Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Kellyanne Conway, Katie Couric and Matt Jones

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please don't speculate on any specifics. Watch, then post.  

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, LaylaGirl said:

Kellyanne Conway will be on his first show of the new season. That should be frustratingly interesting!

UGH. I expect some major sympathy (or what passes for it by Bill) and tongue bath, instead of "I TOLD YOU SO!" type of back and forth to the Crypt Keeper.

I was hoping for Michael Moore, to be frank.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He better be eating some CROW.

I don't think he's going to be eating any crow at all.  I think he's going to be all "I was so right...I told you 45 wasn't going to leave!"  In fact, during the siege on the Capitol, my thoughts were that Bill Maher is probably lounging in a haze of weed, congratulating himself on his foresight.

Edited by meowmommy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I don't think he's going to be eating any crow at all.  I think he's going to be all "I was so right...I told you 45 wasn't going to leave!"  In fact, during the siege on the Capitol, my thoughts were that Bill Maher is probably lounging in a haze of weed, congratulating himself on his foresight.

But Bill thought he'd succeed in his little coup attempt, instead of it disintegrating in front of the world. Someone on the panel had better be prepared to lay the smack on him if he gets too full of himself.

Will the show be in front of a live audience, instead of in his backyard? He'd better not, with the pandemic getting out of control in his neck of the woods. But Bill, like his kindred spirit, the president, needs his audience to soothe his raging narcissistic ego!

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Oh, right!

Except Bill is wrong.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, One Imaginary Girl said:

I don't mind if he gloats about forecasting that Trump wouldn't leave. Unfortunately, recent events will probably also cause him to pontificate on his favorite hobbyhorse, "free speech." 

Yup. "Twitter is violating his free speech!" "Cancel culture is out of control!" "Liberals need to try harder to reach out to his supporters!" I'll be quite surprised if Bill has a bit of a change of heart on at least ONE of these!

• Love 4
On 1/14/2021 at 12:32 PM, Tachi Rocinante said:

Kellyanne Conway?  Really?  No matter what angle Bill takes, she's still going to be a smug twat because Trump did win 4 years ago. I see some fast-forwarding in my near future.

Frankly, I find it appalling that he would have her on after all that has happened in the past week... her role for the past four years as chief spokesperson for this administration was one of disgrace and lies. WTF Bill???

3 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

Yup. "Twitter is violating his free speech!" "Cancel culture is out of control!" "Liberals need to try harder to reach out to his supporters!" I'll be quite surprised if Bill has a bit of a change of heart on at least ONE of these!

SO TRUE!!!! 

• Love 7

I'm depending on you folks in the Eastern time zone to let me know whether ConwayPalooza is worth watching or should i just record the show, watch it tomorrow and skip through her typical deflection and BS.  Bill should have had George Conway on instead. At least he sees Trump for what he really is.  Post away people.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

I'm depending on you folks in the Eastern time zone to let me know whether ConwayPalooza is worth watching or should i just record the show, watch it tomorrow and skip through her typical deflection and BS.  Bill should have had George Conway on instead. At least he sees Trump for what he really is.  Post away people.

I just said that to my husband that he should have had George Conway on. Shouldn't Kellyanne be at home trying to rein her rebellious teenage daughter in?

• Love 5

ConwayPalooza was the usual non-stop blonde Republican talking non-stop without pausing to breathe or let Bill get a word in edgewise while she deflected and BSed. They must all go to Filibuster School.

She did look ~10 yrs younger. She may have had some work done or her stress level is way down.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 14

LIARLIARLIARLIARLIARLIAR!!!

That’s what I kept yelling with every single word out her lying ass mouth. As if she was the FIRST WOMAN who was allowed to “be heard” or could speak her mind to a president.  GMAFB.

And I thought for sure Bill would call a spade a spade and not use euphemisms for the domestic terrorists that attacked the Capitol. Because that’s what they were. And he did disappoint me. If they had been Muslims, would he or others call them “Muslim mob”, “Muslim Rioters”, or “Marauders”?

Actually, Katie disappointed me when they were talking about Twitter, Facebook, etc. banning Trump. They are not a government institution. They are private companies who can ban whoever they want.

Yes Bill, make a martyr out of that QAnon victim instead of talking about how the terrorists murdered that cop by beating him to death with a fire extinguisher.

And Bill really thinks that members of Congress and the Senate who violate the 14th Amendment can’t be expelled or censured? Because according to him they are “in Congress!” 

Oh look! Again with the “we need to understand those who live in the rural areas because they’re overlooked” defense.😒😒😒🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 19

Thanks  guys.  I'm not even sure that I'll watch the show tomorrow even after fast forwarding through Filbuster Barbie.   Throughout this pandemic I got tired of Bill's smug self-rightousness and his frequent attempts at false equivalence. It sounds like tonight is no exception, 

• Love 8

So I'm guessing Bill was sympathetic to the QAnon woman who was trampled to death by her fellow QAnon believers? Why? It's too bad it happened but she shouldn't have been there trying to storm the Capitol with a large group of angry white guys that were looking to hang Mike Pence and kill Nancy Pelosi. WTF is going with Bill these days??? No sympathy for the Capitol policeman who was beaten to death? Rest assured if this mob was Muslim Bill would have been devoting his entire show to anti Muslim remarks and vitriol. Bill is becoming unhinged and seems to be leaning far right Libertarian fringe these days. I'm so glad I do not watch him anymore...I remember when he made sense. Now he's just another Boomer white guy who hates anyone under 40 and flirts with far right conspiracies.

• Love 8

First of all: fuck Kellyanne Conway.

Second point: fuck Bill for that waste of time.

Did Bill really think that interview went well for him, or was productive?  Claudia Conway does a better job holding her publicly accountable.

We just went through a coup, and he’s still treating KC like an honest broker.  If she’s not even going to pretend to be sorry for what she put the country through, she should be shunned.

ETA:  Matt Jones was 100% correct about Nikki Haley.  I’m on a few Republican mailing lists, and have gotten the identical Nikki Haley fundraising email from ten different sources in the past two days.  Not only that, her’s was the only name I saw in my Republican inbox.  No Rand, Mitch, Don (or jr.), Eric, Ivanka, Mike, Josh, Jim, or Newt.  Just Nikki.

Edited by revbfc
(Updated for content.)
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Kellyanne is just a professional filibusterer, a troll. 

She spent more time talking about charter schools and the corporate tax rate than she did talking about the insurrection last week. The nonchalant way she described that event was remarkable. "We accomplished so much during the administration, though I agree what happened last week was unfortunate." WTF? 

It was also interesting that she thinks that historians that will write about the Trump presidency have not been born yet. Says who? I happen to be a historian, and there's nothing wrong about writing about something that happened during my lifetime. 

It's almost impossible to have a reasonable interview with her. She keeps talking just to fill the time. 

• Love 18

KC makes me want to throw bricks. And Bill being so conciliatory towards her is vomit worthy. This is Ms. Alternative Facts here. She is complicit in this whole mess. 

I do actually get where Bill was going with the Ashli Babbitt stuff. I think it’s incredibly sad that she was willing to die over bullshit. Just imagine if someone you cared about went down the Q rabbit hole and died because of their fervent belief in that nonsense. Is their death a direct consequence of their actions. Sure. But it can still be sad. 

• Love 13
On 1/14/2021 at 1:00 PM, meowmommy said:

Ha!! Me too!! 

KC certainly stays on brand. Unless I missed it, Bill didn’t float too much about DJT not wanting to leave. I enjoyed the discussion and quite liked bill pointing out that lots of politicians reach out to rural Americans. Unfortunately they stopped short of hitting the point....DJT was embraced because he was the only politician brave/stupid enough to openly weaponize their bigotry and hate of the “other”. 

• Love 18

Seriously, is Kellyanne Conway even still alive? She looks like she died three years ago, and someone dug up her corpse, painted her face flesh colored, put some clothes on her and posed her on the stage. She's CGI at this point. That is one scary looking woman.

I will never understand why Bill continues to give this odious woman a second of air time. It's especially egregious after last week's events to bring out any apologists or spin doctors. I expect better from this show (yes, this show).

I thought the panel discussion was disappointing too. And Katie Couric's earrings looked like they weighed about five pounds.

• Love 4

Bill calling Joe Biden a "tragedy magnet" (I think I got that right) was in poor taste. Whether Bill meant to or not, he insulted a man who lost his wife/children several times over.

I agree with everyone here about Kellyanne Conway -- what a waste of airtime.

But on the plus side, I'm glad Bill addressed the issue of the CBD oil company using his name. More than once, I clicked on a link saying Bill's show was being cancelled -- only to see an ad for CBD oil! Bad. 😠

• Love 9

All I see when I look at Kellyanne Conway is beige.  Her beige hair is always the same shade as her beige face and it's a welcome distraction because it prevents me from actually hearing anything that comes out of her beige mouth. 

But I will always thank her for wearing this to DJT's inauguration for all the laughs it provided me c3b4852b82eab0569e142e8d078ff212.thumb.jpg.5ce8624fb972b9f99c74c2fe5ecdf55c.jpg

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, arachne said:

Bill calling Joe Biden a "tragedy magnet" (I think I got that right) was in poor taste. Whether Bill meant to or not, he insulted a man who lost his wife/children several times over.

I agree with everyone here about Kellyanne Conway -- what a waste of airtime.

But on the plus side, I'm glad Bill addressed the issue of the CBD oil company using his name. More than once, I clicked on a link saying Bill's show was being cancelled -- only to see an ad for CBD oil! Bad. 😠

I would expect nothing less from Bill...a guy who has no family, no empathy (though it sounds like he he a lot of empathy for the QAnon woman who was shot trying to bust down the doors to get to Pelosi) and so little regard for other people's losses. He has made a lot of snarky remarks about Biden but that one was crass and yes, in poor taste. 

• Love 8

One of the first things that I did this morning was to delete the recording of last night's show.  Unless Bill gets off his self-indulgent high horse and stops drinking his own Kool-Aid I may be done with him.  The issues that he pontificates on are too serious and/or deadly to deal with. I'll check in here before deciding to watch an individual show. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

But I will always thank her for wearing this to DJT's inauguration for all the laughs it provided me

Damn, those are some ugly ass shoes.  They look like the shoes Anne Hathaway wore in The Witches, which seems appropriate.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

So I'm guessing Bill was sympathetic to the QAnon woman who was trampled to death by her fellow QAnon believers? Why? It's too bad it happened but she shouldn't have been there trying to storm the Capitol with a large group of angry white guys that were looking to hang Mike Pence and kill Nancy Pelosi. WTF is going with Bill these days??? No sympathy for the Capitol policeman who was beaten to death? Rest assured if this mob was Muslim Bill would have been devoting his entire show to anti Muslim remarks and vitriol. Bill is becoming unhinged and seems to be leaning far right Libertarian fringe these days. I'm so glad I do not watch him anymore...I remember when he made sense. Now he's just another Boomer white guy who hates anyone under 40 and flirts with far right conspiracies.

I'm still a fan, but I see what everyone is saying about Bill. I appreciate that he's not politically correct, but I agree he wouldn't have been as sympathetic to anyone involved had they been Muslim. I guess I appreciate that he doesn't cater to a group of folks though. That's what's missing in most news/political shows. The TV personalities know they have a base, and they tell the base what they want to hear. Even when Bill annoys me, as a female under 40 who has loved ones of different colors and faiths, I don't think he's hateful. But he can sound a little Fox News at times. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm still a fan, but I see what everyone is saying about Bill. I appreciate that he's not politically correct, but I agree he wouldn't have been as sympathetic to anyone involved had they been Muslim. I guess I appreciate that he doesn't cater to a group of folks though. That's what's missing in most news/political shows. The TV personalities know they have a base, and they tell the base what they want to hear. Even when Bill annoys me, as a female under 40 who has loved ones of different colors and faiths, I don't think he's hateful. But he can sound a little Fox News at times. 

Come again? He absolutely does cater to the batshit crazy loons. Proof is him asking them all to come on his shows, repeatedly, thanking them for being so brave, and not calling them out on their shit. Instead, he lets them spew. Like he did just last night again, with the Crypt Keeper.

I really thought he would be more serious about the attack on the Capitol last week. Treat it with the gravitas it deserved. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12

I liked Bill pointing out that he would never endorse CBD oil, because it comes from the part of the plant that doesn't get you high!

A big WTF, however, to having Crypt Keeper Conway on. She thankfully made herself irrelevant when she resigned, there's no reason to dig her up now. It was too bad there was such a sparse audience there, otherwise she may have gotten some pushback from them, because, as expected, she got little from Bill. A totally pointless waste of time. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Come again? He absolutely does cater to the batshit crazy loons. Proof is him asking them all to come on his shows, repeatedly, thanking them for being so brave, and not calling them out on their shit. Instead, he lets them spew. Like he did just last night again, with the Crypt Keeper.

I thought Bill’s audience was mostly liberal? He doesn’t cater to liberals. 

Ok, folks.  I know this isn’t an airport and I don’t need to announce my departure, but enough is enough.  Based on the tragedy magnet statement, Bill is going to treat Joe like a leper for the next four years.  Joe is going to have to rebuild America and it would be nice if, once, Bill would get behind Joe instead of putting him down.

Been a long time watcher but I am out.  Thanks, all.

• Love 14

Kellyanne Conway is such a non-factor and my brain dumped whatever the hell I heard her spew at a hundred fifty words a minute,  that I read the first few comments about KC thinking why is everyone so mad at Katie Couric!

Hearing Bill talk about the Trump brand being here to stay, referencing his threats to run again in 2024 and noting many of the republicans were afraid to stand up for what's right lest they alienate his supporters...

then say "we let the alien on to the spaceship" was worth the price of admission.

• LOL 1

That was probably one of the most disingenuous New Rules sermons Bill has ever spewed out, and he's spewed out plenty!

We should all look at the president's supporters with empathy like we look at Muslims and others who follow the faith of Islam after a terrorist attack overseas? EAT SHIT AND FUCK OFF, BILL! Those terrorists twist the teachings of Islam in order to justify their actions. There's nothing to twist about this president's message to his supporters. They KNOW what he's all about. Democrats are evil, and people who are not white male Christians are gaming the system for their benefit at the expense of WMCs, and must be dealt with immediately! And anyone who disagrees with that is the enemy, doubting Republicans included!

We should feel for that woman who got gunned down by the cops because of her economic situation? ZERO FUCKS GIVEN, BILL!!! As well as to those that stormed the Capitol last Wednesday, like that real estate agent from Houston who flew to Washington and back on a private jet! Economic anxiety is NOT what drives these supporters to this president, as the majority of them are upper middle class and higher.

A couple of years ago, Bill wanted to see the country go through a recession in order for the president's supporters to turn on him. Well, he got his recession and then some, thanks to the Covid pandemic that has ravaged the country thanks to his gross incompetence. And how did the president's supporters punish him for driving the economy off the cliff? By giving him 12 million MORE votes than the last election! Economic anxiety my left butt cheek! Funny how he doesn't bring THAT up anymore, but keeps telling us to be nice to them over and over again! Perhaps someone on the panel should shove that in his face next time.

I don't mind opposing viewpoints. But when you give bullshit artists like Kellyanne Conway and Ann Coulter a platform to spew their bullshit, like Bill does constantly, they win! Bill interviewing Conway is exactly what I expected it to be! And Bill thinks he handled her well when he just makes an asshole of himself.

And finally, just like the soon to be ousted president, Bill just has to have a live audience to cheer him on as the pandemic in his neck of the woods is getting worse. A textbook narcissistic personality disorder if ever there was one!

Fell good about yourselves HBO for extending this fucking asshole's contract?

• Love 15
On 1/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really thought he would be more serious about the attack on the Capitol last week. Treat it with the gravitas it deserved. 

Everytime he has someone on from the far right like Ben Shapiro, Boris Epsteyhn (sp?), Steve Bannon, Anne Coulter, Roger Stone, etc. etc...the first thing he does is tell them how brave they are to come on his show. For the life of me I can't imagine why they wouldn't come on his show...they get the red carpet treatment from him with little push back at all and a lot of commiserating about how colleges don't want them to speak at their campuses. I have seen him be rude to many people, especially women who lean left...won't even let them finish a sentence and cuts them off or cuts them down verbally. Apparently that did not happen with the awful and deplorable Kellyanne Conway. I don't know what's happened to this guy...if you watch any of his shows from 2015 and 2016, you see a totally different person. Is he audtioning for a gig on Fox?  He reminds me of Geraldo Rivera. Back in the 70's and 80's he was a liberal fighter for various causes and then he became a buffoon...that lead to him becoming a far right Fox News personality. Bill is in the buffoon stage now. A couple of more years and he will be doing schtick on Fox like Dennis Miller.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

That was probably one of the most disingenuous New Rules sermons Bill has ever spewed out, and he's spewed out plenty!

We should all look at the president's supporters with empathy like we look at Muslims and others who follow the faith of Islam after a terrorist attack overseas? EAT SHIT AND FUCK OFF, BILL! Those terrorists twist the teachings of Islam in order to justify their actions. There's nothing to twist about this president's message to his supporters. They KNOW what he's all about. Democrats are evil, and people who are not white male Christians are gaming the system for their benefit at the expense of WMCs, and must be dealt with immediately! And anyone who disagrees with that is the enemy, doubting Republicans included!

We should feel for that woman who got gunned down by the cops because of her economic situation? ZERO FUCKS GIVEN, BILL!!! As well as to those that stormed the Capitol last Wednesday, like that real estate agent from Houston who flew to Washington and back on a private jet! Economic anxiety is NOT what drives these supporters to this president, as the majority of them are upper middle class and higher.

A couple of years ago, Bill wanted to see the country go through a recession in order for the president's supporters to turn on him. Well, he got his recession and then some, thanks to the Covid pandemic that has ravaged the country thanks to his gross incompetence. And how did the president's supporters punish him for driving the economy off the cliff? By giving him 12 million MORE votes than the last election! Economic anxiety my left butt cheek! Funny how he doesn't bring THAT up anymore, but keeps telling us to be nice to them over and over again! Perhaps someone on the panel should shove that in his face next time.

I don't mind opposing viewpoints. But when you give bullshit artists like Kellyanne Conway and Ann Coulter a platform to spew their bullshit, like Bill does constantly, they win! Bill interviewing Conway is exactly what I expected it to be! And Bill thinks he handled her well when he just makes an asshole of himself.

And finally, just like the soon to be ousted president, Bill just has to have a live audience to cheer him on as the pandemic in his neck of the woods is getting worse. A textbook narcissistic personality disorder if ever there was one!

Fell good about yourselves HBO for extending this fucking asshole's contract?

BRAVO!!!!! It's amazing how Bill thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and "understands" these Trump supporters. Clearly, he doesn't. How many of them live in his part of the world...you know Beverly Hills...NONE. This isn't about economics or wage disparity...it's about race. Trump appealed to their inner racist self. He stoked it during both campaigns and then threw a match on it while in office. For shits and giggles Trump included fighting mask wearing and lying about the pandemic from the get go. As I recall Bill was on the "herd immunity" bandwagon and of course, he's an anti vaxxer. There is nothing remotely sane with what Bill is preaching now.  When he was on Howard Stern's radio show last year he told Howard that they had a lot on common when it came to keeping liberals in their place. Thing is, Howard spent a good deal of time forcefully voicing his anger about how Trump and his administration were making a mess of the COVID crisis and doing nothing to help the country fight it...he ranted on it almost everyday and during the election he made it clear Trump was a disaster and he wanted him out. How disappointed Bill must be to see his "bro" Howard jump off the crazy train Bill is riding. Couldn't agree with you more about HBO extending his contract...bad decision. Can't wait until John Oliver is back in February...we all could use some comic relief with a dose of intelligent critiquing.

6 hours ago, b2H said:

Ok, folks.  I know this isn’t an airport and I don’t need to announce my departure, but enough is enough.  Based on the tragedy magnet statement, Bill is going to treat Joe like a leper for the next four years.  Joe is going to have to rebuild America and it would be nice if, once, Bill would get behind Joe instead of putting him down.

Been a long time watcher but I am out.  Thanks, all.

Me too...haven't watched him since early 2019.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

^ I definitely rolled my eyes at those comments. I wonder if Bill changed after he got in trouble for some of the stuff he’s said and done (n word and what he said to Rose McGowan). 

He hasn't changed...legal told him tone it down. He's a misogynist through and through.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

That was disappointing. Colbert blew Bill out of the water with his coverage, rants and comedy this week.   

After an almost two month vacation, I would have thought Bill and the writers would have come up with some better material. I've watched this show for years, and Bill Maher is coming across as an old whiny sourpuss who only occasionally cracks a pithy line. Sad.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Is Bill going to deliver a lot of old people jokes to Joe Biden? It seems like he is! 😠

I didn't watch the show but did Bill really call Biden a tragedy magnet?  What the hell is wrong with him? He sounds like a die hard Bernie Bro dead ender. You have to wonder if he'll start pushing crap about Joe's  mental competence like some of them still do. Geez!

• Love 3