Type keyword(s) to search

Envisioning What's Next: Speculation With Spoilers

• Start Topic

Yes, there is a strong possibility of a Faustian bargain/Monkey's Paw type of situation. Marvel has a villain called Mephisto, who is like the Devil or a devil. 

Mephisto (or some similar entity or thing -- I just watched Doctor Strange, and it occurs to me that Dormammu could be a decent stand-in) could be trying to capitalize on Wanda's grief to manipulate her.

In terms of what the Big Bad might be gettting:

1. Despair of the thousands of people in Westview

2. The chance to mold and manipulate Wanda into doing other evil things

3. A foothold on Earth

4. Draining some of Wanda's excess energy

5. The twins

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Yes, there is a strong possibility of a Faustian bargain/Monkey's Paw type of situation. Marvel has a villain called Mephisto, who is like the Devil or a devil. 

Mephisto (or some similar entity or thing -- I just watched Doctor Strange, and it occurs to me that Dormammu could be a decent stand-in) could be trying to capitalize on Wanda's grief to manipulate her.

In terms of what the Big Bad might be gettting:

1. Despair of the thousands of people in Westview

2. The chance to mold and manipulate Wanda into doing other evil things

3. A foothold on Earth

4. Draining some of Wanda's excess energy

5. The twins

I think Mephisto is a bit of a reach.  There might be some kind of devil/demon influencing Wanda but I think Mephisto himself would be a little too big for this show.  In terms of the mysterious guest star, one possibility would be Tom Hiddleston as Loki.  I don't recall if he and Paul Bettany have ever worked together in the past.  I know the characters of Loki and Vision have yet to cross paths within the MCU.  You do have to admit that "turning a small American town into a sitcom" does have kind of a "God of mischief" aspect to it.  Plus, the Loki series debuts this year and Disney loves them some cross-promotionality. 

I doubt this is what will happen, but who knows?

2 hours ago, johntfs said:

I think Mephisto is a bit of a reach.  There might be some kind of devil/demon influencing Wanda but I think Mephisto himself would be a little too big for this show.

The conflict will not be resolved in this series. Introduce Mephisto, let him take the twins into the Multiverse as a cliffhanger sets up Dr. Strange 2

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, johntfs said:

I think Mephisto is a bit of a reach. 

Mephisto is almost a too obvious choice, actually. 

Assuming we have a Big Bad, we need someone who Wanda cannot simply overpower, someone she could be tempted by, someone who could benefit from this indirect form of manipulation of Wanda (rather than just hypnotizing her to do his bidding, say). Mephisto checks all those boxes. 

Add in a few references to the devil and (I believe) that Wanda and Mephisto have crossed paths before in the comics, and there you have it. 

1 hour ago, swanpride said:

It's a little bit out of the left field, though. I mean, people who just watch the MCU have never heard of Mephisto, having him suddenly turn up would feel like an a.. pull.

Pretty much anyone they would use would be new to people who just watch the MCU except Dormammu, maybe.

Most of the established MCU villains are either dead or don't have the power to create or sustain Westview or to pull people from other dimensions and/or don't have the motive.

Loki? He conceivably could have the power, but it's not his M.O. and it doesn't seem like he would have the opportunity. Loki in this timeline is dead, and alt-Loki is being scooped up in his own series 

Hydra? Its leaders are generally dead and without an Infinity Stone or similar they don't have the juice. It also seems like if they are going to try to manipulate Wanda they would have done so in a more direct way. I had seen speculation that Arnim Zola survived Cap 2 and is behind it, but that doesn't make sense to me. Technically Red Skull is alive but not in a position presumably to have the power to interfere with Wanda orto take notice of who she is. 

Hela? She presumably can't be killed as the Goddess of Death, but deception isn't her style and she isn't in a place where she would really be able to know about Wanda.

Whereas, this fits Mephisto's power level and M.O. to a tee. 

Just so everyone knows I’m terrible at predicting so do not take the following seriously.

I like the theory that Dormammu is involved. Since the original plan was for DS2 to soon follow this show having him return to wreck havoc would make sense. Plus there’s the angle of him breaking the bargain he made with Strange and whatever consequences that come with it.

2 hours ago, paigow said:

"Avengers-Level Threat" Thanos is gone, how many others are left?

• Galactus [Fantastic 4 canon, but who knows now]
  • Kree / Skrulls [Secret Invasion]
  • Kang [Ant-Man 3]
  • Mephisto [????]

There is also The Zodiac but I don't remember a lot about that group. I think they started out as just criminals. But in Avengers Forever one of them has powers. And there is Morgan Le Fay who was the big villain in the first story of Kurt Busiek's Avengers run (she transported the Avengers to an alternate medieval world). Although some googling tells me she was used on Runaways.

I also often wonder if Feige ever considers bringing Ultron back. One of the scariest things about comics Ultron is he keeps uploading his brain into a new computer. And as soon as he builds a new body he is back. Maybe there is a busted smartphone someone in the wreck of Sokovia with Ultron in it. Plus they used Jennifer Connelly (Paul Bettany's) wife in Homecoming. It would be cool if that was more than a throwaway gag. Ultron has made other robots to help him.

Also I know they are tied to the X-Men but there is also the Shi'ar. Operation Galactic Storm would make a great Avengers movie. Especially if Captain Marvel 2 is set in the present what has the Kree Supreme Intelligence been doing a this time?

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

I like the theory that Dormammu is involved. Since the original plan was for DS2 to soon follow this show having him return to wreck havoc would make sense. Plus there’s the angle of him breaking the bargain he made with Strange and whatever consequences that come with it.

I think I would prefer Dormammu over Mephisto especially if it leads to DS2. Just because if DS2 was Strange vs Mephisto fighting another devil would kind of seem like a repeat of the first movie.

Edited by Kel Varnsen

To throw a bit of a wet blanket on the Dormammu theory that I myself raised, here are what I would see as some pros and cons:

Pros:

1. Dormammu is immensely powerful and familiar with other dimensions, so it's certainly possible that he could send X-Universe Pietro  (or a similiar Pietro) to the MCU's dimension. 

2. We know that WandaVision ties into DS2, and having the villain of DS1 be behind WV makes a natural bridge and would carry some level of familiarity for the audience.

3. We know that Dormammu is also about deceptions from DS. 

Cons

1. As far as we know, the existence of the Sanctums keeps Dormammu from directly being involved with things on Earth. (It's possible that Agnes or someone else is acting as an agent/proxy on Earth, though.)

2. Dormammu is as far as we've seenin the comics and in the MCU does not seem clued into human emotions/customs/concepts to be able to conceive/execute the plot of manipulating Wanda through her grief. I haven't read every Dr. Strange comic there is, but I can't say I've ever seen him try to make Faustian bargains with heroes.Whereas that's Mephisto's bread and butter. (Although, again, that part of things could be the doing of Agnes/someone else, and Dormammuu could just be "bankrolling" the agent.)

3. I suppose Dr. Strange has been busy, but it seems like Dormammu would be number one on his watch list of threats to Earth. So it is harder to buy that Dr. Strange would have let Dormammu make moves that swallowed up an entire town a few hundred miles from Strange's place of power. (Whereas Mephisto or a new entity would not necessarily be on Strange's radar). 

But of course if it does turn out to be Dormammu after all, forget all this and hand me a big ol' No-Prize 🙂

• Love 2
8 hours ago, swanpride said:

It's a little bit out of the left field, though. I mean, people who just watch the MCU have never heard of Mephisto, having him suddenly turn up would feel like an a.. pull.

Not if a character like Darcy, who does a lot of exposition for us under the cover of wisecracks and reporting on TV watching, explains "he's like The Devil". Even just as aside that she doesn't know him but he looks or acts like The Devil would be enough. Then at some other point either the character himself, or an associate (let's theoretically say, Agnes) gives us his name. 

Or Agnes herself does all the explaining of how he's The Devil but prefers to be called Mephisto. 

They just need to not overexplain. It can be handled simply. 

11 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Hela? She presumably can't be killed as the Goddess of Death, but deception isn't her style and she isn't in a place where she would really be able to know about Wanda.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I thought Hela was dead too?  If she didn't die in Ragnarok, why did they destroy Asgard?

5 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sorry if this is off topic, but I thought Hela was dead too?  If she didn't die in Ragnarok, why did they destroy Asgard?

It was intentionally ambiguous. She is very likely dead, but not definitively.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

My read was that Thor reinvigorated Surtur because it was the only way he could think of to keep Hela in check. He then took the rest of the Asgardians and booked it. Thor could have intended for Surtur to destroy Hela, or for Surtur and Hela to be locked in eternal struggle and thus too busy to threaten anyone else.  

Whatever Thor's intent, we never see the outcome of Hela vs. Surtur, let alone a Hela dead body. (Or for that matter, we haven't seen Surtur's body or Surtur and his armies burning up the Nine Worlds). 

IMO, in comic movies, if you don't see a dead body, the character's not dead. And even if you DO see a dead body, there's a decent chance that the character can be brought back. (See WandaVision as one example.) 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

My read was that Thor reinvigorated Surtur because it was the only way he could think of to keep Hela in check. He then took the rest of the Asgardians and booked it. Thor could have intended for Surtur to destroy Hela, or for Surtur and Hela to be locked in eternal struggle and thus too busy to threaten anyone else.  

In the movie they say that Hela's power comes from Asgard. Sutur wanted to destroy Asgard. So it would make sense that no Asgard, no Hela powers much easier to kill her. But I suppose if Marvel and Cate Blanchett wanted to they could have a story where powerless Hela is floating around in space somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

In the movie they say that Hela's power comes from Asgard. Sutur wanted to destroy Asgard. So it would make sense that no Asgard, no Hela powers much easier to kill her. But I suppose if Marvel and Cate Blanchett wanted to they could have a story where powerless Hela is floating around in space somewhere.

The interesting thing is they also make the point that Asgard isn't a place it's the people. I think if they wanted to they could easily bring Hela back, she was a fun villain.

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

This is what I thought happened.  I know that we never see her body, but I thought they let Surtur destroy Asgard so that, at the very least, Hela would be powerless.  And how could a powerless Hela survive the destruction of a planet?

But, others are right - you never know in comic-book-land.  Sorry for getting the conversation off topic.

I haven't seen it (but maybe I just missed it), but has anyone else wondered if the "commercials" might be Wanda's subconscious cry for help to the "viewer"? She starts out with some commercials that are subtle hints about who she really is and that she may be aware of what is going on (in contrast to her tv personality), and the most recent one is about Lagos and her lingering guilt. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I heard a theory today that the man/woman in the commercials are Wanda's parents, and I like that theory since the commercials seem to be about Wanda's traumatic events throughout her life. (If that's been mentioned here previously, my apologies, I missed it.)

• Useful 1

Possible, but I don't think so. They are supposed to be dead after all and the show just went out of their way to establish that Wanda can't recover the dead. Granted, there is Vision, but he isn't exactly human, and there might we still parts of his mind left.

Anyway, here what I expect to see next episode: An intro featuring a score instead of a song, a Home improvement style title card (but naturally in the shape of a hexagon) and a round shot with Wanda, Vision, "Peter", Tommy and Billy sitting around the dinner table, with either a laugh or an "ough" or something which fits Wanda Vision at the end.

Lot's of plaid.

Agnes constantly hiding her face.

Halloween

Discussion about a heavy topic.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Possible, but I don't think so. They are supposed to be dead after all and the show just went out of their way to establish that Wanda can't recover the dead. Granted, there is Vision, but he isn't exactly human, and there might we still parts of his mind left.

Are these commercials in the same reality? We’ve never seen kids in town, Vision even emphasized it last episode, but there are two kids in the commercial. A boy and a girl (possibly representing Wanda and Pietro?).

• Love 1
On 2/7/2021 at 9:38 AM, paigow said:

• Kang [Ant-Man 3]
  • Mephisto [????]

They could import foes that are traditionally more affiliated with either the X-Men or the Fantasitc Four - Dr. Doom, Annihilus, Magneto,, for examle. 

I would also like to see bad guys form the Masters of Evil (albeit losing the name) or the Thunderbolts. People consciously grouping together to be an anti-Avengers. 

There are a few other alien races that could be threats like the Shi'ar and the Brood. 

They could try to do the Beyonder and Secret Wars.

9 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I haven't seen it (but maybe I just missed it), but has anyone else wondered if the "commercials" might be Wanda's subconscious cry for help to the "viewer"? She starts out with some commercials that are subtle hints about who she really is and that she may be aware of what is going on (in contrast to her tv personality), and the most recent one is about Lagos and her lingering guilt. 

The commercials seem to reflect Wanda's history of trauma, her yearning to escape it and also have connections to the Infinity Stones.

Commercial 1: The Stark toaster includes a ticking reminiscent of a bomb. It seems to be a reference to the Stark weapon that killed Wanda's parents. The slogan "Forget  your past, this is your future!" seems a decent summary of what Wanda is trying to do. Since it's the power button that is colorized in an otherwise black and white commercial, one could argue it's meant to be linked to the Power Stone.

Commercial 2: The Strucker watch is a reference to Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, the high and mighty Hydra leader who experimented on Wanda and Pietro and others. We haven't really been shown what happened in those experiments, but one would have to think that it wasn't all that pleasant, since most of the others were killed. The analogue is to the Time Stone, naturally.

Commercial 3: Hydra Soak is about how a bubble bath can transport you from your problems, reminiscent of the real world "Calgon, take me away!" commercials. The box looks like the Tesseract, the form the Space Stone was originally seen in. 

Commercial 4: Lagos paper towels to clean up inadvertent messes is obviously a reference to Civil War and Wanda accidentally causing civilian deaths in Lagos, Nigeria and bringing about the Sokovian Accords. Some of the spills are red liquid, which could represent the Reality Stone, which originally was a red flowing, gas-like substance.

If  this theory is right, there are two more stones -- Mind and Soul -- that could be alluded to. I could see a Trivial Pursuit kind of game representing the Mind Stone and a record collection representing Soul.

In terms of Wanda's traumas, there are a few to choose from:

1. The death of Pietro/anything to do with Ultron

2. The death of Vision/anything to do with Thanos/Getting snapped

3. The discovery that Vision had been dissasembled

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

They could import foes that are traditionally more affiliated with either the X-Men or the Fantasitc Four - Dr. Doom, Annihilus, Magneto,, for examle. 

I would also like to see bad guys form the Masters of Evil (albeit losing the name) or the Thunderbolts. People consciously grouping together to be an anti-Avengers. 

There are a few other alien races that could be threats like the Shi'ar and the Brood. 

They could try to do the Beyonder and Secret Wars.

The commercials seem to reflect Wanda's history of trauma, her yearning to escape it and also have connections to the Infinity Stones.

Commercial 1: The Stark toaster includes a ticking reminiscent of a bomb. It seems to be a reference to the Stark weapon that killed Wanda's parents. The slogan "Forget  your past, this is your future!" seems a decent summary of what Wanda is trying to do. Since it's the power button that is colorized in an otherwise black and white commercial, one could argue it's meant to be linked to the Power Stone.

Commercial 2: The Strucker watch is a reference to Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, the high and mighty Hydra leader who experimented on Wanda and Pietro and others. We haven't really been shown what happened in those experiments, but one would have to think that it wasn't all that pleasant, since most of the others were killed. The analogue is to the Time Stone, naturally.

Commercial 3: Hydra Soak is about how a bubble bath can transport you from your problems, reminiscent of the real world "Calgon, take me away!" commercials. The box looks like the Tesseract, the form the Space Stone was originally seen in. 

Commercial 4: Lagos paper towels to clean up inadvertent messes is obviously a reference to Civil War and Wanda accidentally causing civilian deaths in Lagos, Nigeria and bringing about the Sokovian Accords. Some of the spills are red liquid, which could represent the Reality Stone, which originally was a red flowing, gas-like substance.

If  this theory is right, there are two more stones -- Mind and Soul -- that could be alluded to. I could see a Trivial Pursuit kind of game representing the Mind Stone and a record collection representing Soul.

In terms of Wanda's traumas, there are a few to choose from:

1. The death of Pietro/anything to do with Ultron

2. The death of Vision/anything to do with Thanos/Getting snapped

3. The discovery that Vision had been dissasembled

I'm in agreement with you on the connections to the Infinity Stones in the commercials, but I think it's the Mind Stone that's portrayed in the Stark toaster commercial. If you look at the toaster, it resembles a face. The two control knobs form the eyes; the drawer on the bottom the mouth. The colorized button is "between the eyes" just as the Mind Stone was on Vision's forehead.  I'll bet we get something purple-ish for the Power Stone in this week's commercial. At least I HOPE we'll get a commercial. I was disappointed in Ep. 4 when we didn't get one!

WandaVision Toaster.png

• Love 1
On 2/7/2021 at 7:38 AM, paigow said:

• Kang [Ant-Man 3]
  • Mephisto [????]

I’ve seen speculation that it could be Nightmare. I don’t really see how that would fit but who knows. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Dani said:

I’ve seen speculation that it could be Nightmare. I don’t really see how that would fit but who knows. 

Nightmare, like his name suggests, likes to drive people mad by twisting their dreams. It could make sense that he has somehow created a pocket version of the Dream Dimension in Westview and is essentially feeding off of its residents by making them undergo the sitcom plots.. 

On 2/9/2021 at 2:28 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Nightmare, like his name suggests, likes to drive people mad by twisting their dreams. It could make sense that he has somehow created a pocket version of the Dream Dimension in Westview and is essentially feeding off of its residents by making them undergo the sitcom plots.. 

So we're back to my dream theory, eh? 😉  I was right all along... 

(I kid!  It was a bad theory, I know. 🤣)

54 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

So we're back to my dream theory, eh? 😉  I was right all along... 

(I kid!  It was a bad theory, I know. 🤣)

So it ends with real Vision in the shower?  Oh, i had the craziest dream you died!  Although, i guess the Newhart ending might be more appropriate

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
On 2/8/2021 at 11:06 PM, ProudMary said:

I'm in agreement with you on the connections to the Infinity Stones in the commercials, but I think it's the Mind Stone that's portrayed in the Stark toaster commercial. If you look at the toaster, it resembles a face. The two control knobs form the eyes; the drawer on the bottom the mouth. The colorized button is "between the eyes" just as the Mind Stone was on Vision's forehead.  I'll bet we get something purple-ish for the Power Stone in this week's commercial. At least I HOPE we'll get a commercial. I was disappointed in Ep. 4 when we didn't get one!

WandaVision Toaster.png

I get where you're coming from, but to me there's a better connection between Toast and Power than there is Toast and Mind.

I suppose we might see in coming weeks commercials that either confirm or force a reassessment of the theory. 

Did they grab Randall Park and Kat Dennings out of the MCU back catalogue because they've had long-running hit sitcoms??? Will Agent Woo become a knockoff Louis Huang from Fresh Off The Boat? Will Darcy become a knockoff Max Black from 2 Broke Girls?

• Love 2

I guess I was off about everything minus the Halloween references...didn't expect them squeezing in Alf.

But my predictions are still on regarding the next episode (I wonder if it will actually feature the circus….)

Also, time for Wanda to become a working mother.

And next on the trauma add should feature either her time on the run or Vision dying….

Speculation: 'Pietro' is a plant sent in by Hayward. He was pressing Wanda pretty hard about how she created Westview, and he's not at all going along with the script. It's been established by now that Hayward is up to something, doing something he shouldn't, and even if he can't get people out of the Hex, he might have figured out how to get someone in after what happened with Monica. They wouldn't keep pointing it out that he's 'got the wrong face' if it wasn't leading somewhere.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

They wouldn't keep pointing it out that he's 'got the wrong face' if it wasn't leading somewhere.

Yeah. He's got the wrong face, but the right powers, the wrong childhood memories, but he knows how MCU's Pietro died.

19 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

but he knows how MCU's Pietro died.

And is suspiciously cavalier about it. He says he got shot "like a chump" and "for no reason at all" even though Pietro died a hero, saving Clint and a child. There's no way real!Pietro would think that saving a child was pointless. And he says he heard Wanda calling him, but Wanda insisted she had nothing to do with him showing up. One of them is lying, and I don't think it's Wanda. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, phalange said:

And is suspiciously cavalier about it. He says he got shot "like a chump" and "for no reason at all" even though Pietro died a hero, saving Clint and a child. There's no way real!Pietro would think that saving a child was pointless.

Wanda's real brother would also not say 'it's not like your dead husband can die twice or anything'. Sure, we saw him teasing her by saying things like he was twelve minutes older than she was, but that was just mean and dickish.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Wanda's real brother would also not say 'it's not like your dead husband can die twice or anything'. Sure, we saw him teasing her by saying things like he was twelve minutes older than she was, but that was just mean and dickish.

Also, her real brother died years before Vision did!

• Love 1

Dormammu isn't a bad idea for the Big Bad, and I definitely don't think we have seen the last of him in the MCU, but I am still thinking that Mephisto is going to be introduced here as the one manipulating Wanda. Going to a grief stricken, heart broken Wanda, possibly right after she got Visions body from SWORD, probably in disguise as some random kind stranger, and asking her what she wants, then taking her wanting something like a "normal life with the man she loves" and created this whole mess, as a part of some bigger scheme, probably involving the multiverse and using Wanda's powers, and what is going to happen in future movies, especially the next Doctor Strange, where Wanda is going to be a big part of. It almost seems too obvious, but it also is the bad guy that makes the most sense. Especially if, like I suspect, now that they have spent so much time on the cosmic time of the Marvel universe, culminating in Endgame, they might spend more time on the magical side of the MCU and for that they need a Thanos, and Mephisto is a pretty solid magic Thanos in terms of power and scope. 

There have been SO MANY references to devils and the devil, even this week we got the bit where "Pietro" calls the kids demon spawn...which they more or less are in the comics, where Mephisto is a part of their origin (or something, Wanda's family stuff is super hard to keep track of) so him being part of Wanda's monkeys paw/Faustian bargain to get her happy life with her family seems quite plausible. Plus, its a great way to introduce him as a future film bad guy just in time for the new Doctor Strange movie. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm starting to wonder about Jimmy Woo. Only in a tiny way (like practically microscopic) just to be clear and it's due to the card trick. Jimmy was learning the card trick when we first met him and hasn't mastered it yet. That microscopic part of me is prepared for that to turn out to be a hint that Jimmy isn't Jimmy. I hope he is and him mastering the card trick is just meant to delight us but, until we know otherwise, it could be a clue.

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

I hope he is and him mastering the card trick is just meant to delight us but, until we know otherwise, it could be a clue.

I think it's just character progression. I don't think he was interested in close magic until he saw Scott do it in AMatW. We see him looking at YouTube videos. I think he just practiced a bunch and finally got it. 

Plus, nooo! Jimmy Woo has no ulterior motives! He is just genuinely awesome. 😄

• Love 4
16 hours ago, swanpride said:

I guess I was off about everything minus the Halloween references...didn't expect them squeezing in Alf.

That was mostly Malcolm in the Middle. 

The kids being Demon-referenced was great.  It actually being SAID out loud thus early though actually makes it less likely to be true. 

I'm looking forward to Possibly Reed Richards next week. We know it's a "him" at the very least. The other possibility, since it's a friend of Monica's, could be a Skrull. 

I will say, the commercial was the weirdest Speculation booster in this last episode. It DOES make me think those people at the edge of town are either literally starving to death, OR are batteries for the extra power Wanda needed to wake the kids (and so also probably dying). 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, phalange said:

And is suspiciously cavalier about it. He says he got shot "like a chump" and "for no reason at all" even though Pietro died a hero, saving Clint and a child. There's no way real!Pietro would think that saving a child was pointless. And he says he heard Wanda calling him, but Wanda insisted she had nothing to do with him showing up. One of them is lying, and I don't think it's Wanda. 

He could think he died like a chump because he wasn't able to outrun the bullets and save the kid and Clint. Pietro outruns bullets a couple of times at least in AoU (I actually watched it today with my kids).

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

I'm looking forward to Possibly Red Richards next week. We know it's a "him" at the very least. The other possibility, since it's a friend of Monica's, could be a Skrull. 

My weirdest out there option for Monica's engineer friend would be actually Bradley Cooper talking with a bit of an accent and moving in a weirdly robotic way.

Agnes did say Dottie runs the whole town, maybe she is the character everyone thinks Agnes is. The last brief appearance she had was in the 70's era. She could be busy watching Wanda. Because if Jones is her husband why wouldn't she have been identified with him, even if they hadn't seen her yet. If his name came up, his wife would've too. 

Agnes could still be involved as well. She was a regular before she got in the credits.  

As for Pietro I still think someone took x-men Peter's body from another universe and is controlling him. Because as Wanda said you can't bring back dead, but you can get an alive version from somewhere else. 

With commercials being about Wanda's life. The little boy could've represented lonely and depressed Wanda and the "shark" offered her more magic and she took it  but its slowly draining her or giving something else to the entity that gave the extra power boost to her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

With commercials being about Wanda's life. The little could've represented lonely and depressed Wanda and the "shark" offered her more magic and she took it  but its slowly draining her or giving something else to the entity that gave the extra power boost to her. 

That is interesting. I mentioned in the episode thread that MCU Wanda doesn't have magic in the MCU sense like Strange and Wong do. She has powers related to the mind stone. Maybe that commercial was something about her trying to get actual magic powers.

I don’t understand why since controlling people beyond a certain amount and/or distance is an issue that those people who are frozen aren’t just set free to reduce the strain of controlling Westview.  So my theory is that most of them are dead and so the only way to keep them alive is in the Hex.   So setting them free would kill them.  I think some people would prefer death over being a mind controlled hostage; especially the people who are frozen.  Although there are some who would want to live regardless of the price of survival.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

So my theory is that most of them are dead and so the only way to keep them alive is in the Hex.   So setting them free would kill them. 

Wanda has no power to actually reverse death. If your theory is true, then somebody else is definitely involved. More likely is that everyone (except Vision) is alive and Dr. Strange will reset time so nobody remembers anything.