Type keyword(s) to search

Envisioning What's Next: Speculation With Spoilers

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

Monica confirmed that the twins were real. She helped birth them, and later we saw them grow on their own. 

And yet they were warned to stay away from the boundary road that Vision crossed and started to disintegrate. Why warn them if the same thing wouldn't happen to them. Perhaps they are also constructs of the Hex and not real.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Monica confirmed that the twins were real. She helped birth them, and later we saw them grow on their own. 

Monica is not 100% reliable on this, because in typical unreal sitcom fashion she magically pulled out babies that were months old instead of newborns. So there's an aura of unreality over the whole birth. 

• Love 5

Well I'm going meta and declaring that they twins are some version of "real" because Marvel is very clearly setting up Young Avengers. What happens to them in between now and then could be anything though and very tragic. Nor do I think they're just going to be random kids Wanda kidnapped, the "for the children" and Wanda being pregnant right after she and Vision said it together points to their children in some form. 

I'm really not sure Wanda is going to spend DS2/Phase 4 as a villain. It's certainly possible if she loses everything again but this show has been moving her through the 5 stages of grief and we've already seen her unleash her pain and anguish on Westview, albeit accidentally at first. 

I suppose she could embrace her destiny as The Scarlet Witch and go off with Agatha on a multiverse rampage causing trouble for Strange and Wong but I don't get the sense that's where they're going with her. I could be wrong though. 

• Love 3

I don't mind if the show sets up events for Doctor Strange 2, but what I do mind is if the set up is a major cliffhanger that only seeing Doctor Strange 2 can resolve. Except for Infinity War (and maybe Thor Ragnorak), I technically can watch all the Marvel movies as stand alone and have decent closure at the end of each movie but still have a desire to see more. I'm just hoping for a general conclusion to a TV series that is satisfying by itself.

Oh and I want the twins to still be a thing. Even if it ends in them be teleported to a multiverse somewhere. As long as they are still in existence I will be happy.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I'm really not sure Wanda is going to spend DS2/Phase 4 as a villain. It's certainly possible if she loses everything again but this show has been moving her through the 5 stages of grief and we've already seen her unleash her pain and anguish on Westview, albeit accidentally at first. 

I suppose she could embrace her destiny as The Scarlet Witch and go off with Agatha on a multiverse rampage causing trouble for Strange and Wong but I don't get the sense that's where they're going with her. I could be wrong though. 

You're probably right. Wanda becoming a temporary villain for Phase 4 is just my own wishful thinking since I feel it would be more interesting to see a hero turned villain in the MCU (even if temporary). But the safer option for Kevin Feige would be using Mephisto as the main villain, thus leading him to become the new Thanos.

At least until Kang the Conqueror or Galactus become available down the line in Phase 5 anyway.

1 hour ago, MagnusHex said:

You're probably right. Wanda becoming a temporary villain for Phase 4 is just my own wishful thinking since I feel it would be more interesting to see a hero turned villain in the MCU (even if temporary). But the safer option for Kevin Feige would be using Mephisto as the main villain, thus leading him to become the new Thanos.

Yeah,that could be interesting but isn't worth the hassle.  The outcry would be that of course it's a female who can't handle the emotional turmoil and becomes evil - what a bunch of sexist pigs.  Meanwhile Hawkeye goes on a murderous rampage but gets that wrapped up in about 5 minutes of screen time, plus he's still a hero who gets his family back.  Cap heading back to live his life out with some alternate Peggy is an uplifting ending to his story (I guess moving on only applies to the ladies, right?), etc.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Featherhat said:

DS2/Phase 4 as a villain. It's certainly possible if she loses everything again but this show has been moving her through the 5 stages of grief and we've already seen her unleash her pain and anguish on Westview, albeit accidentally at first. 

I doubt Wanda will be a villain for Phase 4, I don't consider her a villain now.  I'm assuming the season ends with Wanda realizing she's done wrong, she's hurt people in her attempt to hide from grief/pain and she makes amends somehow

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Yeah,that could be interesting but isn't worth the hassle.  The outcry would be that of course it's a female who can't handle the emotional turmoil and becomes evil - what a bunch of sexist pigs.  Meanwhile Hawkeye goes on a murderous rampage but gets that wrapped up in about 5 minutes of screen time, plus he's still a hero who gets his family back.  Cap heading back to live his life out with some alternate Peggy is an uplifting ending to his story (I guess moving on only applies to the ladies, right?), etc.

Yup I would be annoyed. Seriously. 

I think EO would do a great job as a villainous or antagonist Wanda but I would be annoyed if the premise of this show is "Wanda goes crazy with grief over losing Vision several times and her kids and decides to go out right villain and deliberately try to kill/hurt people with her dark magic powers". It was a tired cliche when Whedon did it with Willow 20 years ago and it has only become more so. Meanwhile Clint has his family back and is training his replacement. 

Or Loki is on chance 1007 and chronologically just after trying to enslave the Earth and whilst he's probably not going to be a "good guy" he will probably be the charming anti hero. Both will probably face challenges and maybe the consequences of their actions but it doesn't seem like either are getting a villain edit either. 

I think there are a lot of interesting places they can take Wanda, including further grey spaces like some of this show without her turning villain then getting a quick redemption story. 

• Love 6

I still don't foresee Wanda being a villain, even temporarily, in DS2. I'm assuming we're already getting "friend turned foe" with Mordo, otherwise that's a huge dropped plot from the first movie.

I was thinking over the weekend about how they could do a second season if they wanted to, obviously depending on what happens in the finale. Assuming there's no merging of the two Visions, if it turns out Vision can't exist outside the hex, Wanda makes peace with the fact that "her" Vision is dead and moves on with her life. But perhaps Westview remains under some sort of mini-hex where people (other than Vision) can now enter/leave town at will and in full control of their lives. While Wanda is off continuing to fight evil in the MCU movies, Vision stays in Westview only to wake up one day to find he suddenly has his synthezoid family from the comics. Mystery would be where did they come from? Wanda's the first guess, but it eventually becomes apparent that it wasn't her doing. And perhaps there's a mysterious teenage boy down the street named Victor, with an even more mysterious father played by James Spader who takes an unusual interest in Vision and his new family...

Problem with my theory is it'd come across as a reboot of Wandavision with much less Wanda (probably would even require a reworked title), which won't appeal to a lot of people. And also I don't know that Wanda would leave Vision if he still existed.

I have thought long over the notion of Wanda as a villain...and I have decided that I wouldn't like it if they go the path. And here is why: A big part of her story is the fact that other people fear her due to her power and that she has trouble dealing with this. This was even one of the issues addressed in her fantasy world when the magic show succeeded and they got accepted by community after she and Vision were just "acting like themselves". If she would now go fully villain, thus proving everyone who ever portrayed her as some sort of uncontrollable weapon right, it would really undermine the potential message in her arc.

Also the way the story is set up so far, the only way to solve it properly is if Monica is proven right and Wanda "is the solution" in the end.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Also the way the story is set up so far, the only way to solve it properly is if Monica is proven right and Wanda "is the solution" in the end.

And that Monica went in there because she shared Wanda's grief. They would screw over 2 characters by making Wanda a villain. Which I really don't see anything about this that showed her being evil, just messed up. 

I do wonder if Wanda will need to go to the Sanctum Sanctorum to be monitored/trained/controlled? If WandaVision leads into Dr. Strange 2, then I could see it ending with Strange taking "custody" of Wanda

• Love 4
3 hours ago, swanpride said:

I have thought long over the notion of Wanda as a villain...and I have decided that I wouldn't like it if they go the path. And here is why: A big part of her story is the fact that other people fear her due to her power and that she has trouble dealing with this.

It's not just that she doesn't like being feared, it's that so many people--on both sides, I think--see her as a weapon but not really as a person, and certainly not as a young woman who has had a very difficult life. I would hate the story to justify that view, that she was always destined to be a dangerous weapon and not that she is a person first. 

• Love 10

Anyone else just totally obsessed with this cameo?  Yes, I'm excited for the season finale, I want to see how it all works out (although 1 episode doesn't seem enough to wrap it all up). However, it's 2 days away and all I can think about is, we finally find out who the "Skywalker" Cameo is! 😂

• Love 1

Anyone else just totally obsessed with this cameo?  Yes, I'm excited for the season finale, I want to see how it all works out (although 1 episode doesn't seem enough to wrap it all up). However, it's 2 days away and all I can think about is, we finally find out who the "Skywalker" Cameo is! 😂

I will be immensely irritated and possibly also cackle if the cameo turns out to be Paul Bettany himself as White Vision. That would be some first class trolling on his part.

I also still want to know who the Witness Protection dude is, who Monica's aerospace engineer guy is, what's up with Dottie because Emma Caufield has been wasted if she's just a random resident, and is Ralph a real person and if so, who?

Completely off the wall theory: the Cameo might by Dick van Dyke.

I think I would randomly yodel if DvD shows up!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, swanpride said:

Completely off the wall theory: the Cameo might by Dick van Dyke.

Amusing idea, but in the timeframe of the show he'd be 99 years old. I assume you mean he'd appear as himself, to align with his sitcom being the keystone for all of this.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I do wonder if Wanda will need to go to the Sanctum Sanctorum to be monitored/trained/controlled? If WandaVision leads into Dr. Strange 2, then I could see it ending with Strange taking "custody" of Wanda

Her going to get training from Dr Strange would make a lot of sense. Part of Wanda's problem is that she has all this magical power without the training a normal person (a normal person in the MCU at least) needs to have, so she isn't good at controlling it. Also, it would have a definitive conclusion to this story, and lead into her involvement in the next Dr Strange movie.

Regarding the twins vs the new Vision. Wanda made Vision out of thin air, but was actually pregnant with the twins. Could that make them more 'real' than he is?

• Love 2

Speculation with spoilers re the finale, slightly more than 24 hours before it drops, for what it's worth:

I don't think we'll get any major new guest characters in the main episode, except possibly Dr. Strange and his crew.  I think that Vision will die again, but Wanda will learn that he's not truly dead because a part of him will always be with her, and

Spoiler

her costume

will be an homage to him, being the same color as his "flesh" if ads are accurate.  

There will be a lot of spectacle, but the ending (of the main story, at least) will be quiet, given the overarching theme.  Wanda will be again standing in an empty lot, only this time she'll have Monica nearby to comfort her.  I don't think it's a coincidence that the MCU made Monica the one who delivered Wanda's babies when it could have easily been Agnes; they intended for the two characters to form a bond.  Hopefully it will be a start of the second-wave Avengers.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

Speculation with spoilers re the finale, slightly more than 24 hours before it drops, for what it's worth:

I don't think we'll get any major new guest characters in the main episode, except possibly Dr. Strange and his crew.  I think that Vision will die again, but Wanda will learn that he's not truly dead because a part of him will always be with her, and

Reveal spoiler

her costume

will be an homage to him, being the same color as his "flesh" if ads are accurate.  

There will be a lot of spectacle, but the ending (of the main story, at least) will be quiet, given the overarching theme.  Wanda will be again standing in an empty lot, only this time she'll have Monica nearby to comfort her.  I don't think it's a coincidence that the MCU made Monica the one who delivered Wanda's babies when it could have easily been Agnes; they intended for the two characters to form a bond.  Hopefully it will be a start of the second-wave Avengers.

There's been a lot of talk about how Wanda escapes consequences, and one of my half formed ideas was that maybe she'd wind up back where she started, and made it so it never happened. 

Removing the trauma she made other people suffer, but also freeing her. 

This would only be possible because she initiated all of this with a Hex. She couldn't randomly do this for any old thing in the universe she wanted to erase. Only for things in reality she causes via her Hexes. This has the side effect of helping illustrate the parameters of her powers. Like Dr. Strange she can test out scenarios without committing to them, in her own way (he just visualizes them, she plays them out but rolls them back). 

I don't think Monica would be there at the empty lot, but a small followup scene might have one of the two of them finding the other. This could include Monica holding onto the memories even if not everybody else does. Wanda's purpose in that?  To make sure someone keeps Hayward in check. Actually, the two don't even have to see each other again. A simple scene with Monica elsewhere, "waking up" with the memories would be enough. An echo of her unblip scene, if you will. 

As for Monica's powers?  We either learn she always had them, or it's implied she's going to get them eventually anyway (Captain Marvel 2?) This would allow WandaVision to matter for character building, but also defer an important future character from having to rely on a TV show for a power origin. Remember, Disney didn't know for sure how well received WandaVision would be, especially when originally greenlighting the writing. This kind of plan would have allowed them to have their cake and eat it too. 

If Agatha suffers some fate, that perhaps would also remain, since its a magic penalty not a real world one. Wherever she was pre Hex, maybe she's there again, in some kind of stasis, waiting for Wanda to deal with her. 

This also assumes they pick an ending where Wanda really DOES have to let Vision die again.  But think about it. Even rewound, she now knows Hayward has his body. And that his spirit can be recreated from the Yellow energy. So why can't she rewind Westview but this time (with better planning) actually go get the body? And recreate him that way. Westview is undone, because morally it HAS to be, but she directly does what she always should have instead. 

The kids become a hanging plot thread. They never existed. But again, Wanda now knows they CAN exist. A small victory, and with a possible post credit scene where they re-form without her knowing it.  Cliffhanger! 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, Abra said:

I also still want to know who the Witness Protection dude is, who Monica's aerospace engineer guy is, what's up with Dottie because Emma Caufield has been wasted if she's just a random resident, and is Ralph a real person and if so, who?

There are SO MANY unanswered questions I can't see them all being answered in the last episode, which is going to be immensely frustrating! (hopefully future movies or a season 2 gets at them, but I have the horrible feeling a lot of them will just get left)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kromm said:

There's been a lot of talk about how Wanda escapes consequences, and one of my half formed ideas was that maybe she'd wind up back where she started, and made it so it never happened. 

Removing the trauma she made other people suffer, but also freeing her. 

I really hope they don't do that. It's a copout, IMO. If you're going to have a character go bad/grey then commit to it and, have them deal with the fallout. Washing it away with an oh it never happened/it was all a dream, just cheapens it, IMO.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, shantown said:

There are SO MANY unanswered questions I can't see them all being answered in the last episode, which is going to be immensely frustrating! (hopefully future movies or a season 2 gets at them, but I have the horrible feeling a lot of them will just get left)

Yea, I'm trying to remind myself that a lot of the questions I would like answered are likely red herring type things that are irrelevant to the writers (Is Ralph real? Who was the witness protection guy? Where did the bee keeper end up? etc.) or things that I'm just making into something more than they actually are like Dottie being significant.

• Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

things that I'm just making into something more than they actually are like Dottie being significant.

Emma Caulfield. I don't think they would cast her without there being some significance. They had to know the audience would know her and her past work, but if she auditioned she wasn't given the role to troll us. Unlike Evan Peters who was definitely only cast for the prior role, as important as that prior role may turn out to be. She's not Anya here, but she's not unknown.

Edited by Ailianna
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Emma Caulfield. I don't think they are so let's they would cast her without there being done significance.

In a lot of procedurals you can tell who the killer is because only one suspect is a well known actor. So, perhaps Emma Caulfield was hired in part to create doubt about Kathryn Hahn being the villain.

• Useful 4
11 hours ago, Ailianna said:

Emma Caulfield. I don't think they would cast her without there being some significance.

Simple. She wasn't Arcana Jones, or any of the other fancy theories. She was cast because she's a decent actress and they needed a few specific lines delivered well. 

And also real world (and I should have posted this before the last episode but forgot) she was cast because she was the lead actress in Jac Schaeffer's Independent Film, "Timer". You know. The Jac Schaeffer who was the show runner here.

• Love 2
(edited)

Teyonah Parris (Monica) was announced for Captain Marvel 2, but is she gonna be in Secret Invasion??? 

also, personal tally of my speculations:

• studio audience revealed: nope. (but the set did make an appearance, albeit in Agatha's magic mind palace setting, not any kind of reality)
  • Vision restored to full life: yup
  • 80s episode video look: nope
  • Hayward a Skrull? nope.
  • Modern Family but with the AD opening sequence: it was Modern Family but with the Happy Endings opening sequence.
  • Agnes didn't lose her powers in ep 3. She was a witch but had powers all along.
  • Jimmy never did a nod to Fresh Off The Boat (or even "Asian Jim" from that iconic The Office cold open) and Darcy's brief turn as a WandaVision character was kinda Max-like but no nod to the waitress outfit.
  • Wanda with the comics headdress but in magic energy: both true and false, because it occurred but then Wanda manifested a physical headdress.

Woof, I missed on nearly everything.

Edited by arc
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 3/4/2021 at 6:15 AM, Kromm said:

If Agatha suffers some fate, that perhaps would also remain, since its a magic penalty not a real world one. Wherever she was pre Hex, maybe she's there again, in some kind of stasis, waiting for Wanda to deal with her. 

She is stuck in that town with no magic and no memory. She became what she was pretending the be the nosy neighbor . wanda took her magic and mind wiped her  ... she is gonna be a plot device moving forward .. they spoon feed it in the dialogue...

Agatha: you will need me ....

Wanda: I know where to find you

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2

Kind of funny that, as Agatha was her teacher in the comics, she also still taught her a lot in the show about her powers and her magic. She did it by manipulating her and trying to suck up her magic, but Wanda did end up learning a lot, and even got herself a nifty new magic book. 

I admit to being bummed about no Mephisto and Ralph and not Pietro basically being red herrings, but I don't want to be right about everything, there's no fun in that. Plus, it seems like they want to explore the magic side of the MCU more as well as the multiverse, so maybe this was all foreshadowing later events? They might want to save big stuff like that for the movies, even now that they are tying the shows and the movies together for real now. 

They actually seem to be heading towards some variation of what went down with Vision and the twins from the comics, with Vision and the big extended Ultron robo family all getting rebooted and put into other forms, and the Billy and Tommy being created by magic then disappearing only to return later through magic reincarnation. I hope they do some variation, I just really want Wanda to get her family back, she really needs the win. She has a cool costume and magic book now at least though. 

• Love 4

There is a lot of discussion about consequences and punishment and the difference between heroes who do wrong and villains. The characters in the discussion have been Wanda, Loki, Bucky, Fury, Clint, and Stark. 5 of which are the stars of Disney+ Avenger tv shows. I can't see that as a coincidence.

Wanda is a damaged women who lost her family. A lot. She's not evil but she was only a superhero because the Avengers became her family. Deep down she's a sweetie -still that little 10 year old waiting for the episode to get to the point that it was all a bad dream. But she's also the 19(?) year old who volunteered to be experimented on by Hydra. And she's the women loved by Vision. Throughout her life her magic has worked subconsciously. Even when she has intent she didn't know it was spell casting. Her shenanigans can be scary but they haven't been to purposely hurt innocent people.

Wanda didn't even know what she did was magic. Her Hexview is scary but not purposely done to hurt like 2012 Loki or like post Infinity War Clint. Though she also wasn't war making to protect the greater good which is how I think we are to see Fury and Stark. And we are to see Bucky as pure victim who had no control but has been affected by what he was made to do. 

Loki and Wanda are both Chaos creators. Loki is the god of mischief purposely using illusion and deception. While Wanda accidently did what Loki used the scepter/Mind Stone to do in the first Avengers movie.  

The more I think about Wanda I fear she hasn't really let herself grieve. Though as a stand alone, the body of Wandavision beautifully shows the stages of grief. But I think Wanda is looking for a way to safely recreate her family. She doesn't want to hurt anyone but she still hears Billy and Tommy cry for help. She might have lost her parents, brother and her version of Vision but her children were created by magic so magic should be a solution to making them real. If she can only stay focused and learn how to wield her power without hurting people.

• Love 4

I can't remember the exact wording, but Agatha mentions that the Scarlet Witch is prophesied to destroy the world. I bet ten bucks that prophecy comes into play with Doctor Strange 2 (unless they mean "the world" as in the Westview she created).

On 2/28/2021 at 6:57 PM, absnow54 said:

Well, it's not as though Monica is necessarily an authority on what is or isn't real.

Which of course begs the question in this context, what do we mean when we say "real?"

There are a lot of different possible definitions.

It could mean "having independent abilities to think and respond to things." In which case, the twins appear to be as real as anyone else.

It could mean "having the ability to exist independent of Wanda's magic." In which case, they are not real. 

Real is probably subjective when we are talking about Chaos magic. But not only did Monica help Wanda give birth, Agatha says The dark hold prophesied the Scarlet Witch as having the ability of spontaneous creation. I think the problem is that Wanda messed up the spell because she didn't even know she was casting a spell. She accidently bound her creation with or within the hex because she links happy and safe to everything fixed by the end of the episode & other sitcom Tropes so that is what the Hex provides. Agatha also says you can't fix a broke spell. So I'm thinking if Wanda didn't get the spell wrong, the boys would be able to live as if they were created the normal way. 

• Love 4

The boys were “real” in that they really were Wanda’s sons, and weren’t mind controlled children that Wanda found in Westview (which was the original context of my quoted post.) We know now that they can’t exist outside of the Hex (yet) which, I agree, makes them being “real” a real stretch. 

The boys were real enough within the Hex that if they'd been struck by those bullets, they would have bled and felt pain and probably died of their wounds. That alone makes shooting at them wrong, whatever else might be argued. Hayward continued shooting (at children) even after Monica jumped in front of them - in other words, he chose to fire his weapon at a colleague (a woman of colour) who had committed no crime, when she tried to defend two children, who had also committed no crime. He then tried to drive a vehicle directly at Monica and the two children, again as a deliberate attempt at murder. There were multiple witnesses to that. He should go down for those crimes alone, never mind spending a couple of years experimenting with the corpse of a sentient being in violation of that being's living will - and then restoring that sentient being to life as a mind-controlled puppet to be used as a weapon, which was way, way outside his authority as acting director.

• Love 7
On 3/5/2021 at 8:15 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

She is stuck in that town with no magic and no memory. She became what she was pretending the be the nosy neighbor . wanda took her magic and mind wiped her  ... she is gonna be a plot device moving forward .. they spoon feed it in the dialogue...

Agatha: you will need me ....

Wanda: I know where to find you

And, it's somewhat hidden at the collar, but "Agnes" does still have Agatha's mother's brooch.

• Love 3
On 3/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, Llywela said:

The boys were real enough within the Hex that if they'd been struck by those bullets, they would have bled and felt pain and probably died of their wounds. That alone makes shooting at them wrong, whatever else might be argued. Hayward continued shooting (at children) even after Monica jumped in front of them - in other words, he chose to fire his weapon at a colleague (a woman of colour) who had committed no crime, when she tried to defend two children, who had also committed no crime. He then tried to drive a vehicle directly at Monica and the two children, again as a deliberate attempt at murder. There were multiple witnesses to that. He should go down for those crimes alone, never mind spending a couple of years experimenting with the corpse of a sentient being in violation of that being's living will - and then restoring that sentient being to life as a mind-controlled puppet to be used as a weapon, which was way, way outside his authority as acting director.

A. We'd be jumping to a conclusion as to what would happen if the bullets struck the twins. It's a reasonable conclusion, even a likely one, but we are just guessing.

B. Sometimes right and wrong is a matter of perspective. Obviously, not an advocate for shooting 10 year old boys, but from Hayward's perspective, those boys mind-froze about a dozen soldiers and stole their guns. That's a potential threat. Again obviously it is cartoonish how Hayward dealt with it, and he should have looked to alternatives. But at least his decision makes sense from a certain point of view. 

C. At least the way I saw the scene, Monica moved far too fast in jumping in front of the bullets for Hayward to have reacted and stopped himself. He did his best to empty his clip, which I'm guessing is just a matter of seconds. And he could not have anticipated that she would get in the path. 

D. I wonder if we were supposed to think Hayward was trying to run the twins and Monica over, or if he was just supposed to be attempting to  bug out. Seems to me that trying to run them over would be a pretty poor strategy, given Pietro's speed, Tommy's telekinesis and Monica's unknown powerset. 

E. Even if we take what Hayward did as an attempt to kill, he would try to justify his actions as per above. Moreover, there aren't that many witnesses. The only ones who would likely testify against him is Monica. Darcy pretty much could not have seen the shooting, just him backing up. We really have to sort of handwave how Darcy was in a position to T-Bone Hayward's vehicle and know that it was Hayward in it. Anyway, there were a bunch of SWORD agents who will likely not be able to testify because they were too busy being mindwhammied, and whose testimony would likely not be very favorable to a prosecution of Hayward. There was one agent who presumably saw what happened and who was in her right mind, but she didn't seem likely to testify against Hayward. Agatha, Wanda, and the Visions were too occupied with their respective fights to know what went on. The townfolk were not around. The twins are between planes of existence at the moment. 

Young Avengers: Leaked MCU Audition Video Reveals Scene With Scarlet Witch Twin Tommy Maximoff
By Russ Milheim     August 03, 2021
https://thedirect.com/article/avengers-young-mcu-leak-scarlet-witch-tommy-maximoff-audition-tape 

One of the biggest moments in Marvel's fourth phase was in their first Disney+ outing, WandaVision, when the show introduced audiences to two of the first Young Avengers to be seen in the MCU: Billy and Tommy Maximoff, Wanda's twins.
The famous Marvel Comics team is clearly something the studio is building towards. Well now, an audition tape has leaked that seems to show a meeting between Tommy and Billy Maximoff––and it's in regard to The Young Avengers.
A newly surfaced leaked audition tape seems to indicate that a Young Avengers project is in fact on its way to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In the video, actor Julien Debaker is seen auditioning for the part of Tommy. The scene, over four minutes long, is potentially from an upcoming Young Avengers project or another Wanda Maximoff project.

For those that know Marvel Comics, Tommy is likely in reference to Tommy Maximoff, AKA Speed. 
The person that Tommy is talking to is later revealed to be Billy, his brother, better known as Marvel superhero Wiccan. Billy looks to have already taken up the mantle, as he remarks to Tommy if he “[saw his] new outfit.”

There’s certainly some tension between the two, with Tommy about to get up and leave halfway through their conversation. That is until Billy begs for him to stay, saying that “it’s about mom.”

This, a clear reference to Wanda Maximoff’s Scarlet Witch, causes Tommy to pause enough to sit back down. Turns out, it's not really about Wanda, and it was a ruse to keep him in his seat for just a few more minutes.

In the dialogue that follows, Tommy indicates that he is happy with his current predicament. According to him, “people actually understand [him there]:”

“People actually understand me here. Out there, they all think I’m crazy and some kind of freak.”

Things clearly weren’t going well for Tommy before landing in what seems to be incarceration. He says that he “was a criminal,” and everything inside where ever he is provides a better livelihood than what he was experiencing before landing there. 

It becomes clear that Billy is there to ask for help. In fact, after Tommy goes off on his brother a little, it becomes all but certain that Billy is trying to get him to join the Young Avengers—who are seemingly already active. 

It’s not an idea Tommy likes, very conceals saying that he’s “not gonna wear a goddamn costume just to help you little friends:”

“But I don’t want to… I’m not gonna wear a goddamn costume just to help your little friends. The same friends that brought me in here. And all of that for what? Just to save people’s asses? It’s… It’s not worth it.”

The scene concludes with Tommy admitting to Billy that he does want to help him, but can’t find the point in it all. The last line is Tommy saying that his brother is “asking the wrong person.”

That's where the audition ends, bringing fans' first look at an unknown project to a close. Surprisingly, the actor reading for the part in the video publicly commented on this video's accidental release.

In his first tweet, Debaker responded to hate that he is receiving from social media users, saying that "to make hateful comments under a video that was not supposed to be seen by some random guys... is something else."
The actor then clarified that "[he has] no idea" if this audition was for a Marvel Studios project, saying "Maybe it is or maybe not."

His final public words about the matter were in the form of a response to another user, where he admitted that he doesn't know if he got the part, saying "We'll see if I get the part or not," indicating that this is for an upcoming project that has yet to film. Spoiler alert, he is almost certainly not getting the part.

(Marvel Universe)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

REPORT: Paul Bettany's Vision to Star in His Own Disney+ MCU Series
BY NOAH DOMINGUEZ  OCTOBER 27, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/report-marvel-studios-vision-quest-series-disney-plus/ 

According to insider Jeff Sneider of The Hot Mic podcast, Marvel Studios is developing a Vision solo series titled Vision Quest (not to be confused with the 1985 Matthew Modine wrestling movie of the same name). "I'm told that next week, Marvel will be opening a writers' room for a Vision show titled Vision Quest," Sneider said. He went on to state that this information is "coming from a good source who has been accurate in the past." Interestingly, Sneider recently correctly reported that Harrison Ford would be joining the MCU as its new Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross, lending credence to his newest scoop.

• Love 1

Vision Series Starring Paul Bettany In Works At Marvel Studios For Disney+
By Nellie Andreeva    October 28, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/10/vision-series-paul-bettany-wandavision-spinoff-marvel-disney-plus-1235157055/ 

A second WandaVision spinoff series focusing on Paul Bettany’s Vision is in the works at Marvel Studios for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.

Titled Vision Quest, the potential series, which is opening a writers room next week, will be about The Vision (Bettany) trying to regain his memory and humanity, I hear. While the focus is on Vision, word is there is a possibility for Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to appear, which would make sense given how interconnected the two characters’ stories are in the MCU.

Like with the other WandaVision spinoff, the greenlighted series Agatha: House of Harkness headlined by Kathryn Hahn, Vision Quest is overseen by WandaVision creator, writer and executive producer Jac Schaeffer, I hear. Reps for Marvel Studios and Bettany declined comment.

The new spinoff is being unofficially referred to by some as the White Vision project after the most recent on-screen version of the character. Introduced at the end of Episode 8 of WandaVision, White Vision was created by S.W.O.R.D. by rebuilding and reactivating Vision’s body and sent on a mission to destroy Wanda and her “Conditional” Vision.

• Love 2