Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Countdown to Meltdown

• Start Topic

On 1/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

Check out the body language and facial expressions:

https://www.thewrap.com/married-at-first-sight-season-12-lifetime/

Considering how image-conscious Chris is, I was surprised at the ugly brown suit he was wearing.  I know that too-small is a trend in men's suits (a god-awful trend), but his sleeve length just made it look cheap and ill-fitting.  Plus his beard looked terrible.

Erik and Virginia looked surprisingly at ease, and she wasn't recoiling from his kiss!

Ryan and Clara looked comfortably cozy, and Vincent and Brianna looked comfortably intertwined.

Jacob and Haley...yeah, no.  Her smile couldn't have looked more fake.

• Love 2
On 1/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, Silver Bells said:

Oh goody.  Australia is coming back next month.

Can’t find the topic for Australia.  I can’t do three hours on the US version and loved the Australian version.

Where is the topic for Australia??!

ETA:  Never mind - found it!!!!

Edited by b2H
(edited)
On 1/15/2021 at 6:45 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

Check out the body language and facial expressions:

https://www.thewrap.com/married-at-first-sight-season-12-lifetime/

Brincent look like they are together at the time of the photo shoot..she’s positioned in his crotchal...a place she’s all comfortable to be photograph for a national magazine

Paige and Chris in the junior prom pose...they had sex but called it kaput because he’s thinks he’s too much of a catch to be married at his age and still thinks this basic cable teevee show will boost his brand and success in meeting and dating supermodels...har har Har...ask Nick, Tristan, Brandon and all those other MAFS entrepreneurs that got zero bounce from being on the show

Paige oozes winner. Chris will be her biggest misstep in life.

Clara (look out JamieO, this beyotch is using your manual of fame-ho-ing) and her elf....he’ll tire of her emoting and boohooing jags but she will use her experience tasting all the flavors of the different shades of men to keep her Keebler husband into buying those Trader Joe’s and Costco bunches of flowers....

Erik...are you the new Ricky Bobby? (Jumping up and down in glee)
I totally Covid Need a mushy pilot to fall gobsmack in love with his flighty stranger....you were warned of all the puns writing themselves 

Last, but first in mutual hatred with their spouse is Grandpappy Jacob and Hell No Haley...

Methinks Jacob just photoshopped himself into that picture of Haley on the set of steps since she totally despises him....She needs a trophy husband to trot around the show ring to make all her married girlfriends jealous..not a socially inept computer nerd with the gamer lair.

With the 80’s as his favorite era he is the embodiment 60 year old man in a thirty something body...ugh.

This dumpster fire will be lit at the reception.....fast and white hot....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Vis-a-vis the link to the photos, are we allowed to post such items to the episode threads? If so, there are much better photos of these couples available on Instagram and I'll post the link if we're allowed. Thanks! 

• Useful 3
9 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Vis-a-vis the link to the photos, are we allowed to post such items to the episode threads? If so, there are much better photos of these couples available on Instagram and I'll post the link if we're allowed. Thanks! 

I think those would go in the thread for social media and spoilers. 

Chris is a horrible person. I’ve never seen such a self obsessed, rude, full of crap person on the show before. He’s so obviously on it for attention/fame. Also, what kind of “Pastor” is out there discussing all the sex he has?? I’ve never been to a church that condoned sex before marriage yet this guy is a purported Minister??? Huh?? “What if she’s ugly?” WTF??? He’s awful and he’s a totally fake Christian.  Another thing, he wants up to 7 kids cause he wants to put his name out there because he’s been born to reproduce?! WTF?? Finally, he wants someone submissive??  What year is this?? Ughhh this guy is disgusting. 

• Love 12

Finally got around to watching this THREE HOUR episode of...nothing.  

Anyway, I have to disagree with some of the posts here.  I think Paige is beautiful, even with her big face.  When she smiles, she lights up the room, IMO (maybe because her face is so big? :/).  I have a sinking feeling she will stay with Chris because she is of the belief that she is on the show because of divine intervention and she will do anything to make it work.  Chris is just a huge loser and wannabe.  I can't stand even looking at him.

I think Virginia, despite (or because of) her immaturity, is going give Erik the most fun he's ever had.  She will like the prestige and perks that come with having a husband from a family that owns a hangar and a couple of planes.  Not to mention all of those free first-class trips she can take around the world.  I would not be surprised if she eventually quits her job as a "customer experience" marketing person and joins Erik's fabulous mom on the charity luncheon circuit.

Jacob and Haley are probably two of the most generic people ever cast on this show.  It is like they were generated from an AI algorithm.  Boring.  Their dogs are the o.

I like Clara.  I think she is fun and she will find elfRyan attractive.  He will be attracted to her also.  He won't mind her flight attendant schedule because he works out three hours a day and won't miss her anyway.  It was pretty funny how he talked about music being a big part of his life when he had the letters of the notes taped or written with sharpie on the keys of his keyboard.  

Brianna and Vincent seem like a pretty good fit.  They both seem kind and in it for the right reason.  Fingers crossed for these two.

• Love 6

Maybe it's just me but Vincent seems too boyish next to Brianna; hope he brings it with the earnings because she doesn't want to carry them.

It's too early to tell yet, but Haley seems like a better match for Erik than party gurl Virginia. It may be fun for a while but if Virginia doesn't settle down they may be in for some turbulence later on - (writing themselves indeed, @humbleopinion). Me thinks Mama-Erik will be turning up serious nose with this match.

The masks were stupid - no one's covering their mouths, it's ridiculous to cover their eyes.

Probably an UO but I think Paige is almost as fake as Chris. Her "God-fearing" boobs were prominently displayed while she pontificated on her faith- shout-out to Clara's obvious side eye.  Maybe instead of God "ordaining" this disaster there's a big lesson coming on - hope she'll be listening.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Probably an UO but I think Paige is almost as fake as Chris. Her "God-fearing" boobs were prominently displayed while she pontificated on her faith- shout-out to Clara's obvious side eye.  Maybe instead of God "ordaining" this disaster there's a big lesson coming on - hope she'll be listening.

I think Paige showed her true self at the bachelorette party.  I can't blame it all on the alcohol.  Now I'm beginning to think that she and Chris deserve each other.

• Love 7

Slightly misleading editing - during the "outside the bathroom puking" scene, you can see Virginia in the background, STILL at the party. Not saying the puking didn't happen that night, but it wasn't at that moment. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Chris and I both be late and I brought my masked blow up doll, too.

Paige, your panties will drop as soon as Chris says he's an ordained minister...no condom required access to all portals...

Virginia, party girl extraordinaire please get this marriage right.

Virginia, you have the most perfect resume to co-chair with your MIL all the family's philanthropic foundations.

As a customer experience representative, you know how to make rich people feel even more pampered and extra special as they donate money to a good cause.

Erik, stop with the hoody clothes, you dress like a middle schooler. The buffalo plaid is the first to go into the ragbox.

As a Southern gentleman of a prominent wealthy family, you have  held back the hair of the cotillion debutantes as they barfed into the bushes from drinking too much from flasks.

Virginia will love that you know how to keep her from getting puke on her shoes, too.

I want Erik to have a wife with a blood alcohol level less than .08 in the mornings....

Jacob is the first man that a tux doesn't make look handsomer. His face reminds me of Popeye, the Sailorman.

Jacob prophesies  the dreaded MAFS number 7.... Haley will most likely rate you -7...bazillion.

Haley's dress reminds me of Jess'...she could be Jess' older sister.

Clara, stop with the hand talking...you are not Senor Wences...

Clara looks like Elizabeth Moss from Mad Men.

If you know what an Extended bikini Brazillian wax job is then you know what Ryan's haircut looks like...yes, I had to Google it..

Clara got a tip from production not to wear heels or she will tower over her Elf from the Shelf...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

The meaning of Clara's gift and why kneeling...from the internet....

What does it mean to be iced by someone?

Icing is a drinking game and internet meme popular in 2010, in which one person conceals a bottle of Smirnoff Ice in a place that another individual will find it: upon doing so they are immediately required to kneel and drink it.

Must have been playing beer pong instead...

• Useful 3
On 1/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, HZAnita said:

Jacob and Haley are probably two of the most generic people ever cast on this show. 

I remember Jacob because of his age (he's the oldest participant ever, I think) and his cute dogs, but I am always forgetting Haley - if you hadn't used her name, I wouldn't have remembered it. I was watching a YouTube review/recap/prediction video about the show and they were all like "Who?" re: Haley. 

• Love 3
On 1/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, humbleopinion said:

If you know what an Extended bikini Brazillian wax job is then you know what Ryan's haircut looks like...yes, I had to Google it..

I would call it more of a French Bikini Wax, but it's quibbling......And thanks for this because now I can't unsee it..........gonna be a long season unless he keeps his hat on..........

• LOL 2
On 1/16/2021 at 9:23 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Jacob and Haley...yeah, no.  Her smile couldn't have looked more fake.

They don’t even look like they are touching. I’d be shocked if these two say yes on decision day 

On 1/13/2021 at 10:39 PM, Adeejay said:

I am having a hard time understanding why they paired a 34 year old divorced pilot with a 26 year old party girl.

They must be the throwaway couple. 😅😂 Along with Chris & Paige.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, ECM1231 said:

Clara just has a very "hard' look"

She has "witch face." Like the chef: Carla Hall. Always ready for Halloween. 😉😂 Heyyyy. Maybe it's people with some variation of that name.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2021 at 11:37 PM, Ilovepie said:

If he doesn’t find her “ugly” ( seriously, what a creep), they might compatible. Mr. Ilovepie observed that if Chris is so worried about women wanting him only for his money, he should probably stop bragging about how rich he is.....

UGGGGHHHH!! CHRIS'S vanity is so DISGUSTING!! Especially when his face looks like it's folding in on itself!! 😂😂 If he thinks she's "ugly," that serves him right. His vanity costing him his perfect match. Gosh! I want birds to peck his eyes out! That'll teach him!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/15/2021 at 3:28 PM, qtpye said:

This cast is really not grabbing me like the NOLA cast. Everyone seems so generic and forgettable.

I'm actually opposite.  The personalities of the NOLA cast where very boring to me.  This cast has a lot of personality but I think there's a lot of terrible matches and people that aren't ready to get married. 

• Love 4

How cool was that for me! Clara and I share a (partial) birthday! January 4th! (NOT the same year, as I am old - nope, no tmi...leave it at that) But Ryan is easy on the eyes and exactly what I would have expected (and really liked) for 'ethnically ambiguous'. I am hoping they make it! I was surprised at the (geez, I've forgotten their names - was it Virginia and Eric?) couple getting off to such a PDA start....I don't know what to think of that, but am interested enough in these two to keep watching, but, unfortunately, I do not have as much hope as I have for Ryan and Clara. I shudder to think of how many couples I will be wrong about - but then, I did like Bennett/Amelia and JAustin, so perhaps there is hope for me.

On 1/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, ECM1231 said:

Clara just has a very "hard' look" ; she's not attractive at all, imo, and that red lipstick was the pits.

Clara looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet far too many times.....giddy yup

She needs to make friends with the camera crew..her resting bitch face with the thousand yard stare with the turned down corners of her mouth makes her nose turn down too....not her best look...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/15/2021 at 6:51 AM, spunky said:

I'm a Christian woman and I've met a lot of men like him. Chris is the type who picks verses in the Bible and distorts it  to suit his agenda.  He's the type that takes the word "submissive" to mean controlling. Chris wants a 1850's housewife, who looks like an Instagram model. 

Is he the one who was ordained as a pastor, but it didn't pay well enough for him?   Who wants to "train" his kids to be just like him?  Instead of letting them figure out who they are, guiding them?  My SIL is like that, their daughter is an amazing young woman, but she's not happy because her daughter isn't a mini-me.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lh25 said:

Is he the one who was ordained as a pastor, but it didn't pay well enough for him?   Who wants to "train" his kids to be just like him?  Instead of letting them figure out who they are, guiding them?  My SIL is like that, their daughter is an amazing young woman, but she's not happy because her daughter isn't a mini-me.

Yep! That's  him alright. The first boyfriend was exactly like that too. Funny enough his name was also Chris.