Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Kelly is a beautiful woman and definitely knows how to dress well. Shannon always looks so dowdy; I usually love VCA jewelry (admittedly, I do have a “bougie” alhambra bracelet 😉) but she makes it all look so...old lady and blah. Also- she keeps saying how she was a “rocker” in the day. Maybe she means soft rock?

Lol and she also said she was a “surfer chick”. Whatever, Shannon. You’ve always been an uptight snobby sorority girl. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm starting to think that Shannon thinks she's just quirky and that everyone thinks its funny or cute.  She's wrong!

Watching her this episode I got the feeling Shannon thinks she is channeling Lucille Ball.

Not even close. Who would be her Ethel? Vickie?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 1/16/2021 at 6:38 AM, Mu Shu said:

Why do her boobs look bigger? Even when she was at her heaviest, they weren’t that big. Good god, pushing 60 and got a boob job? That’s just stupid if she did. Surgery gets riskier after 55, and we all know she has multiple serious health conditions. Yes I’m rolling my eyes. Her biggest health concerns are mental and unchecked alcoholism. 

Mu Shu, I totally agree Shannon needs to check into a dual diagnosis rehab stat! But I think she's always been rather well endowed... 🙂 

• Love 1

I could be wrong but I think Brown Wind may officially be the craziest bitch on any HW franchise ever. Her insane self starting to explore her lesbian side basically in real time on social media...as 7 kids and a husband held hostage look on...what could go wrong? 

When the camera panned to her on the beach with that stank ass sneer on her face I was like 💡 wow, this woman is truly NUTS. And does not seem like a good person.  I think she will make great reality TV and will have some great meltdowns on and off the show. 

It’s weird that this is the same show that started in 2005. Now I know how my aunts who’d watch the same soaps for 25 years felt.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

So Kris is Brownie’s girlfriend now? What happened to Shari? The photos I’ve seen show her with a girl with short hair and the one in her bedroom has long hair. She needs to fix her own damn self and work on her family before even thinking of being an addictions counselor. She is despicable and I think the others on the show have had enough of her too. She looked flat-out deranged in her talking heads. 
The way Shannon says she’ll have a vodka straight up so easily at Sophie’s party like it’s water, I’m like, “get thee to a rehab center, woman”. Gosh, who thought Gina would be the one that seemed the most mature on this season and Kelly, the voice of reason saying what a lot of us are thinking too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Kelly seemed like a lunatic yelling at Braunwyn about moving to Laguna. Who cares? And why is Kelly even mad at Braunwyn anyway? Did I miss where Braunwyn did something to her personally? Oh, right, I guess they disagreed about BLM.

Did I hear Braunwyn right that she's on her 9th step already? And she's six months sober? That's awful fast. It's interesting to me that she's in a new relationship, on her 9th step and starting drug counselor classes all within six months of getting sober. Is her sponsor not talking to her about slowing down? It just seems like Braunwyn is replacing her alcohol addiction with frenetic "recovery." She's going to crash and burn soon if she's not careful. 

Emily giving the final toast - sorry, Emily is not an anchor of this show. She never will be.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Emily giving the final toast - sorry, Emily is not an anchor of this show. She never will be.

I agree but who is an anchor?   I guess Shannon and maybe Kelly because they've been on the longest but I've never thought of Kelly that way.  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I agree but who is an anchor?   I guess Shannon and maybe Kelly because they've been on the longest but I've never thought of Kelly that way.  

None of them! That was part of the huge problem with this season - it's a cast full of supporting players with no star.

That said, I find Gina the most likable so I would have rather her make the final toast.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Kelly seemed like a lunatic yelling at Braunwyn about moving to Laguna. Who cares? And why is Kelly even mad at Braunwyn anyway? Did I miss where Braunwyn did something to her personally? Oh, right, I guess they disagreed about BLM.

Did I hear Braunwyn right that she's on her 9th step already? And she's six months sober? That's awful fast. It's interesting to me that she's in a new relationship, on her 9th step and starting drug counselor classes all within six months of getting sober. Is her sponsor not talking to her about slowing down? It just seems like Braunwyn is replacing her alcohol addiction with frenetic "recovery." She's going to crash and burn soon if she's not careful. 

I used to be a rehab counselor years ago and Step 9 in 6 months isn’t unheard of, BUT- Brawnwyn only said she was on Step 9, they certainly didn’t show her making amends. Let’s see- she remained dismissive and a total bitch to her wallet, er, husband, and she had a stank attitude from the minute she stepped foot on Elizabeth’s property. She said she was going to school to be a counselor, but that’s just talk. I doubt she has a sponsor.

Basically, while I disagree with Kelly about almost everything and find her to be a terrible person, I do agree with her that everything that Brawnwyn does is contrived. I think all of her actions and words are performative and I just don’t buy a thing she says.

• Love 15
On 1/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, IslandGirl said:

Mu Shu, I totally agree Shannon needs to check into a dual diagnosis rehab stat! But I think she's always been rather well endowed... 🙂 

I can’t embed the photo for some reason, but there are photos of her in a bikini from an earlier season. She’s a couple sizes larger now, and they’re up around her neck when they used to sag. Even if it was weight gain, she is about the size of the bikini pictures and there shouldn’t be such a difference. Maybe she’s wearing one of those awful VS bras to make them bigger and higher. There was an episode where I think Tamra asked when she was going to get a boob job because they were small and saggy. And I’ve just spent more time than anyone needs to researching her boobs. 

• LOL 17
16 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Did I hear Braunwyn right that she's on her 9th step already? And she's six months sober? That's awful fast. It's interesting to me that she's in a new relationship, on her 9th step and starting drug counselor classes all within six months of getting sober. Is her sponsor not talking to her about slowing down? It just seems like Braunwyn is replacing her alcohol addiction with frenetic "recovery."

I think AA also believes that you should not embark on any new relationships for the first year. She is bending things to fit her narrative, not to truly learn how to live a sober life. What is she going to tell the people she counsels? Don’t do what I did, do what I tell you to do. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Well that was a lot of nothing. I expected more, especially since everyone was hinting at a huge blow up. The editing seemed kind of wonky so maybe the big thing everyone keeps hinting at got left out. I can’t imagine why Bravo would do that though. The best part was Emily pointing out how selfish Brauwyn is and that this behavior far predates her sober journey.

I really feel like putting “sober journey” in scare quotes. I’m not buying Brauwyn’s story about this. And honestly, I don’t understand why that is such a terrible thing to admit. If someone has a history of lies and self serving half truths why is it so terrible to just say you don’t believe them? I’ve never understood this code that you don’t question people about certain things. On average would I question someone’s story of substance abuse? No! Do I question Brauwyn’s story of substance abuse? Yes!  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Many people do the 12 Steps even faster than that and many people also start to work toward a counseling addiction  certificate or degree. A 12 Step program can do a lot of good and for sure help make you a better version of you, but Brown Wind is such a POS, ... For real though, people who have additional personality disorders need to treat that as well. And I'm no doctor but she is, .. there is something there in addition to being an adict.

• Love 6
On 1/16/2021 at 8:38 AM, Mu Shu said:

Why do her boobs look bigger? Even when she was at her heaviest, they weren’t that big. Good god, pushing 60 and got a boob job? That’s just stupid if she did. Surgery gets riskier after 55, and we all know she has multiple serious health conditions. Yes I’m rolling my eyes. Her biggest health concerns are mental and unchecked alcoholism. 

I also thought her boobs looked really big in her talking heads.  Maybe she had them cantilevered with industrial tape.

• LOL 9
On 1/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

That was so out of left field. Has Brauwyn  been saying she hates Newport? I missed that. I think Kelly was trying to say that Brauwyn’s new Wokest Bitch in Newport act is only for show and that she knew and was fine with Newport’s conservative attitude before being an Instagram Ally became fashionable. Which...I can sort of buy. I don’t personally buy Brauwyn’s interest in social justice and political reform as being terribly deep. I doubt she thinks she needs to make any difficult changes. I think that’s what Kelly reacts to, this spoiled rich chick who’s hasn’t dealt with anything outside her front door for the better part of 25 years suddenly declaring herself the expert in racism. Of course Kelly has her own issues on this front. I declare them both terrible!

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 7

This picture perfectly sums up this season!

Naturally, Braunwyn is in the front and most prominent. I wouldn't doubt if she purposely tried to block out Kelly's face, especially after their earlier confrontation.

Elizabeth is in the background, desperately trying to fit in.

Kelly is a little bit off.

Emily made it nice, is ready, and posed to share the attention in a group picture.

Shannon is acting crazy

Gina is wondering WTF is going on? Gina may have been ready to pose, but looks like she lost it when Shannon started grinding on her leg. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
On 1/14/2021 at 5:04 AM, ChitChat said:

I think Shannon is a "glass half-empty" kind of person.  She should've said something along the lines of "I know it was a difficult and challenging year for you, but I'm so proud of how you handled it, and you have a very bright future ahead of you."  Although Sophie did say that her Mom is great, she sure seems anxious to leave the nest!  It will be good for her to be able to make decisions on her own and not have her Mom interfering all of the time.  Of course Shannon will probably still call her a bunch everyday.  Sophie might need to silence her phone for long periods of time! 😉  

Let's hope for Sophie's sake that Shannon doesn't get Vicki ideas and decide to "surprise" Sophie at her college dorm to participate in student activities with her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Let's hope for Sophie's sake that Shannon doesn't get Vicki ideas and decide to "surprise" Sophie at her college dorm to participate in student activities with her.

And yet that is one of my favorite Vicki episodes!   Besides, not much chance of Shannon drinking out of a keg upside down.  Or is there?  Hehe

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I really like the scenes where Gina and Emily talk.  Gina is telling us the same things Tamra used to say about Shannon, so I tend to believe that's how Shannon is.  She gloms onto a girlfriend and then just constantly hits her up for emotional support without giving any in return.

Speaking of Shanny, her face fillers are settling badly.  The scene where she's getting dinner on the table is where I noticed her oddly lumpy cheeks - not good.  When she was opening the oven door, I was struck by how small the kitchen looks in her rental property - something I'm sure wouldn't be a dealbreaker for Shanny since the way she conducts herself there (surprise! there's a momentary hot blast when you open an oven that's in use) looks like she doesn't cook all that often.  Loved the editors' multiple pop-up windows of Shannon's what-ifs as to her myriad concerns for Sophie living on her own.  I'm sure Sophie knew her job was to make her mother look good after the toast-to-Sophie scene.  Then Stella walks by drinking some clear red stuff and Shanny admonishes her for drinking "pure sugar stuff that'll make you sick" but in the next breath says to John "I'm just having vodka".  You know, that healthy stuff that won't make you sick.

I thought the beach party turned out great - a festive afternoon was a good finale for this season of RHOC.

I think Elizabeth's boyfriend Jimmy would look a lot better if he grew his hair out some.  That almost-shaved look does him no favors.

Wait a minute --  Brauny is going back to college?  I thought she said she never went to college, that she got married at 18?

Gina's boyfriend is pretty hunky and so tall!

Brauny has already run through one girlfriend and is on girlfriend number two and I guess Sean is okay at with being her cuckold.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I really like the scenes where Gina and Emily talk.  Gina is telling us the same things Tamra used to say about Shannon, so I tend to believe that's how Shannon is.  She gloms onto a girlfriend and then just constantly hits her up for emotional support without giving any in return.

Speaking of Shanny, her face fillers are settling badly.  The scene where she's getting dinner on the table is where I noticed her oddly lumpy cheeks - not good.  When she was opening the oven door, I was struck by how small the kitchen looks in her rental property - something I'm sure wouldn't be a dealbreaker for Shanny since the way she conducts herself there (surprise! there's a momentary hot blast when you open an oven that's in use) looks like she doesn't cook all that often.  Loved the editors' multiple pop-up windows of Shannon's what-ifs as to her myriad concerns for Sophie living on her own.  I'm sure Sophie knew her job was to make her mother look good after the toast-to-Sophie scene.  Then Stella walks by drinking some clear red stuff and Shanny admonishes her for drinking "pure sugar stuff that'll make you sick" but in the next breath says to John "I'm just having vodka".  You know, that healthy stuff that won't make you sick.

I thought the beach party turned out great - a festive afternoon was a good finale for this season of RHOC.

I think Elizabeth's boyfriend Jimmy would look a lot better if he grew his hair out some.  That almost-shaved look does him no favors.

Wait a minute --  Brauny is going back to college?  I thought she said she never went to college, that she got married at 18?

Gina's boyfriend is pretty hunky and so tall!

Brauny has already run through one girlfriend and is on girlfriend number two and I guess Sean is okay at with being her cuckold.

I’m pretty certain she met Sean in college but she dropped out

6 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m pretty certain she met Sean in college but she dropped out

Funny I just looked this up. They met at Santa Barbara City College, then Sean went on to UC Santa Barbara and received Bachelors in Economics. 

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Then Stella walks by drinking some clear red stuff and Shanny admonishes her for drinking "pure sugar stuff that'll make you sick" but in the next breath says to John "I'm just having vodka". 

I re watched ep 7 & 8, Shannon during the vow renewal. What a mess. If she's not pounding the alcohol,  she's talking about alcohol. Talking about not bringing it to the reception, so we need to drink before we go, oh lets have another one and bring it with us while we walk to the reception hall. They get to the door, and she says can we bring it in? John says, they won't know what's in it and in they go. 

One scene has her ordering 3 vodka's. Everyone knows she trashed, some call her on it and says no, I'm not,  gives a slurring rendition of her vowel renewal (that didn't work, by the way) and how fun their parents renewal is to Rowan and her Brother, who walk away stating how awkward and fucked up she was. John was a very busy bartender, keeping them hydrated. He doesn't seem phased at all by her behavior. Shannon does have a problem with her drinking, but I think she calls it Fun Shannon.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2