Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: You So Bad Boy

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

All true!  She may have good intentions but the way she goes about it is all wrong.  And then she belittles him when he doesn't do what she wants.  A kinder, gentler approach to healthy living is what's called for especially for someone like Mike who perhaps hasn't been exposed to a lot of different lifestyles.  Catch more flies with honey! 

The only time she doesn't belittle him is when she's not talking...

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

The only time she doesn't belittle him is when she's not talking...

Mike has her number.  He’s not falling for her phony sweet talk.  He’s not stupid.  Natalie thinks just because she’s playing the good little wife, he will give her the ring.  She thinks she’s so irresistible.  I just hope he doesn’t cave.  She will be a thorn in his side.  Get rid of her before and if she becomes pregnant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think these two started out harmless enough - we are the godparents, we are both single, maybe we can hit it off? 

Thanks for pointing this out. I feel like nobody remembers that Mike was godfather to a mutual friend's child & that's how they met. Interesting that he doesn't believe in God and he was approved as a godfather.  I'd think that point might have proved crucial to the parents & baby & also...to Natalie. Maybe I'll get some hate on this comment but it's just speaking from experience. Overall, I like Mike. IMO, he's got more Christian attitude than a lot of actual Christians. But sounds like he's not checking off the boxes for Natalie on her "dealbreakers," so time to cut bait for her. People don't really change [core ideals] & especially not at our age. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I feel like nobody remembers that Mike was godfather to a mutual friend's child & that's how they met. Interesting that he doesn't believe in God and he was approved as a godfather.  I'd think that point might have proved crucial to the parents & baby & also...to Natalie. Maybe I'll get some hate on this comment but it's just speaking from experience. Overall, I like Mike. IMO, he's got more Christian attitude than a lot of actual Christians. But sounds like he's not checking off the boxes for Natalie on her "dealbreakers," so time to cut bait for her. People don't really change [core ideals] & especially not at our age. 

I wish there was a wildly applauding option. Love this and agree completely 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Love 3

I think with the "julia up late", the father said they'd been up since 4 at one point.

So the drinking tea was AFTER lots of work had been done (i assumed)

i am not sure why she needs to do farm chores, her being there is an extra person, not replacing someone. Brandon needs to do waytever he usually does though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, catherinejane said:

i am not sure why she needs to do farm chores, her being there is an extra person, not replacing someone. Brandon needs to do waytever he usually does though.

IMO, that blonde woman they showed "helping out" with the animals while they were away was actually an employee who did (for pay) what they want Julia to do (for room and board).

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Brandon and Julia: Brandon is taking advantage of not becoming a self-sufficient adult. Brandon’s parents are taking advantage of his guest. 

His parents are nuts. His mom is a cult leader, and his dad does whatever she says and acts like an ass because if he doesn't agree with her he won't be getting any either. 

His parents treat Brandon and Julia like they are free indentured farm workers.  Julia needs to get herself a ticket back home.

Mike and Natalie: You love someone for who they are, and that’s why you fell in love with them to begin with. Therefore you don’t seek out to change them. Yes, everyone has things that they need to adjust within a relationship, but to change major things that you knew about them such as he eats meat and he likes to drink beer, those are things that should’ve been addressed way before Natalie came to stay with Mike if she was that concerned with those issues. And to basically call him a low IQ, low class drunk man, I would have told her to grab her suitcase, drive her crazy ass to a hotel, and booked her a flight the next day back home.

I mean, how can you love someone you think is a "low class drunk man"?

Rebecca and Zied: So Zied was bombarded at the airport, then forced to go to dinner when he said he was tired, then interrogated by her family. He then shows up to a very empty apartment with no furniture and probably no Muslim-friendly food, then made to feel bad for bring tired after a long flight and left alone his first day. I would rethink things too and he is very homesick.

Andrew and Amira: Honestly it was a blessing that Amira wasn't able to come to the states. I would hate to see her end up working in Andrew's daycare. I think she needs to relocate  to another part of France and keep it moving. That is a beautiful country and she is such a beautiful girl.  She can do so much better. 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, heatherchandler said:

I am dying!

8AC24895-DD8F-460C-9CA4-8F60755BAA76.jpeg

ETA- I love how they made sure to have the shopping cart included too.

OMG, I am loving these Bernie memes popping up everywhere! 

• Love 7
On 1/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, Silver Bells said:

Rebecca Baby could have at least put a platter of chicken in the fridge.  So good with his coffee the next day.

He was so taken with the jug of milk.  He said something about it coming in packs in Tunisia.  I wonder what it looks like there?

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

He was so taken with the jug of milk.  He said something about it coming in packs in Tunisia.  I wonder what it looks like there?

I imagine he talked about tetra packs?

Something like that

84926E2E-A6A0-4760-B0F8-6ACEDCCEF085.jpeg

Reddit is on fire

F2982279-D2C5-4DF4-B4A0-E7234AC3D913.jpeg

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, suzywallis said:

It’s the shelf stable box of milk, like a juice box. I have a carton box of milk in my pantry, bought it during the height of the pandemic pandemonium last spring, when the zombie apocalypse was disrupting supply lines and carriers. Don’t know what it tastes like.

• Love 3
On 1/21/2021 at 1:34 PM, AZChristian said:

Is that guy on the left Rebecca's first husband?  Looks to be about the right age.

At least Bernie has a chair, more than you can say for Zied!

also, I was trying to quote the post above this one. Whatever.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just watching to Bonus Scene with Hazel, Tarik and Auri waking up in bed together. Hazel is complaining, and rightly so IMO, that she and Tarik have no privacy and why does Auri have to share their bed. So Tarik takes her to this messy bedroom with a mattress on the floor which is where Auri could sleep and Hazel discusses fixing it up “pretty” for her. Tarik says, with Auri within earshot, he isn’t sure if he wants Auri to sleep in another room then he asks her, “Do you want to sleep here?” Big surprise when Auri gives him an emphatic NO!

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Hazel is complaining, and rightly so IMO, that she and Tarik have no privacy

Really, exactly how much privacy did Hazel have living in that tiny one-room treehouse in the Philippines with her parents? They had to sit on their bed while they got acquainted with Tarik.

• Love 6

It occurs to me that the shock that we see on Ziad‘s face it’s because he realizes that he was sure that Rebecca was going to take care of him when he got to the states (he said so on camera) and it’s pretty obvious but he is a kept man-pet.  There are no amenities provided for him.  He’s like a new puppy being kept for 12 hours in a cage until the owner comes home from work. And let’s face it, Rebecca made the comment about him cooking for her and he kind of dodged that commitment and said he would help. In reality, Zied  never cooked because his mama did it all and until he moved to America to be with Rebecca, his parents hoped that he would meet a nice Muslim girl who would cook, clean and care for him.  No wonder he is instantly homesick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:
21 hours ago, suzywallis said:

It’s the shelf stable box of milk, like a juice box. I have a carton box of milk in my pantry, bought it during the height of the pandemic pandemonium last spring, when the zombie apocalypse was disrupting supply lines and carriers. Don’t know what it tastes like.

It's not bad.  I don't love it, but it tastes good enough to drink it straight, in a glass, so I keep one in the refrigerator for when I run out of regular milk.  I keep it there because you definitely want it to be cold, and almost always, it gets deployed without any notice ("Did you seriously leave 1/4" of milk in the carton??"). 

When Zied was talking about the milk, I thought of the eastern part of Canada, where milk comes in bags.  And the bags don't have instructions because everybody knows what to do--unless you're new and have never seen it before, in which case it's a real head-scratcher because a bag of liquid is pretty sketchy to wrangle.

1280px-Milk_bags_at_a_supermarket_in_Lon

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's not bad.  I don't love it, but it tastes good enough to drink it straight, in a glass, so I keep one in the refrigerator for when I run out of regular milk.  I keep it there because you definitely want it to be cold, and almost always, it gets deployed without any notice ("Did you seriously leave 1/4" of milk in the carton??"). 

When Zied was talking about the milk, I thought of the eastern part of Canada, where milk comes in bags.  And the bags don't have instructions because everybody knows what to do--unless you're new and have never seen it before, in which case it's a real head-scratcher because a bag of liquid is pretty sketchy to wrangle.

1280px-Milk_bags_at_a_supermarket_in_Lon

I would seriously need the video tutorial for the bagged milk!  Oh my!  yes, I was picturing the larger boxes of milk--like we get the almond milk in.

• Love 1

Every home in Canada that uses bagged milk has a jug the bag goes into. You can get the jugs from a dollar store or stainless steel (my favourite) up to expensive porcelain ones. You plop the bag in the jug and cut the corner and you’re ready to pour.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm in Western Canada. We get cartons or jugs. No bagged milk. I did live in Toronto for a bit, so experienced it there. We also pay a 10 cent or 25 cent deposit on each container and are refunded when we take them to the bottle depot (we do have to rinse them out so they don't smell).

• Useful 1

Watching Natalie and Mike eating dinner again, I can’t believe how unappetizing that meal looked. Limp boiled veggies and shrimp! With her high IQ, Natalie should know that’s one of the least nutritious ways to prepare food. Mike’s mistake was saying the words “stir fry”, had he known her reaction he would have been better off making up a term for the cooking method that wouldn’t have set her off and they could have had a very tasty and healthy dinner. High fives all around! 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

It occurs to me that the shock that we see on Ziad‘s face it’s because he realizes that he was sure that Rebecca was going to take care of him when he got to the states (he said so on camera) and it’s pretty obvious but he is a kept man-pet.  There are no amenities provided for him.  He’s like a new puppy being kept for 12 hours in a cage until the owner comes home from work. And let’s face it, Rebecca made the comment about him cooking for her and he kind of dodged that commitment and said he would help. In reality, Zied  never cooked because his mama did it all and until he moved to America to be with Rebecca, his parents hoped that he would meet a nice Muslim girl who would cook, clean and care for him.  No wonder he is instantly homesick.

Yup.  The guy flies halfway around the world, is rightfully tired and nervous, then has to be questioned at a restaurant by her daughter and the guy.  Then Rebecca looks like she wants a night of sex.  Lousy bed, no food in the house, and alone all day.  No wonder he thinks he wants to go home.  Rebecca just wants sex with a young stud.  She doesn’t look like she could be a good wife.  Btw, those tattoos are stunning ..NOT!   Big mismatch.  I feel bad for Ziad.

• Love 1
On 1/18/2021 at 11:31 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Mike and Natalie: ... It will take a number of beers for him to get 'drunk'. I doubt he was drunk. 

I don’t think he was drunk either.  Just tired from a full day of working and driving.  Then, he has to come home to a measly dinner made by a witch that harps on everything he does and insults him in his own hometown boot.  I’m surprised he didn’t throw her ass out the door.  I’ll have no use for Mike if he gives her that ring back.

• Love 5

Oh shit, Brandon's people are Backyard Breeders.

I picked up a dog on the road about eight weeks ago.  An elderly border collie, dumped out, looks like she's nursed about a thousand puppies.  Heartworms, mange.  You know what she's been learning to do?  Stretch.

She's slowly been lengthening out her stretch--she's about halfway down now.  At first I laughed at her because she'd stand too close to the wall and bump her nose.  But now I realize she's been living in a cage and never had the room for a good full-length stretch.

Backyard Breeders, including the Brandons, can go fuck themselves.

• Love 9

@candall, wow, your post just sparked a question in my mind about a dog/pup that I got from some people from Missouri. I found them on the internet while searching for dogs related to one that I adopted, with papers.  They met me half way so I didn’t see their facilities.  This pup, who I’ve had for 7.5 years now, goes absolutely berserk when we start out for a walk, he is so happy, I’m guessing.  Every single time he barks like a crazy dog and runs at break neck speed in circles.  And he attacks my other dog, and I don’t think it’s aggression, but it’s crazy and eventually he calms down.  I wonder if they were penned up as puppies.  He wouldn’t hurt a fly.  But now I’m wondering about his puppy days.  So the scenes with these cages really bother me too.

2 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@candall, wow, your post just sparked a question in my mind about a dog/pup that I got from some people from Missouri. I found them on the internet while searching for dogs related to one that I adopted, with papers.  They met me half way so I didn’t see their facilities.  This pup, who I’ve had for 7.5 years now, goes absolutely berserk when we start out for a walk, he is so happy, I’m guessing.  Every single time he barks like a crazy dog and runs at break neck speed in circles.  And he attacks my other dog, and I don’t think it’s aggression, but it’s crazy and eventually he calms down.  I wonder if they were penned up as puppies.  He wouldn’t hurt a fly.  But now I’m wondering about his puppy days.  So the scenes with these cages really bother me too.

I'm in Missouri.  We're #1 in puppymills (and meth!) 

We're #1!  We're #1!  

I'm so proud.  😱

So who knows what happened to your little guy before he got to you?  It's not the greatest place for animals, although the puppies usually aren't too damaged--they have to be puppy-cute for buyers.  It's the mothers whose lives are a nightmare. 

Sorry I got so far off topic.  Commercial breeders/backyard breeders/puppymills just drive me insane.  I never expected to spot one on goofy entertainment tv, although the way the Brandon parents refuse to consider their son or the newcomer guest to this country, it tracks that they wouldn't blink an eye over an animal's life either.

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Where is tonight’s thread?  Under what heading please.  Did the post it yet or no?

Yes, it's "Unsure and Insecure" and it was started yesterday by our lovely Persnickety

• Love 1
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Watching Natalie and Mike eating dinner again, I can’t believe how unappetizing that meal looked. Limp boiled veggies and shrimp! With her high IQ, Natalie should know that’s one of the least nutritious ways to prepare food. Mike’s mistake was saying the words “stir fry”, had he known her reaction he would have been better off making up a term for the cooking method that wouldn’t have set her off and they could have had a very tasty and healthy dinner. High fives all around! 

If only he said saute... then I'd have those 5 minutes of my life back

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, JLaw said:

If only he said saute... then I'd have those 5 minutes of my life back

Not really in the Mike vocab.

You know, Mike being all impatient because Natalie assumes "stir fry" indicates the food will be fried isn't any better than that idiot Jovi putting Yara down for having the preposterous notion that root beer might be some kind of alcoholic beverage.

They both rolled their eyes as though "duuuuh, these women are so stoopid."  

On 1/23/2021 at 5:14 PM, Shelbie said:

Every home in Canada that uses bagged milk has a jug the bag goes into. You can get the jugs from a dollar store or stainless steel (my favourite) up to expensive porcelain ones. You plop the bag in the jug and cut the corner and you’re ready to pour.

It was a few years ago when I encountered the bagged milk, and I asked the only person I knew in Toronto how to handle it.  She said (with a little bit of a "duh" inflection), "We put it in a pitcher."  Still didn't seem like a great solution, because it was awkward to cut the corner and pour it into a different vessel.  Not until just now, when I was looking for a photo to post here, did I find out you put the bag in a pitcher.  So obviously not "duh" to me.  😀

So now I know that.  But what I still don't know is how you deal with the clipped corner.  Do you somehow close it up when you put it back in the refrigerator, or do you just leave it open?

And wasn't that a gallon of milk that Rebecca had?  Seems like a lot for a single person, or even a couple, unless they drink milk with meals, which not a lot of adults do.  If it was a gallon, I wonder if Zied wasn't taken by just the sheer size of it.

1 hour ago, candall said:

You know, Mike being all impatient because Natalie assumes "stir fry" indicates the food will be fried isn't any better than that idiot Jovi putting Yara down for having the preposterous notion that root beer might be some kind of alcoholic beverage.

They both rolled their eyes as though "duuuuh, these women are so stoopid."  

Actually, that was Natalie who didn't understand that root beer isn't alcoholic--it was when she and Mike had dinner at the brew pub when they went to Snoqualmie Falls, and the waiter mentioned a root beer float for dessert.  Mike did a terrible job of explaining to her what "root beer" is, just like he did a bad job of talking her off the ledge over "stir fry."  I don't think he likes her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

You just leave the bag open. You don’t cut a huge hole, just a small slit.

I know you know this because you’ve seen it but for others wondering there are 3 individual bags of milk inside the big bag.

• Useful 3

I can't be the only one who guffawed when Natalie, tearing apart Mike's house during a futile search for her purloined ring, impatiently pushed aside a cross and a Virgin Mary statue to get into a cabinet.

I don't find Mike remotely attractive, but Natalie knew exactly what she was getting in him, and NOTHING makes her happy. EVER. There will always something about Mike that requires fixing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2021 at 8:27 PM, Frozendiva said:

I'm in Western Canada. We get cartons or jugs. No bagged milk. I did live in Toronto for a bit, so experienced it there. We also pay a 10 cent or 25 cent deposit on each container and are refunded when we take them to the bottle depot (we do have to rinse them out so they don't smell).

I came across the BEST tool for slicing open bags in the kitchen.  It's a small, maybe 2" hook-shaped doohickey with a protected blade that just slides across any plastic to open cake mix, potato chips, etc.,  It's got a hook on one side and a magnet on the other so it "lives" right on the 'fridge.  I've been desperately trying to find more since my blade is going dull.  I only recently learned that it's a milk bag opener from Canada!  I need to get my hands on some more!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Chickabiddy count me as another who loves & misses the Crescent city!  I lived in NOLA for 22yrs. (graduated from Tulane).  ITA that there is so much to see, do (not to mention eat!) in the city besides just spending every day in the Quarter. Tara's English is fairly decent, I feel she could find her way around. There's so much to do/see just by taking the streetcar.  I get a feeling these two aren't going to work out. I don't wish to stereotype, but I've known plenty of guys like BonJovi (and was married to one for a few years).  In my experience they never grow out of their hard partying ways. 

I currently live in Utah, but my heart remains in NOLA.  I plan to move back when I retire.  So I totally "get" Jovi's reluctance to move elsewhere.  I'm not a big fan of Yara, I couldn't believe she started bitching as soon as she walked in his apartment on day one. It's BonJovi's home, if he's OK wearing shoes in his home so be it.

I"m having a hard time with the majority of these couples this season.  Brandon (who looks & acts like he's a ten year old) is totally.lacking a spine & his gonads.  The "farm" his dad said could be "all hiseventually" appears to be nothing more than a hobby farm.  I've not seen any evidence of the family having 50 head of cattle or crops to tend. Brandon seems to have little interest in it.  He needs to put on his big boy pants, move & get far away as possible from Mrs. & Mr. Dysfunctional ASAP.  

Dear Mike, I think you need to ditch Natalie. (BTW, I'm available,  I don't play games & wouldn't be opposed to live in the country).  I wouldn't restrict your meat eating and would be happy to share a couple beers with you.  BTW, feel free to invite your Uncle back to stay w/us.  I still don't  know what Natalie's doing there.  She blew it when she started the argument & threw the engagement ring back to him has he was heading back to the States. She needs to realize actions have consequences.  Yet another unpleasant woman from Ukraine.(does TLC search for these Debbie Downers?) . 

Do any of these women research where they'll be living before they come here?  It seems (especially this season) most expect to be living glamour filled lives in big cities, like NYC or LA. 

Outside of Jovi, Mike & Brandon I"m not interested in the rest of them.  The idiotic woman from Michigan (can't remember her name) who is dating her boy toy in Belize is delusional.   Hopefully, her business selling anti-aging treatments is doing well.  "Love" has blinded her.  If I heard correctly, not only is she  she sending money to his family and also paying  his salary for a job at her friend's hotel?  She reminds me of a combo of Molly & Stacy.  Why can't see these women 'get' that for the these younger guys only interest is getting to the U.S?.  I wonder how many days it will it be before the $$$ watch she gave him is "lost"? (He probably sells them once his Sugar Mommy goes home). 

Rebecxa & Zied.  I don't get what the big deal  is about living in the same apartment building as she did with her Ex? (I assume he doesn't live there currently).  My significant other & I live in the same house he lived w/his first wife.  I have no problem w/ that.  I did think it was odd she hadn't furnished the apartment at least with a sofa & TV or shown him the what was in kitchen.

Tarik & Hazel - not judging their lifestyle choice, but hope they llimit their activities to days when he doesn't have his daughter.  I think it would be confusing for a child w/o autism to understand why two women were now living there.

Andrew & Amira - total fast forward for me. I have a feeling that there was more going on here than her just having a one way ticket.  I think.Andrew isn't committed.  He made zero effort to go to sort things out when she was detained at airport, I think most people would fly there for both moral support at least.  When she finally was released, he decided he'd just stay at the resort for a few days , got a massage and enjoyed himself.  Amira, listen to your dad, Andrew isn't a man, definitely not worth your time or energy.  Find someone nice in France.

Edited by String Theory
  • Love 10
On 23/01/2021 at 8:44 AM, Malvina said:

I imagine he talked about tetra packs?

Something like that

84926E2E-A6A0-4760-B0F8-6ACEDCCEF085.jpeg

Reddit is on fire

F2982279-D2C5-4DF4-B4A0-E7234AC3D913.jpeg

Regular milk i.e. fresh milk also comes in tetra packs on many countries. Better than plastic!

• Useful 1
On 1/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

It doesn't matter what Julia's plans are after she and Brandon get married, though. Not one iota. That's between them. Who knows what they've discussed wrt their future? Though of course this show loves to paint the foreign fiancees as lazy wasters, but Julia seems like a perfectly nice, agreeable girl who wants to get along. I don't see her chagrin at being expected to work full time wrangling livestock as laziness, slovenliness, or diva behavior. It doesn't excuse her future in-laws' rudeness to Julia, who is their guest. She said in her talking heads that she does help out. If I have a houseguest I'm delighted if they pitch in, do dishes, cook a meal. I don't expect them to do my laundry and shoulder my household burdens. I don't expect them to get up at the same time as me and abide by my schedule. And I certainly don't begrudge them every bite of food they eat or every drop of hot water they use. Seems pretty harsh to judge Julia, who has borne mockery, rudeness, and humiliation on the part of Brandon and his family with aplomb and without losing her temper. I don't see the problem with Brandon bringing her a cup of tea in the morning, so they can spend a little time alone together. He works full time and his parents are full time cockblocks the rest of the time. 

I'll tell you one thing, though. Brandon has not uttered one syllable to his parents about what they plan to do after they marry. Because they will spend every waking moment undermining, doubting and laughing at their choices. 

Seems like Brandon doesn’t have a mind of his own.  He has to put his “ big boy” pants on and figure out his life.  What I want to know is, go the parents have jobs outside the farm?  If so, the farm, if you all it that, is a hobby.  Brandon has an eight hour job.  He does more than helping out by getting up early and doing farm work, then doing more farm work after coming home from his job.  These parents are control freaks.  Screw the farm.  That’s the parents problem.  If I was Julia, I would have sat and had my tea and breakfast.  I would not let Betty order me to start feeding the animals while she was drinking HER coffee.  Those two parents are insane, if all this is true.  It looks scripted to me.

• Love 4
On 1/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, String Theory said:

@Chickabiddy count me as another who loves & misses the Crescent city!  I lived in NOLA for 22yrs. (graduated from Tulane).  ITA that there is so much to see, do (not to mention eat!) in the city besides just spending every day in the Quarter. Tara's English is fairly decent, I feel she could find her way around. There's so much to do/see just by taking the streetcar.  I get a feeling these two aren't going to work out. I don't wish to stereotype, but I've known plenty of guys like BonJovi (and was married to one for a few years).  In my experience they never grow out of their hard partying ways. 

I currently live in Utah, but my heart remains in NOLA.  I plan to move back when I retire.  So I totally "get" Jovi's reluctance to move elsewhere.  I'm not a big fan of Yara, I couldn't believe she started bitching as soon as she walked in his apartment on day one. It's BonJovi's home, if he's OK wearing shoes in his home so be it.

I"m having a hard time with the majority of these couples this season.  Brandon (who looks & acts like he's a ten year old) is totally.lacking a spine & his gonads.  The "farm" his dad said could be "all hiseventually" appears to be nothing more than a hobby farm.  I've not seen any evidence of the family having 50 head of cattle or crops to tend. Brandon seems to have little interest in it.  He needs to put on his big boy pants, move & get far away as possible from Mrs. & Mr. Dysfunctional ASAP.  

Dear Mike, I think you need to ditch Natalie. (BTW, I'm available,  I don't play games & wouldn't be opposed to live in the country).  I wouldn't restrict your meat eating and would be happy to share a couple beers with you.  BTW, feel free to invite your Uncle back to stay w/us.  I still don't  know what Natalie's doing there.  She blew it when she started the argument & threw the engagement ring back to him has he was heading back to the States. She needs to realize actions have consequences.  Yet another unpleasant woman from Ukraine.(does TLC search for these Debbie Downers?) . 

Do any of these women research where they'll be living before they come here?  It seems (especially this season) most expect to be living glamour filled lives in big cities, like NYC or LA. 

Outside of Jovi, Mike & Brandon I"m not interested in the rest of them.  The idiotic woman from Michigan (can't remember her name) who is dating her boy toy in Belize is delusional.   Hopefully, her business selling anti-aging treatments is doing well.  "Love" has blinded her.  If I heard correctly, not only is she  she sending money to his family and also paying  his salary for a job at her friend's hotel?  She reminds me of a combo of Molly & Stacy.  Why can't see these women 'get' that for the these younger guys only interest is getting to the U.S?.  I wonder how many days it will it be before the $$$ watch she gave him is "lost"? (He probably sells them once his Sugar Mommy goes home). 

Rebecxa & Zied.  I don't get what the big deal  is about living in the same apartment building as she did with her Ex? (I assume he doesn't live there currently).  My significant other & I live in the same house he lived w/his first wife.  I have no problem w/ that.  I did think it was odd she hadn't furnished the apartment at least with a sofa & TV or shown him the what was in kitchen.

Tarik & Hazel - not judging their lifestyle choice, but hope they llimit their activities to days when he doesn't have his daughter.  I think it would be confusing for a child w/o autism to understand why two women were now living there.

Andrew & Amira - total fast forward for me. I have a feeling that there was more going on here than her just having a one way ticket.  I think.Andrew isn't committed.  He made zero effort to go to sort things out when she was detained at airport, I think most people would fly there for both moral support at least.  When she finally was released, he decided he'd just stay at the resort for a few days , got a massage and enjoyed himself.  Amira, listen to your dad, Andrew isn't a man, definitely not worth your time or energy.  Find someone nice in France.

GREAT post.  You said it all.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2021 at 9:22 PM, the-grey-lady said:

I can't be the only one who guffawed when Natalie, tearing apart Mike's house during a futile search for her purloined ring, impatiently pushed aside a cross and a Virgin Mary statue to get into a cabinet.

I don't find Mike remotely attractive, but Natalie knew exactly what she was getting in him, and NOTHING makes her happy. EVER. There will always something about Mike that requires fixing.

I think she’s lying about being so religious.  No priest?  She’s everything a man doesn’t want.  He will be so sorry.

@Silver Bells, now that you mention it, I’m surprised Nat didn’t make Mike drive her to the nearest church so she could meet the priests and introduce him to the local faith.  My mom had a friend who was an eastern euro immigrant and she would walk to church every single morning.  Now I don’t expect that from Natalie but I do expect her to start going to church every Sunday, just to give herself something ELSE to guilt Mike about.  That’s if she really is what she says she is...

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Colfrmb said:

@Silver Bells, now that you mention it, I’m surprised Nat didn’t make Mike drive her to the nearest church so she could meet the priests and introduce him to the local faith.  My mom had a friend who was an eastern euro immigrant and she would walk to church every single morning.  Now I don’t expect that from Natalie but I do expect her to start going to church every Sunday, just to give herself something ELSE to guilt Mike about.  That’s if she really is what she says she is...

Except when she started complaining to the priests that she has no ring, they'll tell her she shouldn't be "living in sin."

Cafeteria Christianity.  Choose the parts you like.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Except when she started complaining to the priests that she has no ring, they'll tell her she shouldn't be "living in sin."

Cafeteria Christianity.  Choose the parts you like.  

Natalie and that stupid ring which means nothing.  I only hope he doesn’t give it to her.  How much verbal abuse will he take from her.  He’s a stupid ass too.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, AZChristian said:

IMO, that blonde woman they showed "helping out" with the animals while they were away was actually an employee who did (for pay) what they want Julia to do (for room and board).

Oh yes, Aspen. I think she's buried under the chicken coop. 

On 1/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

And wasn't that a gallon of milk that Rebecca had?  Seems like a lot for a single person, or even a couple, unless they drink milk with meals, which not a lot of adults do.  If it was a gallon, I wonder if Zied wasn't taken by just the sheer size of it.

I buy a gallon of milk every week. We only use it for our coffee, and the occasional bowl of cereal, we have no problem using it up. 

On 1/26/2021 at 9:26 AM, String Theory said:

Short answer, yes. Xenophobia is Sharp's number one motivator. 

Mike/Natalie note, I just discovered today that Sequim, Washington is a hotbed of QAnon activity and white supremacist groups. Our lad Mike, who already flirts with various cockamamie ideas, could maybe be a Proud Boy. Could be one reason he wants a blond, blue eyed Aryan woman. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I buy a gallon of milk every week. We only use it for our coffee, and the occasional bowl of cereal, we have no problem using it up. 

That's over 2 cups of milk a day.  I don't drink coffee, but don't people usually just put a splash in?  Mr. Outlier and I go through about a gallon of milk a week, and we drink it with some meals, and the occasional bowl of cereal.

On 1/19/2021 at 5:27 PM, Chellichik said:

How long is she considered a "guest"?  A week?  If they are still living there in 6 months, is she still a guest who is not expected to lift a finger to help out in any way whatsoever?  Bottom line is they are living in his parents' house.  If they want to live according to their own rules, GET YOUR OWN HOME.

If Julia was there visiting for a few weeks, I would agree with you 100%.  However, she is not there is a guest visitor.  She is there as part of the family and that means participating as a family member.  I think they should have given her at least a week or so to get acclimated to how they live and then start slowly pitching in here or there.

I don't dislike Julia.  I just think there are two sides to this and she could help to make the situation easier for everyone.

But the reason they are all on the show is Julia. So, really, they could hire someone with their 90 Day money. Maybe if they were only controlling of Julia in that one way - expecting her to feed the animals, etc. - that would be okay - but they're controlling everything. If she's paying off her stay by working, she should be able to sleep with her fiance. #freeJulia

On 1/21/2021 at 2:32 PM, heatherchandler said:

I am dying!

8AC24895-DD8F-460C-9CA4-8F60755BAA76.jpeg

ETA- I love how they made sure to have the shopping cart included too.

Someone please tell Rebecca (whom I think I like more than most people online do) that a Poang chair from Ikea is inexpensive (under $100 - cheap for an armchair) and VERY comfortable. I've fallen asleep in mine.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Someone please tell Rebecca (whom I think I like more than most people online do) that a Poang chair from Ikea is inexpensive (under $100 - cheap for an armchair) and VERY comfortable. I've fallen asleep in mine.

We have two - with matching footstools - out in our enclosed Arizona room.  VERY comfy.  Definitely more comfy than sitting on the floor.  There IS an Ikea store in Georgia, so they need to hustle over there and get some furnishings.

• Love 1
On 1/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, endure said:

T  I can't look at Jovi without seeing him as probably a long time thumb sucker. 

I seem to be feeling sorry for all the foreign girls.

Jovi always give me low rent Ducky vibes and Jon Cryer ought to sue.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2