Type keyword(s) to search

Romantic Comedies

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 10:46 PM, Irlandesa said:

Looks like I'm double posting but Netflix appears to be going all in on romantic comedies and I'm here for it (mainly because there's nowhere else to go.) This looks like it might be pretty good.  (There's a gay/bi teenage comedy coming up as well. I'll post that in the LGBT thread).

Sooooooo excited for Set it Up because of Lucy Liu and Taye Diggs.  It's like a 90's dream!!  Definitely my kind of thing - two POC leads, interracial romance, so excited!  I've worshipped Lucy Liu since the days of Ally McBeal.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:30 PM, methodwriter85 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yep, it's still there, after a night of salsa dancing.

Anyway. Zoey Deutch makes such a good romantic heroine that it's a shame movies like that don't make money like they used to. I kept hoping that Emma Stone was going to revive romantic comedies but I'm not sure that's happening.

I can barely look at Emma, she's so thin it makes me uncomfortable, like in La La Land.  Same with Alison Williams in Get Out.  I thought Zoey did a great job in "Before I Fall".  Not a romantic comedy at all, but like an emo, Millennial Groundhog Day that is nowhere near as good, but still watchable.

You revealed Irlandesa's spoiler in your post, btw if you want to go back and hide it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
On 5/15/2018 at 9:46 PM, Irlandesa said:

Looks like I'm double posting but Netflix appears to be going all in on romantic comedies and I'm here for it (mainly because there's nowhere else to go.) This looks like it might be pretty good.  (There's a gay/bi teenage comedy coming up as well. I'll post that in the LGBT thread).

That looks cute. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I really liked Set It Up.  It was probably the closest thing to an old school/traditional romcom that has come out in a while.  I know Zoey Deutch is Lea Thompson's daughter but she was giving me some straight up Rose Byrne vibes. 

I dare say I can't wait to watch this again. There was real comedy and real chemistry.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I know Zoey Deutch is Lea Thompson's daughter but she was giving me some straight up Rose Byrne vibes.

Zoey Deutch feels a little edgier than Lea Thompson did even when she was that age. Lea's always kind of had a maternal vibe. I wonder if that's why Lea was never really a romantic comedy star even though she had the right girl-next-door look and was the right age when romantic comedies started their climb in the late 80's/early 1990's. (Well, Lea did have her first daughter in 1989.)

I do like her a lot. She reminds me a lot of Lily Rabe in that you know who their mothers are but they have a delightful, unique screen presence all on their own.

Anyway, I saw Must Love Dogs on Netflix. God, that shit was awful. Whatever charm John Cusack had seemed completely gone by the time he did that in '05. Diane Lane was trying so hard to rescue it but it was awful. And she had much better chemistry with Dermot Mulroney.

• Love 5

Echoing on how good Set It Up was. It had everything- the humor, chemistry and romance. Definitely a keeper and will be watching it again. Taye Diggs is still hot, and Lucy Liu is gorgeous. 

• Love 7
(edited)

So I finally watched 500 Days of Summer, and wow -- no one told me this was a rom-com for dudes.

I mean, the male perspective in a rom-com isn't a bad or new thing; but I was just surprised at how skewed it seemed. This was like 99% from the guys' perspective. (But maybe that was the point?) The male lead's love interest is presented as both the perfect woman and a terrible person at the same time. You know how in rom-coms there's That Dude who's all wrong for The Woman, that gets dumped when she meets her True Love? It's like this movie was written from That Dude's view.

The movie does warn you that it's not a love story, but its filled with rom-com tropes. I didn't hate it, but it was hard to relate, I guess, since most rom-coms are shown from the female perspective, or both the male and female perspective.

Anyway, I love to hear from anyone else who has seen it.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Trini said:

So I finally watched 500 Days of Summer, and wow -- no one told me this was a rom-com for dudes.

I mean, the male perspective in a rom-com isn't a bad or new thing; but I was just surprised at how skewed it seemed. This was like 99% from the guys' perspective. (But maybe that was the point?) The male lead's love interest is presented as both the perfect woman and a terrible person at the same time. You know how in rom-coms there's That Dude who's all wrong for The Woman, that gets dumped when she meets her True Love? It's like this movie was written from That Dude's view.

I never thought of it that way. That's an interesting and insightful way of putting it.

My friend and I like the movie, but we kind of agreed that Summer was a terrible love interest.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Trini said:

The movie does warn you that it's not a love story, but its filled with rom-com tropes. I didn't hate it, but it was hard to relate, I guess, since most rom-coms are shown from the female perspective, or both the male and female perspective.

Anyway, I love to hear from else who has seen it.

I think it did skewer the rom-com tropes, but I found it relatable because most of the movie is about his life after the break-up. I thought the movie did a good job of idealizing Summer but also making the protagonist and the audience realize what a relatively terrible person she was and not good for him. Things were exaggerated in the sense that she was obviously some Magic Manic Pixie Girl who was so beautiful blah blah, but there were signs throughout that she wasn't that into him or that the relationship would not last. Reviewing that is part of the break up process and I like how the ending is not about him finding another love interest but that there is hope that he may love again or he may not for awhile.

• Love 6
(edited)

The Wedding Singer was on TV, and it's been a long time since I last watched it.  I still love it.  I think it's an example of a rom com done right, even when it hits all the cliches and tropes.  And it's nice to see an Adam Sandler movie where he doesn't play an idiot manchild.  He and Drew Barrymore had good chemistry, which has been consistant even when their other movies together haven't been as good as that one.  (Actually, 50 First Dates and Blended weren't terrible, but I digress).

The airplane scene is the best.  Call me sentimental, but I'm a sucker for how Billy Idol and all the other passengers are so quick to help him out with the impromptu performance.  "Grow Old With You" never fails to be sweet.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The Wedding Singer was on TV, and it's been a long time since I last watched it.  I still love it.  I think it's an example of a rom com done right, even when it hits all the cliches and tropes.  And it's nice to see an Adam Sandler movie where he doesn't play an idiot manchild.  He and Drew Barrymore had good chemistry, which has been consistant even when their other movies together haven't been as good as that one.  (Actually, 50 First Dates and Blended weren't terrible, but I digress).

The airplane scene is the best.  Call me sentimental, but I'm a sucker for how Billy Idol and all the other passengers are so quick to help him out with the impromptu performance.  "Grow Old With You" never fails to be sweet.

I like that movie, too. Fully agreed on the airplane scene. 

I also like '(500 Days of) Summer'. 

18 hours ago, Athena said:

Things were exaggerated in the sense that she was obviously some Magic Manic Pixie Girl who was so beautiful blah blah, but there were signs throughout that she wasn't that into him or that the relationship would not last. Reviewing that is part of the break up process and I like how the ending is not about him finding another love interest but that there is hope that he may love again or he may not for awhile.

Agreed. Summer did make her feelings about relationships known from the get-go, but it's easy to forget that when you're in love. 

And while, yes, the movie focuses heavily on Tom's point of view regarding the relationship, I also do feel for Summer, too. I can see where she's coming from when she explains why she's not looking for anything serious. She may not have been in love with him the way he was with her, but I think she did care about him. 

• Love 4

Here's Joseph Gordon-Lewitt's thoughts on his character in (500 Days of) Summer:

“The (500) Days Of Summer attitude of ‘He wants you so bad’ seems attractive to some women and men, especially younger ones. But I would encourage anyone who has a crush on my character to watch it again and examine how selfish he is.”

“He develops a mildly delusional obsession over a girl onto whom he projects all these fantasies. He thinks she’ll give his life meaning because he doesn’t care about much else going on in his life.”

“A lot of boys and girls think their lives will have meaning if they find a partner who wants nothing else in life but them,” he concluded. “That’s not healthy. That’s falling in love with the idea of a person, not the actual person.”

• Love 21

Yes @Spartan Girl! The Wedding Singer is one of my favorite movies and never gets old after rewatching it. Along with the other two Drew Barrymore movies, Ever After and Never Been Kissed, it makes me sad that there aren’t many great romcoms out there anymore. I don’t want to  have to watch While You Were Sleeping or You’ve Got Mail for the billionth time to get my fix in. I know they aren’t big money makers, but I wish studios actually tried to make a few decent ones every year. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Silje said:

“A lot of boys and girls think their lives will have meaning if they find a partner who wants nothing else in life but them,” he concluded. “That’s not healthy. That’s falling in love with the idea of a person, not the actual person.”

That's what I liked about the ultimate message of "Paper Towns." Quentin was in love with the idea of Margo, but not Margo herself, and she called him out on it.

"Set It Up" was fun. It took awhile, but I enjoyed it especially when it came to Glenn and Zoey's interactions. It felt virtually indistinguishable from an actual romcom released to the theaters- you can tell Netflix put some real money into it, as opposed to their Hallmark homages. The only difference was Lucy Liu being allowed to say the c-word or talking about personal grooming.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, Spartan Girl said:

(Actually, 50 First Dates and Blended weren't terrible, but I digress).

LOL, thank you so much for saying this.  When I first saw 50 First Dates I was COMPLETELY knocked out.  However upon rewatch it was cute but I wasn't as thrilled.  And um.... I like Blended too.  LOL.  Enough to buy it on Blu Ray!

On 6/16/2018 at 8:07 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I do like her a lot. She reminds me a lot of Lily Rabe in that you know who their mothers are but they have a delightful, unique screen presence all on their own.

Anyway, I saw Must Love Dogs on Netflix. God, that shit was awful. Whatever charm John Cusack had seemed completely gone by the time he did that in '05. Diane Lane was trying so hard to rescue it but it was awful. And she had much better chemistry with Dermot Mulroney.

No, I didn't know that about Lily Rabe actually.  And I didn't know she was with Hamish Linklater, either!  And I still like Must Love Dogs!  LOL!

On 6/17/2018 at 1:04 AM, twoods said:

Echoing on how good Set It Up was. It had everything- the humor, chemistry and romance. Definitely a keeper and will be watching it again. Taye Diggs is still hot, and Lucy Liu is gorgeous. 

Oh man.  I've been saving it.  I hope they end up selling it on Blu Ray for the hoarders like myself.

500 Days of Summer?  That was a weird one.  I was a movie theatre manager when it came out, so it was hyped to death with all sorts of pre-shows and ad campaigns.  I thought it was really pretty to look at, but I don't know, that movie just depressed me.  It's something I never felt the need to see again, and I love to rewatch rom coms.  I'd say that's more of a rom DRAM than a rom com.  "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was also from the guy's point of view, and I'm always happy to watch that one.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
(edited)

I watched Set it Up over the weekend, and really liked it. Really great.

And then I saw a Chris Evans rom com called Playing it Cool on netflix which I was more mixed about. He's a cynic who doesn't believe in love until he meets Michelle Monaghan...who has a boyfriend played by Ioan Gruffudd. He goes after her anyway and eventually they hook up, all while she's with Ioan Gruffudd and even gets engaged to him. Neither of their characters have names (on imdb they're listed as 'me' and 'her') and neither does Gruffudd who Me labels 'Stuffy.' Did I mention Me is a screenwriter trying to write a rom com (his agent is coincidentally played by Anthony Mackie)? It's very meta, trying to call out rom com tropes (via a greek chorus of sorts including Topher Grace and Aubrey Plaza) while engaging in them. It even acknowledges that the leads are both terrible people. It's also from the guy's POV, we get absolutely nothing about Her other than what we see with Me. I'm still not sure whether I liked it. 

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And um.... I like Blended too.  LOL.  Enough to buy it on Blu Ray!

No judging!  I think it's because the trailer looked so awful that I was surprised that the actual movie was not as juvenile than it appeared.  I mean, yeah, there were the "yup, it's an Adam Sandler movie" moments and the whole "white people going to Africa" plot made me wince, but it was surprisingly cute.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, JustaPerson said:

I watched Set it Up over the weekend, and really liked it. Really great.

And then I saw a Chris Evans rom com called Playing it Cool on netflix which I was more mixed about. He's a cynic who doesn't believe in love until he meets Michelle Monaghan...who has a boyfriend played by Ioan Gruffudd. He goes after her anyway and eventually they hook up, all while she's with Ioan Gruffudd and even gets engaged to him. Neither of their characters have names (on imdb they're listed as 'me' and 'her') and neither does Gruffudd who Me labels 'Stuffy.' Did I mention Me is a screenwriter trying to write a rom com (his agent is coincidentally played by Anthony Mackie)? It's very meta, trying to call out rom com tropes (via a greek chorus of sorts including Topher Grace and Aubrey Plaza) while engaging in them. It even acknowledges that the leads are both terrible people. It's also from the guy's POV, we get absolutely nothing about Her other than what we see with Me. I'm still not sure whether I liked it. 

I love Chris Evans but I didn't have any desire to see this movie at all because of the preview I saw for it. Basically, it looked like it was about a couple of terrible people and I had no interest in spending two hours wondering if they'd get together or not. I just remember thinking 'Wow. They both suck. I want them to never get anything good ever.' I got this from the preview! So in that the movie acknowledges that they're horrible I guess is vindication? I think the preview had scenes of them playing this kind of asshole game on people at a party and snickering together about it and I was just... ugh, whatever. Die in a fire, both of you.

In regards to The Wedding Singer, I love it as well. And whenever 'Ladies' Night' comes on the radio I sing it like Jon Lovitz and, yes, with the 'Chaka Khaaaaaan!!!' at the end.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

And whenever 'Ladies' Night' comes on the radio I sing it like Jon Lovitz and, yes, with the 'Chaka Khaaaaaan!!!' at the end.

LMAO, my sister and I do the same :D. We also like to quote the whole, "He's losing his mind! And I'm reaping all the benefits..." bit, complete with the weird facial expression. 

I also can't hear "Love Stinks" anymore without thinking of Sandler's character's little aside rants throughout :p.

• Love 8
Just now, Annber03 said:

LMAO, my sister and I do the same :D. We also like to quote the whole, "He's losing his mind! And I'm reaping all the benefits..." bit, complete with the weird facial expression. 

I also can't hear "Love Stinks" anymore without thinking of Sandler's character's little aside rants throughout :p.

Okay, we got the DVD of this ages ago and since the DVD player was new for our parents at Christmas we were having way too much fun with the different settings. So we put Spanish sub-titles on and when it gets to the 'Love Stinks' part, before he gets into the song: Cindy and Scott are newlyweds... whoop-a-dee-do!! The Spanish translation is Felicidades!!

So, my sisters and I have a tendency to scream 'Felicidades!' at each other in a sarcastic manner.

And we also tack on the 'I hate you' part of 'Love Stinks.'

• Love 4
Just now, Dandesun said:

Okay, we got the DVD of this ages ago and since the DVD player was new for our parents at Christmas we were having way too much fun with the different settings. So we put Spanish sub-titles on and when it gets to the 'Love Stinks' part, before he gets into the song: Cindy and Scott are newlyweds... whoop-a-dee-do!! The Spanish translation is Felicidades!!

So, my sisters and I have a tendency to scream 'Felicidades!' at each other in a sarcastic manner.

That's awesome :D. Subtitles can be very entertaining sometimes. 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Dandesun said:

In regards to The Wedding Singer, I love it as well. And whenever 'Ladies' Night' comes on the radio I sing it like Jon Lovitz and, yes, with the 'Chaka Khaaaaaan!!!' at the end.

Ha! Me too. I hope everyone that has ever seen this movie does so.

17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Yep. I'm sure you guys all picture poor George when you hear "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" You stink! eta: oops it's You Suck! I watched all the songs on youtube last night and laughed my ass off just like it was the first time I ever saw them.

God, I love that movie. A classic.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 7
Just now, festivus said:

Yep. I'm sure you guys all picture poor George when you hear "Do You Really Want to Hurt me?" You stink!

God, I love that movie. A classic.

YES. I actually caught the video for that song on MTV Classic the other day and that was the first thing that came to mind. 

All this talk makes me want to watch the movie again. It's been a while. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

All this talk makes me want to watch the movie again. It's been a while. 

Yeah me too. I'm laughing right now thinking about that song "Somebody kill me please. I want to dieeeeee. Put a bullet in my head......"

• Love 10

Not sure if all of these fit the definition of Rom com but... I just watched 

Slow Learners  on Hulu. It was cute. Two hapless teachers decide they are going to get a romantic life and- they get one - but realize late they would like each other.  Stars Adam Palley.

I also liked 

Bearfoot actually a remake of a german movie. Rich kid black sheep is cleaning floors in a mental hospital as part of his probation and happens on a girl that is very different and he takes her home for his brother's wedding thinking she is mentally ill. Stars Scott Speedman and Rachel Evan Wood. 

I also liked Hello I must be going with Melanie Lynskey. That one is great for the older woman and young man relationship.

• Love 2

So I watched Playing It Cool last night. I was actively rooting for those two to not get together and I like Chris Evans and Michelle Monaghan. I ended up liking all the supporting cast better than the leads. Topher Grace should be a bigger star than he is, I think he would be good doing rom-coms and I really don't think that about most actors, most just don't have what it takes IMO.  Also think Anthony Mackie would do well, he just oozes charm all over the place. 

• Love 3

I thought Topher Grace's 80's coming of age romcom Take Me Home Tonight was pretty solid. He plays a post-grad drifter who chases after his high school crush one night. He had pretty good chemistry with Teresa Palmer, although she seems to really good chemistry in every romantic pairing I've seen her in.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I thought Topher Grace's 80's coming of age romcom Take Me Home Tonight was pretty solid.

Yeah, I saw that one. I agree. He's on my shortlist of folks that I think can do rom-coms. I like Teresa Palmer too. Although it wasn't rom-com I really liked that movie she did with Nicolas Hoult Warm Bodies. I think he'd do good in rom-coms also. I liked Analeigh Tipton a lot in that too. I think my list is getting bigger.

• Love 1

Topher Grace is adorable. He was probably the best thing in Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, and the reason why I’ve watched it more times than I’m embarrassed to admit. Will try to watch Take Me Home Tonight this weekend, or the Wedding Singer since this thread inspired me to watch it yet again.

• Love 3

What's bad is I can hear that exactly in my head. What's worse is that my youngest son could quote this movie all the way through and he was 6 years old when it came out although I think he was probably more like 8 when he saw it for the first time. He loves this movie. This, along with the second Austin Powers are our most quotable movies ever.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Also, I have to say YESTERDAY! like Adam Sandler does in the movie.

Ha!  I think it's an okay movie (and quite good for a romantic comedy, which is not at all my genre, but this one skips a number of the things that bother me about them), so I think I've only seen it all the way through once and then bits and pieces going around the dial over the years and thus don't recognize a lot of the moments being discussed.  But this one - yes.  Unless under circumstances where it would be inappropriate to do so, if someone gives me information I really could have used earlier, I say, "Once again, things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

Ha!  I think it's an okay movie (and quite good for a romantic comedy, which is not at all my genre, but this one skips a number of the things that bother me about them), so I think I've only seen it all the way through once and then bits and pieces going around the dial over the years and thus don't recognize a lot of the moments being discussed.  But this one - yes.  Unless under circumstances where it would be inappropriate to do so, if someone gives me information I really could have used earlier, I say, "Once again, things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"

That's probably my favorite part of the movie because I have been wanting jilted grooms or brides at the alter to that very thing every time it happens in movies or on TV. Yes, all of that could have been brought to their attention YESTERDAY! Not today in front of their entire family and all their friends!    

• Love 7
(edited)

I had a great time watching "Set it Up" the other night.  Tituss Burgess was hysterical (he played the condo security guy).  It really won me over.  Glen Powell isn't who I'd necessarily pick for a love interest, but, he was fine, and Zoey did a great job.  Lucy Liu's wardrobe and well, body and face, are just to die for.  Also, a woman directed this movie, that's awesome.

Movies like this popping up on Netflix feels like a huge victory for all the people who frequent this great thread!  It was big budget, big stars, Manhattan setting, Lucy Liu and Taye Diggs, what more could I ask for?  It just started off a little weak for me, but by the Yankees scene it was really grooving.  I noticed that it used Huey Lewis and The News "The Power of Love", as a nod to Lea Thompson in Back to the Future (Zoey's Mom).  

On 6/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, festivus said:

I ended up liking all the supporting cast better than the leads. Topher Grace should be a bigger star than he is, I think he would be good doing rom-coms and I really don't think that about most actors, most just don't have what it takes IMO.  Also think Anthony Mackie would do well, he just oozes charm all over the place. 

Topher is so amazingly talented in That 70's Show and I honestly thought he was hysterical in Spider-Man 3.  Honestly, most of the movies I've seen him in otherwise are terrible though.  He did a terrible one with Scarlett Jo before.  Ugh no offense, I really don't like Michelle Monaghan, I just think acting isn't for her.  ;)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I had a great time watching "Set it Up" the other night.  Tituss Burgess was hysterical (he played the condo security guy).  It really won me over.  Glen Powell isn't who I'd necessarily pick for a love interest, but, he was fine, and Zoey did a great job.  Lucy Liu's wardrobe and well, body and face, are just to die for.  Also, a woman directed this movie, that's awesome.

I guess I'll have to watch this, it has some great people in it. I actually love Glen Powell and I only know Zoey from the movie she was in with him, Everybody Wants Some, but I liked her in it.

19 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Topher is so amazingly talented in That 70's Show and I honestly thought he was hysterical in Spider-Man 3. 

I love Topher Grace and I honestly think he has some of the best comic timing I've ever seen.

20 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ugh no offense, I really don't like Michelle Monaghan, I just think acting isn't for her.  ;)

I haven't seen her in much but she gets points from me for True Detective. I think she took an underwritten role and made it more than it was.

• Love 5
On 6/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, festivus said:

I liked Analeigh Tipton a lot in that too. I think my list is getting bigger

Analeigh Tipton's Two Night Stand was a little-seen romantic comedy she did with Miles Teller. They play two people planning on a one-night stand who get stranded in Mile's apartment after a huge blizzard occurs. I thought it was pretty solid.

• Love 2
(edited)

Now Netflix is going for the Asian teenaged girl demographic:

I have to admit, I never read the book but this movie looks cute af.

"I was used to being invisible..." *walking around in a tight little mini-skirt* Never change, Hollywood, Never change.

Also, Israel Broussard is a really good example of why the hot guys cast in teen films are almost invariably in their 20's. He looked pretty awkward when he actually was a teenager, but now he's actually super-cute.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

That was interesting. I maintain that Hugh Grant is the absolute best at romantic comedy and no-one will ever do it better. He is also great at playing the cad like he did in Bridget Jones and he said that part was closer to who he really is. I've read some, uh, interesting things about him before so now I try to stay away from reading anything about his personal life.

There wasn't anything about Two Weeks Notice in there and that's one of my faves because it has the two best rom com people in it.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, festivus said:

That was interesting. I maintain that Hugh Grant is the absolute best at romantic comedy and no-one will ever do it better. He is also great at playing the cad like he did in Bridget Jones and he said that part was closer to who he really is. I've read some, uh, interesting things about him before so now I try to stay away from reading anything about his personal life.

There wasn't anything about Two Weeks Notice in there and that's one of my faves because it has the two best rom com people in it.

Hugh Grant was the best as the cad, while Colin Firth was great as the quiet cute one that turns out to be the right one all along. Mark Ruffalo was essentially the American counterpart of Colin Firth, not sure who I'd call the American counterpart of Grant because he really that good..

It seems like both of them are done with romantic comedies (Bridget Jone's Baby really felt like Colin's goodbye to it while Hugh has switched to more character parts), but eh- we'll always have their films.

• Love 4

Two Weeks Notice is an all time favourite of mine.  Hugh was delicious as hell in Bridget Jones Diary.  That scene where he's first introduced as the elevator opens?  Holy M************ S***.  LOL  Oh my god he was just so gorgeous.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Hugh was delicious as hell in Bridget Jones Diary.  That scene where he's first introduced as the elevator opens?  Holy M************ S***.  LOL  Oh my god he was just so gorgeous.

I loved him in that! Even though he was horrible he was just so damn cute that I was rooting for him and Bridget over Mark with the stick up his ass. UO I know, I'll show myself out. (I do actually like Colin Firth a lot. Just didn't care for Mark Darcy.)

• Love 4
On 6/20/2018 at 11:20 AM, Spartan Girl said:

No judging!  I think it's because the trailer looked so awful that I was surprised that the actual movie was not as juvenile than it appeared.  I mean, yeah, there were the "yup, it's an Adam Sandler movie" moments and the whole "white people going to Africa" plot made me wince, but it was surprisingly cute.

I also enjoyed Blended! The concept was neat and the parents were well rounded. 

• Love 4