Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Hello, Stranger

• Start Topic

I only caught the tail end of Unfiltered, but Paige might as well have been naked. She is so freakin' tacky. JamieO's dress was horribly unflattering, but at least the extensions (if still there) are tucked up so far.

Speaking of tacky- Virginia. Yikes. Erik, fly, fly away...

Clara, calm down. Another yikes.

Missed the last half hour, so will have to catch up with the cringe there later.

• Love 9

I am so shocked.  They must be saving the train wreck couples for the next episode because I thought all three couples tonight seemed to hit it off.  Briana and Vincent are my favorites though.  Her dress was gorgeous and I thought she looked so beautiful.  They just made me so happy when they were acting so shy and admitted that they found each other attractive.  *Fingers and toes crossed* for these two.

Erik is determined to make this work, so he will not be leaving Virginia for anything, which may be exactly what she needs.  I feel like they may actually work out.

Knowing that Ryan has never been in love enough to say "I love you," I was kind of sad for Clara when she admitted that her biggest fear was falling for him and not having that love reciprocated.  Good luck, Clara.  Maybe you can open him up.  However, I do feel like they (like the other couples tonight) had an instant connection/attraction.

Not looking forward to next week.  I believe that Chris is going to eat up all of the airtime because the last couple is soooooooooooooo yawn-inducing their whole wedding will probably be edited down to 10 minutes.

Edited by HZAnita
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Honestly, I didn't think much of Vincent talking to the strippers.  I thought he was just being relaxed and friendly and I doubt he was asking for their phone numbers.  

Virginia is a hot ass mess.

And the “experts” didn’t see she was a nut job?  The pilot got nervous when he saw her throwing down the wine and kissing him every minute.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Unless the editing monkey are at work, it sure seemed like it or at least a groan or sigh. Maybe neither groom next week will be happy initially. 

In the very beginning I thought they would all make it until the end when it seems they won’t.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Unfiltered: Briana, Clara, Paige, JamieO

JamieO s p r e a d out with the last kid.
She is wearing a Mother of the Bride Dress in periwinkle lace....makes her shoulders and arms look thick. She looks matronly.

Paige is subdued....that is never a good indicator of the season. Her girls are out and about the set.

Clara...has tried everything once....with each and every guy...

Briana just moved to Atlanta in 2020, went on Tinder, saw it was all hookup culture plus bringing Covid over...um, no....Hello MAFS application.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

So I guess the other two couples weddings are next week. I think picky groom will be Chris. These three seems to be good with each other (for right now). 

I could swear I heard Chris mumble "Oh shit" under his breath when Paige walked down the aisle. What a shallow individual! I loved his granddad, though. 

• Love 13

Second hand embarrassed for Virginia & pretty much all the parents & Erik the groom.  Wow! Shots then champagne then on to wine? Damn! & seems like all her bridesmaids were trashed as well & her maid of honor was seething with jealousy.  

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 15

I could not believe that was Jamie!  What the heck happened there?  Oh yes...a new baby and Covid happened!

Hair and wardrobe did her NO favor.  Wow.

I couldn't believe Virginia was doing all that drinking.  She got matched with a nice guy but continues to be the fool!

Paige is no beauty but her warmth and humor give her a boost!  She is a strange Christian girl with all that earthy sex talk!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 10

Clara seems to be the sort that would just suck all the air out of a room.  She's exhausting.  She makes me think of children who were so doted on by their parents that they could do no wrong and grew up to be the life of the party and very confident in all they said and did.  She reminds me of Elizabeth from the Charlotte season---both are extroverts and don't mind being the center of attention.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Paige is no beauty but her warmth and humor give her a boost!  She is a strange Christian girl with all that earthy sex talk!

On Unfiltered she explained that these were her feelings about sexual and physical intimacy with a husband where there was mutual respect. However, for someone whose constant mantra is that she is God-fearing she dresses very immodestly. I'm certainly not a prude, but she was dressed very inappropriately on Unfiltered. Brianna looked lovely. So far she's my favorite of the 3 we have seen so far. She and Vincent seem to be vibing well but my only concern is that he may not be a good match intellectually for her.  

Edited by ECM1231
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Clara, STFU...my head hurts with your constant noise.

Stop yapping how the sausage was made...Ryan doesn’t need to hear the Bridezilla fit over your hem, your wet makeup, Bedazzled Nikes..shut.

Predicting lots of tears from her...overdramatic will be her M.O.

They will clash, no one wants to give an inch.

Virginia, bless her boozy heart...she drinks to dull her nerves, her emotions, her being in the present...No puking in your wedding dress.

The camera in her face, the pressure of the families, the wedding production that is causing her to bounce off the walls and chug drinks...

Erik and she have instant chemistry and physical attraction...It is a good thing she is aggressive...Erik is happy she is kissing all over him...they may have wedding night sexy time...Virginia is horny.

Erik’s brother looks like Paul Rudd, he got a 2 second cameo...not the beefier best man who gave the heartfelt toast to the couple..

The editors are showing every single sip of wine that Virginia is taking ....

Virginia’s boozing will be the downfall is her storyline.

Briana is happy at first glance with Vincent and Vincent is attracted to Briana, all good..

I can’t put my finger on it but Vincent is not comfortable...he may be feeling he is punching too far above his weight...

Paige’s Dad is so sweet, his way of talkIng to her is touching.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

And the hair looks unwashed and kind of ratty, too.

They showed her getting her hair done, but when you have straight hair, you absolutely CANNOT touch it when it’s curled or the curl starts to fall out immediately. Also the amount of product required to keep straight hair curled makes it look really dirty and ratty once the curl goes. Her hairdo was going before she walked down the aisle because she kept messing with it. Probably the wrong style for her wedding day, much like the heinous eyeshadow. 

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I loved seeing Vincent and his groomsmen pray together.

Me too. Vincent comes across more sincere about his faith than that phony Chris who talks a good game and that is about all there is to his religion.

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Chris is such an ass. He’s so worried about if he will light up when he sees her but he doesn’t consider the possibility that she won’t either. He is one ugly dude. 

My exact thoughts as well, but Chris is so in love with himself it never occurs to him that a woman might not find him attractive. I cannot believe we are only a few episodes in and this guy was getting yet another haircut! He’s the worst!

My other thoughts:

Brianna and Vincent are adorable. So cute when she said “Vincent is my person.” I hope it lasts. Also, I loved her dress. Maybe my favorite across all seasons.

Clara might wear Ryan out. His facial expression at their reception table was a little alarmed when she was just talking and talking. Still, they seem to have a nice easy rapport going on. I hope her heart doesn’t get broken. The girl who is afraid of falling in love and not being loved in return being matched with the guy who has never said “I love you” is kind of a recipe for disaster.

I am kind of shocked that Eric and Virginia hit it off right out of the gate. But there is no way this is going to last. They are polar opposites. And she might be an alcoholic.....

Had to laugh when Clara was complaining on Unfiltered about hating her hair at her wedding as she’s sitting right next to Jamie who has her hair styled exactly the same way. 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Chris father’s comment that he hopes the bride is beautiful, sounded ominous.  Poor hopeful Paige. I believe this was the first time a groom cursed out loud when he saw his bride.

Virginia should probably take it easy with the booze. Erik’s mom appeared to be judging her. I have a feeling they are going to start out great and then crash and burn. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Clara seems really picky and high maintenance. She’s really pounding the champagne too. I’d like to see Ryan with a little more grown out hair, he’s not a bad looking guy and he seems nice. 

I think similarly. Her response biggest fear is he won’t fall in love with her. Revealing. He was obviously struck by the rapid sincere response.  IMO, she’s Add. May talk him to death.  I like both. Would like yo see them make it. But, Clara, you seriously need to slow it down or get some meds. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Erik wants this too badly.  Miss Virginia seems like a nice person and she’s clearly a whole lot of fun, but I don’t envision her being ready for this level of responsibility and commitment.  She put more thought into that incredibly heavy eyeshadow than she did this massive change in her life.  It’s almost not fair to her that Erik piles all of this pressure on her right out of the gate. 

This match angers me.  He came seriously looking for a second try.  Of all people, they should have matched him with somebody sensible.  I think Haley would have been good match. Both ready settle down. Unless these are actors, it has become an abusive show.  I’m serious.  I do not like such bad matches. (One thing, though. I actually liked Olivia’s match last season. But he did need more help from “experts”. I think she had some issues too. But I liked both. )

I really want a very insecure Clara to pull it together and let it happen.  They don’t get as much counseling these days. Dr Pepper is very good and did a lot of work when young in sex research getting more focus. But you don’t see her much at all anymore.    

i watch bc I want couples to be successful. 

Edited by Ms.C.
Fixes and added content
  • Like 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

She is wearing a Mother of the Bride Dress in periwinkle lace....makes her shoulders and arms look thick. She looks matronly.

Paige is subdued....that is never a good indicator of the season. Her girls are out and about the set.

Briana just moved to Atlanta in 2020, went on Tinder, saw it was all hookup culture plus bringing Covid over...um, no....Hello MAFS application.

That was a very tacky/trashy comment from Clara.  Edit yourself Clara or this will be another fail. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She looks terrible, the makeup look is inappropriate for the occasion, and the makeup job looks amateurish as hell. It is a complete makeup fail.

Looks like a child did them

• Love 4

I think Paige is beautiful. I enjoyed the way the show was building up her entrance, with the dress and the lovely train. When she first chose that dress, I didn't like it that much, but seeing it last night, and then seeing her in it, I thought she looked gorgeous. 

I don't know if Chris was saying "oh shit" because it was about to get real, or because he saw her and was blown away, or because he was disappointed. The editing on this show always makes me hope they're building us up for the worst possible scenario, and then it's going to be something else, but who knows.

Many guesses were made last season about what was going to happen with the couples, based on the weddings, and a lot of them were incorrect (mine included) so, I'm reserving some judgement here.  Usually I like everyone at the beginning of the show and hope they all make it, LOL. 

Having said that though, Clara and Ryan, when Clara started hyperventilating about her shoes and hemline to her "girls" and the editors cut to Ryan just kind of rolling his eyes, it did remind me of Henry and Christina, when she ignored him to go off about her earrings.  Not a good sign. 

Poor Virginia, too. All she's ever known is drinking lots = good time.  Moderation certainly is not in her vocabulary. It's going to take a lot of work on Erik's part to meet her halfway and see if there is more to this young woman. I think he might be intrigued by her free spirit, but also a little afraid of it. 

Briana and Vincent strike me as very thoughtful people, and Briana has some delightful turns of phrases. I think I'll enjoy watching them. 

As for Unfiltered, I had a thought that maybe the first three on the "couch" with Jamie, so to speak, are brides of successful couples?  Not sure why I feel that way, but they all seemed very confident, and not unhappy.  I guess we will find out. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Second hand embarrassed for Virginia & pretty much all the parents & Erik the groom.  Wow! Shots then champagne then on to wine? Damn! & seems like all her bridesmaids were trashed as well & her maid of honor was seething with jealousy.  

Virginia was so herky jerky, twitchy, hard to watch her, the makeup artist must have hated her because the eye makeup was horrible as was her hair.  She is too much for Erik, I think we all see that her drinking will be a point of contention, he flies for a living and has to be clear headed for that job, she will be drinking alone.

Chris/Ble$$ed, something is off with him, he has to be the center of attention, always the pretty one.  He keeps saying that all the girls want him because of his money, what does he do for a living?  Paige seems nice and will be more tolarent than I would be with his shallowness.

I give Clara and Ryan have a good chance if she is willing to let him shut her down when she spirals with her talking endlessly.

Does anyone else think that the older guy (not yet married) looks like Will Forte?

Do the matchmakers ever set people up to fail?  Seems like they might.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

MAFS...SUPER SPREADER EVENTS WEDDINGS

Please make Clara use a talking stick So others won’t be run over over by her constant yapping.

Clara, if you are going to dab your tear ducts with your fingers please use sanitizer or go wash you Icky hands for 20 seconds with soap and water...
Ryan’s Baby Yoda pointy little ears are aching from His wife’s non stop yammering....
Put your teeny tiny earbuds in to drown her out with your music, which you tried to tell her you liked with your self taught play by colored stickers keyboard....
These two are going to be fun......

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

MAFS...SUPER SPREADER EVENTS WEDDINGS

People were sitting pretty far apart, plus the weddings were very small. I think the show tried to follow pretty strict protocols, but didn't want to film people in masks, etc. Doesn't look nice.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I only caught the tail end of Unfiltered, but Paige might as well have been naked. She is so freakin' tacky. JamieO's dress was horribly unflattering, but at least the extensions (if still there) are tucked up so far.

Speaking of tacky- Virginia. Yikes. Erik, fly, fly away...

Clara, calm down. Another yikes.

Missed the last half hour, so will have to catch up with the cringe there later.

Yeah, Paige claims she's Miss Christian, spouting it every 5 minutes, but she's spilling out of her dress, same with the outfit she wore to meet up with the ladies. And the butt eating comment.  Just no, though Chris might find that a turn on, if he get over himself.

Virginia is just too immature and Erik will soon discover they just don't match in their lifestyles or mindset. He's got a great smile and he should have been matched with someone a little more settled and not a lush.

Briana's guy's initial excitement seemed to start to wane when she told him she didn't eat chicken - how can they share his love for chicken nuggets????  His job seems like a pretty unsteady way to earn money and I don't think she'll like that either.

Clara seems nice and I like her guy, so they seem like they might get along, but not sure. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

This match angers me.  He came seriously looking for a second try.  Of all people, they should have matched him with somebody sensible.  I think Haley would have been good match. Both ready settle down. Unless these are actors, it has become an abusive show.  I’m serious.  I do not like such bad matches. (One thing, though. I actually liked Olivia’s match last season. But he did need more help from “experts”. I think she had some issues too. But I liked both. )

I really want a very insecure Clara to pull it together and let it happen.  They don’t get as much counseling these days. Dr Pepper is very good and did a lot of work when young in sex research getting more focus. But you don’t see her much at all anymore.    

i watch bc I want couples to be successful. 

Damn !  Does nobody act like a lady anymore?  This is the best day of your life.  You all are brides and should put your best foot forward.  Your in laws are here, and your families, and your new husbands who are petrified.  Cool it.  So far, the only bride that caught my eye was the Engineer.  Sensible.  Unless it’s scripted for drama.  All the men seemed nice, except Chris.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Well, at least Jamie is not wearing her dreadful blue dress hiked up to her crotch and the awful extensions are gone. Matronly, yes, but I think she looked pretty and not distractingly bad like previous unfilter episodes.

The girls all sound like they have been doing a lot of dating/hooking up during 2020, not very smart considering covid.  Are we to think the wedding guests were all covid free to be mingling like that? 

• Love 4
(edited)

How does Vincent get clients? Through a concierge style Insta cart car service...

How much of a markup can he earn being a unnecessary middle man...

You are right...his paychecks can’t be steady....especially in a pandemic when people are not using their cars and working from their homes...
Briana is an engineer, she works outside with crews, she sees projects getting completed from proposal stage to builds... 

Her work is concrete...pun intended.

She may look side eyed at Vincent’s having to schmooze to get clients and then basically convince people to pay him$$when  they can go online and Carvana themselves a car and have it delivered by flatbed to their house...dubious at best.
She comes home, dusty from work, takes a shower with Dove soap( it is a current commercial For those watching teevee) and wants Vincent home  with her but he’s out having drinks, dinner out drumming up clients.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I could swear I heard Chris mumble "Oh shit" under his breath when Paige walked down the aisle. What a shallow individual! I loved his granddad, though. 

Well, he has a surprise when the “ butt” thing comes his way .. whatever the hell that is.  This good Christian woman already knows the things to capture a man’s heart.  For awhile anyway.  Looks like she can teach him a few things.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I am hoping that Chris's "Oh shit" was because he was blown away.  I must be blind or have completely different taste than some on this thread, but I think Paige is really, really pretty.  Especially when she smiles.  And she has a GREAT body. 

Sadly, I feel certain that she isn't going ANYWHERE because she believes this is ordained from above.  Good luck, Paige. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Well, he has a surprise when the “ butt” thing comes his way .. whatever the hell that is.

The “butt thing” is analingus. Been discussed in popular culture since at least Sex and the City; it was a plot point on an episode.

I know Virginia is young but she’s so immature and sloppy. She’s hard to take seriously - she seemed like a little kid at the wedding, excited to be playing at grown-up stuff. 

• Love 7

You are right...the Mother of the Groom periwinkle laced dress does cover her lady bits...there is a merciful god...

I will miss the hair extensions because she used it to cover her hideous outfits.
The iconic mauve tablecloth outfit was the benchmark I use to measure her wardrobe choices.

The MOG dress does not flatter her at all, her girls needed some firmer wrangling, she just looked unpolished from the neck down.

MAFS did her hair and makeup.

She is recycling the beige pumps...having to support kids and Doug is not cheap....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

How does Vincent get clients? Through a concierge style Insta cart car service...

How much of a markup can he earn being a unnecessary middle man...

You are right...his paychecks can’t be steady....especially in a pandemic when people are not using their cars and working from their homes...
Briana is an engineer, she works outside with crews.

She may look side eyed at Vincent’s having to schmooze to get clients and then basically convince people to pay him$$when  they can go online and Carvana themselves a car and have it delivered by flatbed to their house...dubious at best.

And once again, why did the experts match them?  She has the good job .. his .. I’m not sure.

• Love 4

I think it is really telling when a participant revels in being described as "the life of the party" when it probably is just code for "forces all of the attention upon himself/herself."  Clara does it through non-stop dramatic talking and Virginia does it through non-stop drinking.  I don't think "life of the party" is quite the compliment that others think it is.

If Virginia can feel secure in her relationship with Eric, maybe she will cut back on her drinking a bit.  I think some people drink in order to create self-confidence and Virginia may be one of those.  Hopefully she will settle down as Eric seems really committed to the process and also seems nice (but, as we all know, that can change in a second).

Clara just needs to not worry about always having the attention on herself.

I am already cringing for the weddings next week.  Chris is too far into himself.  And, although I can appreciate a bit of 80's fun, I think Haley will be put off by Jacob's age and interests.

I did enjoy the weddings.  Everything was beautiful and everyone seemed happy.  But, we shall see...

• Love 7

Raise your hand if your favorite episodes are the wedding and honeymoon disasters  shows.
Imma raising both hands...

We get to know the couples, opine on their compatibility and predict their demise....

Like Punxsutawney Phil, JamieO  always shows up and does not disappoint with her wardrobe and accessory choices...

Longtimers....plenty of snarkable meat on the bone this season....

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Virginia, bless her boozy heart...she drinks to dull her nerves, her emotions, her being in the present...No puking in your wedding dress.

The camera in her face, the pressure of the families, the wedding production that is causing her to bounce off the walls and chug drinks...

Nah. I'm going to say Virginia was getting plastered because every sort of party to her is a reason to get plastered. Nerves, smerves. This is what her and her girlfriends do.

I was perplexed by the car broker job but a friend helped it make sense to me. Essentially, anyone could be a broker for anything. Especially, if you have the gift of gab. He was like, think about when we got a travel agent for the last cruise we went on. We didn't need to do that. No one really needs an agent for that. But, it's easier. Simpler. They find the deals. Do all the paperwork. You just gave read over and sign.

I'm not giving an ounce of thought to Ryan never saying I love you before. This is a mundane factoid that MAFS uses in editing all season to make a big deal about and allow judgment. Many people go a long time without ever being in love or saying I love you. It doesn't mean anything. It especially doesn't mean they are incapable of saying it or feeling it  You are better off with a person that genuinely says I love you because they truly mean it and feel it than people that just say it or feel it with ease.

Now the whole season for Ryan will be can he say it? Will he say it? Then he says it at the last episode and the show makes a big deal about it. Whatevs. Clara's non stop babble will be a bigger issue than that.

• Love 8

The weddings are always the best episodes of the season.  Everyone is all happy and hopeful and on their (somewhat) best behavior.  I can't remember which father of the bride it was (one of the black ones), he was NOT a happy camper - had a stern miserable look every time the camera came his way. 

Jamie O has come a long way in her interviewing/moderator skillz.  She asked thoughtful questions and had appropriate responses.  Kudos to whoever wrote the questions.  Jamie, like so many moms, has added some lbs.  She still looks great considering.  She also did a good job turning down the perky and slowing down her speech a bit. 

Please, please, PLEASE CHRIS, don't be mean to Paige!  She seems very sweet, despite her freaky tendencies. 

Edited by suzeecat
additional thought
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Damn !  Does nobody act like a lady anymore?  This is the best day of your life.  You all are brides and should put your best foot forward.  Your in laws are here, and your families, and your new husbands who are petrified.  Cool it.  So far, the only bride that caught my eye was the Engineer.  Sensible.  Unless it’s scripted for drama.  All the men seemed nice, except Chris.

Yes!   Exactly what I thought!   Act like a lady - this is a formal affair and you want to present yourself in the best light to your husband and his friends & family.   The men we saw acted like gentlemen.

• Love 8

I have a friend who always uses a broker for his cars, and yes, they are more of the high end vehicles.

I am already ready to throw something at Virginia. I will give her the benefit of the doubt because it was her wedding and she must have been nervous, but if they would have spent 5 minutes less on her horrible eye makeup and tied her hair up or pulled it back, she wouldn't keep playing with it. It looked horrible and her constant playing with it made me anxious. I am not a fan of hers at this point. Too immature and self-centered. And, as others have said, with Eric being a pilot and having to not drink much, this will be a challenge. He WILL get honeymoon activity, though. (If she can wait to get to the room.)

I really have hopes for Brianna and Vincent. They were low key and calm and seemed very happy with their matches. He will have to go to Chick Fil-A on his lunch hours.

Clara made too many strange faces and is pretty needy. I hope she can settle down and just let things happen. I like Ryan so far. He has a nice smile.

There are times I think that Paige is not pretty at all (but Chris is awful all the time), and then sometimes, she looks very pretty. I am usually wary of people who have to constantly tell you how religious they are, so I am not a fan of that behavior. I just know that I will never warm up to Chris, since narcissism and mysogeny are not attractive traits. I am fully expecting that Chris will look like he is not happy with his bride, but I am sure that it will be editing and he will be OK.

I don't remember anything about the last couple.

I was hoping we would have gotten all 5 weddings last night. How silly of me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I know Virginia is young but she’s so immature and sloppy. She’s hard to take seriously - she seemed like a little kid at the wedding, excited to be playing at grown-up stuff. 

I thought Virginia looked lovely... from the neck down. As so many have said, the hair and makeup were awful, but I did love her dress and I thought it was flattering.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

I'm going to say Virginia was getting plastered because every sort of party to her is a reason to get plastered. Nerves, smerves. This is what her and her girlfriends do.

This. I think this is just what she does all. the. time. It's hard to watch. Eric seems smitten, but this act is going to wear thin very fast. She is going to see the honeymoon as an ongoing excuse to keep drinking/partying. I did think it was a weird choice of words when he said "We're going to get through this, I promise" like it's a root canal or something, but he comes across as very mature, and she definitely is not. He's an old 34 and she's a young 26. I think there is a bigger gap in maturity between these two than the couple that is actually 10 years apart. It feels more like a 20 year age gap between Eric and Virginia......

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

This. I think this is just what she does all. the. time. It's hard to watch. Eric seems smitten, but this act is going to wear thin very fast. She is going to see the honeymoon as an ongoing excuse to keep drinking/partying. I did think it was a weird choice of words when he said "We're going to get through this, I promise" like it's a root canal or something, but he comes across as very mature, and she definitely is not. He's an old 34 and she's a young 26. I think there is a bigger gap in maturity between these two than the couple that is actually 10 years apart. It feels more like a 20 year age gap between Eric and Virginia......

I agree. I know he's pretty spooked about the thought of having another divorce, but this just is not a good match. And, him possibly being away from home for several days at a time will have her bored at home and out drinking all the time, just like she does now. 

I feel bad for him, the "experts" really did him wrong.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I feel bad for him, the "experts" really did him wrong.

Me too. He really seems like a catch for somebody. Sensitive, financially secure, mature and thoughtful. In the world of MAFS, this is like finding a unicorn. If they are actually creating bad matches on purpose for drama (and I absolutely believe they are) then Chris should have been the guy stuck with the dud because Eric has the potential to be successful with a woman who is equally in this for the right reasons - someone like Mindy or Olivia.....

• Love 12

I wonder if they asked Virginia before they matched her if she would be OK with a man who has been divorced? If not, I think I would be pretty mad to find that out. Even though, he seems to be mature and normal and has a good explanation for his first "marriage."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1