Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 1/18/2021

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

And a native Arizonan.  And Middle-American. 

And the very best half orphan ever!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I'm not from New York. so maybe I shouldn't say anything but holy hell Meghan, she repeated a couple times how much New Yorkers and herself HATE Diblasio. Idk if that's true but such ugly language when she has been all shaky voiced and talking about unity and changing the ugly tone of conversations 🤷🏽‍♀️.

That's the real Meghan coming through.  The shaky voiced woman-of-the-people persona she's taken on recently is going to be impossible for her to maintain.  Earlier in the show she was able to stay all calm & collected when Whoopi screwed up by calling on her to speak only to have to tell her to wait until after the break.  Because the real Meghan would have lost her shit or at least eye rolled herself into momentarily blindness.  But then Real Meghan showed up loud & clear during her Diblasio diatribe.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

That's the real Meghan coming through.  The shaky voiced woman-of-the-people persona she's taken on recently is going to be impossible for her to maintain.  Earlier in the show she was able to stay all calm & collected when Whoopi screwed up by calling on her to speak only to have to tell her to wait until after the break.  Because the real Meghan would have lost her shit or at least eye rolled herself into momentarily blindness.  But then Real Meghan showed up loud & clear during her Diblasio diatribe.

It helped Meghan that Whoopi bent over backwards apologizing to  the princess for getting the timing wrong.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Stellamayfair said:

I think you're right, thanks for clearing that up.  It didn't occur to me that she used the wrong word. I just assumed she didn't know what hubris meant.

She used the wrong word and does not know its meaning. But that's OK because she also doesn't know the meaning of the word she intended to use.

 

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

I wish Sunny would step away from the nose contouring and ridiculous fake lashes. I seem to recall her saying that when she entered television, she was reticent to tart it up because she wanted to be taken seriously. I would like to see that Sunny. If I didn't already know who she was and I saw her today, I would think she was a Real Housewife.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Lol did they really need to mention that meghun text them pictures of what DC looks like. As if footage isn't all over the news.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

It helped Meghan that Whoopi bent over backwards apologizing to  the princess for getting the timing wrong.

UGH,  true.  Gotta tongue bathe the princess to keep her off of the ledge.

10 minutes ago, suomi said:

She used the wrong word and does not know its meaning. But that's OK because she also doesn't know the meaning of the word she intended to use.

 

She needs to spend a lot more time learning the definitions on her Word-of-the-Day Toilet paper instead of just the word.  But nah, just using the big people grown up words is good enough for her.  The knowing the rest is too hard!

9 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I wish Sunny would step away from the nose contouring and ridiculous fake lashes.

And Man, was she wearing ALL of the hair today, or what? 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

Not a Yang fan either. He comes across so insincere.  

I'm not from New York. so maybe I shouldn't say anything but holy hell Meghan, she repeated a couple times how much New Yorkers and herself HATE Diblasio. Idk if that's true but such ugly language when she has been all shaky voiced and talking about unity and changing the ugly tone of conversations 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Megan hates DiBlasio because her team hates him.  Staten Island the reddest part of New York city despises him a lot. Diblasio is not the best but he is not the devil either.  Diblasio won re-election by a landslide so Nutmeg as usual does not know what she is talking about..

  • Like 11
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

"The Nelson Mandela of Russia"???? Are you fucking kidding me?

Motormouth Twatness, to get everything out, including up to interrupting Whoopi, and trying to get in more of her ignorant comments.

And of course ONLY Her Twatness gets to speak about what she thinks the Biden Administration needs to do to clean things up.

Go away, Yang. Don't need another person to give Her Twatness a tongue bath.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

Not a Yang fan either. He comes across so insincere.  

I'm not from New York. so maybe I shouldn't say anything but holy hell Meghan, she repeated a couple times how much New Yorkers and herself HATE Diblasio. Idk if that's true but such ugly language when she has been all shaky voiced and talking about unity and changing the ugly tone of conversations 🤷🏽‍♀️.

I don't know a single person who lives in New York who likes de Blasio. Republicans, Democrats and even the people I know who use to work for him hate him. It is really the only thing people in NYC can agree on these days when it comes to politics. I was surprised that Yang defended him.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I don't know a single person who lives in New York who likes de Blasio. Republicans, Democrats and even the people I know who use to work for him hate him. It is really the only thing people in NYC can agree on these days when it comes to politics. I was surprised that Yang defended him.

True but Megan cannot say why she hates him.  Her hatred of him is just odd even for her, I have never heard express this type of vitriol for the man who mocked her dad's record as a veteran.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

"The Nelson Mandela of Russia"???? Are you fucking kidding me?

Motormouth Twatness, to get everything out, including up to interrupting Whoopi, and trying to get in more of her ignorant comments.

And of course ONLY Her Twatness gets to speak about what she thinks the Biden Administration needs to do to clean things up.

Go away, Yang. Don't need another person to give Her Twatness a tongue bath.

I feel like this segment showcased just how narrow-minded Meghan is...granted, a lot of things show this, but in this case for her to equate Navalny to Nelson Mandela when Navalny is pretty much a neonazi shows just how little she understands about politics. It's all about teams and sides, so if her team doesn't like someone then they have to be bad. Her team is good, so everyone against them is bad by default, when everyone is bad. Lol

There's nuance here, but she doesn't do enough research to understand it.

Nelson Mandela fought an apartheid regime while Navalny likens people to cockroaches because they're immigrants and he wants Russia for Russians. A quick Google search told me this so Meghan should know better.

  • Like 16
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, OnTime said:

At this point, the ABC/producers haven't owned the problem.  It has gotten worse since Sept.

Today Sara was going back and forth from reading the teleprompter to reading her cards. I assume she has the cards as a back up in case something happens to the teleprompter, as I'm sure news anchors do.

ABC needs to be working with her to improve but they just keep giving her a daily script. It's really not fair to her.  They can't think she is good on this show!

Other than her occasional wishy-washy comments about politics, I just don’t mind Sara. We know she suffers from considerable anxiety, and I imagine her notes are to keep her from lumbering around a point without ever quite making it (Whoopi), or endlessly barking word salad (Meghan).

Sara comes prepared with her thoughts organized, like Sunny.  She doesn’t seem to roll out of bed at 10:59, which I assume Whoopi does, and other than Meghan’s maternity leave, I feel Sara’s words and opinions are her own - not her husband’s or the producer’s. 

3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

"It looks like a war zone." "It's like Baghdad."

While seeing a lot of army personnel around DC seems that way, I feel like saying this is downplaying what happened and what is happening in the war zones around the world. It's much worse than what we're seeing. Not that it's not scary or disheartening to see the army out and about in DC, but "like a war zone"  is a shortsighted statement.

Also...Marie Antoinette never said "let them eat cake." I get why Whoopi brought it up, but it's a fake quote.

Although I thoroughly dislike Meghan, I’ve had similar thoughts in the past. Vacationing on a beach in Virginia and looking at a horizon of battle ships was disturbing, as was watching drills of soldiers being lowered by helicopters over the water. It was creepy. It was also jarring to be in NYC and seeing armed cops lined up everywhere, and then I realized it was for the Tony awards.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Today Meghan is a true New Yorker.  For the last week she's been emphasizing how she's a Washington insider.  Bite me, Meghan.

But she is an "Arizonian", through and through, right?  

Boy, I get flack for calling myself a Chicagoan, even though I moved out to the suburbs.  Meghan identifies being from 3 different places.  

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan identifies being from 3 different places.  

I feel like I say this every day. It's because Meghan is a narcissist.  She thinks she is relevant to whatever the topic is.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Looks like Meghan is mixing up her big words again. "Hubris"? I think maybe she meant hyperbole. (?)

Actually, she meant hyper-bole🙃

She also garbled her grammar and misused words during her rant re Russia. ".....regime we as Americans have let withstand and put  a second eye to, er blind eye to...."

This article includes her hubris quote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/meghan-mccain-trumps-legacy-is-dc-looking-like-a-war-zone/ar-BB1cTOGR

  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, bannana said:

She also garbled her grammar and misused words during her rant re Russia. ".....regime we as Americans have let withstand and put  a second eye to, er blind eye to...."

I'm reminded of the great quote "Better to remain quiet and let people think you are a fool than speak and prove that you are a fool" or something like that.  Meghan tries so hard to make people think she is a smart educated political pundit and ends up proving that she is the poster child for getting far in life because of your last name.  

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

I have mixed thoughts about Meghan and her changing her tune on racism. On one hand, it's hard to tell what's genuine, and I don't buy she'll be as woke as the other ladies anytime soon. BUT, I am of the position that the side of wokeness should welcome those who are trying to be better. I think this helps the cause more. The more people we can get on our side, the better. 

Anyone else kind of girl crushing on Sunny? She's just oh so smart, patient with those less smart lol, and beautiful. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Axie said:

Today Meghan is a true New Yorker.  For the last week she's been emphasizing how she's a Washington insider.  Bite me, Meghan.

Today she was both.  Whoopi called on Missy to describe the security in DC.  I suspect she saw it on TV like the rest of us, not because she can see the Capitol & Mall from her house in Virginia.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Me-Again today said that she liked Trump's policies, but she didn't say which ones.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read somewhere that Meghan lives in Fairfax, VA.  I just googled the distance and it's 19 miles from DC if Meghan lives right on the line. But last week she said she lives in the Beltway, so, who knows.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

When she came back from maternity leave, she stated that the women of The View, should help change maternity leave.  Today, she wants the women of The View to help make changes in Russia.  WTH??

and to think I thought The View was only a TV show.....

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

and to think I thought The View was only a TV show.....

Meghan was the little girl who took her hall monitor position very seriously. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan was the little girl who took her hall monitor position very seriously. 

She was probably fully armed and would threaten to shoot other little kids in the knee if they didn’t have a hall pass.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, TimWil said:

Joy managed to get in some good points/perceptions about Melania but she left out a biggie: Melania’s GOP convention speech which was flagrantly plagiarized by a speech formerly delivered by Michelle Obama. I wonder if we’ll ever find out if she did the plagiarizing herself or was set up.

There's actually tons of sketchiness about Melania that her fans would not let slide had she been a First Lady of a different party. She's lied about her education, how fluently she speaks different languages, and even the way she became a citizen is sketchy. That made her being a birther all the more rich. I was personally really turned off hearing how she talked about kids at the border and expecting victims of sexual assault to have evidence. She's a beautiful woman and probably nicer than her husband, but that's it and not saying a whole lot. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

 

I have mixed thoughts about Meghan and her changing her tune on racism. On one hand, it's hard to tell what's genuine, and I don't buy she'll be as woke as the other ladies anytime soon. BUT, I am of the position that the side of wokeness should welcome those who are trying to be better. I think this helps the cause more. The more people we can get on our side, the better. 

 

But how long will it last?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I wish Sunny would step away from the nose contouring and ridiculous fake lashes. I seem to recall her saying that when she entered television, she was reticent to tart it up because she wanted to be taken seriously. I would like to see that Sunny. If I didn't already know who she was and I saw her today, I would think she was a Real Housewife.

Speaking of lashes what on earth are on MMs eyes?  She already blinks constantly...now she blinks constantly and heavily!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Axie said:

I read somewhere that Meghan lives in Fairfax, VA.  I just googled the distance and it's 19 miles from DC if Meghan lives right on the line. But last week she said she lives in the Beltway, so, who knows.

When did they move to VA.  Last year she was all about walking around NYC and being chastised for being a Republican!

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I'm reminded of the great quote "Better to remain quiet and let people think you are a fool than speak and prove that you are a fool" or something like that.  Meghan tries so hard to make people think she is a smart educated political pundit and ends up proving that she is the poster child for getting far in life because of your last name.  

I think it's somthing like: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

True but Megan cannot say why she hates him.  Her hatred of him is just odd even for her, I have never heard express this type of vitriol for the man who mocked her dad's record as a veteran.

Meghan does a pretty terrible job of explaining any of her views and I agree she has never expressed the same vitriol towards the guy who mocked her dad's record as a veteran.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Axie said:

I read somewhere that Meghan lives in Fairfax, VA.  I just googled the distance and it's 19 miles from DC if Meghan lives right on the line. But last week she said she lives in the Beltway, so, who knows.

She probably lives in Fairfax County, part of which is inside the beltway, part outside.  The City of Fairfax, within the County of Fairfax, is outside the beltway. But then Meghan said she lived IN the beltway - it would be innerving to see her face and blinky eyes looking up at drivers out of the asphalt.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She probably lives in Fairfax County, part of which is inside the beltway, part outside.  The City of Fairfax, within the County of Fairfax, is outside the beltway. But then Meghan said she lived IN the beltway - it would be innerving to see her face and blinky eyes looking up at drivers out of the asphalt.

She can probably see "D.C. from [her] house!" Thus thinks she's a D.C. resident!

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

Deep breath in, and exhale...

Sunny told us she was putting on her legal hat today. She also put on her 'Cowardly Lion' wig from The Wizard of OZ.  Someone needs to let her know she's not 25 anymore, and that wig looks ridiculous on her. She would look so much better with a short, smart, sophisticated hairstyle / wig.

MeAgain reminded us every chance she got that Washington, DC looks like a war zone. Yes, Meghan - we all have access to the media and can see for ourselves. You're not reporting from Saturn's orbit, so you don't have to explain to us.

Alas, the show ended with VYD - Oprah edition!  I was wondering just last night where I could buy an oversize hoodie, an ugly checkered shirt, and a zillion products to hydrate my skin ? I was also wondering what I should do with the $25,000 worth of skin products I bought from the show in 2020? Adam Glassman came to the rescue - well, for my first question. The second question I will have to figure out myself, so I guess I'll be tossing it all in the trash.

Whoopi still has trouble signing off each day. She's been doing this for 13 years...she still doesn't know how to wrap it up ? She told viewers 'we'll see you tomorrow' - no one told her there's no show tomorrow due to the inauguration ?

Until Thursday...

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Whoa! Adam Glassman looked at least 10 years younger today. Now if he'd only do something about that voice.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I was cracking up with Sarah waxing poetic about what the inauguration means to her, all while Whoopi did her signature “right, right” every 2 seconds trying to get Sarah to wrap it up. But she couldn’t, because Sarah had clearly rehearsed her response so you can’t stop that moving train. So finally after at least 5 Whoopi “right”s, Sarah finishes her forever long speech and all whoopi says is “cool”. And then moves on to Meghan. 

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Whoopi still has trouble signing off each day. She's been doing this for 13 years...she still doesn't know how to wrap it up ? She told viewers 'we'll see you tomorrow' - no one told her there's no show tomorrow due to the inauguration ?

Until Thursday...

One of my favorites- “wash your hands, stay six feet apart, hug your friends”.....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

One of my favorites- “wash your hands, stay six feet apart, hug your friends”.....

Our provincial health officer tells us every day to stay home if you have any symptoms and call for an appointment for a COVID test (which requires leaving your home to come in for the test).

Edited by deirdra
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

How are we going to live without The View tomorrow?  Couldn't they have moved Biden's inauguration to 2pm or something? C'mon, America, priorities!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, carrps said:

I think it's somthing like: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. 

Yes. Thank  you.  And Megan does this every day.

So Andrew Yang never voted in Mayoral elections in NYC because he thought whoever was Mayor was doing a good job?  That doesn't even make sense to me.  Just because you think a mayor is doing a good job doesn't mean the majority of everyone else in NYC thinks that way.  His way of thinking is why most incumbents win reelection.  Because voters aren't engaged enough to take the time and vote.

And since none of her fellow cohosts pushed back on Meghan calling that Russian guy (sorry forgot  his name) another Nelson Mandela I'm guessing it's because they don't even know who he is.  

19 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Nelson Mandela fought an apartheid regime while Navalny likens people to cockroaches because they're immigrants and he wants Russia for Russians. A quick Google search told me this so Meghan should know better.

I'm inclined to believe Meghan does know and doesn't care.  As you mentioned on another post METHINKNOT this guy isn't Putin so that must mean he is better.  Meghan sees things in simple terms.  If one thing is bad and this other thing isn't the bad thing then it must be a good thing.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Whoa! Adam Glassman looked at least 10 years younger today. Now if he'd only do something about that voice.

Oprah gave him her favorite face-lift for Christmas.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

I had to change the channel immediately once Meghan started talking. It’s really not worth raising my blood pressure to listen to her when I know exactly where the conversation is going. She’s very predictable in that way.

  • Like 23
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm... if Cruz and Hawley were Democrats, she would be singing a totally different tune.  And newsflash MeMeMe-  you are not in the Government

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Amy K and Roy Blunt did a great job planning the inauguration. It was very inspiring.

Thanks, @atomic for answering my question. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size