Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience

• Start Topic

Very interesting. I loved the sitcom aspects with the hints of something more. Really well balanced.

People are going to go crazy analyzing all the clues. I feel like I need to watch it a few more times to process everything.  I’m pretty sure that was the sword logo at the end. 

I loved the commercial. 

I've been waiting for this premiere for what feels like more than a year, so I freaked out a little when my internet crapped out right at three o'clock, but it thankfully came back in less than a minute. I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff, so will definitely have to watch it again. I always forget what Paul Bettany looks like under the makeup, even when Vision is wearing 'people clothes'. Very much looking forward to overanalyzing all the little hints and clues.

• Love 5

So the weirdness in the episode =

Red ember in the toaster in the commercial. 

The boss' wife repeatedly fritzing out on "stop it" and not really acknowledging him choking. 

The boss recovering like nothing really happened. 

The kind of reality of sitcom clichés. 

The "control room" viewing things, into those outright bizarre outro credits. 

It was very very effective. Just the RIGHT amount of all the needed elements. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

The boss' wife repeatedly fritzing out on "stop it" and not really acknowledging him choking. 

I really wondered if Wanda was choking him to get him to stop. Vision sitting frozen until Wanda told him to act was also interesting. 

I thought this was perfect, honesty. A great set up to the whole story, which just enough mystery to wonder what's really going on.

Loved the call backs with both Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke. I especially loved how they played with the DVD opening with Vision walking through the ottoman instead of tripping.

Everyone seemed like they were having a blast. Boy Kathryn Hahn especially seemed like she was made to do a 60's-style sitcom.

Great to see Debra Jo Rupp, who really added to the proceedings. Great casting. And the actor playing the boss really did look like he was from DVD.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Dani said:

I really wondered if Wanda was choking him to get him to stop. Vision sitting frozen until Wanda told him to act was also interesting. 

It's an interesting idea, not really bolstered or supported until the very end of the NEXT episode, which I'd argue could be interpreted in such a way as to support either that notion OR the very opposite one. We're dealing with two different impulses here. I'll spoil tag since this discussion also includes things from Ep 2.

Spoiler

1.) a desire by Wanda for things to go smoothly. In this interpretation silencing the boss' questions might fit in with her making them stop... 

Or

2.) the situation is one of several times when things go "off script", causing people to either repeat OR begin to question why they're there. Both happen at different times throughout the two episodes. We could interpret the choking as a real random thing that happened to a real person that the "script" didn't have a resolution for. So Wanda nudged this one along with her words, not her magic. The end of Episode 2 is when she uses her magic instead. 

• Love 5

Fun and just the right amount of trippy.

They really made it feel like an old time-y sitcom, with the cheesy theme song, the way the audio sounded scratchy like it would have in the fifties, and even how the "screen" was formatted. And of course the magic elements gave it a real Bewitched vibe. 

Lots of clues to think about, like the Stark toaster "commercial" and what looks like a control room at the end. Plus the wife's odd reaction to her husband choking and how Wanda and Vision have no real knowledge of where they came from or how they got there, or what the company Vision works for actually does. Maybe they're stuck in some sort of simulation? 

• Love 9

I have been waiting to this for what feels like ages, and it was so totally worth  the wait if the rest of the show is as good as this episode. They really did nail the feeling of a 50s/early 60s era sitcom, everything from the clothes to the credits to the slightly off sound mixing to the wacky shenanigans involving impressing the boss plot. The "hiding magic from the boss" plot really made it feel very Bewitched.  Debra Jo Rupp also really fit in really well, and Kathryn Hahn seems like she was made to be the wacky neighbor in a 60s sitcom. This was really great, I am so excited to get to episode two. 

Then it would suddenly feel sort of off, giving the whole thing a very unsettling kind of vibe. Wanda and Vision being unable to remember details about their lives, the wife of the boss seeming to glitch when he was choking, Vision having no idea what his job actually is, it adds a creepy artificiality to the whole thing. Plus of course the ending in some kind of control room, and I know I am going to have to watch it again to catch all of the Easter Eggs, like the Stark toaster commercial with the brief red emblem. 

• Love 14

Just finished watching the first episode and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if I was going to like an entire episode dedicated to the faux sitcom gag part of it but it really held my attention. 

Elizabeth Olsen especially just made this work. Paul Bettany was also good and I really like the chemistry between them. I loved that there were so many call outs to your average 60s sitcom plots and tone but that they also had a lot of weird and creepy undertones to them because we (and Wanda on some level) know that there is a lot more going on. 

This was not even close to the craziest sitcom plot Debra Jo Rupp and Fred Melamed have done taking it at face value. 

And yup pulling out to reveal the control room at the end was expected but can't wait for the rest of it!

I also really love how "WandaVision" has so many different possibilities as a title. Their ship portmanteau, is it all Wanda's Vision for a "happy" life, the people watching Wanda and Vision on television, the people controlling Wanda's vision as well as Vision. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Kromm said:

It's an interesting idea, not really bolstered or supported until the very end of the NEXT episode, which I'd argue could be interpreted in such a way as to support either that notion OR the very opposite one. We're dealing with two different impulses here. I'll spoil tag since this discussion also includes things from Ep 2.

Hide contents

1.) a desire by Wanda for things to go smoothly. In this interpretation silencing the boss' questions might fit in with her making them stop... 

Or

2.) the situation is one of several times when things go "off script", causing people to either repeat OR begin to question why they're there. Both happen at different times throughout the two episodes. We could interpret the choking as a real random thing that happened to a real person that the "script" didn't have a resolution for. So Wanda nudged this one along with her words, not her magic. The end of Episode 2 is when she uses her magic instead. 

I was more thinking that everything (included Vision) was cued to Wanda. It was like everything got stuck like a record skipping until she snapped back to reality. Vision being frozen was particularly unusual given the type of character he is. 

The acting was spot on. They nailed the vibe completely and the jokes weren't bad for the type of sitcom they covered. I especially loved "You move at the speed of sound and I can float a pen with my mind, why would we need to abbreviate anything?" They really had fantastic chemistry. I don't have a lot of ideas as of yet. I assume Wanda and possibly some of the other characters are trapped unconscious in some secret government facility somewhere. 

Kathryn Hahn really is made for this role, and now I feel bad for all the times I confused her for Ana Gasteyer. 

• Love 7

No idea what I am watching here, except given their lack of knowledge of their past and a few moments where Wanda seemed lost, they seem to be held hostage somewhere living a fake life for someone’s amusement or gain.

I’m not sure what we are supposed to do with this approach. I can watch reruns of Dick Van Dyke. Will this particular format lead to anything meaningful besides the amusement of the creator?

• Love 5

That was pretty fun. I loved how it was framed 4:3 like a standard definition tv. Plus 22 minutes was pretty perfect for this kind of thing. Even though it was really well done I am not sure I could handle an hour or even 45 minutes of a fake sitcom. That said I recently rewatched My Name is Earl and this was way better then the coma episodes where he dreamed he was in a black & white sitcom with Alyssa Milano.

I also really liked the gags about Wanda being from Sokovia.

As for clues the end credits had the whole house built out if red crystals and red was the reality stone.

Oh yea and the only thing that would have made it better would be if James Spader had played Vision's boss.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 6

I'm sure everything will make more sense the more it goes on, but for now, this episode certainly seemed to perfectly nail down all of the aspects of the 50/60s comedies: especially ones involving magic like I Dream of Jeannie and, of course, Bewitched.  The silly plots and dated jokes, the acting being on the broader side of things, the music (and opening theme song!), and just the general look of it was spot-on.  I'm not sure how long this gimmick will work, but for now, I enjoyed it.

Not surprise that both Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany were great here.  Both of them seem to be having a ball being more goofy and silly.  I'm sure the fun will eventually end once the truth is reveal (and is this even the actual Vision or some kind of computer simulation.  Or maybe magically created by Wanda?), but it was still enjoyable.

Fred Melamed (and his iconic voice) and Debra Jo Rupp were about as perfect as they could be here.  And Kathryn Hahn was a delight as the classic "nosy neighbor."

Definitely think something is going to come out of the mystery over what the "company" Vision "works" for actually does.

Heh, the Stark Toaster commercial.

Off to watch the next one now!

• Love 5

First episode in and already I'm intrigued.  The play on 50s sitcom tropes. the boss choking while his wife laughs it off along with the tension, and the neighbor popping up at inopportune times.

Seriously, though, that choking scene was something else.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Ottis said:

No idea what I am watching here, except given their lack of knowledge of their past and a few moments where Wanda seemed lost, they seem to be held hostage somewhere living a fake life for someone’s amusement or gain.

I’m not sure what we are supposed to do with this approach. I can watch reruns of Dick Van Dyke. Will this particular format lead to anything meaningful besides the amusement of the creator?

I think the more likely explanation is that Wanda unconsciously caused all this to create her own "happy ending" with Vision.  Unfortunately, she pulled real people into her "vision."  When the boss is choking after asking basic questions about the situation, Debra Jo Rupp's character starts off with "Stop it" as though the husband is faking or something, but toward the end she's turned toward Wanda and is clearly begging Wanda to "Stop it" as in "Stop choking my husband." 

Also, while Wanda speaks in a very American accent, when she tells Vision to help the guy it seemed like she used her normal Sokovian accent at that point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Mr. EB doesn't watch any Marvel stuff so he was bored with this sitcom parody. I didn't even bother to ask if he wanted to watch the second one because he was clearly bored out of his mind watching the first one. I'm a selective Marvel watcher so I've watched Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Runaways, Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2, Deadpool, Black Panther, and the first three seasons of Agents of SHIELD, but that's it so I'm not so heavily invested in the Marvel-verse that I NEED to watch this if it doesn't hold my interest. I'm going to give it a few more episodes but right now I could go either way. It's fine but not OMG I MUST SEE THE NEXT EPISODE IMMEDIATELY.

But Jen Barkley aka the BFF from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is always a delight, as is Kitty Forman. Elizabeth Olsen was great too.

• Love 1

I don't read comic books so I'm not as familiar with the origins of Scarlet Witch/Wanda as I know her from the movies. I love classic sitcoms, but don't really want to watch a whole season of Wanda and Vision stuck in a sitcom without knowing what's going on. Not that I know it's going to be the whole season, just saying.

I think the cast is great and the sets are right on.

6 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I don't read comic books so I'm not as familiar with the origins of Scarlet Witch/Wanda as I know her from the movies. I love classic sitcoms, but don't really want to watch a whole season of Wanda and Vision stuck in a sitcom without knowing what's going on. Not that I know it's going to be the whole season, just saying.

I think the cast is great and the sets are right on.

I don't think it's possible to make a premise that everybody likes. Give it a chance, I'd say, but if the core idea doesn't appeal to you?  Nothing really to be done, I guess. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I don't think it's possible to make a premise that everybody likes. Give it a chance, I'd say, but if the core idea doesn't appeal to you?  Nothing really to be done, I guess. 

This is why I think they should’ve released the season as a whole. I think the slow rollout makes for a harder sell for casual Marvel viewers to stick with it. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, TimothyQ said:

This is why I think they should’ve released the season as a whole. I think the slow rollout makes for a harder sell for casual Marvel viewers to stick with it. 

I think this is definitely a YMMV situation but I like the weekly roll out. I love discussing and speculating on a show week by week for one thing. But I also like the build up and feel it creates more of an impact than binging all in one day. 

I think Marvel have enough good will from enough people to get them to stick with it until ep 4 and a lot of people (like me) *are* loving what there is so far. If the worst comes to the worst there will be a lot of people bingeing it all at once in 8 weeks time once (I'm assuming) everyone's minds are blow away by the gamechangers of last few eps. And then they ride that hype straight into the more traditional political action/thriller/identity politics of TFATWS. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Ottis said:

It's a 9 episode story so my assumption is that the story will evolve and this the beginning of the story. It so happens that we are in the mystery without the setup. Like many stories start.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Britneys Scrunchie said:

What was that little box Vision was clicking at the end? 

I laughed at this, then realized it might be a genuine question? Oh dear. *feels ancient* Kids today! 😂

I'm old enough to remember The Dick Van Dyke Show in reruns (and the wonder of those boxy remote controls) and loved the call backs to that set. Then the added weirdness was fun. I'm definitely intrigued.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I think this is definitely a YMMV situation but I like the weekly roll out. I love discussing and speculating on a show week by week for one thing. But I also like the build up and feel it creates more of an impact than binging all in one day.

Wasn't this show originally supposed to be a lead in to the Dr. Strange movie that Wanda is in? The problem with the binge model is that everyone watches the whole season all at once and then by the time that movie comes out everything from the show has blended together and it makes it harder to remember what happened.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I love classic sitcoms, but don't really want to watch a whole season of Wanda and Vision stuck in a sitcom without knowing what's going on. Not that I know it's going to be the whole season, just saying.

That is very unlikely. In the trailer there is a brief clip of what is going on outside the sitcom world. There are other clips indicating we will get answers quickly. 

8 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I think Marvel have enough good will from enough people to get them to stick with it until ep 4 and a lot of people (like me) *are* loving what there is so far. If the worst comes to the worst there will be a lot of people bingeing it all at once in 8 weeks time once (I'm assuming) everyone's minds are blow away by the gamechangers of last few eps. And then they ride that hype straight into the more traditional political action/thriller/identity politics of TFATWS. 

I completely agree with you. I enjoy binge watching but it kills discussion and anticipation. If a show is really good I find that I enjoy weekly release more because it allows me time to process and understand what I am seeing. 

9 hours ago, TimothyQ said:

If the show is good that shouldn’t be much of a problem because good buzz should bring most of those viewers back. 

6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Wasn't this show originally supposed to be a lead in to the Dr. Strange movie that Wanda is in? The problem with the binge model is that everyone watches the whole season all at once and then by the time that movie comes out everything from the show has blended together and it makes it harder to remember what happened.

Yes. It stills leads to it from a story standpoint but there is a now a year gap. 

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I am really glad this show is rolling the episodes out weekly, I think that this is a show that is best enjoyed slower, where viewers can look for clues, talk about theories amongst themselves, and try to solve the mystery as it is slowly revealed to us. Its clear that this is a mystery and that something is going on here, its not just a wacky slightly surreal MCU sitcom, so I am glad that we are getting the time to speculate and discuss everything week by week and try to piece together the riddle of what this show really is. I feel like a binge watch wouldn't be able to really give us the fun of thinking the show over for a week before getting our next episode and new clues. 

In general, I think that some shows work well as binges more than others do. I usually think of good binge shows as shows that move really quick and have lots of action or plot twists or soapy romance shenanigans, where its a wild ride to jump into all at once. Other shows, usually ones with lots of mysteries or easter eggs, are ones that I prefer to watch further apart, so I can really sink my teeth into every episode and enjoy speculating with other viewers and anticipating the next episode, or often procedurals where the episodes have a strict formula, and if you watch too many at once it runs the risk of getting too repetitive. Not that any of that is gospel or anything, and there are lots of mystery or weird or procedural shows that are good binges and lots of action/plotty/soapy shows that are great week to week, but I am just fine with this show doing this format. It also keeps it in the public discussion for longer, while Marvel isnt putting out as much new material as they usually have. 

I am quite curious about how people who are coming into this show totally blind, who don't know much about the Marvel universe or Wanda and Vision, will feel about the show. I feel like people will still be able to enjoy it without needing to know much about the greater MCU and these characters, but its hard for me to tell, as familiar as I am with the MCU and Marvel in general. 

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

am really glad this show is rolling the episodes out weekly, I think that this is a show that is best enjoyed slower, where viewers can look for clues, talk about theories amongst themselves, and try to solve the mystery as it is slowly revealed to us.

Plus weekly episodes fits better with the classic sitcom format.

• Love 12

I am a casual Marvel viewer, I watched some of the Netflix series and some of the movies but am not familiar with the comics.  I barely remember these characters from the movies.  Even after the second episode I am finding this very tough going.  I have always liked Paul Bettany so I am basically watching for him right now.

Maybe if they'd put Baby Grogu into this I might be more compelled....I am kidding!  I know this is not Star Wars.  Still, he would improve things for me.  Slinks out before getting kicked out.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I am really glad this show is rolling the episodes out weekly, I think that this is a show that is best enjoyed slower, where viewers can look for clues, talk about theories amongst themselves, and try to solve the mystery as it is slowly revealed to us. Its clear that this is a mystery and that something is going on here, its not just a wacky slightly surreal MCU sitcom, so I am glad that we are getting the time to speculate and discuss everything week by week and try to piece together the riddle of what this show really is. I feel like a binge watch wouldn't be able to really give us the fun of thinking the show over for a week before getting our next episode and new clues. 

I think these are great points. Plus if it had all dropped yesterday, I'd already have watched it all. 😬 This forces me to slow down and I'll get to enjoy it longer. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, bethy said:

I think these are great points. Plus if it had all dropped yesterday, I'd already have watched it all. 😬 This forces me to slow down and I'll get to enjoy it longer. 

Oh yes, if they'd given me the option I'd have watched it all at once (and six hours isn't much in one go in quarantine) And I'd now be the ep 8/9 threads going "wow, can't wait for the rest of P4" and then forgetting about it after a couple of days and coming to discuss it a few more times but not really building any deep rooted interest in it. I find binge watching like a candy bar, awesome but not long term satisfying. Which is great for trashy or action shows but with this I know I'd miss half of it and forget to do a complete rewatch. 

But something like this IMHO deserves savouring and is perfect for actual forum discussion and not just *^&%£!! reaction on twitter. 

Also kind of helps in a personal way that a lot of my shows recently ended or are on long breaks and/or breaking my heart so I'm shopping for a new one to get invested in and this weekly seems to fit the bill. 

• Love 4

I think they made the right decision to roll this out weekly. This show begs for discussions about the hidden clues and wtf is going on and deep dives into what it all means. Lol 

That said I'm glad they dropped 2 eps at once. This one was the set up. 

• Love 5
On 1/15/2021 at 3:34 AM, Dani said:

Wanda choking him was how I saw it on rewatch. And I noticed that as the wife keeps repeating “stop it,” she actually turns to Wanda and starts saying it to her. It was kind of chilling. It’s around that point when Wanda tells Vision to do something. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, bethy said:

Wanda choking him was how I saw it on rewatch. And I noticed that as the wife keeps repeating “stop it,” she actually turns to Wanda and starts saying it to her. It was kind of chilling. It’s around that point when Wanda tells Vision to do something. 

The wife is definitely talking to Wanda. But I think she may be talking about errr... being enslaved to a sitcom script. I think the husband may have honestly choked, a random event, thus pushing things off-script. Whenever things get off-script, people momentarily get the freedom to speak something not scripted. The radio saying Wanda's name was thus another instance of this. Because it broke the script, Dottie momentarily gains the ability to speak something real. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I think they made the right decision to roll this out weekly. This show begs for discussions about the hidden clues and wtf is going on and deep dives into what it all means. Lol 

Disney + had to, they don't have a deep bench when it come to new material. They have to keep people coming back to the website until they can get the rest of their new shows dropping on the regular.

• Love 3

I'm glad for the episode a week drop because it forced me to pay attention.  It's given me a chance to really think about what I've seen and what it could all mean, then come here to read what others think.  Then I go back and re-watch to pick up on stuff I missed during the first viewing.

I've not watched a lot of the other Marvel movies, so this show is new to me.  I've never heard of Wanda or Vision before.  I've watched both Guardians of the Galaxy movies, a couple of Thor movies, Dr. Strange, and one of the Captain America movies.  I watched the Avengers: Infinity War.  On TV I watched both seasons of Peggy Carter.  

So far none of those characters have shown up on WandaVision, so I'm flying blind.  If a character I watched before on one of the other movies has made an appearance yet, I don't recognize them, maybe they didn't play a large enough role on the other movies for me to pick up on them.

Anyway, I've already decided that Wanda is trapped in a virtual world, and not really well-prepared for it as she realizes that she and Vision don't have any sort of back-story.  They both seem to to want to fit in, indeed, they agree that they must fit in.  They know that Vision isn't a human male and must not be found to be different.  Not sure about Wanda.  Her origins are from some place or country I've never heard of.  But neither of them are surprised to have 'powers' and know to keep them under wraps.

Wanda is unprepared to have a dinner party for her husband and his boss, because she's been thinking that she should have been making a special anniversary evening for herself and Vision.  Hilarity ensues.  But Wanda can call on her new friend Agnes to come over with a four course dinner for four, complete with recipe cards and instructions on warming up and finishing the meal, no questions asked.  She does not find that odd.  Then she messes that up, but manages to come up with the unique of breakfast for dinner.

The question about why they didn't have children yet was odd.  Back in the '50's, that sort of thing just wasn't discussed between people who didn't know each other well, and definitely not in mixed company.  At most the Mrs. Hart would have asked how long they'd been married, but not inquired further.  If Wanda and Vision had simply said they got married just before moving to town no one would have expected them to have children.  

I think there was another hint to just make something up when Mr. Hart, obviously suspicious of why WandaVision stumbled over answering the most basic questions, Mrs. Hart suddenly started telling her husband "They're setting up their story.  Give them a moment."  That pretty much confirmed their NPC status to me, but whoever was controlling the boss NPC didn't dial it back and let it go.  

At first, I didn't think that Wanda caused Vision's boss to choke.  Maybe, in a moment of panic she could have caused his food to stick in his throat, but she could have also caused him to "throw up" the food when she realized the implications of killing the boss.  Could she have been cold enough to wait long enough for the circumstances to be dire and then tell Vision to "Help him!" Vision was staring more at Wanda than his boss or the boss's wife during the choking sequence.  Was he wondering if she was causing his boss to choke, or knew she was doing it and wondering how to respond, or did he believe his boss was truly choking and wondering how a human male would handle the situation?

I know that Wanda/Vision were flummoxed by the boss getting irate and demanding they answer some basic questions about themselves.  Wanda at least realized that people were going to be curious when earlier in the day she met Agnes and Agnes started asking questions.  I think that was a warning to Wanda to make up some sort of a past, but she missed the clue and focused on preparing for the upcoming dinner party.  Whoever is controlling the environment should have given her at least one evening to talk to Vision about it.  They should have realized that she needed more time and had the boss to tell Vision that they'd have to cancel the planned dinner and ask if they could do it the next evening instead.

Maybe someone was more interested in finding out how they'd handle unexpected company when Vision has been clued in about what the heart on the calendar meant (Boss man Mr. Hart and his wife are coming to dinner at the insistence of Mr. Hart so he can evaluate Vision's fitness to continue working at his firm).  But Wanda has been given false hints from their next door neighbor Agnes.  Either way, it caused a problem that made it obvious something was not right.

Whatever was going on, Mr. and Mrs. Hart immediately moved leave without mentioning they hadn't finished dinner, the choking, or the unbelievable act of Vision moving his hand through the mans throat to take the offending piece of food out.  They just went straight to "Oh look at the time.  Got to go now.  Lovely dinner."  Boss shakes Visions hand and calls him 'Son'.  Was he talking about Vision saving his life or did the script go to the end of the evening where he was supposed to be won over by a lovely dinner and conversation to decide that Vision was management potential and can keep his job?

But why did Wanda and Vision not really discuss the evening after that?  They just cuddled on the couch and decided that they now had a wedding anniversary and a special song, and Wanda created their wedding rings.  Then they kissed and turned to watch the TV.  Wouldn't this have been the time to have a long talk about who they were supposed to be, their ages, education, how long they'd been married, etc.  They should have stayed up all night setting up a story for who they were and what they've done before they got here.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I've not watched a lot of the other Marvel movies, so this show is new to me.  I've never heard of Wanda or Vision before.  I've watched both Guardians of the Galaxy movies, a couple of Thor movies, Dr. Strange, and one of the Captain America movies.  I watched the Avengers: Infinity War.  On TV I watched both seasons of Peggy Carter.  

They were both in Avengers: Infinity War. Here is a scene from the movie where they are together.

Scarlet Witch and Vision vs Black Order - Fight scene | Avengers Infinity War (2018) Movie CLIP 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Isop3_1FIA

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

They were both in Avengers: Infinity War. Here is a scene from the movie where they are together.

Scarlet Witch and Vision vs Black Order - Fight scene | Avengers Infinity War (2018) Movie CLIP 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Isop3_1FIA

I think it's safe to say though that the main movie relevant to them is Age of Ultron.  They're major characters in that one.

23 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I think it's safe to say though that the main movie relevant to them is Age of Ultron.  They're major characters in that one.

I disagree. Ultron is their origin stories but I think Infinity War is more important to their story as a couple. Ultron, Civil War and Infinity War are all integral to who Wanda is now.  

39 minutes ago, Dani said:

I think Infinity War is more important to their story as a couple. Ultron, Civil War and Infinity War are all integral to who Wanda is now.  

Given the MCU's spotty ability to make romantic pairings work, I'm a little surprised how many people who aren't me enjoy and/or care about Wanda's relationship with Vision. You can't predict chemistry, and casting has certainly helped here IMO, but the franchise needed them to work as a couple given the place Wanda is in now. Even with her brother, she managed to get past that loss, but she didn't cause Pietro's death directly.

• Love 3

When they first made it clear they were "going there" in CW I was a little surprised that the dedicated time to it given the million characters in a technical Cap film problem but I enjoyed their interactions, both actors are great and have chemistry together and the characters are definitely interesting. 

Again, a lot of development happened off screen before IW but I thought they made it work and the ending was devastating. The MCU does have a spotty track record with romance but this was one that I thought was handled well. And with both actors on fire in this I even care about them getting a fake HEA in the suburbs before getting to the meat and tragedy of watching it all unravel for Wanda (again). 

• Love 3

Frankly, I am totally okay with relationships which develop mostly off screen as long as the movies actually bother to have a "Paprika scene"...and with that I mean the scene Wanda and Vision shared in Civil war which perfectly explains why they feel drawn to each other without just outright explaining it. Like...making the audience feel the connection instead of trying to convince them with arguments that it exists (Whedon, take notes).

• Love 4

I'll admit I knew that Wanda and Vision were married at one point in the comics, so them becoming a couple in the MCU was something I was expecting. But I was surprised how quickly I bought into their relationship. When he asks her to stay with him in Infinity War, I bought into all their offscreen relationship development to the point that I was really sad at the end of Infinity War and also sad to see that Shuri hadn't somehow resurrected him at the end of  Endgame. They didn't get a lot of screen time or development, but I think Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen have great chemistry and are talented enough to convey everything they need to with their limited time on screen. 

• Love 3