Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S08.E12: Blue Skies and UTI's

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Third time that we have seen a Chef preparing food while complaining about Diarrhea. Ugh. This season of BD has seemed interminable.  I guess for me it's because no one on this cast is interesting or fun to watch, well maybe Eddie. They are either incompetent or bitchy. Captain Lee is off this season mainly becasue of the recent death of his son. I can't imagine the pain he is in.  

Was it Kevin who was on the toilet for an episode or two? I think I'll have a bowl of cereal.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, nokat said:

Was it Kevin who was on the toilet for an episode or two? I think I'll have a bowl of cereal.

Yes and before that it was Mila from BD Med. Seems like Bravo thinks they have a winner with this.

 

 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I could have punched Eddie when told that Elizabeth needed a doctor for the UTI -- "Is it really that bad?"

Said by a guy who's obviously never had one. Once they've reached the point of serious pain, they don't freakin' get better without antibiotics. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I could have punched Eddie when told that Elizabeth needed a doctor for the UTI -- "Is it really that bad?"

Said by a guy who's obviously never had one. Once they've reached the point of serious pain, they don't freakin' get better without antibiotics. 

I had one that traveled up to my kidneys, and that was some serious pain and I could barely walk to get antibiotics. UTI's are no joke.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm amazed that Lizzie could go five days not knowing she had a UTI and a kidney infection. As a 60-ish woman who has had, I dunno, maybe fifty UTIs in my life, the symptoms are intolerable and unmistakeable. 

I've never had a UTI, but I did have a kidney infection once.... and had zero idea until I peed and it looked like I had poured a can of Coke in the toilet. I hauled off to urgent care, cuz that wasn't looking right, and the doctor was amazed that I had no pain. She had me sit in an office chair and lean over and touch my toes. She then basically made two fists and kidney punched me on each side. Does that hurt? Um, yeah, you punched me, but apparently I should have shot out of the chair. 

Why am I not believing Elizabeth has a UTI too? Are they contagious and I don't know about it?

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

I could have punched Eddie when told that Elizabeth needed a doctor for the UTI -- "Is it really that bad?"

Really!  Pass a kidney stone Eddie and then you can weigh in. 

I don't mind Rachel much of the time, I find her potty mouth kind of entertaining (learned some new phrases from her!) and she is obviously an amazing chef, far better than any other chef they have had on the franchise.  Her out of control drunkenness, along with her lack of concern about such behavior after the fact, is really unpleasant though.  I had full on cringe watching her, and not in a fun way. 

Are we supposed to find James and Elizabeth's "romance" interesting?  Because I... zzzzzz.....

I find Rob's weirdness intriguing. 

Edited by Regalbegal
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Regalbegal said:

I find Rob's weirdness intriguing.

Me too. I find him more interesting than James and Elizabeth. His bromance with James is more interesting. I remind myself that he is Canadian and weird is normal.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Rob has said he's 'awkward' in a couple of talking heads. It must be hard to be good looking-- people expect something special from you and that would reve up the awkwardness, poor guy.  I think he's nice and finding the right girl would work wonders from him-- also getting out of the spotlight of a tv show.

Elizabeth is the most clueless of clueless.  Typical airhead girl who falls for a guy hard when all he wants is a short term romance-- starts talking marriage so soon he's running scared and doing something stupid to get her off his back (and conconcious) by ignoring her and winking at a poor innocent stew! And in typical airhead fashion Liz blames the GIRL.  And would take her loser 'future husband' back in a heartbeat.  She needs to get off the boat,too, and go live a simple life in small town America.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2021 at 7:12 PM, PaperTree said:

Cowboy dinner:  BBQ brisket, ribs, more meat, some taters, generic salad.  EZ

Anybody else think of the cowboys eating their dinner of beans by campfire in the movie Blazing Saddles?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2021 at 1:21 AM, Almost 3000 said:

She reminds me of the newest NY Housewife Leah. Probably already noted but I'm just catching up.

Rachel strikes me as way darker an uncontrollable drunk than Leah.  But YMMV.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Lizzing said:

And she's right about James.  He's a total fuckboi.

But so what if he is?  It doesn't make Rachel "right" to be such a vile asshole.  I will cop to possibly missing something terrible, but he seems - so far - one of the least objectionable fuckbois to show up on any of these boats.  He beats the bro-crew hands down as far as being a shitty human being to women.  

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I am loving this season because the stakes are so low.  The last seasons of BD and BDM gave me so much work PTSD flashbacks, I had to quit watching.  I'm all in for garden variety fuckbois, incompetent yet not malicious stews & deckies, and drunken, inappropriate chefs.  I still think Rachel is the best chef on any BD season. Yeah, she was embarrassing at the day resort, but she didn't creep on any crew member, jiz on a guest pillow, set the oven aflame with her neglect, or serve sad nachos.  Or freak out over a cucumber.  I still would have had more respect for her if she continued her walk-off, but at least she hasn't sexuallly harassed anyone.  Ane she's right about James.  He's a total fuckboi.

I'll happily join your minority 🙂 It's a great distraction from all the doom and gloom around us.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:
On 1/18/2021 at 10:21 PM, Lassus said:

James is going to turn into a douche, isn't he?

One doesn't suddenly turn into a douche.  A douche slowly reveals her/himself.

Maybe.  But deciding New Age Stew talking about marriage in the first three weeks (week?) is a bit much and backing off is a very very very low-level "douche" move.

I'm not saying he's any kind of saint or person I'd hang out with, but I'm more pushing back on the idea that he deserves the abuse he was getting from Rachel, or that he's up to the level of a score of past Below Deck douches.  Hell, Eddie's lies about Rocky and painting her as a liar were WAY worse, everyone seems to love him still.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I'm not saying he's any kind of saint or person I'd hang out with, but I'm more pushing back on the idea that he deserves the abuse he was getting from Rachel, or that he's up to the level of a score of past Below Deck douches. 

He's still a douche, nonetheless.  He was a douche when he was hitting on the other stews before Elizabeth.  So his douchey behavior after Elizabeth got too serious was not surprising, and totally deserving a tongue-lashing from a wasted Rachel.

12 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Hell, Eddie's lies about Rocky and painting her as a liar were WAY worse, everyone seems to love him still.

Well, I don't love him.  Although he does have a great head of hair.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

He's still a douche, nonetheless.  He was a douche when he was hitting on the other stews before Elizabeth. 

This may be fair, I certainly could have missed a particular something if anyone wants to point it out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Anybody else think of the cowboys eating their dinner of beans by campfire in the movie Blazing Saddles?

LOLOL
Mongo only pawn in game of life.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Primaries and guests seem to be alright, except for Creepy Son. Ugh, he looks like a skanky pervert. And poor Ashling, having caught his eye and forced to be appreciative of his leering. The dog is also creepy looking, with the one fang protruding. Yuck, not cute at all.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2021 at 10:04 PM, PaperTree said:

Classic "airhead".  In one ear and right out the other.

She seems like the type of girl who has always been very pretty and sweet, and has realized that just smiling a lot works for her as she goes through life.

23 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

How old is Elizabeth? I mean chronologically since her mental and emotional age come in at 14.

 

Elizabeth is 30.

Yes, you read that right.  She's THIRTY YEARS OLD.

23 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Third time that we have seen a Chef preparing food while complaining about Diarrhea. Ugh. This season of BD has seemed interminable.  I guess for me it's because no one on this cast is interesting or fun to watch, well maybe Eddie. They are either incompetent or bitchy. Captain Lee is off this season mainly becasue of the recent death of his son. I can't imagine the pain he is in.  

I can't understand why they only hire one person to cook.  Besides the fact that they are screwed if the chef gets sick mid-charter, it also makes for 12-16 days every day for the chef.  

And count me in the group who can't stand Rachel, drunk or sober.  Call me an old prude if you wish, but her foul mouth has no place in a professional work place.

17 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm amazed that Lizzie could go five days not knowing she had a UTI and a kidney infection. As a 60-ish woman who has had, I dunno, maybe fifty UTIs in my life, the symptoms are intolerable and unmistakeable. 

Some people actually have no symptoms until it gets into their kidneys.  And after it has traveled that far, the risk of sepsis is very real.  Francesca should be in the hospital.

Quote

 She needs to get off the boat,too, and go live a simple life in small town America

Hey, as someone who lives in small-town America, I resent that.  Most of us aren't that dumb and can see right through someone like James.  🙂

Re James vs. Rachel: Yes, James is a douche.  But Rachel is still wrong to be so mean to him.  She's not calling him out because she is concerned about Elizabeth.  If she were, she would talk to her privately.  Rachel just likes being mean.  And Elizabeth is old enough to not be so naive.  (30 YEARS OLD, Y'ALL!)

Edited by 88Keys
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Why is James a douche? Seems like a nice enough kid. So he was flirting with all the girls, what's the harm in that? He wasn't being creepy about it.

I noticed two giant cans of green beans in the galley. Canned green beans? Even if it was only a garnish on the steak, I wouldn't be happy to be served canned vegetables on such an expensive cruise.

And why did Texas people want the same food they eat back home?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I don't eat seafood so if I was on a super yacht I would want steaks and burgers and chicken - I'm sure the chef would hate me and my family! 

I don't remember all the details, but on WWHL Elizabeth said the marriage talk was all about James and a green card discussion.  I honestly didn't care enough to try and figure out the details but perhaps James was angling for the K-1 visa (and a different reality show)?

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tango64 said:

And why did Texas people want the same food they eat back home?

Perhaps they are "steak and potatoes" type people and don't want fussy fancy foods with seasonings they don't recognize, sauces that tastes odd, not a fan of smeared dashes of pureed whatever...just familiar cooked food elevated by a professional chef...

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

But so what if he is?  It doesn't make Rachel "right" to be such a vile asshole.  I will cop to possibly missing something terrible, but he seems - so far - one of the least objectionable fuckbois to show up on any of these boats.  He beats the bro-crew hands down as far as being a shitty human being to women.  

I haven't seen him being horrible to anyone. Rachel worries about James being an a-hole to Elizabeth. She is an adult, kind of. I want Rachel to make me food, but I'd have an alcohol free house.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Primaries and guests seem to be alright, except for Creepy Son. Ugh, he looks like a skanky pervert. And poor Ashling, having caught his eye and forced to be appreciative of his leering. The dog is also creepy looking, with the one fang protruding. Yuck, not cute at all.

Ashling said if she wasn't working, she might go there.

She just dropped down the rankings among the stews in all of the BD shows.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, aghst said:

Ashling said if she wasn't working, she might go there.

yeah I was like "what the heck do you find attractive, girl? The guy is disgusting."

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, 88Keys said:

 

Hey, as someone who lives in small-town America, I resent that.  Most of us aren't that dumb and can see right through someone like James.  🙂

 

I didn't word that right-- I'm sorry.  I also was born and raised in small town America,married and moved to another small town in America for years, then moved to a 3rd small town in America to retire! I meant no disrepect 😉 

I guess what I meant about Elizabeth is that she needs to get over herself-- she's not star material or anything really special.  I can throw a rock in this small town and hit a girl prettier than Elizabeth.  I think she'd end up happier if she'd be more realistic and move somewhere with a more 'small town' feeling, get involved, meet a nice guy (not some hunk trying to make it famous on a reality tv show) and settle down, have babies, join PTA, etc.  She's not smart enough to nagivate the waters of the group she's in now and it's showing.   (She's 30?!?!  I honesty thought she was around 19, and an emotionally young 19 at that!) 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

 

5 hours ago, Tango64 said:

And why did Texas people want the same food they eat back home?

I thought the exact same thing! I live in Texas and that's the last thing I'd expect to be served on a luxury yacht.  There's a steak house every few miles here where I live.  We vacation in the Virgin Islands yearly and although I'm not crazy experimental with food I do love to try new things like people from other states do.  Give me lobster with all the trimmings, you can keep the steak.  (said as I sit here digesting a steak dinner from the closest steak house near me!)

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well, if that dope Elizabeth and James were discussing a green card marriage, she was pretty stupid doing it on air because it is a crime. I don't think James was serious about it, however, I think he was just humoring her. Until she started to get serious, then he decided to check out. Elizabeth is just a ninny. She needs to grow up.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dleighg said:
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Ashling said if she wasn't working, she might go there.

yeah I was like "what the heck do you find attractive, girl? The guy is disgusting."

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Back Atcha · Reason: Removed 3/4 of the $$$ overkill.
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Perhaps they are "steak and potatoes" type people and don't want fussy fancy foods with seasonings they don't recognize, sauces that tastes odd, not a fan of smeared dashes of pureed whatever...just familiar cooked food elevated by a professional chef...

You just described me, to a tee!!  And, that is exactly what I would ask for if I win MegaMillions or Powerball and charter whatever yacht Captain Lee will be on!!  

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I can't understand why they only hire one person to cook.  Besides the fact that they are screwed if the chef gets sick mid-charter, it also makes for 12-16 days every day for the chef.  

Isn't the yacht small...and limited quarters for the crew?  Maybe that's one reason.

10 hours ago, 88Keys said:

And count me in the group who can't stand Rachel, drunk or sober.  Call me an old prude if you wish, but her foul mouth has no place in a professional work place.

I'm in awe of her talent and intelligence, but I don't fine anything else appealing.  I wonder if she has never seen videos of herself when she's "in a state."  Maybe she won't be so nonchalant after she watches "her" show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

He was a douche when he was hitting on the other stews before Elizabeth

If James didn't have success...or the type of attention he desires, he might stop his antics.

As long as there are women/stews who appreciate his approach, it won't change.  Why should it?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, stcroix said:

I didn't word that right-- I'm sorry.  I also was born and raised in small town America,married and moved to another small town in America for years, then moved to a 3rd small town in America to retire! I meant no disrepect 😉 

I guess what I meant about Elizabeth is that she needs to get over herself-- she's not star material or anything really special.  I can throw a rock in this small town and hit a girl prettier than Elizabeth.  I think she'd end up happier if she'd be more realistic and move somewhere with a more 'small town' feeling, get involved, meet a nice guy (not some hunk trying to make it famous on a reality tv show) and settle down, have babies, join PTA, etc.  She's not smart enough to nagivate the waters of the group she's in now and it's showing.   (She's 30?!?!  I honesty thought she was around 19, and an emotionally young 19 at that!) 

It's OK!  I get what you mean. Honestly, I think Elizabeth has probably gotten by on looks and sweetness for many years, and now she has a job where she gets to see the world and apparently doesn't have to put forth a lot of effort.  And she's even being rewarded by being on tv!  I don't think she's going to change.

And my jaw dropped when I realized she was 30.  I mean, she looks good for her age, but she seems very immature.  

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

If James didn't have success...or the type of attention he desires, he might stop his antics.

While there are women/stews who appreciate his approach, it won't change.

Right?  I keep saying how naive Elizabeth seems, but maybe she just likes the attention, too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I find James harmless. He's far less problematic than some others we've seen like Bobby, Bryan, Ashton, etc. The ones that get angry when a women isn't interested or respond the way they'd like them to.  

James was up-front that he's looking for fun.  Yes, he flirted with all the women, Elizabeth was the one who reciprocated with interest. He's been respectful towards her.  If anything, she's the one we see telling everyone their business.  I also don't blame him for freaking out a bit when she started talking marriage or for being a bit hurt that she didn't defend him to Rachel. Finally, I think his friendship with Izzy shows that he doesn't see all women as potential sexual conquests unlike some (see Bobby, Bryan & Ashton).

Rachel is a mess.  I think she's drinking a lot more than we realize. Hoping that being on this show helps her see that.  I understand why hearing about her behavior was triggering for Captain Lee.  They did a nice job with the montage.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2021 at 9:12 AM, sugarbaker design said:

He's still a douche, nonetheless.  He was a douche when he was hitting on the other stews before Elizabeth. 

This is a WAY better response than I was able to come up with:

16 minutes ago, snarts said:

James was up-front that he's looking for fun.  Yes, he flirted with all the women, Elizabeth was the one who reciprocated with interest. He's been respectful towards her.  If anything, she's the one we see telling everyone their business.  I also don't blame him for freaking out a bit when she started talking marriage or for being a bit hurt that she didn't defend him to Rachel. Finally, I think his friendship with Izzy shows that he doesn't see all women as potential sexual conquests unlike some (see Bobby, Bryan & Ashton).

 

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Lassus said:

This is a WAY better response than I was able to come up with:

I'm not cool with someone who flirts with co-workers in a closed environment setting with a staff of 10.  If you're a good-time guy/gal, save it for your day off.  Don't shit where you eat. That's just me.  I also think James gets away with it because he has an English accent.  If he spoke with a flat American mid-western accent he would seem way more douchey.  Was he respectful towards Elizabeth when he was winking at Ash?  And the James isn't douchey because he's cool with/didn't flirt with Izzy just doesn't wash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not cool with someone who flirts with co-workers in a closed environment setting with a staff of 10.  If you're a good-time guy/gal, save it for your day off.

I suppose, but..... this is not the franchise you are looking for, then.
giphy.gif

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I suppose, but..... this is not the franchise you are looking for, then.
giphy.gif

Oh, it definitely is! While I can't tolerate douches in real life, I love watching reality-show douches, especially in a maritime setting!  And I could watch the clip of Izzy slamming the wall when James snored all day long!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2021 at 10:13 AM, RoxiP said:

I don't eat seafood so if I was on a super yacht I would want steaks and burgers and chicken - I'm sure the chef would hate me and my family! 

I don't remember all the details, but on WWHL Elizabeth said the marriage talk was all about James and a green card discussion.  I honestly didn't care enough to try and figure out the details but perhaps James was angling for the K-1 visa (and a different reality show)?

This was in reference to one of the actuallly hilarious quotes from Izzy at the bar in response to when James said, “Our marriage that would last for....” and Izzy finished for him “however long the green card takes” 😂 And then drunk airhead says “Guys I don’t even joke about something like that” 

I paraphrased but that was the gist and yes that line from Izzy cracked me up.

 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't care what Rachel says in her talking heads or to the rest of the crew, but she was awful to the poor band members who couldn't do their job, not to mention the other guests who had to hear her!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, nokat said:

I want Rachel to make me food, but I'd have an alcohol free house.

No problem, she’ll just bring her own 🤣

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

I don't care what Rachel says in her talking heads or to the rest of the crew, but she was awful to the poor band members who couldn't do their job, not to mention the other guests who had to hear her!

If the cameras weren't on, she would have been dealt with.  I can imagine a producer off camera offering something to the band/resort to keep them from intervening.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

My Mom was born in Olla, LA. Raised in Houston, and ended up with Dad in New Jersey. 

She would make BBQ ribs and brisket to die for.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2021 at 12:07 PM, Jobiska said:

but she was awful to the poor band members who couldn't do their job,

Couldn't do THEIR job...or couldn't/wouldn't follow her orders?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Couldn't do THEIR job...or couldn't/wouldn't follow her orders?

I meant were not able to proceed with their job of playing and entertaining the other diners.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size