catch what that was about?

Erik explained his first marriage as a document marriage. He married his first wife so she could live on base and have military spouse privileges as he trained as an AF pilot and went on multiple deployments.

Erik said this was the first time to go through the rigamarole of wedding tuxes, bachelor party, the wedding ceremony and reception with the families.

3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Can you schooch over a bit more to make room for my fat ass?

Plenty of room for your caboose....

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I must have missed this. Vincent said he was of Dominican background but did he actually state that he grew up in the Dominican Republic? I'm thinking of Pedro from 90 Day Fiancee who grew up in the DR and was WAY less proficient in English than Vincent is. 

Vincent said he came to the US when he was 18 in 2011. I took that as when he came to live for the first time in the US? maybe he had visited but it sounded like his grandma that raised him was in the Dominican Republic. I could have misunderstood but moving to the states in 2011 means to me he was not living in the states previous? 

As for English I believe it varies a lot. One of my son's best friend just spent 2 years on a Mormon mission in the Dominican Republic and from his tales of knocking door to door, there was a wide range of how much English was spoken. He said the country was way more diverse then he had thought. Maybe someone else can chime in. The only younger person I knew from the Dominican Republic was someone I went to college with and she went to private school and spoke English perfectly but I know private school is not the norm, 

55 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Erik explained his first marriage as a document marriage. He married his first wife so she could live on base and have military spouse privileges as he trained as an AF pilot and went on multiple deployments.

Erik said this was the first time to go through the rigamarole of wedding tuxes, bachelor party, the wedding ceremony and reception with the families.

Wait...what?  I'm still not completely understanding this.  Sorry if I'm being dense, can you explain this a little more for me?  Does this mean it was a "marriage of convenience" and not for love, like someone marrying an immigrant to make them a citizen?  Or was she his girlfriend and....ahhhh......Oh, never mind I can't figure this out!🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Wait...what?  I'm still not completely understanding this.  Sorry if I'm being dense, can you explain this a little more for me?  Does this mean it was a "marriage of convenience" and not for love, like someone marrying an immigrant to make them a citizen?  Or was she his girlfriend and....ahhhh......Oh, never mind I can't figure this out!🤷‍♂️

I didn't take it to mean a marriage of convenience. I think they loved each other at the time but unless they were legally wed, she would not have been able to live on base with him. He probably had a civil ceremony and this current marriage he gets to do the whole hoopla of bachelor party, groomsmen, reception etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I didn't take it to mean a marriage of convenience. I think they loved each other at the time but unless they were legally wed, she would not have been able to live on base with him. He probably had a civil ceremony and this current marriage he gets to do the whole hoopla of bachelor party, groomsmen, reception etc. 

This is what I took it to meant as well. I was surprised when my friend's husband said he had been married before. He was in the Army and when he was transferred the only way his girlfriend could go was if they were married. His transfer was to Germany and it was the only way he could have her live on base with him(maybe also have her be able to stay the whole 2 years). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Then they grew apart because he was gone on deployments and then not present in the marriage obtaining his career goals as a commercial pilot...

She has since remarried and they have had no contact since the divorce...

No unclaimed luggage going around and around the baggage carousel... so to speak.....

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

God gave me this straight hair, and frankly, it looks better when I just wear it like it wants to be. It's always soft, shiny and smooth, and I suppose there are worse things. I guess I'll just wait it out - stick straight hair is bound to come back in style sometime, right? 😜

It was in style just a couple of years ago. Remember the Brazilian Blow Out craze? People were paying a lot of money for that straight, silky hair (me included). Think Jennifer Anniston. As for the beach waves popularity, most women can't do that at home, they have to go to a stylist. I tried that, too, and burned myself every time with the darn curling and/or hot irons. I've just given it all up and will have to be satisfied with my soccer mom bob. 

6 hours ago, Zero260 said:

Big Erik fan here too. Despite the nerdy vibes and dad bod

I missed the dad bod. Was he seen in his undies or something? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Yeah, something about that doesn't sit right with me.  Either you marry someone because you want to be married to them or you stay single and deal with the circumstances.  Why even say it was for that reason then if they were in love and wanted to be married anyway?  If the main reason they wanted to be married was for the benefits of her living on the base, it doesn't matter to me that they were in love, it still isn't what I would consider the right reason to get married.  And I guess their eventual divorce proves that point.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, princelina said:

What I meant was they should have counseled him out of "If I'm not feeling it immediately I'm done" - isn't that the premise of the show?  

Maybe someone should counsel him out of "If I'm not feeling it immediately I'm done." Still, it might be entertaining to see him paired with an attractive woman who is as appalled at this average looking dude being into her for his looks as he is about presumably attractive women being into him for the money that he doesn't seem to be managing wisely.  

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Is having a document marriage traditional or conservative?

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Neither is going on this show. So maybe he’s not as conservative as he’s saying 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2021 at 7:23 AM, cardigirl said:

I think Paige is beautiful. I enjoyed the way the show was building up her entrance, with the dress and the lovely train. When she first chose that dress, I didn't like it that much, but seeing it last night, and then seeing her in it, I thought she looked gorgeous. 

I don't know if Chris was saying "oh shit" because it was about to get real, or because he saw her and was blown away, or because he was disappointed. The editing on this show always makes me hope they're building us up for the worst possible scenario, and then it's going to be something else, but who knows.

Many guesses were made last season about what was going to happen with the couples, based on the weddings, and a lot of them were incorrect (mine included) so, I'm reserving some judgement here.  Usually I like everyone at the beginning of the show and hope they all make it, LOL. 

Having said that though, Clara and Ryan, when Clara started hyperventilating about her shoes and hemline to her "girls" and the editors cut to Ryan just kind of rolling his eyes, it did remind me of Henry and Christina, when she ignored him to go off about her earrings.  Not a good sign. 

Poor Virginia, too. All she's ever known is drinking lots = good time.  Moderation certainly is not in her vocabulary. It's going to take a lot of work on Erik's part to meet her halfway and see if there is more to this young woman. I think he might be intrigued by her free spirit, but also a little afraid of it. 

Briana and Vincent strike me as very thoughtful people, and Briana has some delightful turns of phrases. I think I'll enjoy watching them. 

As for Unfiltered, I had a thought that maybe the first three on the "couch" with Jamie, so to speak, are brides of successful couples?  Not sure why I feel that way, but they all seemed very confident, and not unhappy.  I guess we will find out. 

If the Pilot will be gone flying, Virginia will not stay home.  She’ll be out drinking and partying with the girlfriends.  With all the booze in her already, why was she such a wreck jumping around and second guessing before the wedding?  She should have been calm by then.  She’s a boozer.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

My hair is 100% straight, fine in texture, and now that I’m older, thinning. My best “hair days” were the Mid 70s when I was in high school and the straighter, the better! I envy anyone with natural curls.

My hair's the only part of me that's naturally thin.

• LOL 18
16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It was in style just a couple of years ago. Remember the Brazilian Blow Out craze? People were paying a lot of money for that straight, silky hair (me included). 

There was also something (in the UK at any rate) called the Japanese Perm. Unlike the usual perm which curls the hair, this straightens it permanently. A woman I worked with paid a fortune for this Japanese Perm on her thick, very curly hair. It looked great, beautifully straight, silky and shiny. But when her hair started to grow, she was left with this absolute mess of crinkly roots with the rest of it completely straight. It looked horrendous, as the bit that was straight no longer fell straight down. It wasn't possible to perm just the roots, and trying to straighten it with an iron didn't work, as her hair was so thick, and you can never get the straightening iron right to the roots anyway.  After a few months she ended up having to get it cut short. She was heartbroken.

I still have confidence in Clara & Ryan.  They definitely seem to be physically attracted, so that's good.  I think Clara was a bundle of nerves and probably isn't so hyper in normal life.  Though she's not on Virginia's level as far as drinking, could anyone pry that champagne glass out of her hand?  Like a binky or favorite blanket, she held on to it for dear life to the extent she had to hug everyone with one arm, even her new mother/brother-in-law.  She's going to regret it when she's sees that in all her wedding pictures.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, JAndy said:
On 1/22/2021 at 11:46 PM, Rae Spellman said:

Neither is going on this show. So maybe he’s not as conservative as he’s saying 

Erik reminds me a lot of a man I knew once.  He was a former Roman Catholic Priest and Theology professor I worked with.  He was extremely straight laced and had a winsome and almost shy way about him even though he was a people person.  He shocked me with a couple of very unconservative and seemingly uncharacteristic things in his past.  It proved to me that it's those quiet ones you have to watch out for, LOL.

• Love 2

Chris is named after his father.. he's a "Junior," not "the second." He's just being pretentious.

The scene in which Chris Jr was getting reading for the ball his wedding reminded me of the scene in Cinderella where the birds and mice help her get ready.

Brianna and Vincent are this season's Olivia and Brett. She considers herself classy and he's all about beer and chips, and in Vincent's case, Chickfila and gogo dancers.

Am I the only one that thinks Eric is not making a living pilot-ing at the moment? He might have been a pilot in the air force and he might enjoys taking his family's airplanes out for a ride, but I dont think it's his current profession. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Am I the only one that thinks Eric is not making a living pilot-ing at the moment? He might have been a pilot in the air force and he might enjoys taking his family's airplanes out for a ride, but I dont think it's his current profession. 

I thought maybe Erik and Clara were both on leave due to COVID and that is why they had time off to apply. I have watched some of the youtube videos about flight attendants  and pilot's life.  Some were forced to take a few months off because of lower number of flights so there were not layoffs. I do not think Erik would say he finally has his dream career life which he said included a  job with a commercial airline if he did not. It can take a few years to get a full time job with a commercial airline , you might have to work for a smaller regional carrier or do on call schedules before getting that full time job. Some airlines strongly prefer to hire military so maybe he went into the reserves and then it got him hired at the airline. Erik's career sounded more real to me then Chris Ble$$ed Williams. 

• Love 7
On 1/21/2021 at 2:47 AM, greeneyedscorpio said:

I feel badly for Erik.  I really really like him.  He's got an easy smile, laughs easily and just seems like a really genial guy.  Virginia has a drinking problem and he was already giving her the side-eye about it how much she was drinking.  This isn't going to work and Erik deserves love, dammit!

I find him completely adorable. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a secret asshole.

• Love 6

I’m not a big fan of the wedding episodes but they do set the scene for the rest of the show which I do enjoy. 
Virginia likes to party and it seems her groom isn’t into it so I expect some issues there. 
Briannas dad looked unhappy. 
Why would the last groom go on the show if his main concern is his brides looks?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

He's probably not once considered his bride may not find him attractive.

I know! I thought the very same thing. I posted earlier about how he is full of himself, like he needs to be the pretty one.  He keeps saying the women want to be with him for his money but I have no idea where he gets his money from, did he say how he earns his money?  Is he the type that has $1000 in his checking account so he thinks he is flush?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, cardigirl said:

My guess would be that it's Ryan, as he's never been in love before and I'm thinking it's because he's rather picky.  🙂 

OMG with the "never been in love" shtick! Derek all over again. Hopefully, Clara won't pick him apart. How incredibly raw & vulnerable of her to admit she's afraid he won't love her. How dare they not show his response! That was a perfect opportunity to connect!

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know! I thought the very same thing. I posted earlier about how he is full of himself, like he needs to be the pretty one.  He keeps saying the women want to be with him for his money but I have no idea where he gets his money from, did he say how he earns his money?  Is he the type that has $1000 in his checking account so he thinks he is flush?  

He said that he owned  a restaurant which turned out to be a Subway

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
On 1/20/2021 at 6:26 PM, Madding crowd said:

Briana had the prettiest dress among the brides so far.

Looked a little better than when she chose it. I thought she'd need Paige's plastic surgeon. 😂

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, JAndy said:

He said that he owned  a restaurant which turned out to be a Subway

Excuse me, did you say Subway? Ha ha ha!!! The guy who calls himself a businessman and restaurateur? A subway franchisee? Ha ha ha! I’m going to have to have a talk with the guy who owns the one by my office that he needs to have a little more swag - doesn’t he know he’s a restaurateur??? I’m going to need a little more attitude in the future when he’s handing me my six inch turkey and chips so I know what a big deal he is. 
A Subway! Hopefully someone else is running it for him - most are pretty small locations and I’m not sure Chris’s ego could fit in there. A Subway! SMH.....

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I'm on the fence about the blindfolds. I appreciate the unique idea & good on Clara for giving that to her husband. I think he should've asked her if she'd like to. It played out weird & seems he didn't think through how it'd play out. If so, he probably thought it would've gone better than it did. 😅 I didn't like it & it shouldn't be done again. There are much better times to wear those masks. 😉

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Excuse me, did you say Subway? Ha ha ha!!! The guy who calls himself a businessman and restaurateur? A subway franchisee? Ha ha ha! I’m going to have to have a talk with the guy who owns the one by my office that he needs to have a little more swag - doesn’t he know he’s a restaurateur??? I’m going to need a little more attitude in the future when he’s handing me my six inch turkey and chips so I know what a big deal he is. 
A Subway! Hopefully someone else is running it for him - most are pretty small locations and I’m not sure Chris’s ego could fit in there. A Subway! SMH.....

He had investors and mentors in order to get the subway. I listened to a podcast (recorded before the show) and he talked about how he got the subway. He found out he could be the youngest African American in Atlanta to own a subway and people started to invest. Nipsey Russel was suppose to help but he passed away. Chris was saying some other names (I did not recognize any?). Then there was a video of the big opening of the subway. It was a private party at the new location, and they ate fried chicken and fries and drank wine. I would think if you were proud of opening a subway and you are in the subway, you would serve subway? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Vincent is wayyyy too out of shape. Not even any arm definition & that baby bump?? YIKES!! He's worse than Miles, like almost AJ bad. I hope Ryan schedules a workout with him & Erik. 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

I'm on the fence about the blindfolds. I appreciate the unique idea & good on Clara for giving that to her husband. I think he should've asked her if she'd like to. It played out weird & seems he didn't think through how it'd play out. If so, he probably thought it would've gone better than it did. 😅 I didn't like it & it shouldn't be done again. There are much better times to wear those masks. 😉

I wouldn't have worn it......I would have sent it back and said 'no thanks'.  What was the point of it anyway?  She sees him a half second before he first sees her?  Big deal.

• Love 6
On 1/21/2021 at 10:37 AM, OnTime said:

Who says the words/letters "BS" in their wedding vows?

It's not like they ever think about them again. These people say such empty words. Has anyone actually followed through with their vows?? If they did, maybe they'd still be married. 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1