Type keyword(s) to search

All The News for Ahsoka

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Wow, it's empty in here!

Let's see what we have so far. Confirmed (more or less) are Mena Massoud as Ezra and Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn. And rumor has it casting calls for Sabine Wren are out - not really surprising given the ending of Rebels but I'm still glad we get another Mandalorian.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Ivanna Sakhno has been cast as an unknown character in the Ahsoka series on Disney Plus.

Specifically, a new character.

As a point of trivia, she was in Pacific Rim: Uprising, with John Boyega. That happens a lot, I've noticed. Casting people who have worked with other SW actors. Maybe it's just who's around these days, but it sticks in the memory.

• Useful 1

Ahsoka’: Ray Stevenson Joins Rosario Dawson in Latest ‘Star Wars’ Series (Exclusive)
BY BORYS KIT    FEBRUARY 11, 2022 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ahsoka-ray-stevenson-rosario-dawson-star-wars-series-1235091736/

Ray Stevenson is going from sailing the oceans to sailing the spaceways.

The actor, who last appeared on History Channel’s Vikings, has joined Ahsoka, the next Star Wars live-action series gearing up to go into production at Lucasfilm and Disney+.
It is unclear who Stevenson will play, but sources say he is a villain in the series and will play an admiral … although, not Thrawn.

Ahsoka is due to begin shooting in Los Angeles at the end of April.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Star Wars: The Rebellion Will Be Televised
BY ANTHONY BREZNICAN    MAY 17, 2022
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/star-wars-cover-the-rebellion-will-be-televised 

... Next year, Rosario Dawson will lead the series Ahsoka, playing the live-action version of a fan-favorite Force wielder from animation who was once an apprentice to Anakin Skywalker. ....

It’s a bountiful time to be a Star Wars obsessive, to say the least. McGregor—who wrestled with joining the galaxy in the late ’90s and wrestled again with whether to return—says the gig has saturated his life. “My partner, Mary, is doing that Star Wars series with Rosario and she’s about to start,” he says. Lucasfilm hadn’t previously confirmed rumors that Mary Elizabeth Winstead will be in Ahsoka, but…now they don’t have to. “Our little boy has been born into this massive Star Wars family,” says McGregor, whose son with Winstead was born last summer. “He will either embrace it or really go the other way. I don’t know. Maybe he’ll be a Trekkie!”
While Luna is the kind of actor who huddles in the backseat of a car, hiding his Star Wars call from a probably oblivious driver, Rosario Dawson is the type who FaceTimes her friend’s eight-year-old while in costume as alien Force-seeker Ahsoka, her full blue-and-white head tails framing burnt-umber makeup and white warrior markings. “I called my friend Polina because her son Cosmo is a huge fan of Star Wars, knows every ship, every robot,” says Dawson. “He sees me and throws the phone across the room. Just freaked out. I’ve gotten ice cream with this kid. We’ve hung out. But it was too much that this character he loves was starting to talk to him and said his name. She calls me back the next day and goes, ‘Cosmo just walked into the room and told me: He’s ready now.’ I said, ‘Well, that’s very sweet, but I am no longer in costume. His moment is missed.’ ” She shrugs. “That will be a life lesson for him moving forward.”

Dawson has the same enthusiasm for Star Wars as Cosmo. Her casting as Ahsoka Tano, who previously was voiced by Ashley Eckstein and existed only in animation, was the result of a fan suggestion that Lucasfilm took seriously. Someone tweeted Dawson a piece of art depicting her as the heroine, and she responded: “Ummm… Yes, please?” That made its way to Filoni, who had been working with Favreau to include Ahsoka in both The Mandalorian and later The Book of Boba Fett. His ultimate goal was to give Ahsoka her own TV series.

In October 2021, after Dawson had shot guest spots, she read a trade report about Christensen possibly joining her stand-alone show. Anakin Skywalker had been the character’s mentor, and Vader’s memory would understandably still haunt her. Dawson took a screenshot of the headline and opened Instagram, using the characters’ nicknames for each other from The Clone Wars as a caption. “I just posted, ‘Skyguy…They know!!! See you soon, Snips.’ ” Only later did she realize that the report was just an unconfirmed rumor. Fans took her post as hard confirmation, and the powers that be at Lucasfilm were distressed. “I looked in my email, and Star Wars was like, ‘You might want to take that down,’ ” Dawson remembers. “I’m like, ‘Man, I can’t be trusted.’ ”
Ahsoka will appear on Disney+ in 2023, though Lucasfilm, eager to reclaim secrecy, still won’t confirm if Dawson had inadvertently leaked the truth about Anakin or if it really was a false report. As with every Star Wars title, emotions and nostalgia are wrapped up in this series. Filoni, who’s overseeing the show, helped create the title character with Lucas, and watched her become a touchstone to young girls who were drawn to “Snips” as the first lead female in the Jedi order. The quest Ahsoka has hinted at in her guest appearances on The Mandalorian and Boba Fett, hunting an Imperial grand admiral named Thrawn who vanished into deep space at the conclusion of the animated Rebels series, is likely to be explored further, although plot details are still being tightly held. “Ahsoka is a continuous story,” Filoni offers. “It is definitely driving toward a goal, in my mind, as opposed to being little singular adventures. That’s what I want the character to be doing, and I think that’s what fans want now. They have such a relationship with her. I’ve only recently started to understand that all those kids that watched Clone Wars are now a lot older—they’re very excited about all the things they grew up with, as they should be.”

FS9IaGcXwAA7mkR?format=jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘Ahsoka’ Stars Rosario Dawson, Natasha Liu Bordizzo Debut Sneak Peek Footage at Star Wars Celebration
By Adam B. Vary, Angelique Jackson, Wilson Chapman    May 28, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/ahsoka-star-wars-celebration-rosario-dawson-natasha-liu-bordizzo-1235278204/

“Ahsoka” star Rosario Dawson popped up at Star Wars Celebration on Saturday to bring anxious fans a special surprise — some first look footage from the upcoming Disney+ series, which played exclusively for attendees.
And Dawson came armed with more surprises. First, she introduced a very special guest: the trusty droid Chopper, who makes his live-action debut alongside Ahsoka in the series. Then, she cued up a less-than-30-second clip, which featured Dawson in her full Ahsoka regalia, along with quick glimpses at “Star Wars Rebels” characters Hera and Sabine Wren. The footage ends with Ahsoka looking at art of the cast of “Star Wars Rebels,” which implies other characters from the show will make their live-action debuts.

The final surprise came after the lights in the arena came back up, just in time for Natasha Liu Bordizzo to make her official debut as the actor who will bring Sabine to life.
“The audition process is as confidential as everything else, so I had no idea what I was reading for at first,” Bordizzo told Variety. “I was reading from another film, that had nothing to do with ‘Star Wars,’ and I was trying to analyze the material with no information, but I was like, ‘I feel like this is almost like a young Han Solo vibe to this character,’ not knowing it was Star Wars, mind you.”

Rosario Dawson and Natasha Liu Bordizzo takes the stage at SWCA 2022 | Star Wars Celebration Live!
Star Wars    May 28, 2022

Dave Filoni on Bringing Thrawn and Other Rebels Characters to Ahsoka
IGN   May 28, 2022

• Love 2
19 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Yes! Hera!

https://www.ign.com/articles/ahsoka-first-teases-ezra-bridger-sabine-wren-and-hera-syndulla-chopper-star-wars-rebels

ETA: Since she's the only confirmed female cast member whose role has not been spelled out yet chances are this is Mary Elizabeth Winstead's part.

I like your detective work here! Extrapolating on that a little bit, I see that Ray Stevenson has also been cast for an Ahsoka role. Could we be looking at Zeb? 🤞

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I like your detective work here! Extrapolating on that a little bit, I see that Ray Stevenson has also been cast for an Ahsoka role. Could we be looking at Zeb? 🤞

Ditto! I always thought they'd skip Zeb for live action due to design problems, but since it looks as if the whole Phantom crew (hello there, Chopper) is going after Ezra they need Zeb and Ray Stevenson would certainly fit the part. The Hollywood Reporter claims he'll play a villain because 'sources' said so 🤷‍♂️ maybe the can't shake off that he voiced Gar Saxon? 

And I missed another female cast member in my deduction work: Ivanna Sakhno - she's probably a better match for Hera due to her pointy chin.

Sakhno.jpg

Vanessa-Marshall-as-Hera-Syndulla-in-Star-Wars-Rebels (1).webp

• Love 1

Ahsoka: Live-Action Sabine Wren Actress on Art and Star Wars Rebels Aftermath
IGN   May 29, 2022

Ahsoka Tano's Current Connection to the Force and Jedi
IGN   May 29, 2022

• Love 2

Star Wars TV Status Report: The Latest on Lando, Mando, Ahsoka and 5 Others
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 5 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/every-star-wars-tv-series-release-date-casting-news/ 

AHSOKA
WHAT IT’S ABOUT: Ahsoka follows the former Jedi knight (who made her live-action debut during Season 2 of The Mandalorian and subsequently appeared in The Book of Boba Fett)  as she investigates an emerging threat to the vulnerable New Republic.

WHEN IS IT SET?: During the post–Return of the Jedi reconstruction era, same as The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.

CONFIRMED CAST: Rosario Dawson (as Ahsoka), Natasha Liu Bordizzo (as fan-favorite character Sabine Wren) and…. a droid named Chopper.

RUMORED CAST: Mary Elizabeth Winstead (per THR and then her partner, Obi-Wan star Ewan McGregor, in a Vanity Fair piece) — but not officially announced, yet.

FILMING STATUS: Filming officially began in early May 2022.

PREMIERE DATE: Season 1 will premiere sometime in 2023.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Ahsoka Will Please Rebels Fans, But It's a 'Standalone' Star Wars Story
BY LEON MILLER   JULY 8, 2022
https://www.cbr.com/ahsoka-will-please-rebels-fans-but-is-standalone-star-wars-story/ 

Ahsoka star Natasha Liu Bordizzo recently explained that the upcoming Disney+ show will tell a "standalone" story that will please everyone, regardless of whether they're already a fan of Star Wars Rebels.

Bordizzo confirmed that the popular animated series was not required viewing before diving into Ahsoka, in an interview with Empire. "A lot of people have not seen Rebels," she said. "It’s great for them to have seen it, but we’ve got a standalone chapter as it is." ....
Ahsoka will premiere on Disney+ sometime in 2023

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Rosario Dawson appeared at Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) yesterday...

(There are more video clips from her panel in this tweet thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

2023 TV Preview: The Last of Us, Ahsoka, Mayfair Witches, Wolf Pack and 16 More Shows We're Excited About
By Team TVLine / January 5 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/best-new-tv-shows-2023-the-last-of-us-ahsoka/ 

AHSOKA (Disney+)
WHY IT EXCITES US: Rosario Dawson’s appearance as the Jedi in The Mandalorian Season 2 (which also marked the character’s live-action debut) all but confirmed that we were getting the show fans have been asking for since the character’s introduction in the 2008 animated film The Star Wars: The Clone Wars (voiced by Ashley Eckstein) and memorable run in the subsequent animated series of the same name. Details on the plot remain scarce, but the anticipated show promises to deliver a more serialized story, as teased by series creator Dave Filoni. Plus, the return of Hayden Christensen as Ahsoka’s master Anakin Skywalker is icing on the cake. — Keisha Hatchett

SERIES PREMIERE DATE: 2023

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Billy Dee Williams to Appear at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023
StarWars.com Team    February 9, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-celebrity-guests 

And just yesterday Rosario Dawson was announced to make an appearance at the convention. Dawson first brought Ahsoka Tano to live action in The Mandalorian, reprising the role of Anakin Skywalker’s former Padawan in The Book of Boba Fett for a meeting with her mentor’s son, Luke Skywalker. She’ll return to play the Togruta as the lead in the forthcoming Ahsoka series headed to Disney+ later this year.
Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 will be held April 7-10, 2023, at ExCeL London in England.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Plan Ahead with the Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 Panel Schedule
StarWars.com Team    March 7, 2023
https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-panel-schedule 

Saturday, April 8

Ahsoka

11:00AM - 12:00PM, Live on the Celebration Stage; streamed to the Galaxy and Twin Suns Stages

Join executive producers Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau, and special guests for a look at the upcoming Disney+ series, Ahsoka.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

Heir to the Empire? Never thought I'd hear that reference in modern continuity! I checked out of Rebels pretty early and nothing I heard encouraged me to come back. But this actually looks pretty interesting.

• Like 1
(edited)

Not so great to nearly lose my shit in the car dealership seeing our old friends coming to life in the trailer. 

I like just about all the Star Wars shows, but all the force and lightsabers are more up my alley. 

Thrawn is easily the most formidable villain. 

Looks like they didn't forget Ahsoka can wreck shop. This is going to be bonkers. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 2

That’s the teaser? I guess it is for people who don’t know the animated shows but for Rebels fans that was a smorgasbord. That shot of Thrawn! It was completely unexpected but I loved that it ended with Tennant’s voice.

I’m super interested in who the lightsaber wielders are.

Didn’t love the long hair on Sabine. Maybe it’s to show the passage of time and she will chop it off to match the continuity. I’m curious to see if they held anything back for the Ahsoka panel tomorrow. 

25 minutes ago, Dani said:

I was completely unexpected but I loved that it ended with Tennant’s voice.

WHAT?! I was on my phone with earbuds in a busy area so I didn't get clear audio. I'm going to completely lose it if this show is basically a live action Rebels sequel. With Tennant. Come on.  

Here’s another image of Sabine. The armor’s not quite as artistic as I hoped but otherwise she looks great. 

334977C9-87E4-4836-8AA8-5D245A92B91F.webp

At the Ahsoka panel they confirmed that David Tennant is returning to voice Huyang and that Lars Mikkelsen is Thrawn. 

So IMDB says that Ray Stevenson's character is named Baylan. Fair enough. I accepted Joruus C'baoth because I was a kid when I read it. With adult eyes, it really doesn't work at all! Baylan doesn't quite do it for me, but I suppose I can accept it.

BTW, this is purely my speculation that he's in the C'baoth role. I'm not dropping spoilers.

• Like 1
(edited)

Ahsoka_Teaser_Digital_KA_v7_Lg.jpg
Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka_online_trailer_uhd_r709f_stills_2
Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine Wren
Huyang voiced by David Tennant
Ivanna Sakhno as Shin Hati

Ray Stevenson as Baylan 
Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera Syndulla
Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 2

Rosario Dawson, Natasha Liu Bordizzo and Mary Elizabeth Winstead | Star Wars Celebration LIVE! 2023
Star Wars   Apr 9, 2023

Ray Stevenson and Lars Mikkelsen | Star Wars Celebration LIVE! 2023
Star Wars   Apr 9, 2023

Diana Lee Inosanto and Ivanna Sakhno | Star Wars Celebration LIVE! 2023
Star Wars   Apr 9, 2023

• Like 2