Type keyword(s) to search

Envisioning What's Next: Speculation With Spoilers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't imagine any of the X Characters would show up. That would lock MCU into Fastbender as Magneto

Why? 

You're totally dismissing them successfully having cast new versions without us knowing? 

5 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

My guess is it will be Dr. Strange. We know Wanda will be in his movie, and had it not been for the pandemic Dr. Stange 2 would be coming out in 3 months.

He is my second guess.  I went with Jeremy Renner basically based on real life availability.  I understand that this was all filmed and completed pre-pandemic, but Benedict Cumberbatch isn't as easily available as Renner.  That may not matter at all, who knows, but according to Wikipedia (sure, maybe not the greatest source) he has a lot of films in post-production.  I'm assuming that he was very busy in 2019ish.

But yes, I agree that it could be Dr. Strange instead.  Both are logical, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Dani said:

Yes. Bettany also talked about a top secret appearance by an actor he’s wanted to work with for years. Assuming he’s talking about the same actor as Olsen it rules out a lot of characters. 

Olsen also said she was surprised the secret hadn’t gotten out and X-Men’s Quicksilver has been rumored for awhile. 

Then it's Ryan Reynolds.  Who wouldn't want to work with him!? 😉 

12 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

He is my second guess.  I went with Jeremy Renner basically based on real life availability.  I understand that this was all filmed and completed pre-pandemic, but Benedict Cumberbatch isn't as easily available as Renner.  That may not matter at all, who knows, but according to Wikipedia (sure, maybe not the greatest source) he has a lot of films in post-production.  I'm assuming that he was very busy in 2019ish.

They were on hiatus when the shutdown happened and started reshooting in late 2020. Elizabeth Olsen went straight into shooting Doctor Strange 2. 

They would really be over hyping this if Hawkeye is the surprise cameo. That is no where near the Mandalorian's cameo. This show is not like the Netflix or ABC Marvel shows. They have the full support if the MCU. They can have anyone show up. 

If I was going by that Patrick Stewart as Professor X would match the Mandalorian cameo. 

• Love 1

Re: who may appear...

So leaks say

Spoiler

Evan Peters is definitely in this, but I don't think it's the cameo being mentioned.  Also, I've read extensive Speculation he's not playing Quicksilver (his different version of him, I mean).  The other obvious role would be Ralph, aka Mephisto. 

But this would be bigger than a cameo. So it's not the person we've been discussing. 

Edited by Kromm
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

Re: who may appear...

So leaks say

Reveal spoiler

Evan Peters is definitely in this, but I don't think it's the cameo being mentioned.  Also, I've read extensive Speculation he's not playing Quicksilver (his different version of him, I mean).  The other obvious role would be Ralph, aka Mephisto. 

But this would be bigger than a cameo. So it's not the person we've been discussing. 

Why do I not know who these people are?  (Disclaimer, I didn't watch the TV shows or the early non-Avengers related movies, like Wolverine.  I only saw the Chris Evans Fantastic Four because Chris Evans.)

A Dr. Strange cameo would be the most consistent with Wanda's comics history, IMO. However in the comics Wanda's powers and background was more rooted in magic than it is in the MCU, where it's more random undefined weirdness.

46 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Why do I not know who these people are?  (Disclaimer, I didn't watch the TV shows or the early non-Avengers related movies, like Wolverine.  I only saw the Chris Evans Fantastic Four because Chris Evans.)

Spoiler

Evan Peters played Fox’s version of Wanda’s brother in their X-Men movies. Mephisto is a comic character who played a big role in the comic story WandaVision pulls from so there is speculation that he is Agnes’s husband Ralph.

1 hour ago, Dani said:
  Reveal spoiler

Evan Peters played Fox’s version of Wanda’s brother in their X-Men movies. Mephisto is a comic character who played a big role in the comic story WandaVision pulls from so there is speculation that he is Agnes’s husband Ralph.

Thank you!  I googled the first actor you mentioned, and I don't know that Paul Bettany would say that this is someone he's really wanted to work with for a long time...  Maybe he's way more famous and popular than I know of, but I don't even recognize him, LOL. 😉 

But obviously Renner and Cumberbatch don't fit that description either, so I don't know.  I'll have to keep thinking...  If we keep it in MCU/Avengers-land, then maybe I'll lean towards Samuel L. Jackson?  He's legendary and I don't think their characters overlapped in Ultron and Infinity War so they didn't work together, but maybe they did... And that's not a huge surprise for the audience because Fury just pops in randomly all the time... hmm...  

5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Thank you!  I googled the first actor you mentioned, and I don't know that Paul Bettany would say that this is someone he's really wanted to work with for a long time...  Maybe he's way more famous and popular than I know of, but I don't even recognize him, LOL. 😉 

But obviously Renner and Cumberbatch don't fit that description either, so I don't know.  I'll have to keep thinking...  If we keep it in MCU/Avengers-land, then maybe I'll lean towards Samuel L. Jackson?  He's legendary and I don't think their characters overlapped in Ultron and Infinity War so they didn't work together, but maybe they did... And that's not a huge surprise for the audience because Fury just pops in randomly all the time... hmm...  

That's true but I since the role speculated on is also by definition bigger than a cameo, and it was specified a cameo was being discussed by Bettany, I didn't feel it necessary to debate the actor's level of fame. The character (either character he could play) was already being discussed here, if not the actor.

Cumberbatch probably only doesn't qualify because technically they were in the same film, even if I'm not sure if they shared any screentime. But he's likely to be on many actors "love to work with" lists. Then again the same two things would hold true of Sam Jackson.

And I wasn't really thinking about the "love to work with" aspect when at one point I speculated about some version of Tony Stark coming back.  Not that that wouldn't be a wild plot twist, but Bettany has certainly worked with him.  The implication he hasn't worked with the person in the cameo seems key.  It does leave open all of the X-Men guesses though. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, Dani said:

Bettany also talked about a top secret appearance by an actor he’s wanted to work with for years. Assuming he’s talking about the same actor as Olsen it rules out a lot of characters. 

Bettany and Cumberbatch have made a film together that was not a part of the MCU - Creation (2009). I have not seen the film, but Bettany played Charles Darwin and Cumberbatch played his best friend Joseph Hooker, so I would assume that they had some scenes together.

Unless Bettany is trying to fake us out . . . .

58 minutes ago, j5cochran said:

Bettany and Cumberbatch have made a film together that was not a part of the MCU - Creation (2009). I have not seen the film, but Bettany played Charles Darwin and Cumberbatch played his best friend Joseph Hooker, so I would assume that they had some scenes together.

Unless Bettany is trying to fake us out . . . .

Yep, this is why I ruled out Cumberbatch as the cameo/appearance. Bettany could be just talking about having worked together in MCU movies, but I doubt it. 

So maybe Hugh Jackman?  I really have no idea. 🙂

On further thought, I would say the defining sitcom of the nineties was the Simpsons. But I think it might stretch MCU reality further than it could possibly go if Wanda could convert the real world into a cartoon. Too bad… 

• Love 2

I think that they will go for Roseanne next...prepare for an opening featuring the typical circular camera movement around the table. And a few hints to home improvement...we might see Agnes permanently hidden behind a fence in the next episode, or having something in front of her face.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, j5cochran said:

but Bettany played Charles Darwin and Cumberbatch played his best friend Joseph Hooker

Is it super meta that Vision tried to use Darwin books as a bedtime story for the twins? In Master & Commander, Bettany was a Darwin Fanboy, obsessed with visiting the Galapagos Islands.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, arc said:

On further thought, I would say the defining sitcom of the nineties was the Simpsons. But I think it might stretch MCU reality further than it could possibly go if Wanda could convert the real world into a cartoon. Too bad… 

1 hour ago, swanpride said:

I think that they will go for Roseanne next...prepare for an opening featuring the typical circular camera movement around the table. And a few hints to home improvement...we might see Agnes permanently hidden behind a fence in the next episode, or having something in front of her face.  

I think Roseanne is the best guess based on the previews (Wanda's grunge look), but I'd say that the two defining sitcoms in the 90s were Seinfeld and Friends.  Maybe Agnes will do the Elaine dance or someone can slide through the door like Kramer. 🙂 

Seinfeld and friends aren't family sitcoms, though.  I am pretty sure that they will stick to those. Question is if they manage to add a Bundy reference of not. Roseanne and Home Improvement will be pretty easy, but the Bundies don't really fit into Wanda's fantasy.

Hayward is shady. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he works with whoever is influencing Wanda's decisions.

4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think Roseanne is the best guess based on the previews (Wanda's grunge look), but I'd say that the two defining sitcoms in the 90s were Seinfeld and Friends.  Maybe Agnes will do the Elaine dance or someone can slide through the door like Kramer. 🙂 

Didn’t we already see that look in episode 5 which seemed to end in the late 80’s or very early 90’s. I think that the 90’s will be the Halloween episode. 

41 minutes ago, Dani said:

Didn’t we already see that look in episode 5 which seemed to end in the late 80’s or very early 90’s. I think that the 90’s will be the Halloween episode. 

The Halloween episode could easily be next, but I'm talking about the blue flannel shirt that she's wearing at 1:02 of this preview:

Maybe that's the 2000s?  There are better shots of it elsewhere, but I found this one first.

10 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

The Halloween episode could easily be next, but I'm talking about the blue flannel shirt that she's wearing at 1:02 of this preview:

Maybe that's the 2000s?  There are better shots of it elsewhere, but I found this one first.

That’s what she’s wearing in the Modern Family style clip. I think it’s a robe. It’s probably the 2010’s episode.  

Anya's a vengeance demon, maybe Wanda made a wish. Lol

Joking aside I think Wanda is aware this isn't real and wants to continue to play house. But someone else is really in control and wants to keep her in this reality, so they do what they can to keep her happy. The "recasting" of Pietro is interesting since Wanda seemed to slowly recognize him as her brother. So whomever is in control has the ability to pull from the multiverse and also make Wanda accept it.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, paigow said:

Loki might be the cameo... He has an intact Infinity Stone.

There are so many possibilities. I've now heard Reed Richards speculated, for example (clearly with a well protected big name actor). 

But Captain Marvel is the one that just occurred to me. Unlike Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel 2 actually has a release date. It may be no accident if Monica gets her powers in this, or that she was specifically the character chosen as the second protagonist, or that she seems to have beef with her honorary Auntie. Maybe that's paid out here, as well as giving Wanda someone to shoot at who actually is just as powerful. 

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Pietro wasn't the surprise cameo?

Probably not. That had already leaked and doesn’t fit what Olsen and Bettany have said. 

3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

There are so many possibilities. I've now heard Reed Richards speculated, for example (clearly with a well protected big name actor). 

Praise Odin if it is NOT Miles Teller....

5 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Did we rule out Sir Ian McKellen? I've learned a few things today from a friend, and I think he plays Wanda and Pietro's dad... 😉

Is he? I can't keep track, I heard they retcon'd that away. Which is hilarious because when I used to read X-Men in the 90s they were his kids but Lorna (Polaris) wasn't. Then I came back in 2014 and was buying X-Factor and all of a sudden Lorna is now Magneto's kid....

Magneto is X-Men Quicksilver's dad, he's not MCU Wanda's. But they could make it so he is since Wanda is rewriting reality. 

I think they need Professor X to get into Wanda's mind to get through to her. 

3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Magneto is X-Men Quicksilver's dad, he's not MCU Wanda's. But they could make it so he is since Wanda is rewriting reality. 

There are a lot of people convinced that the show will reveal that Wanda and Pietro were adopted and they are actually Magneto’s kids. 

22 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Did we rule out Sir Ian McKellen? I've learned a few things today from a friend, and I think he plays Wanda and Pietro's dad... 😉

He was in DaVinci Code with Paul Bettany.

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I think they need Professor X to get into Wanda's mind to get through to her. 

If Patrick Stewart / James McAvoy shows up, what would he do? He knows nothing about what reality / history is supposed to be in the Disney!MCU - he might make things worse...

New Speculation: the kids summoned Alternate Pietro. Because THEY'RE the ones she told the story about Pietro being far far away to.  But also they're the ones she also told you can't revive the dead. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

My completely uninformed speculation - someone has figured out how to channel Wanda’s power and direct her via her subconscious. I admit, I like Wanda’s character and I don’t really want her to be a through and through villain. 

I have a lot of other thoughts but it’s late and I need some sleep after catching up on all the posting!

• Love 2

So, we have four episodes left...one, I am sure, will cover the 1990s Roseanne style, and I guess one will go early 2000s in a Malcom in the middle "wanda talks so the audience" style. Is there a Family Sitcom which stands for the 2010s? Maybe Modern Family? Somehow the most popular sitcoms of the 2010s aren't family sitcoms….They really had their heyday in the 1980s and 1990s.....

It could be that ep 5 was both 80s and 90s, ep 6 will be Modern Family and they will have run out of sitcom homages after that. Just going by all promos and trailers so far, the Halloween episode looks to be in the same ep as the Modern Family house.

also, I believe Feige said long ago that Wandavision would be around six hours. The first five episodes have taken about a little more than two and a half hours, so that’s almost three and a half hours left for the remaining four episodes. As well, Vision is buying in less and less with each episode and at this rate he’ll probably fully refuse to cooperate with the sitcom shenanigans well before the series concludes.

Last night, while I couldn’t sleep, I started wondering if the big bad is “Vision,” and he is not Vision at all. I really hope that isn’t the case. The more I think about it, the more it does not make sense because we see Vision away from Wanda and he truly acts as if he is an unaware “victim” of this world when no one is “watching.”

10 hours ago, Kromm said:

New Speculation: the kids summoned Alternate Pietro. Because THEY'RE the ones she told the story about Pietro being far far away to.  But also they're the ones she also told you can't revive the dead. 

I actually think that's possible. The kids aren't stupid and aren't controlled by Wanda. They were aware that it was Saturday when Wanda decided to make it a Monday and get Vision distracted.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, swanpride said:

I suspect eventually they will reach teen state in order to rebel against her.

That could be interesting since she has no power over them. She couldn't get them as babies to go to sleep and they totally ignored her request to stay inside when she went to look at the drone.

• Love 1

In the new episode thread, @Kel Varnsen said

The thing I wonder is if it is someone else who set it up, what are they getting out of this whole thing.

Speculation: Mephisto (possibly with Agnes as his agent) is siphoning some of Wanda's power now that Westview has been created. It must take a lot of mojo to keep the Hex barrier up at all times, to the point where even the town sign couldn't be seen, and that's not involving the inner workings of keeping Westview's 'residents' placid and non-questioning. Only Agnes and now Wanda's kids seem more immune to what's happening, but if Agnes is in on it Mephisto could be shielding her from the mind trick of thinking the town exists as it's been shown to. Or not, since Agnes could just be a wild card in and of herself, independent of anything else.

I wonder if there is a relation to the infinity stones. I mean the fact that they are gone in this reality might have created a bunch of unintended consequences. And they really went out of their way to explain the connection to them this episode.