Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Scream for Me

(edited)

Alison moves in with Hanna, which pushes Hanna further down a dark path. Hanna's insecurities and current situation continue to plague her when Hanna moves into the Marin house while her dad is out of town. Now forced to live with the one person she is trying to avoid, Hanna retreats further into abusing alcohol and ends up in a sticky situation. Meanwhile, Aria drops the ball on her maid of honor duties when Ella returns to town to plan her wedding and Spencer and Emily pursue a dangerous lead, trying to solve the mystery of the dead girl in Alison's grave.

This is definitely my favorite of the A's we've had so far. I love that this A is trying to pull the girls apart even more than normal. It makes it so much more compelling.

Edited by AmandaPanda
  • Love 1

I bet Zach makes a move on Hanna. First of all...Rosewood. Second of all, that's what would make Aria mad at her. 

It seems that A is trying to break them apart, and Ali is looking for leverage with all of them, which is breaking them all up. 

(edited)

I should probably just wait until next week to find out, but why does Aria say "You're the problem Hanna, you're always the problem!" ?  I get that Hanna has a mild drinking problem, but seriously all of the Lairs have had problems.  Like less than a month ago (in show time) Aria went berserk in Ezra's apartment and then curled into the fetal position.  I really don't get why the Liars are all being so hard on Hanna.  Shouldn't they try to be a little more supportive?

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 6

I should probably just wait until next week to find out, but why does Aria "Your the problem Hanna, your always the problem!" ?  I get that Hanna has a mild drinking problem, but seriously all of the Lairs have had problems.  Like less than a month ago (in show time) Aria went berserk in Ezra's apartment and then curled into the fetal position.  I really don't get why the Liars are all being so hard on Hanna.  Shouldn't they try to be a little more supportive?

It's really annoying and I think she said something about Spencer when she had her meltdown, she really shouldn't judge when she's not nearly as involved as the other Liars by comparison.

They all do that though. They all get judgy and angry with each other when they go through their breakdowns. I think it's actually a normal teenage reaction. But I do feel like all the liars are being extra harsh on Hanna this time. Then again, they likely don't even know why she's going through her issues. Only Emily has noticed Hanna's issues with Ali, and obviously Emily is going to side with Ali. 

They all do that though. They all get judgy and angry with each other when they go through their breakdowns. I think it's actually a normal teenage reaction. But I do feel like all the liars are being extra harsh on Hanna this time. Then again, they likely don't even know why she's going through her issues. Only Emily has noticed Hanna's issues with Ali, and obviously Emily is going to side with Ali. 

That's what makes Emily annoying especially around Ali.

^ IMO, not in this case. When it comes to Hanna and Ali right now, Hanna has all these issues, but Ali did nothing in particular to trigger them. She just came back, and it was enough. As horrible as Ali was/is, this time she really isn't at fault. Hanna is an Ali clone due to Mona's interference. Ali can't help being the original. Is she supposed to change so that Hanna remains who she is now with no conflict?

I think there's more too it than being an Ali clone though . Although I agree that Ali hasn't done anything wrong this time, I just think Hanna finds her to be toxic. She brings up past demons. And she is also trying to run the show again. (A typically Ali thing to do, and not necessarily bad..but still..a more confident Hanna finds that to be toxic.) 

I think Ali has done something to Hanna, she's lying to all of them. She has not told them what really happened to her. She's said that she left town because of A and that her mother buried her alive, but she hasn't told them where she was for two years or what she was doing popping back into town to pull them out of fires and play dress up as a candy striper. 

Last season she said she thought she knew who was A but now "isn't so sure." Did she ever divulge who she thought A was? 

Ali is keeping major secrets from them. If she wanted to make things right, she would be honest. Then I think that Hanna would support Ali. 

And while I understand that if they told the police, this show would come to an end, I'm really having trouble suspending my disbelief at this point. At least in the books, A wasn't blowing up houses, well at least not until the end.

• Love 3
(edited)

And while I understand that if they told the police, this show would come to an end, I'm really having trouble suspending my disbelief at this point. At least in the books, A wasn't blowing up houses, well at least not until the end.

The worst part is how Ali and the Liars expect everyone else to be okay with it and act like nothing is wrong and avoid asking any questions when she's faked her death, a house recently blew up, and there are bruises all over her body.  All while she's in a constant scared victim state makes it very annoying to watch.

Edited by FAU

I want to know how Ali either cleaned up the mess from her and Emily's fight with A without her dad noticing the broken stuff went missing, or how Ali explained the mess to her dad.  Her determination to keep secrets is SO DUMB RIGHT NOW, even if it is necessary to the continuation of the plot.  If Ali were really scared for her life, she'd freaking tell the cops what's up.  I think the girl is as scared that her dirty deeds are going to come to light as she is of anything or anyone.  I mean, she's probably committed multiple jail-worthy offenses, even before someone tried to bury her alive, and if everyone knew what she'd done, she couldn't play victim anymore and manipulate people with those sad baby blue eyes of hers.  

Everyone needs to lay off Hanna!  Seriously, back off my girl.  Especially Aria, who has no right to judge anybody.  Ever.  And how dumb are they to play into A's manipulations?  Even if as much time hasn't passed for the Liars as for us, don't they know by now that A is the master of spin, and can misrepresent anything?  That said, why would Hanna decide to trust Sydney in that moment (she wasn't that drunk), and won't she figure out that means that Sydney is somehow involved with A?  She just blew her cover as a mouthy and nosy swim girl.  Do the Liars figure this out? Btw, did this Hanna-Sydney-A text chain of events mean that Mona, Jenna, and Sydney are in direct communication with A?  I was unsure if Mona was trying to go rogue from A and do her own Ali destruction thing, but this seems like they're in it together, at least for now.

The promo link in the first post is no longer working, so here's a different link (my favorite part is that A circled all the A notes on the sheet music in red!):

Sneak peeks (I love that ABC Family's promos say to text PRETTY to 462223 to start getting texts from A - I seriously started cackling when I saw that on the screen!):

That last clip has the Ali staying at Hanna's house thing seem so much more logical. Clearly, Ali is trying to keep an eye on Hanna since she's been identified as the "weak link." Ali is so incredibly manipulative. I'm really hoping they do just have Ali be a straight-up sociopath. There is literally no other way, in my opinion, that any of her actions would be justified otherwise.

I can never get over how poorly Radley is run. I've had loved ones in psychiatric hospitals and have toured them for my social work classes in college. It seems like they did absolutely no background check with Aria or gave her any sort of training. People can't actually just wander around. Radley is clearly not accredited and if they are, they're going to lose that as soon as an inspector comes in. I also kind of hope Big Rhonda kicks Aria's ass.

• Love 1
(edited)

That last clip has the Ali staying at Hanna's house thing seem so much more logical. Clearly, Ali is trying to keep an eye on Hanna since she's been identified as the "weak link." Ali is so incredibly manipulative. I'm really hoping they do just have Ali be a straight-up sociopath. There is literally no other way, in my opinion, that any of her actions would be justified otherwise.

In Alison's defense, staying at Hanna's house really is the best option.  Mrs. Fields all but knows that Alison is lying about being kidnapped.  The Hastings are getting divorced and probably had something to do with Alison's attempted murder.  Mr. Montgomery is probably still mad about Alison blackmailing him for thousands of dollars.  Also Alison might jump out a window if she had to listen to Aria talk about Ezra all night.  Basically, Ms. Marin is the only parent on the show who doesn't hate Alison.  That doesn't mean Alison isn't going to use this as an opportunity to manipulate or control Hanna, but she at least has a reason for staying with her.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 9

For those of us that didn't watch Ravenswood, I wish they'd explain why Caleb is acting this way. It's such a complete turnaround.

So now Zach's a creeper? Lordy.

I never know what to believe when it comes to Alison. She lies so well.

(edited)

Now that's the Ali we all remember! Welcome back Alison, you were missed!

Welcome to Rosewood Zack, your creeper starter kit will be mailed to your house shortly. We at Stalker Apparel thank you and every male in Rosewood for your continued business.

I would watch Hanna and Caleb road tripping and getting drunk (maybe robbing the occasional bank) around the world. Now THAT is a spin off we can all get behind.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8

I guess it's true that every guy (besides Mr Fields and Pastor Ted) in Rosewood is a creep.  Not to mention how weird it was that Zach hit on his fiancee's daughter's friend.  

Rosewood is full of creepers and teen girls are the main choice.

I think that the writers want us to think Zach is a Creeper. Personally I think it's another red herring. I think he was referring to Hanna's drinking not coming on to her. Even though the touching was creepy. But leave it to IMK to make every gesture sexual in some way.

• Love 1
(edited)

I seriously wonder if the writers are try to make us hate Toby and Aria.

Toby is going to be a cop, which made me laugh, and makes no sense.  At the rate A is going, things are going to be over before Toby has his first day at the academy. Also, didn't Toby do at least a year in juvie?  Shouldn't that disqualify him from becoming a cop?  His girlfriend was almost killed by A, and he was still mad that Spencer thought him becoming a cop was stupid.  Get over it.  To make things worse, Spencer said she was sorry, while trying to pull a piece of wood out of eye.  Seriously Spencer is way to much of a doormat with him.  Lastly, Toby cut his hair, I liked his hair longer, it was basically the only thing I liked about the character.  Just saying.

Aria was doing so well.  She was relevant to the plot.  She hardly talked about Ezra.  She even wore clothes close to normal.  Everything was going so well, and then Hanna told Aria that Zach hit on her and Aria flipped a shit.  Way to be the worst friend ever!  Hanna already has a drinking problem, I doubt blaming her for being hit on by an older guy, when she is clearly upset about it, is going to help things.

Everything else was good.  Nothing great but it gave me my weekly fix of Pretty Little Liars.  Spencer and Emily teamed up to get shit done.  Emily realized Sydney is shady.  Hanna and Caleb are sweet, even if they are alcoholics.  Ali is a lying, manipulative bitch again (which probably means she will be revealed to be good at the end of the season but whatever).  We found out some more weird details about Mrs. D and Bethany Young, moving us a tiny bit closer to finally finding out who uber-A is.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 2
(edited)

I. Hate. Ali. So. Much.

Oh my god Aria is such a bitch!

I want to take Hanna away and give her hugs.

*I haven't finished watching the whole episode yet.

Edited by Dejajeva

Anyone else burst out laughing when Aria of all people accused Hanna of being the problem?  

Hanna saying smart and sassy thing (and shirtless Noel Kahn) is the solution.  Aria just came onto this show at the end of last season.

(edited)

Honestly, Hanna's my favorite, but I can't blame Aria for that. Hanna just blabbed out in public that they were in New York. She's been out of it. And the guy she's talking about isn't some guy, it's her mother's fiance. It's not surprising that an already upset Aria would lash out there. As creepy as Zach was. I did love how you could see the wheels spinning at the end there. "Wait..this is Rosewood..He's a man...."

I love how Drunk Caleb still has the best idea. Run away. (For those who didn't watch Ravenswood. Basically, IMK took the only good guy that was consistently around in Rosewood, and sent him off to be eternally cursed. Looked like by the girl from the Ring. Now he's damaged cause he saw ghosts and ish. Although, I wonder if that's the story they are going to go with.) 

So Bethany and Mrs. D were buddies. Please don't be going with the twin thing..I love that Spencer is checking Ali's stories.

Also, I love manipulative Ali. I just wish it wasn't with Ashley. 

Edited by mercfan3
(edited)

Ali is so gross. Aria is even worse by saying it's Hanna's fault a grown ass man felt her up. Then again this is the same girl who took back a grown ass man who knew her age, dated her not dead best friend and oh yeah wanted to exploit her and her other friends life for a stupid book.

I applaud Toby for becoming a cop. At least they have someone they can trust on the inside. The last one that was apprently on their side was Garett because Spencer was special or something.

Hanna, oh Hanna you deserve better than whats happening to you. Your mom is getting played like a fiddle by Ali and you're getting gas lit because Aria is to much of a chicken to see that maybe just maybe Piper is about to marry notLeo. Then you have a useless Caleb doing nothing but poisoning his liver along with you.

If the girls still trust Ali after this then I don't know what to say honestly. This is basically Halloween The First Secret all over again and this time it was Hanna's mom.

I think I laughed more when Aria said she and the other Liars are dealing with the A stuff. Hanna has been doing this for 5 seasons Aria. You just started doing it and failed miserably at it.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 7

Dear Mr. Cavanaugh,

We thank you for your interest in the Harrisburg Police Academy. Please contact us again when you have 1) reached your 20th birthday and 2) achieved at least 60 hours of college credit or an associate's degree.

Sincerely, 

Someone Who Took Five Seconds to Actually Look Up the Requirements to Be a Police Officer in Pennsylvania

• Love 17
Then you have a useless Caleb doing nothing but poisoning his liver along with you.

Hanna shouldn't have been able to walk after drinking half a bottle of whiskey like that, let alone put sentences together while talking to Caleb at his place.   She was chugging it straight out of the bottle which is not easy.  She should have been vomiting all over the place by that point.

Why is Ashley completely unaware that Hanna is drunk all the time ?  How come no one on the school staff noticed ?  Slurring her words while singing in the choir, showing up late, unkempt, with food stuck to your head -- that's not subtle at all.

(edited)

I guess the one really useful thing we learned from this episode is that it's almost Christmas since they were singing "What Child Is This" (although since when were any of the girls in choir, let alone all five of them?).

If there was any doubt that Alison is back, this was the nail in the coffin. What kind of mean crazy bitch has someone break into the house just to scare her friend's mom so she can get some more sympathy? Oh yeah, ALISON DILAURENTIS. The fact that she did it to Ashley, who is the awesomest parent on this show, just makes it even worse.

My other complaint is that Noel Kahn was there but we didn't actually get to see Noel Kahn. What a total rip off!

The thing I hated most about Hanna's Zach storyline is how realistic it was for Hanna to blame herself for wearing a short skirt and then for her own friends to ask if her she was drunk and/or misinterpreting what happened. This is the problem with society. Guys get to be predatory assholes and the victims get blamed by their own friends and by themselves.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 11
(edited)

Of course Zach's a creeper, WTF Rosewood? Get some decent men! 

I'm glad that Ali really is a psychopath. I'm really beginning to think she is Uber A and is messing with everyone in that whole town. By the end no one will know what is true and what isn't. She's like Margaery Tyrell on Game of Thrones, she doesn't want to be a queen, she wants to be THE QUEEN.

Where's Mona, she should be digging her claws into drunk Hanna, telling her about how awful Alison is and wouldn't it be great to run her out of town. Hanna seems like she'd join them in a heartbeat, especially now.

Still don't care about drunk Caleb. Or Toby's mamadrama.

Dear Mr. Cavanaugh,

We thank you for your interest in the Harrisburg Police Academy. Please contact us again when you have 1) reached your 20th birthday and 2) achieved at least 60 hours of college credit or an associate's degree.

Sincerely, 

Someone Who Took Five Seconds to Actually Look Up the Requirements to Be a Police Officer in Pennsylvania

That may be the case in real world Pennsylvania, I think the only requirements for the Rosewood PD for males is to have experience in stalking and to hit on girls at least 4 years younger than you. Being a former member of the A Team (that seems to have been forgotten) Toby's got the stalking part covered, now he needs to find a high school Freshman to date.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)
Of course Zach's a creeper, WTF Rosewood? Get some decent men!

Ha, I swear Rosewood has a special program to find non-creepers and forcibly export them out of town.

For a little while there, I was wondering if Ali had really changed but apparently the answer to that question is HELL NO.

I loved Hanna pressing her face against the window wishing for a sandwich. I also loved Spencer getting hysterical when she asked Toby if that's why he cut his hair.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
(edited)

Spencer shoud've been praising Toby for cutting that mop off his head. 

I can't wait for the Liars to finally be like, "you know what, maybe Jenna and Mona and Lucas and Paige and Melissa and Jason and Toby and everyone else in the entire town were right about Alison being a psycho."

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

The thing I hated most about Hanna's Zach storyline is how realistic it was for Hanna to blame herself for wearing a short skirt and then for her own friends to ask if her she was drunk and/or misinterpreting what happened. This is the problem with society. Guys get to be predatory assholes and the victims get blamed by their own friends and by themselves.

This. That was what infuriated me about this storyline. All three of those girls (particularly Aria) better apologize to Hanna for not believing her and immediately assuming it was her fault. Zach was clearly preying on her because she was drunk and would therefore not be believable to other people. I would have been a lot more comfortable with this storyline if he were preying on her while she was sober. This just adds to the societal viewpoint that all drunk girls deserve to be preyed upon because they were clearly asking for it.

• Love 2
(edited)

This. That was what infuriated me about this storyline. All three of those girls (particularly Aria) better apologize to Hanna for not believing her and immediately assuming it was her fault. Zach was clearly preying on her because she was drunk and would therefore not be believable to other people. I would have been a lot more comfortable with this storyline if he were preying on her while she was sober. This just adds to the societal viewpoint that all drunk girls deserve to be preyed upon because they were clearly asking for it.

At times, I really think this show is a feminist theory college project. 

But I'll say this, as much as it was obvious victim blaming. (Which, was actually blatantly said in this episode when Ashley was yelling at the cop.) At least the girls weren't claiming that it was Hanna's fault that the guy felt her up. Emily and Spencer asked if she misinterpreted because she was drunk. Aria lashed out and inferred that Hanna was the one doing the flirting.

But the whole story line is as accurate as when Nate got all entitled because Maya/Emily wouldn't date him. There's a lot of feminist theory in this show. And it's very self aware in that way. 

I still can't blame Ali completely. She's manipulative and strategic and she doesn't care who she hurts if it's necessary to save her own skin. But she also has a reason to be that way. Which people forget. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 8

Everyone else has brought up my concerns with this episode, but that being said, I rather liked it.  Except for the fact that Ashley doesn't have room in her bathroom for bath salts and she has to use a kitchen cupboard for this.  Very sad, that.  

• Love 1

Everyone else has brought up my concerns with this episode, but that being said, I rather liked it.  Except for the fact that Ashley doesn't have room in her bathroom for bath salts and she has to use a kitchen cupboard for this.  Very sad, that.  

Seriously! How many different bath salts does she have that she needed to keep some outside the bathroom? Or are those her super special ones that she keeps hidden, since Hanna mentioned Mama Marin hadn't let her use those when she'd asked before.

• Love 1

Dear Mr. Cavanaugh,

Sincerely, 

You're forgetting this is the Rosewood police department. The fact that Toby spent time in juvie for causing the fire that blinded his stepsister means that all other requirements get waived, he's met the most important one. 

This was a boring episode, & I feel like we keep getting the same crap over & over. I'm sorry, but IMO, this was a better show when Ali wasn't on it all the time. Now I feel like the writers are just coming up with junk because they've run out of ideas. We had the addiction plot with Spencer already, we don't need another version with Hanna, Aria is so clueless I want to strangle her, why wouldn't you even listen to Hanna? Your own father went after a younger girl when he was married to your mother, why wouldn't you at least consider the possibility she's telling the truth? It isn't like she's always saying guys are hitting on her when they aren't. Is Spencer going to be blind now? We haven't had enough of that with Jenna? And the biggest question of all, how long are they going to put up with Ali's lies & plots? She tells them nothing, & these morons just keep backing her up. I'm sick of it.

Another damn Noel Kahn reference made and yet still no actual Noel Kahn sighting (you know that guy in the Marin house was just an extra). WTF, show?!

Aria usually just annoys me but I seriously wanted to reach into the tv and bitchslap her for how she treated my beloved Hanna. I'm with whoever posted just above that Caleb, even tho he's a drunk now, made the best suggestion ever when he asked Hanna to leave town with him. I'm so over the other Liars treating Hanna like shit because she didn't fall back into line at Ali's beck and call. I hope she flips them the bird with both hands when they realize they need her to help them when Ali's lies are exposed. I don't think I want Hanna to join Mona's Loser Army though, just be off on her own with Caleb and her mother.

Ella deserves better than what she's getting in that soon-to-be husband of hers. I'm so over tired of Rosewood turning 99% of men into creepers.

Although I enjoyed the episode I am still not happy that Ali has returned. I don't care how damaged she is, going behind Hanna's back to sniffle at Ashley in order to crash at the Marin house was bad enough...asking Noel Kahn to scare Ashley by breaking into the house in order to get her on Ali's side is beyond low. And Spencer and Emily may have looked shocked and a little disgusted when Ali admitted it to them but come on, Spencer will be too wrapped up in her family's implosion and having Toby dilute her past awesomeness with his mere presence and Emily will continue to allow Ali to do what she wants because well, she's Ali.

I'm sure I have more but I am still seething over Hanna's treatment by her supposed friends.

• Love 1

Aria was doing so well.  She was relevant to the plot.  She hardly talked about Ezra.  She even wore clothes close to normal.  Everything was going so well, and then Hanna told Aria that Zach hit on her and Aria flipped a shit.  Way to be the worst friend ever!  Hanna already has a drinking problem, I doubt blaming her for being hit on by an older guy, when she is clearly upset about it, is going to help things.

No surprise she has no problem with creepers, just look who's she's with.

As for Ali, I hope we're done with the whole scared victim bs because that just sucked to watch.

With the looks that Emily and Spencer exchanged when Ali admitted to hiring Noel Kahn, I think they are about to get over her bullshit.  Ali went over the line on that one and I think the girls are starting to see what she really is. 

I completely forgot that Piper and her boy toy got engaged.  I was more bugged than I want to admit that said boy toy hit on Hannah.  I was really hoping that it was a misunderstanding at the grill....that he perhaps had a drinking problem as a teen and was trying to help...but that went out the window with the scene in the car when he started talking about "vibes" and putting his hand on her thigh.  *sigh*  Why must every man who has the beautiful and sexy Piper want someone younger and inappropriate for them?!   Honestly, I am completely flabbergasted by that entire "storyline".  First off, it is not good writing to make every freakin' adult male a creeper.  Second, Zach runs the most popular teen hang out in Rosewood.  It is always chock full of high school honeys.  Why would he choose to hit on the best friend of his fiancé's daughter?  That is just asking to get caught by his fiancé.  For that matter, why the hell did he rush into an engagement with Piper when he has an obvious thing for teenage girls (or any other women for that matter). 

The show really needs to make some kind of an explanation for what has happened to Caleb to change him.  I watched Ravenswood so I know why he has undergone this complete transformation, but why aren't the characters on the show saying "Boy, Caleb sure has changed" or something?  I have always loved him and Hanna together but his watching (and helping) her self destruct with booze just isn't the guy I knew and loved in earlier seasons.

Lastly, is this show kidding me with Toby enrolling in the Police Academy?  Did he even get his GED?  Has this show forgotten the flashbacks to him sitting in Juvie with the dew rag of doom on his head?  How about the fact that the criminal justice system thinks he blinded his sister?  I can't remember, but did the fact that he was having sex with his step sister ever come out?  I want to think it did and she claimed he was forcing her so lets add sexual predator to his list of qualifications.  Sheesh!

• Love 5

When Rhonda said that "some rich lady was taking her [bethany] to the circus", my first thought was Mrs Fitzgerald.  I mean Aria jumping straight to the conclusion that it was Mrs Dilaurentis seems like a red herring to me.  The Dilaurentis' do seem well off but they don't scream "rich" like the Fitzgerald family.  Bring back Mrs Fitz and making her shady as all hell would be a great move, especially if it implicates Ezra at the same time.

Also, lol at Emily having a fear of horses.  Knife Murderers trying to kill you in a lighthouse?  No drama, stab that asshole first.  Black Hooded creepers trying to murder your girl?  Come at me bro.  A horse standing calmly under the control of a trainer?  Fuck that shit, let's get out of here.

• Love 11
(edited)

"Smells like manure?"

"Yah.  What is that?"

"Manure."

Heh.

I hate the character assassination of Zach.  He never showed this propensity before he and Piper moved to Austria, so it just seemed so out of the blue.  And it's been done to death on this show: Ian, Wren, Garrett, Wilden, etc.  They might try to excuse it as pre-wedding cold feet, but still, gross.  I really wish Hanna had kept the card he gave her and shown it to Aria.  "I'm not making it up, he gave me his phone number".

Bethany threw a bucket at Mrs. D for wanting to be called "Auntie Jessica".  So 1) actually her daughter and the Twin Theory is reality or 2) actually aunt-niece, which probably means the Twin Theory applies to Jessica having a twin.  Regardless, it looks like they're going to say Bethany clocked Alison and Mrs. D buried her to protect Bethany.  Which would make Alison's near-death and burial unrelated to the A shenanigans that led up to Ali's disappearance.  Bethany = Cousin Nate

That commercial intersplicing Mona and her army with scenes from Guardians of the Galaxy was weird and off-putting.  But I'm still going to see the movie.

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 3
(edited)

If you are going to mention Noel Kahn. At least put him in the damn show so I can look at him, PLL! That was such a rip-off. 

Also don't people still think Toby raped/forced himself on Jenna and set the fire that blinded her. Didn't he spend a year in Juvie? How on earth could he get accepted to police academy? 

Edited by ban1o

I still can't blame Ali completely. She's manipulative and strategic and she doesn't care who she hurts if it's necessary to save her own skin. But she also has a reason to be that way. Which people forget.

But she's not the only one to have bad things happen to her, so this poor Ali stuff rings false especially since I'm sick of her victim schtick.

She's dragging the other Liars down, piling on more lies while they continue to suffer for it and she gets to hide behind them with preferential treatment, the way she staged the Noel A in the house.

Regardless, it looks like they're going to say Bethany clocked Alison and Mrs. D buried her to protect Bethany. Which would make Alison's near-death and burial unrelated to the A shenanigans that led up to Ali's disappearance. Bethany = Cousin Nate

So help me God if this turns out to be a red herring/cousin Nate sub plot I am done with this show. So then the only mystery left of the show would be the identity of Black Veil which I'm sure season 82 will reveal that its Ali trying out a new look.

(edited)

Nobody knows about Jenna raping Toby, that's why Ali had the upper hand, because she had a video of it and Jenna was desperate to keep it under wraps. It still hasn't seen the light of day.

PS: Jenna is Toby's STEP-sister, not half. Makes it much less gross, especially since they had only been steps for a couple years. Doesn't negate the rape but the incest? Meh.

Edited by kariyaki

The Zach storyline is lifted from the books, but Ella's boyfriend hits on Aria and not Hanna.  However, I'm sure that's what's happening here. I wonder if Zach is a recovering alcoholic and all of this "vibe" talk is because the writers want to misdirect us when all he wants is to help Hanna get to AA.

Or maybe I'm just hoping for a storyline that does not involve a pedophile. 

This episode made me really uncomfortable because I love Hanna so much. The show's always been good about hinting at her previous problems with alcohol. During the first season her flask popped up frequently. So this downward spiral with drinking isn't all that unexpected. Still, something feels off with it. Maybe it's the Caleb factor. Once upon a time, they balanced each other out and I think kept each other out of the darkness, if you will. That was what made them so great. Now they suck as a couple. It would've been nice to see them help one another heal instead. 

I loved Ali's manipulation. It revealed to the girls that they 100% cannot trust her. I still don't understand why they haven't said "Tell us exactly what happened or we won't lie for you anymore and we'll tell everyone you killed Shana." That's a lie the cops would actually believe.  They need to start playing some of Ali's games instead of being scared sheep around her. 

Aria needs to go away. 

Good on Emily for catching Sydney's NYC slip up. I hope she tells the other girls and they get their sleuth on.

• Love 6

Although I enjoyed the episode I am still not happy that Ali has returned. I don't care how damaged she is, going behind Hanna's back to sniffle at Ashley in order to crash at the Marin house was bad enough...asking Noel Kahn to scare Ashley by breaking into the house in order to get her on Ali's side is beyond low. And Spencer and Emily may have looked shocked and a little disgusted when Ali admitted it to them but come on, Spencer will be too wrapped up in her family's implosion and having Toby dilute her past awesomeness with his mere presence and Emily will continue to allow Ali to do what she wants because well, she's Ali.

Personally, I was glad to see Alison be something other than a scared victim, but they managed to make Alison look like the worst possible person.  Wasn't there a way to show Alison starting to return to her old habits other than her taking advantage of Ashley's caring nature.  Couldn't Alison try to blackmail Zach for harassing Hanna.  It would be perfect.  Alison would be manipulative again, she could use it as an opportunity to make up for everything she did to Hanna, she could have gotten some cash out of the deal, and it would have brought the Liars together, instead of pushing them apart.  The best part is they wouldn't have retconned Alison into being a nice person, but she would still be a character we could root for, all be it in a more antihero kind of way.  Not to mention it would give the writers more options later on.  Instead we are going to end up with Alison be straight evil or having a weird "No really I had no other chose/I was trying to help you guys" reveal later on.