Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E32: Paul & Caitea

Cranberry

Paul met Caitea on Xbox and fell madly in love, but one day Caitea just disappeared! A decade later, Nev and Kamie help Paul find his first love. But what they find is one of the most shocking reveals in catfish history!

Airdate: January 19, 2021

This episode was an absolute shocker! Martha is a paedophile. I sincerely doubt that Katy was over 18 when her own mother stole her nudes. Not to mention I'm sure some of those teenage boys sent nudes of themselves to Martha.  Martha needs to be somewhere locked up.

ZlDVoFx.gif

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MdMaxx said:

This episode was an absolute shocker! Martha is a paedophile. I sincerely doubt that Katy was over 18 when her own mother stole her nudes. Not to mention I'm sure some of those teenage boys sent nudes of themselves to Martha.  Martha needs to be somewhere locked up.

ZlDVoFx.gif

Right, how were they not more shocked that she was a full adult enticing a teenager? Even if 16 is the age of consent he didn't know she was a 40 something. Also, she may have been also in a "relationship" with even younger kids, he wasn't the only one. Hope someone is looking into the legalities of it. Can you imagine the outrage if it was a teen girl and middle aged man? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chloecat said:

Right, how were they not more shocked that she was a full adult enticing a teenager? Even if 16 is the age of consent he didn't know she was a 40 something. Also, she may have been also in a "relationship" with even younger kids, he wasn't the only one. Hope someone is looking into the legalities of it. Can you imagine the outrage if it was a teen girl and middle aged man? 

^^^This. I despise the double standard -- there needs to be more outrage, just as if it was a teen girl and older guy. 

I don't think I could have a good relationship/trust my mom ever again if she did that to me. I'd probably cut her out of my life. 

Maybe I'm just a bitch. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, hookedontv said:

^^^This. I despise the double standard -- there needs to be more outrage, just as if it was a teen girl and older guy. 

I don't think I could have a good relationship/trust my mom ever again if she did that to me. I'd probably cut her out of my life. 

Maybe I'm just a bitch. 

I would never forgive my mother. There’s no way to know how many people she sent naked photos of her daughter to, and whether those photos will come back to haunt Katy at some point in her life. It’s truly unforgivable. 

And first the mom said she was completely alone because of her divorce and her one child leaving for college and Katy moving out, but then how was she able to go through Katy’s phone while she was asleep to steal photos if Katy supposedly wasn’t living there? She’s still making excuses and they don’t seem to be truthful. Her therapy isn’t working. 

• Love 5

Yeah... This one indeed takes the cake in terms of most shocking. Watched them all, but I agree with all of the above. This is a whole new level of creepiness and just being downright wrong.

I hope, why I do not know because it doesn't make it any less wrong, her daughter was indeed 18. But I think she probably wasn't. Which would make this even more horrible.

Not as much on the subject matter, but in general: I do love to watch out for weird things in reactions, settings, not trusting anyone in the episode, nitpicking details 🙂 which is what I think what makes this show so engaging and fun to watch for me.
So I was just wondering... You contact Nev asking for the zoom link, and before all of that, put up ring lighting for your mom in a separate room (as it shows in the reflection of her glasses clearly)? Might be the most normal thing in the world to do for someone in this day and age... I just thought it was weird it was so well prepared?

Edited by Chris.1980
Typos, obv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, Chris.1980 said:

So I was just wondering... You contact Nev asking for the zoom link, and before all of that, put up ring lighting for your mom in a separate room (as it shows in the reflection of her glasses clearly)? Might be the most normal thing in the world to do for someone in this day and age... I just thought it was weird it was so well prepared?

I have to believe that the filming of the 'main characters' is set up in advance. Whenever they call the person who sent the email, that person is always available and ready to talk on the phone. I think they try to balance it out by having the other people (like people who comment on Facebook pics and things like that) always not available or not immediately answering a text. But when they talk to the main characters, they are 99.9% of the time at home, able to talk, typically don't look like they rolled out of bed, etc. 

• Love 3
On January 21, 2021 at 9:09 AM, marny said:

And first the mom said she was completely alone because of her divorce and her one child leaving for college and Katy moving out, but then how was she able to go through Katy’s phone while she was asleep to steal photos if Katy supposedly wasn’t living there? She’s still making excuses and they don’t seem to be truthful. Her therapy isn’t working. 

This was my thought as well. If she was so unbearably lonely because all her family had left the house, then she couldn't be going through Katy's phone when she went to sleep. 

I wonder if the mother had any kind of a job. Lots of us have been divorced and our kids grow up and leave home. It's lonely but we fill our lives with other, NORMAL things. Friends, activities, visiting relatives, new relationships and our careers. (None of this during Covid now, but Martha started this 10 years ago). If the mother had some kind of job, particularly a career, she'd have something to fill the hours of the day and make new friends. Maybe meet a man in her age group. Feeling at the end of the day that she'd accomplished something.

At least Paul was TECHNICALLY legal but still---yech, ugh. Also to do this to her daughter...she's lucky Katy was willing to forgive her. That is a violation way too far. 

• Love 1