Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Blood in the Water

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, HouseofBeck said:

I was laughing at Eddie opting out of trying to wrangle drunk’n’feral Rachel off that stage. Dealing with drunk people is no fun even when they’re not feral, and he has no love for her at all. I have never understood the whole “let’s get wasted!” prideful tribe, but I also forget how young some of these people are and the lifestyle they’re embracing. 

I think he also didn't want to get in a situation where Rachel might get angry and physical with him. Avoiding a possible violent altercation was definitely the smart way to go. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Jsage said:

I think he also didn't want to get in a situation where Rachel might get angry and physical with him. Avoiding a possible violent altercation was definitely the smart way to go. 

I totally agree with this. He's not afraid to rein in a drunk male that's being an asshole (Dane), but Rachel is a whole different situation.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

I am liking Eddie more each episode,  his goat call was hilarious.  He handled the situation with Elizabeth and James much more tactfully than Francesca was planning to do.  Yes,  Elizabeth is frustrating, she rarely does her job fast or correctly,  but there are steps to addressing issues. Don't immediately run to Captain Lee crying.  

The new guy,  Dave? So strange...... 😳

I also am impressed with the strides that Eddie has taken. Just like night and day from his previous stints a few years ago. He has become a very competent and professional manager.

New guy is Rob. I have worked with a lot of geologists during my career, and many of them are......strange. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Rachel is extremely volatile. I wouldn't want to try to get her off the stage either. What is with her hard on for Elizabeth? She is taking a very close interest in with whom Elizabeth sleeps. 

I find her choice of clothing a refreshing change of pace. She's not dressing to impress anyone and linen is a very comfortable choice for the tropics. Sure it wrinkles but...linen wrinkles. I think it's perfectly appropriate.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I happen to absolutely LOVE conch fritters and I used to buy them from a Jamaican street vendor in S. Miami in the late 1970’s. He said it was a family recipe. They were like a delicate flat golden  grilled omelette, perfectly spiced and incredibly delicious with copious hunks of fish that burst with flavor. They cost a dollar and one was enough for lunch.  I can still taste their perfection to this day. Damn, now I’m hungry.

Damn, now I'm hungry too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I don’t know how many episodes left but I’m wondering if she may still get fired after the bandstand incident? As Eddie said “don’t disrespect the boat or yourself”  thing.

When she drinks it’s like this troll living inside her emerges. The voice changes and obnoxious sets it. Creepy as all hell.

Wonder what her boyfriend is thinking!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MartyQui said:

Pretty sure that every time we see a label it's a paid sponsorship (Whispering Angel, anyone?).  So if Carib wouldn't cough up the bucks, no free promos for them.

Makes sense.  

4 hours ago, luvthepros said:
14 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

When she drinks it’s like this troll living inside her emerges. The voice changes and obnoxious sets it. Creepy as all hell.

Wonder what her boyfriend is thinking!

He's thinking that if they ever get married he's going to suggest separate bedrooms so he can invest in a high end deadbolt system for his side.

open-close-door.gif.94cbc1bb0e477acb6bbf1049c88066de.gif

• LOL 5
On 1/11/2021 at 7:42 PM, humbleopinion said:

The conch fritters looked burned...

I think it was intentional, flour takes on a different flavour when it’s deeply browned, you see it some bakers breads too, especially rustic types

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

There's a game Elizabeth is playing, even if she doesn't realize it. Francesca tells her to go take a short break to rest her feet. Elizabeth says "no no, I'm fine, I want to keep working." A few minutes later there she is with her feet up, gabbing with the guys. It's like she wants to show Francesca she's working hard, but doesn't REALLY want to work hard. Francesca was right-- if you're going to take a break, tell me you're doing it, don't try to have it both ways.

And what is this thing about horseback riding on the beach? Bucket list? Really?

• Love 16
15 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Pretend they all work at a firm.  You share an office with James. Would you want him having sex, by your desk

Pretend you're George Costanza and you had sex on your desk with the cleaning lady.

was-that-wrong-should-i-not-have-done-that.jpg

• LOL 13
20 hours ago, aghst said:

No doubt the Caribbean is scenic but I'm missing them setting up picnic lunches at castles and such.

Me too.  I wonder if some of the normal stuff was shut down because of covid.  When James and Elizabeth went for drinks the place looked empty and sad.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Me too.  I wonder if some of the normal stuff was shut down because of covid.  When James and Elizabeth went for drinks the place looked empty and sad.  

They had a nice dinner together. The restaurant looked very nice. Good going James. I also noticed it looked vacant.

43 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

They had a nice dinner together. The restaurant looked very nice. Good going James. I also noticed it looked vacant.

Could have just been an off time of day, or it could be that they cleared a space for filming and kept it free of customers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Elizabeth seems to be her own worst enemy. She worked pretty hard one day. Her feet were sore and she mentions it. Francesca maybe in a (complementary olive branch moment) says: "take a break, put your feet up."

"OH NO I'm toughing it out" Elizabeth replies (paraphrasing).

Then she does it anyway! Later she says: "just don't fire me"

I can't figure her out. Does she like the money? Does she like being on TV? Is she just not getting the work ethic on a boat? What is it? :)

• Love 11
5 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Elizabeth seems to be her own worst enemy. She worked pretty hard one day. Her feet were sore and she mentions it. Francesca maybe in a (complementary olive branch moment) says: "take a break, put your feet up."

"OH NO I'm toughing it out" Elizabeth replies (paraphrasing).

Then she does it anyway! Later she says: "just don't fire me"

I can't figure her out. Does she like the money? Does she like being on TV? Is she just not getting the work ethic on a boat? What is it? 🙂

Probably TV.  However, I have found that there are some people who just lack self-awareness and who don't seem to think in a logical way.  I had a roommate like that once.  She was nice but a lot of things she did just didn't make sense.

• Love 6

I am a week late here on posting about this episode, but I really found it cathartic when Captain Lee kicked Delores off the boat. 

In fact it was the emotional venting needed on so many ugly American entitled obnoxious tourists on these many Below Deck seasons.

Hubby and I watched the Delores exit twice, it was so good. 

Her remark, upon learning of her impending boat exit summed it up: ".....but I paid for it. "

Translation: Money entitles me to be an asshole. 

• Love 4

Why did Lee make everyone ruin their sleep patterns to take turns doing 1-hour watches over Delores? Wouldn't it make more sense to have one person do it, like anchor watch? That all seemed just a bit dramatic to me. Also, I get why he was pissed at her, but his reaction seemed way over the top. I think his cowboy boots were too tight.

• Love 2

On 1/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, TVWOPrefuge said:

Rachel’s top looked like one from the previous end of charter outing.  I can’t help but wonder if she is at a stage in life where she is conscious of sun damage. 

My money is on covering up drunken bad decision tattoos that a bathing suit would show.

On 1/12/2021 at 5:49 AM, humbleopinion said:

Eddie brought up his unfortunate sexy times with Rocky and we get the cringey clip of her rubbing her own ass in her mermaid tail...ugh.
I like the older but wiser Eddie....next Captain Lee in the making....

Ugh, I thought after five years I'd be safe from any more of that psycho flirting and Woody Woodpecker-laughing her way across my TV screen. Eddie does seem to have shaped up in the intervening years, at least.

I think Delores better be damn glad there were cameras on her when she made her second dive off a boat. She was just begging to be Natalie Wooded.

• Love 1