Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: To Save A Life

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Bull and Chunk represent an emergency room doctor being sued for malpractice after she ignored direct orders to save one near-death patient in favor of helping another who was also critically injured. As voir dire begins, they look to select jurors who can consider the idea that their client made the best decision possible amidst an impossible situation.

Bull is becoming superfluous on his own show and in his own company.  He even had a little hissy fit to that effect in this last episode, when he dressed Chunk down in the car--and Benny as well, to some extent.  I'm glad Chunk is a very confident man, otherwise as a green attorney he might otherwise have been very chastised and diminished by how Bull treated him.  Even Benny looked uncomfortable.

I'm loving the Benny/Chunk camaraderie, their brethren of legal eagles, their bar-mance.  I'm in for a spinoff show about a start-up law firm partnership between them if they drag Taylor and Danny along with them.  Leave Bull with his baggage and Marissa with her baggage behind at TAC.

As for the case, my first thought was "wow, that patient going to the OR with the first doctor must be really critical if these other two are second and third priority" but I have a wee bit of experience with triage, so that's what popped into my head.   I liked how we could see Chunk trying on some Benny-lite strategies and plays.  I loved Chunk's glee and exhilaration at winning his case, Christopher Jackson just totally sold it with his euphoria and beaming face.  He radiated joy.  I also liked that Benny recognized it, but elected not to pop his balloon but let him continue to soar.  Time enough for more "bank shot" advice later on.

• Love 4

I love the character of Chunk, and Christopher Jackson is a great actor who really was able to portray a new, but confident, lawyer.  It seems that Chunk has good instincts in court. Benny was great in his support of Chunk, while giving him a gentle reminder to not be too over confident. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I'm loving the Benny/Chunk camaraderie, their brethren of legal eagles, their bar-mance.  I'm in for a spinoff show about a start-up law firm partnership between them if they drag Taylor and Danny along with them.  Leave Bull with his baggage and Marissa with her baggage behind at TAC.

I would ABSOLUTELY watch that show!

10 hours ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I love the character of Chunk, and Christopher Jackson is a great actor who really was able to portray a new, but confident, lawyer.  It seems that Chunk has good instincts in court. Benny was great in his support of Chunk, while giving him a gentle reminder to not be too over confident. 

It almost feels as though the main twosome of the show is shifting from Bull and Benny to Benny and Chunk, and I'm here for it!

• Love 3