Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

Matt is just SO LAME, I can't deal with it. I mean, I will- I suffered through Pilot Pete and Ben F- but why is the casting for Bachelors so freaking bad? I'm very glad there's a black bachelor, but could they not have cast Mike from a few seasons ago or super hot Demar from last season? Or (even though he was too boyish for me) Ivan? I literally cover my face when Matt goes in for a kiss with his mouth wide open and then his eyes open through the whole ordeal. It's sooo cringey.

He also seems to have kind of an immature sense of humor with the ATV toppling and mud flinging last week, his fashion sense sucks, and I have never seen someone read erotica in a less sexy way. His face doesn't do it for me looks-wise (whoever said Gonzo upthread- nailed it), but I thought he'd have swag from my pre-show notions of him (mainly through his friendship with Tyler)- he does not.

The girls were catty and mean this week. Like, yeah, Sarah being weepy was annoying, but they seriously bullied her. It was gross.

I KNEW I liked Katie during her dildo intro!! She reminded me a bit of Lindsay from Sean's season who showed up really over the top on night 1 in her wedding dress but then turned out to be one of the cutest and most fun girls on the show.

• Love 17

Great post @jade.black.

When Sarah went to say good bye to Matt, I was taken out of the moment by wondering about the camera people. Or person. First we see Sarah knocking on Matt's door. Next scene, we are inside Matt's room, watching him from the back open his door. Was there a camera person waiting there with Matt? And when Matt opened the door, I was looking for the camera person who was filming Sarah from the back. Are these guys just good with keeping out of the frame, or was there just one camera operator?

I could imagine Sarah being told to knock on the door. Got that take. Then the camera person goes into Matt's room and has Matt open the door so that part could be spliced in. Then back outside to film Sarah walking through Matt's door. Or, that last one was filmed first, then spliced in in the correct order.

I didn't even hear what Sarah said to Matt because I was concentrating on how those scenes were fake filmed, not listening to the Sarah/Matt script.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

“I think that’s why he let me go because he saw my heart.” Girl, you were not kidnapped. You chose to leave with your own free will. And if you were bluffing for days on end and wanted him to beg you to stay, that’s on you. He should have “walked you out” three days ago.

How about he let her go because he had about 30 attractive women to choose from and he hasn't even begun to get to know them.  She made a fool out of herself talking about this great connection.   Those type of connections can be found every night in random bars where two people bare their souls to a stranger after a few drinks.   Move on.

• Love 10

I was a teensy bit afraid when Matt slammed himself on top of Sarah as she lay moaning piteously in bed. Not that he'd injure her, but that she was in danger  of falling victim to the Dale curse ( I want you and only you and I'll do anything). And now look what's happened to Dale and Clare, inevitably. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, Rainsong said:

A braying ass in a brown coat settles in for a picnic with Serena P.  A donkey is there also. 

Rainsong, this gave me the hardest belly laugh.  Well done! 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh gawd.  Ashley I.

None of the girls looked happy to see her. I don't blame them. Why do they keep inviting her back? They could have used a "love/sex coach" or something. The franchise needs to stop bringing in past contestants for no reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Wait a minute, most of these girls said they didn’t get time with him on this date. There will be hellfire raining down on the whatever resort in Pennsylvania. Bright side: at least he didn’t give the rose to Sarah?

And it was rightfully deserved. That was one of the most satisfying scenes of the Bach franchise that I've ever watched. I'm tired of people not standing up for themselves on this show so as to "not cause drama." I respect all the women who did and they all had valid reasons to do so. None of them went overboard, if you ask me. I am very disappointed in Sarah for labelling them "cruel" to Matt for defending themselves. This is the tactic of narcissists, abusers, and gaslighters. I would not have expected that from her. Looks and first impressional can be deceiving. She could not have gone soon enough.

21 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Sarah shouldn't have crashed the night or whatever, but the others let her ruin their evening by sitting around talking about it (and running after her to confront her) when they could have spent more time with Matt. And then they continue to complain about it the next day. Just ignore her...

It was too late at that point. The date was ruined, and Matt just confirmed it when he cut the night short and cheated all the women out. They had every right to act like they did

• Love 4
20 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

She's such a bully. Absolutely loving leading the others in ganging up on someone. 

Sarah deserved it, though. She disrespected every girl on the show. She put her feelings above all others.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Katie was quite sweet and empathetic towards Sarah, even though she was the one with the most reason to be mad at her. Katie has come off better than anyone else this week, including Matt. And Chris Harrison.

Well it helps when the other girls had her back and joined in defending her about what happened. It gave her room to be nicer.

21 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I'd like Katie a lot more for the way she talked to Sarah except she sat around being nasty and talking about her the entire day before. At least she seems to feel bad about it, though. 

How did Sarah NOT deserve any of that? Actions have consequences. You can't treat people like garbage and expect them to just take it lying down.

20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

At least Sarah gets to throw some shade at the beyotches in the house before she leaves.

So when Matt chooses no one at the end of this, he can always call Sarah.* Nice set up, show.

(*Not a spoiler, just snark.)

So the girls are "beyotches" for defending themselves? What planet am I on?

Edited by AllyCat7
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Wow , this has to be the cattiest group of bitches I have ever seen . It felt straight out of the movie Mean Girls and it really felt like watching a junior high school sleepover . Is Sarah extremely dramatic ? Yes . Is she an eeyore ? Yes . But have some class and stop bullying her . 

I hate when they cast all 21-24 year olds on this show . I know it creates the drama they want  , but it feels creepy and unrealistic watching a mature , much older lead deal with this pettiness . And barely any of these girls are attractive with the exception of Rachael and maybe Serena . Did they have trouble casting during covid ? 

Why is defending yourself considered mean? I don't get it.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I was a teensy bit afraid when Matt slammed himself on top of Sarah as she lay moaning piteously in bed. Not that he'd injure her, but that she was in danger  of falling victim to the Dale curse ( I want you and only you and I'll do anything). And now look what's happened to Dale and Clare, inevitably. 

Wow, didn't know that, but checked their IGs and it's confirmed. Can't say I'm surprised, after the rumors of him kissing another woman a couple months ago. Also, they both treated the other men in the house disrespectfully. I don't usually expect two people who behave like that to last long together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I wish the cocktail parties were structured differently.  LIke, have Matt introduce a topic (not related to childhood trauma r anything serious)  and they just all chatted together.  Then, MATT could take aside each woman for a little one-on-one "chat" to get to know her.  None of this "Can I steal you?"  crap, just everyone getting a few minutes to talk (or makeout, if that's how they want to spend the time)  

I love this idea, but it’s far too sensible and civilized for this show!

• Love 1

Sarah. Blech. I would have been more sympathetic to her departure had she not created so much drama around it. JUST LEAVE ALREADY. Telling the women she needed to leave because of her terminally ill father, and then telling Matt she needed to leave because she was feeling attacked by the women in the house? Okay.

Victoria was tolerable.

I don’t want to watch or listen to Matt kiss anyone else. It’s really unappealing.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

I think Sarah's running to be the next bachelorette. I can't stand women who cry as much as she does. What a downer.

She left in episode three.   Not sure anyone will remember her by the finale.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just watched this and have some comments before reading anyone else's (except I read page one's already).

It was annoying of Sarah to interrupt that group date. There seems to be a code of ethics and crashing a group date that you weren't invited on is part of the code. I'm guessing the producers probably encouraged her to go and talk to Matt about her feelings. They had to approve her interrupting that date. On the other hand, the women were mean and piling on her. This show has some faults, but there hasn't been a lot of group bullying, and I'd hate to see a gang of women conspire to target out certain women and bully them into quitting. Victoria's already doing that on her own and I think she's doing more egging on of the other women than we're shown. On the other hand, Sarah is an emotional mess and this probably wasn't the best place for her.

Matt is a nice and good-looking man, but he is not particularly telegenic. He's probably a lot better in person but he doesn't come across well on television. I guess there's a reason models and actors get chosen on reality TV shows - they can emote themselves in front of a camera. He must photograph well or else he wouldn't be a model but he's just not a TV guy. 

Did Matt and Serena wander into a rehearsal of A Midsummer Night's Dream? with Bottom the Ass and Friends? The donkeys were the best part - so cute! I was curious what breed of sheep they have there at Nemacolin. I went to their website but they don't have much detail about the animals. 

Thoughts on Victoria: I don't think she's a producer's plant but I think TPTB, after reading her casting info, psych eval, etc., encouraged her to act a certain way and be the queen. They probably tell her the other women are jealous. She was probably head of the mean girl clicque in high school. On the other hand, Katie showed true class and kindness in her talk with Sarah at the end. I knew I liked her for a reason and she is a nice woman.

I wanted to hear the second group date card read aloud!! And we didn't even get to see it. These episodes are getting messed up!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, drkshades said:

Seven Foot tall Matt was saddled up on retired rodeo star "Widowmaker", while petite 4 foot tall Serena rode along side him on a Shetland Pony named "Pokey"

This sentence made me laugh so hard, especially the bolded part.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

On the other hand, Sarah is an emotional mess and this probably wasn't the best place for her.

I agree.  The "psychologists" associated with the Bachelor Franchise let too many "sensitive" contestants fall through the cracks.  Sarah should NEVER have been on this show.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sheikh Yerbouti said:

I don’t want to watch or listen to Matt kiss anyone else. It’s really unappealing.

The camerapeople must HATE him.  There are always better angles...and Production should tell him that "eyes closed" looks so much better.  He looks like he's ready to pass out, bless his heart.  I wonder if his mother cringes as she watches him; he's SO uncomfortable.

Edited by Back Atcha
My Bolding
  • Love 1

Since we snark on the ladies' appearances all the time...let's talk about Matt. What the hell was he wearing? I saw a fuzzy, thick blue turtleneck sweater and then a brown suede jacket on top of that. Who dresses like that?

4 hours ago, AllyCat7 said:

Sarah deserved it, though. She disrespected every girl on the show. She put her feelings above all others.

When I read (and mostly agree) with comments like this, I really (really!) want people who know the particular contestant to join in and say, "I work with her, and that's how she rose to the top!"  Or..."I went to college with her and she's not like that at all."  Just give us the lowdown...c'mon.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

That wasn’t defending themselves . That was straight up bullying . 

Bullying implies an innocent victim, which Sarah was not. I'd agree that the other women piled on her and were mean. But "bullying" isn't the correct term. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, topanga said:

Bullying implies an innocent victim, which Sarah was not. I'd agree that the other women piled on her and were mean. But "bullying" isn't the correct term. 

Never heard that definition before. Confronting Sarah made sense. Ostracizing her and telling her she’d have no friends in the house was classic bullying. She stole time; she didn’t kill someone or even spread lies about them. The bullying was way over the top.

• Love 5
On 1/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, huahaha said:

Never heard that definition before. Confronting Sarah made sense. Ostracizing her and telling her she’d have no friends in the house was classic bullying. She stole time; she didn’t kill someone or even spread lies about them. The bullying was way over the top.

Bullying is defined as "abuse and mistreatment of someone vulnerable by someone stronger, more powerful." Sarah wasn't more vulnerable than the other women, and they didn't have more power than her. She not only stole time - repeatedly - but played the anguished victim to manipulate Matt. Then when the women called her on it, she cried and tried to manipulate them in the same way. Some of the women's reactions were unkind, but it wasn't bullying.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 11

Matt seems really young to me...like a middle school boy who just hit his growth spurt, all gangly and uncertain, like he has never kissed a girl.  I feel bad for him since he really had no idea what he was walking into.  He just seems so awkward and earnest—his lack of finesse with the ladies, his fumbling conversations...so young.

Sarah, on the other hand, seemed very calculating.  The lack of tears was telling.    Whatever her endgame, she knows what strings to pull!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Bullying is defined as "abuse and mistreatment of someone vulnerable by someone stronger, more powerful." Sarah wasn't more vulnerable than the other women, and they didn't have more power than her. She not only stole time - repeatedly - but played the anguished victim to manipulate Matt. Then when the women called her on it, she cried and tried to manipulate them in the same way. Some of the women's reaction was unkind, but it wasn't bullying.

A group of 25 against 1 is an inherent power. I have no use for Sarah and her blubbering but having the entire house saying she shouldn’t be there, no one will talk to her, she needs to go away is no different than mean high school girls. I do think it was nice of Katie to console her. We get time stealers every season, we don’t usually get entire groups trying to bully. 

• Love 6
On 1/19/2021 at 12:01 PM, Katie111 said:

This season is like watching a sorority house full of 21 year olds fight over the dumb football quarterback.  And not even at a D1 school.

Hahaha!

On 1/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, AllyCat7 said:

None of the girls looked happy to see her. I don't blame them. Why do they keep inviting her back? They could have used a "love/sex coach" or something. The franchise needs to stop bringing in past contestants for no reason.

I don't think it's that they weren't happy to see her...I think it's that they didn't know who she was!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't think it's that they weren't happy to see her...I think it's that they didn't know who she was!

Unless none of these people have seen any of the Bachelor Nation shows recently, it seems unlikely they wouldn’t have known who she was.  She has been the darling of this franchise for quite a while now. 

On 1/18/2021 at 8:52 PM, JenE4 said:

I don’t know the name of the girl who was just talking to Sarah. (was that the same one Sarah interrupted on the group date?) But that was sweet the way she both told Sarah she wants her to see it through with Matt because she wouldn’t want him wondering “What if” and also how she related with losing her father. I don’t know whether she took this initiative to comfort Sarah on her own, but if not, the producers chose the right person to talk with her.

That was Katie, who said she didn’t like what had happened to Sarah the night before.  Yeah.  Except she didn’t defend Sarah against the mean girl mob either.  I sincerely hope that Matt goes to that coven of b-words and chews them out, a la the President - I hear any of you disrespecting anyone in the group and you will be immediately sent home.  Period.  Victoria won’t last another episode with that rule.

Sarah should most likely not have come, but one cannot tell how a situation will play out until actually being in it.

That said, is there any word on her dad’s condition now, several months after filming?  

• Love 3
On 1/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, huahaha said:

I think it was more a pile up or meanness and cruelty. They weren’t happy about what she had done and weren’t polite in telling her. The term bullying loses its value when used for everything. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Even more evidence that the producers do little or no vetting of contestants. 

I think they did vet her and the arrest/mug shot is exactly why they cast her.

ETA: Does anyone else think she looks like Vienna Girardi (Jake's season's "winner") in that mug shot?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/18/2021 at 8:54 PM, Crashcourse said:

Katie really came through as nice and empathetic in her conversation with Sarah.  I'll no longer call her Dildo Girl.

I think I finally got her name down, but it's still Dildo Girl if I forget. 

• LOL 1

I've been watching this show for ten years, not because it's a great love story but because it's generally fun to watch. This episode changed my mind. These women are horrible. Worse than Ben Flajnik's season. Victoria is not good television. Matt is equal parts boring and stupid. Adding more women next week to this terrible situation WILL make it even worse.

Edited by ClareWalks
To clarify which Ben
  • Love 4
On 1/22/2021 at 11:27 AM, Twiz44 said:

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this. The “Queen” wasn’t wearing her tiara in this photo. https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelors-victoria-larson-arrested-in-2012-for-shoplifting/

I hope Victoria asked the police to call her "Queen."

Before the mugshot was the story about Sarah vs the Mean Girls.  It included a lot of glamourous selfies of Sarah and her voice over  giving a sermon about how women should support other women and always be considerate and kind, etc.  I didn't find crashing the group date,  pouting in her room all day, and whining to Matt, all that kind, considerate or supportive of the other women.

I didn't like the pile on, but now that Sarah has set herself up as our pastor and most saintly victim, I'm on their side.

• Love 11