Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Tyler Christopher / Ronn Moss

Tyler needs to take the stick out of his ass.  And man was there a LOT of anger and tension between Tyler and Devin at the table at the end there.  I didn't think things went that poorly between them that it justified so much barely contained anger. 

And I got majorly uncomfortable for a moment there when it seemed like Ronn was going to try to float "well, since Devin and I are usually very physically intimate with each other, you should play her part here." Ick. Ick. Ick.  

I fully expected to not like Devin, because she comes across as pretty batcrap crazy on Twitter, but I liked both wives, couldn't stand either husband. 

Devin probably talked him into it, and he figured "so I'll just have someone else's wife doing all the work Devin normally does, and I'll just do what I want." I just can't fathom someone getting SO pissed off about a bike.  

I don't watch soap operas so I didn't know these guys from Adam's cousin but I can't stand either of them. Ron totally skeeved me out. Give it up dude, you're OLD! And the other guy with the food issues. Yikes! The wives were cool

• Love 1
Tyler needs to take the stick out of his ass.  And man was there a LOT of anger and tension between Tyler and Devin at the table at the end there.  I didn't think things went that poorly between them that it justified so much barely contained anger.

I think he was just pissed she was so nice before hand an then just unloaded at the table. She really was over the top I also think he was actually laughing at her at certain point too.  Considering I also think she finally clued in that she was making fun of her with his snarky little comments.

I liked Tyler it was funny to realize hom much of Tyler is in Nikolas I definitely recognized that sense of humor in any case. I also don't think it so much a matter of Tyler being uptight he's just stoic and some of thats probably cultural.  Media tends to exagerrate the Native tendecy towards stoicism but it definitely exists and I think Tyler is fairly good example of it. With Natives its not so much not being able to goof off(Tyler certianly had fun messing with Devin) but we like to keep a lid on the more negative emotions like anger unless there is a really good reason especially in front of an audience. It's about saving face not necessarily suppresing emotion, most of my mothers family firmly believes you can have any kind of feeling or outburst you want just don't ever do it in public

Plus Devin and Ronn were so pretentious it was alomst unreal. Ronn is probably going to be pissed when he realizes how he came off.I laughed so hard when Devin said Ashton Kutcher bought her picture like that actually meant it was good.Ronn was creepy too when he was talking about the other wife.

I understand TC's focus on what he eats. The soap boards have been cruel to him because he does have a tendency to gain weight. He still looks better than Ron Moss who has the look of someone who has had too much plastic surgery.

As a soap fan, I think this episode was 75 percent a put on. Ronn Moss recently appeared on General Hospital, as himself, performing with Player in a scenario that had Tyler's character's precocious 9 year old son Spencer hiring Player to serenade the girl he had a crush on. (Note: this scene was supposed to be campy and ridiculous.) In fact, Spencer claimed his name was "Moss.... Ronn Moss" when he booked a hotel room in an episode that aired this week. I'm not calling shenanigans, but the soap world is so small that I suspect all four of them had at least crossed paths at an event before. 

I believe they were being true to their personalities - that Ronn is kind of sleazy and weird and really does make Devin a shirtless cappuccino every morning and Tyler is a bit uptight and understandably anal about calories given that his character is shirtless all the time. (And that Ronn has a metabolism that allows him to live on pasta and wine and still have a flat stomach while Tyler does not.) But I think they were playing up their personas for the camera and that their wives were pretty much in on the joke. Ronn's "tantrum" about the tandem bike was not particularly convincing, and who would complain about spending a week in a Malibu beach house, or have acres of land and never go outside? Soap fans have been making fun of Ronn's scarves for years so when Devin made Tyler wear a scarf, it was basically a shout out. Hell, during the episode the GH headwriter tweeted a screencap of him in the scarf and joked about making him wear one on the show. I have a feeling that there were a lot of moments in the final meeting of them all "breaking character" and laughing that ended up on the cutting room floor. I also think that Ronn, who hasn't been doing much since he left The Bold & The Beautiful, is aiming to use this episode to land a reality show with Devin.

• Love 2

I'm done. I know reality is phony but dayum! What a snooze. All this show convinced me was they need to bring back "common folk" who aren't afraid of looking stupid. (Tho Ron 'n Devin came close.) gah. Oh, and used to be hunky Tyler needs a shampoo, trim, and some thin' for that spot. Ruined Nicholas for me, now. That's all I got.

@IchabodCranium: I had the same thoughts. When the guys met the women and were pretending they'd never met, all I could think was, "There's no way they've never met before." The guys have been on soaps for years, and soap actors all know each other. They have to have met each other's spouses before. Also, I rolled my eyes so hard at Spencer's Ronn Moss reference on Monday that I almost sprained something.

I love how Tyler kept saying on Twitter that he was trying to be "zany" and wanted to have fun with the whole thing. Apparently he's fine with how he was portrayed, or at least hasn't complained, but his idea of "zany" is very different from anyone else's. Maybe that's just his "weird" sense of humor. (Pssst, Tyler: "Dry humor" isn't rare.)

Ron had a creep factor going on and well Tyler had an angry factor going on...I think it is all scripted because well how much of reality tv is actually real?

Please bring back the everyday crazy with the everyday people and regular ol' Wife Swap!

• Love 2

I don't think I would be able to make eye contact with Ron Moss. He makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Yeah, he probably auto removes his shirt whenever a female does. Not drinking the Ronnacino.

I can completely understand Tyler's being careful about what he eats.  Hell, I can't just eat what I want like I could when I was a teen, either (and if Ronn can, I hate him a little).  But, I agreed with Devin that it's not cool to put that attitude onto a little kid.  Every little kid deserves to have chances to eat whipped cream from the can, chow down on a spoonful of cookie dough, etc.  Yes, teach him about proper nutrition and all, but let him have some fun with food, too, instead of being beholden to strict calorie counting all the time.  And, yes, even Tyler should be having a cheat day here and there.  One day a week (or every other week) isn't going to wreck someone who has a healthy outdoor lifestyle.  

I've never heard of either of these guys before.....both were SO ridiculously set in their ways.  Liked the wives and it did make for one of the more interesting of these shows.  I got the feeling that Ron Moss would have preferred to have it a REAL celebrity wife swap though.

• Love 2
(edited)

I couldn't tell them apart and lost interest because I had no idea who these two were.  When I looked back again I saw a really messed up four year old and was so disgusted I turned it off.  WTF.  I'm a big soap fan too, but DOOL and 2-3 others that were cancelled through the years.  Now some of these bad actors are showing up on my DOOL. Kassie dePaiva I'm looking at you. I'm very glad I missed the um, proposition some have posted. 

Edited by QuelleC
(edited)

I remember when Tyler first started on GH many years ago. He was much thinner than he is now so I get the food issues. Soap fans have been kind of brutal about his weight for quite some time. And yeah there is definitely a whole lot of Tyler in Nicholas Cassadine. 

I have never been a fan of Ronn Moss and I have to say he was exactly as I expected. So glad he is no longer on B&B anymore. 

Edited by Turkish

Never heard of these two before, never watched their shows.  But I still found the episode interesting.

My overall take -   Tyler is scared of losing his career, he knows his career is based on his looks, so he obsesses over his weight.   But 4 year old kids respond to eating being enjoyable, not a chore. 

Ronn, on the other hand, is trying too hard to prove that he is a virile, attractive, heterosexual man. A man who is so good with women that women will compete to pour  wine and cook gourmet meals for his very important friends, who can then sniff the wine importantly while pretending not to notice the camera  crew in the room.

Did he understand that celeb Wife Swap is a reality show?  because he seemed to be acting in a soap opera.   

• Love 6

I thought it was hysterica! I agree that they already knew each other, and played up their idiosyncrasies for laughs. Ronn Moss has always been a parody of himself - as the suave Ridge on B&B - but a "kook" off-screen. Tyler seems to be a great guy, and he and his wife have a real partnership of equals going on. 

I didn't see barely-suppressed anger, I saw barely-suppressed giggles. 

By the way, if I could choose to live in one of those houses forever, I'd take the Moss residence. It's gorgeous, inside and out. The house at the beach was nothing special, although I think people buy it for the access to the beach, not for the house itself. 

• Love 2

Please bring back the everyday crazy with the everyday people and regular ol' Wife Swap!

See I prefer the "celebrity" version. Normal everyday people should be spared this crap. Better it should be with the "rich and famous."

Well this was an odd one.  It seemed like Ronn was playing a part of Famous Romantic Sexy Soapopera Star.  I didn't know what to make of him, if he speaks like that in real life or what.  It seemed like he was speaking from a script.  Tyler just seemed like a normal if controlling guy along for the show-- maybe his wife's idea?  I can see where if he has a weight problem he's particular with food, but he could have let up for a couple of days...  Both wives were nice.  I think if I was Ronn's wife I'd have outgrown wanting my nude pictures on the walls, especially if another woman was coming over-- but I guess that's her claim to fame.  And Ashton Kutcher bought one so they must be art  ;)

• Love 1