Type keyword(s) to search

Guy's Ranch Kitchen - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I've enjoyed these last 2 new episodes.  I liked the Halloween theme in that it wasn't over the top and still produced some might fine looking food.

I saw the episode on yesterday.  Don't tear me a new one, but Hunter seemed more talkative and relaxed in front of the camera.  I think it would be hard to be in his shoes.  Always being compared to his father and being maligned for having "unfair advantages".  Hunter does not have Guy's bombastic personality.  He seems more laid back.  I was just reading The Kitchen thread.  Some were commenting on Alex's daughter Ava.  She is just 14 or so.  I really would not express any opinion on her since she is so young.  I only wish her the best.  Being a teenager is hard enough these days.  I wish Hunter and his little brother the best as well.  Hope they both find their groove.  This has been a public service announcement.

• Love 3

I think Hunter is being groomed, for what I am not so sure. My opinion is his appearance on his dad's tv shows is no substitute for actual restaurant experience.  Flying on daddy's coattails anyone???  

Edited by Gramto6
typo
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I think Hunter is being groomed, for what I am not so sure. My opinion is his appearance on his dad's tv shows is no substitute for actual restaurant experience.  Flying on daddy's coattails angtone???  

I would imagine that Guy would be training his sons to manage the empire he has built.  He owns restaurants.  Do we know that his son has not been working in them and learning the business?  I don't know the extent of his education and training, does anyone here?  Sometimes it gets tiresome to see how critical and judgemental people are getting.  Could any of us withstand social media scrutiny?  I'm not trying to be preachy.  Just setting my affairs in order.  One aspect would be giving benefit of doubt and kindness to people I don't even know.  May others do the same for me.

• Love 1

Pretty sure Hunter followed in Guy's footsteps and majored in Hospitality at UNLV. Any subsequent restaurant work he might have done post graduation has never been mentioned, so I am inclined to think that he went straight to working for his father. 

• Love 2

Today's episode was Simplified Thanksgiving (or something like that) and the chefs were anything but simple, lol.  Mark Murphy did raviolis with homemade pasta dough, Mike V did a massive turkey cutlet Japanese katsu style, and the used other turkey parts to make the gravy, etc, and so on.  (There was more food and chefs than this, of course, I just don't remember all the dishes, lol).  It all looked really good, of course, I just laughed at "simple".  Granted, so did Guy during the intro. 

• Love 1

Here to make a comment about an old episode that aired this weekend. it was supposed to be something about the holidays and it featured Rocco DiSpirto, Marc Murphy, Scott Conant and Jonathan Waxman. By the end of the episode, almost all of them had sweat stains all over their shirts with the worst being Rocco whose shirt looked positively WET, especially the back. it was pretty disgusting. But what was interesting was in their sit-down talking heads, their shirts were back to being dry but their comments made it sound as if they were being interviewed after they had all cooked and tasted each other's food. 

I just don't understand why if they insist on cooking outdoors, especially during the summer or a heat wave, they don't have fans or extra shirts for them to change into. I

18 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

Only three chefs today, and one of them was Hunter!

I felt cheated.  There should always be at least four real chefs.

Yeah, I always feel cheated when they throw Hunter in the mix. Don't know if it is Guy or FN that is trying to make something of him. To me he needs to go out and work in some restaurants that aren't owned by his dad! Then he will have some real creds. Maybe he has, but it hasn't been advertised??

Edited by Gramto6

I saw him listed as one of the chefs and didn't even bother to turn it on.    I'm not watching the latest GGG tournament because they have him as a judge on that.    It's bad enough when they shoehorn him as sidekick host but I don't take him seriously as a judge. 

• Like 1