Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Don't Come For Me Unless I've Invited You

• Start Topic

After nearly spoiling Cynthia's proposal last year, Kenya seeks redemption with a surprise engagement dinner. Kenya uses the opportunity to confront Porsha about being uninvited to her party and Kandi sends her daughter, Riley, off to New York University.

Airdate: 01.10.2021

• Useful 1

Alright, so this two hour block on my guide / DVR for RHOA and full hour of that is for WWHL & that chat show? Some bullshit, right there.

As soon as Cynthia and Mike talked about meeting Biden, you knew that was gonna turn out bad...

Edited by lyric
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I’m here in Metro Atlanta and just started to watch. These women running around with just useless visors that they only put on when they absolutely have to really do reflect the carelessness of so many in the metro Atlanta area.

My Woman’s Club had our annual banquet on Wednesday and the only reason I went was because I knew everyone was required to wear a mask and socially distance. One woman comes in with a visor that she isn’t even wearing that wouldn’t actually cover her nose yet alone her mouth and said to me, I won’t come near you because I know you’re high risk. At the same time, we had a club member who is 77 going around everywhere in the ICU with COVID. It really only takes one idiot to infect a lot of others.

I know this tangential but man it is annoying. I have to have a fusion of my entire lower spine to stabilize my spine - took months and physical therapy to finally get an MRI (this should have all happened early last year to get this diagnosis - it will be my 10th orthopedic surgery in 11 years). So Monday, the surgeons office said the scheduling coordinator would call within 3 days (no word from them yet and pre COVID their response time was amazing).
I heard in confidence that hospitals were asked to delay surgeries for a few weeks because of huge increase in COVID hospitalizations.

So thank you RHOA - you’re a stellar example of understanding transmission and of protecting others.

• Love 7

So Kenya has to have a stealth party so people will show up? That’s awful, sad and very funny at the same time.

Kenya is just an awful human being. We all come from different childhood and other experiences. The thing is, after you’ve been an adult for over 30 years you can make a decision to still be a nasty human being or delve down and do the painful journey to overcoming and making yourself a better human being that others actually want to be around.

• Love 16

Cynthia is lucky her new hubby’s last name is Hill, because if it was something like Mendebaum, Bottoms, or Fitzpatrick it would have been hard to find a cute simple # - because, I was want to Cbottoms doesn’t flow so well.

What makes me think that Kenya hosted this “party” just to get asked to be a bridesmaid.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Kenya just doesn't have it in her to be a nice person. EVER. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

I feel soo sorry for her daughter! Poor kid.  Maybe Marc ought to fight for custody, just so Brooklyn has a CHANCE at turning out semi-normal.  If she's stuck with Kenya for her whole life.....  OY.

• Love 10

I’m pretty sure Kenya is using the whole lesbian attraction thing with Latoya as a storyline. It just seems so forced and fake.

Kenya is so miserable. Pretty bad she can’t throw the party herself because lots of ppl wouldn’t come.

Lol Cynthia was disappointed she wasn’t meeting Biden.

I can’t believe some of them were so late. Kenya should’ve told them a way earlier time so they weren’t late. 

The party seemed like a disaster. Seemed like too big of a room and Kenya and her speech and then weird singing thing she was doing was embarrassing lol.

Chill needs to be retired forever lol. It’s a lame hashtag.

I laughed at Todd watching basketball lol. Him and Mike seemed like they wanted to get out of there.

Poor little Ace. He’s so cute. His little bow tie.

Meh to Riley. That seems mean but shes a jerky brat in my eyes. I do feel for Kandi tho.

No Ralph and Drew? Awesome.

Overall kind of boring.

• Love 14

The venue & decor at the party was gorgeous. I adored the all white theme, but it should have stopped at the food. I like cauliflower & pasta & cheesecake as much as the next person, but come on now. Imma need the chef to worry more about the flavor profile & less about the color. The engagement party was nice, but it lacked some of the warmth of Porsha's celebration; I'm not sure why. 

Um, why did ole girl feel the need to show Kenya's nekkid booty picture around the dinner table? The looks on everyone's faces were priceless. 

I also enjoyed listening to Porsha's conversation w/ Lauren & sexy grandma Diane. More sexy grandma, more Marlo, less newbies please.

I hope Riley matures & finds some humility while she's away at school. Soon. I mean, the girl acted like she didn't know how to use a sponge to wipe down the bathroom!? That's nasty. & That's Kandi's fault.

• Love 14

Ace is soooo cute...he remind me of

image.thumb.jpeg.4d33dfac8b95aefcfad1051c53b92f14.jpeg

4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The venue & decor at the party was gorgeous. I adored the all white theme, but it should have stopped at the food. I like cauliflower & pasta & cheesecake as much as the next person, but come on now. Imma need the chef to worry more about the flavor profile & less about the color. The engagement party was nice, but it lacked some of the warmth of Porsha's celebration; I'm not sure why. 

Um, why did ole girl feel the need to show Kenya's nekkid booty picture around the dinner table? The looks on everyone's faces were priceless. 

I also enjoyed listening to Porsha's conversation w/ Lauren & sexy grandma Diane. More sexy grandma, more Marlo, less newbies please.

I hope Riley matures & finds some humility while she's away at school. Soon. I mean, the girl acted like she didn't know how to use a sponge to wipe down the bathroom!? That's nasty. & That's Kandi's fault.

It was because Porsha’s conversation was very real and raw. She want’s Pilar to have a father figure but knows it is not healthy to stay in a relationship where a man disrespects her.

I give Porsha’s mom (who is still so pretty) credit for not holding any bitterness against Lauren and her Mother. It is very mature to understand  it is the man who wronged you and not the other woman, and the children are innocent parties to it all.

Compare this to Kenya’s fake “I swing both ways storyline”.

Kenya’s party was a lot like her...lovely to look at but cold and empty on the inside.

The sad thing is her and Porsha’s could have bonded in being unexpected single mothers. They both started their pregnancies with men who are no longer there.

This season has been more boring than one of Kenya’s parties. It is making me miss Potomac and nothing happened on that show besides a fight that was already played out before the season began.

• Love 16

The party seemed like a disaster. Seemed like too big of a room and Kenya and her speech and then weird singing thing she was doing was embarrassing lol.

I had the same thought. Kenya would've been better off reserving a private room at a restaurant. This event space was too big; especially since it wasn't a large group.

I didn't expect it to be anything less than a disaster because the women in this group have 0 concept of time. I think the only one who was on time was Tanya.

The best part of the episode was Ace. He's so sweet. I hope he doesn't lose that as he matures.

6 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I sincerely hope that Kenya, LaToya and Cynthia bought all of that lingerie they tried on that went up their ass cracks.  It would be so unsanitary if they didn’t.

Ugh, I had the same thought. I want to say that they did, but I was also surprised that they were allowed to try on underwear. Usually at lingerie shops, it's bras only.

• Love 4

The looks everyone gave when LaToya pulled out Kenya's nude pic:

tenor.gif?itemid=5904913

And Todd finding out he's a part of the Lesbian Exploration Package Deal:

200.gif

Those were the best parts of the episode. And I don't know what was happening during the Riley montage....I think it got a little dusty in my living room. I love seeing the kids all grown up and starting their lives. It's a shame that Ace can clean better than she can though. I was laughing so hard when Ace said he had to go to NYU with Riley because she doesn't know how to clean and didn't even bring any gloves. Lol! Such a cute kid. I can't wait to see him in his upcoming acting jobs.

I must say, the 3 ladies looked amazing in their lingerie. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Marley said:

I’m pretty sure Kenya is using the whole lesbian attraction thing with Latoya as a storyline. It just seems so forced and fake.

Kenya is so miserable. Pretty bad she can’t throw the party herself because lots of ppl wouldn’t come.

Lol Cynthia was disappointed she wasn’t meeting Biden.

I can’t believe some of them were so late. Kenya should’ve told them a way earlier time so they weren’t late. 

Chill needs to be retired forever lol. It’s a lame hashtag.

I laughed at Todd watching basketball lol. Him and Mike seemed like they wanted to get out of there.

Poor little Ace. He’s so cute. His little bow tie.

Meh to Riley. That seems mean but shes a jerky brat in my eyes. I do feel for Kandi tho.

No Ralph and Drew? Awesome.

Overall kind of boring.

My guess is that many more people were invited and they expected a larger turn out. Word got out that this was actually a Kenya party and not a Kandi party (at least to those not on the show) and people dropped out like flies.

They did not even have production people fill out the venue, as they often do for these type of events. Heck, it looked like Mike and Todd were the only two menfolk there...and both of them would rather be home watching the game.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I had the same thought. Kenya would've been better off reserving a private room at a restaurant. This event space was too big; especially since it wasn't a large group.

My guess is because of Covid no restaurant wants extra people in their restaurant (camera men, production people, security, etc...) although I am sure Bravo would have made a financial arrangement...also, let's not forget that a lot of the HW's dinners, they can disolve in to a violent, food throwing, dish breaking shit show at the drop of a hat, some restaurants might not want that.

Ace is adorable, he worried she did not pack gloves for cleaning 😞. Let's be real here, I bet Kandi will send a cleaning crew in to that dorm weekly.

Show of hands from those who think the nudie pic Kanya sent was photo shopped, her stomach is not that flat.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

So Kenya has to have a stealth party so people will show up? That’s awful, sad and very funny at the same time.

Kenya is just an awful human being. We all come from different childhood and other experiences. The thing is, after you’ve been an adult for over 30 years you can make a decision to still be a nasty human being or delve down and do the painful journey to overcoming and making yourself a better human being that others actually want to be around.

Leave it to Cynthia to be conned enough to ask her to be a bridesmaid, giving Kenya another chance to ruin her big day.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou 

angelou.jpg

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 11

The sad thing is her and Porsha’s could have bonded in being unexpected single mothers. They both started their pregnancies with men who are no longer there.

Please.  The clock was ticking.  The relationship was over with the first EPT purchase.  Phaedra, Kenya, Lauren, Porsha and Bethenny .... were just looking for a baby daddy with good genes.  Phaedra just stuck it out so she could have two kids instead of one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Please.  The clock was ticking.  The relationship was over with the first EPT purchase.  Phaedra, Kenya, Lauren, Porsha and Bethenny .... were just looking for a baby daddy with good genes.  Phaedra just stuck it out so she could have two kids instead of one.

Porsha acting out how she fell for Dennis cracked me up!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I didn't expect it to be anything less than a disaster because the women in this group have 0 concept of time. I think the only one who was on time was Tanya.

The best part of the episode was Ace. He's so sweet. I hope he doesn't lose that as he matures.

Ugh, I had the same thought. I want to say that they did, but I was also surprised that they were allowed to try on underwear. Usually at lingerie shops, it's bras only.

Haven’t been able to try on clothes in stores for months where I live. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

So thank you RHOA - you’re a stellar example of understanding transmission and of protecting others.

This was so distracting for me I couldn't really enjoy the show, with the exception of the scenes of household only conversations like Porsha and her family and Kandi and her family.    My state has had a pretty strict mask mandate since July and gatherings with people outside your household greatly discouraged.  

These women with their fake face shields and then hugging each other on top of that, attending parties and trying on clothes was like another world or time to me. 

And speaking of parties how dumb is Cynthia et al to think JOE BIDEN would be attending an INDOOR PARTY, that they were invited to no less.   Even if this was happening in the Before Times the only way you get to meet a presidential candidate in that kind of setting is by writing a big check to attend a fundraising party, generally in someone's huge home.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Haven’t been able to try on clothes in stores for months where I live. 

I know!

How could Cynthia and Mike be stupid enough to think that Biden had time, weeks before the election of his life, to attend some stupid white party event with a bunch of reality tv people.  Plus there's that whole security clearance thing. 

Bye, Riley. You're in for a shock in NYC, unless you can find some like-minded entitled brats like you to hang with. She's very, very annoying. Thinks she's being witty, but she's just rude.

Glad there was very little of Ralph and his gas-lit twit of a wife.

Kenya is a thirsty bird and I cannot muster up an ounce of sympathy for her because her character/personality is so vile. 

The Porsha/Lauren scene was good. I felt a bit sad for her re: her response to the father kissing Lauren on the forehead each morning before leaving for work. I was watching an old episode on Bravo yesterday, and OMG, how Porsha has grown!

• Love 15
4 hours ago, politichick said:

You're in for a shock in NYC, unless you can find some like-minded entitled brats like you to hang with.

She's going to one of the most expensive schools in the country....of course she will. That said, how is Riley any different than any of the other kids who've been featured on this franchise EXCEPT she's actually finished school and her mom is actually wealthy. I mean Kandi knows how to clean because she grew up working class Riley grew up very privileged...she's essentially the blueprint for Beyonce's kids (haha I made a hip hop funny).  She should know as much about cooking and cleaning as the Hadid sisters.

I think she's snarky on camera cuz she doesn't want to be there and is as jerky as possible so Kandi will stop asking.

Edited by Adgirl
  • Love 7

You're in for a shock in NYC, unless you can find some like-minded entitled brats like you to hang with.

She won't last a semester.  NYU is filled with aspiring actors, Broadway stars and children of Wall Street financiers. Riley will be back in Atlanta for good by the end of the school year, just like the Rinna girls. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

She won't last a semester.  NYU is filled with aspiring actors, Broadway stars and children of Wall Street financiers. Riley will be back in Atlanta for good by the end of the school year, just like the Rinna girls. 

I hope not. Riley seems smart but lazy around the house. The Rinna girls appeared both dumb and lazy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Doesn't she know it would have been a fund raiser if he appeared?  Not just go to a D list celebrity party.

Hey, remember that fund-raising party where somebody made a pledge and never paid up?  I wish I could remember what franchise it was .... I thought it was Atlanta.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

NYU is filled with aspiring actors, Broadway stars and children of Wall Street financiers.

Why would these people be any more equipped than Riley to clean a kitchen or bathroom?

23 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Riley seems smart but lazy around the house.

As if Kandi is cleaning bathrooms and kitchens in that house. Riley is no different than any rich kid. It's just rare to see that represented in Black.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Hey, remember that fund-raising party where somebody made a pledge and never paid up?  I wish I could remember what franchise it was .... I thought it was Atlanta.

I'm mortified that I know this but I can think of two examples.   Years ago Nene challenged Kenya to donate a bunch of money (10 or 20K) to Detroit schools and said she would do the same.    Supposedly Kenya coughed up the cash but Nene didn't.  I remember it coming up on a reunion show.    Of course Kenya made a big deal out of it too.  

More recently on RHOBH Kyle hosted a fundraiser for a childrens hospital and the story she told was Garcelle pledged 5K but never paid it at the end of the night.   This also came up on a reunion show. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm mortified that I know this but I can think of two examples.   Years ago Nene challenged Kenya to donate a bunch of money (10 or 20K) to Detroit schools and said she would do the same.    Supposedly Kenya coughed up the cash but Nene didn't.  I remember it coming up on a reunion show.    Of course Kenya made a big deal out of it too.  

More recently on RHOBH Kyle hosted a fundraiser for a childrens hospital and the story she told was Garcelle pledged 5K but never paid it at the end of the night.   This also came up on a reunion show. 

I am also mortified by my knowledge, but I immediately thought of Nene and Kenya and the donation to Detroit schools - which to this day I don’t think Nene ever made good on. If she had, she would have posted it everywhere.

Forgot about the donation promised from Garcelle - Kyle did not bring it up until the reunion because IMO she cared more about making Garcelle look bad than about the charity itself. Unlike Nene, Garcelle, once she was made aware, she did make good on her pledge (whether for being publicly shamed or from lack of awareness), she did correct the situation.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, politichick said:

How could Cynthia and Mike be stupid enough to think that Biden had time, weeks before the election of his life, to attend some stupid white party event with a bunch of reality tv people.  Plus there's that whole security clearance thing. 

Ha, I had the same thought. I didn't know whether to side eye her or be amused that she actually believed Biden was going to this thing. Of all the ruses to get everyone there on time, and only a few showed up on time, that's what Kandi chose? 

Security would've been out the wazoo, Cynthia. 

It wasn't odd to me that Riley didn't know how to clean. She grew up in the lap of luxury, so while it would've been nice to see her doing chores, Kandi clearly has a cleaning staff for that house. I'm more annoyed at Riley's attitude than her not knowing how to grab some rags and a multipurpose cleaner.

• Love 8
On 1/8/2021 at 8:33 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 01.10.2021

I am not going to make it through this season, this is really boring.. Bring back the OG'S please!  Phaedra, Nene, Sheree, Lisa Wu, Deshawn Snow. At least they had more flavor. I am not a big Nene fan , but she did have presence. 

• Love 3

Eh, Riley will be okay.   I grew up with two working parents (not wealthy, just busy) and a weekly cleaning woman.   I could make my bed and do my own laundry but when I went to college (decades ago) I lived in a dorm with a janitor that did common areas including bathrooms.   It wasn't until my first apartment with three other girls that I started cleaning my own house.  

And seriously, one of the toughest part of the spring lockdown was losing my once a week cleaning lady.     I HATE vacuuming and mopping and scrubbing showers lol.    😉 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t like Riley because on her bday she asked ppl on ig for money. It was gross. She also thinks she’s funny but she’s not.

Providing your cash app for gifts/donations is fairly common for her age group.  Although Thats not for me all I can do is 🤷🏾‍♀️   She’s only 18, But she seems to have a good head on her shoulders.   She doesn’t seem to want to be a reality star as her career.   

Ace in the talking heads was the cutest.  

• Love 1
Just now, After7Only said:

Providing your cash app for gifts/donations is fairly common for her age group.  Although Thats not for me all I can do is 🤷🏾‍♀️   She’s only 18, But she seems to have a good head on her shoulders.   She doesn’t seem to want to be a reality star as her career.   

Ace in the talking heads was the cutest.  

The money was for her so that’s pretty pathetic. Asking random ppl on ig for money when your mom is a millionaire is gross and not normal.

• Love 13

The money was for her so that’s pretty pathetic. Asking random ppl on ig for money when your mom is a millionaire is gross and not normal.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:03 AM, nexxie said:

Leave it to Cynthia to be conned enough to ask her to be a bridesmaid, giving Kenya another chance to ruin her big day.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou 

angelou.jpg

Love this picture of Maya !

It appeared staged to me, Todd wanting to be seen handing her a wad of cash. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Ha, I had the same thought. I didn't know whether to side eye her or be amused that she actually believed Biden was going to this thing. Of all the ruses to get everyone there on time, and only a few showed up on time, that's what Kandi chose? 

Security would've been out the wazoo, Cynthia. 

It wasn't odd to me that Riley didn't know how to clean. She grew up in the lap of luxury, so while it would've been nice to see her doing chores, Kandi clearly has a cleaning staff for that house. I'm more annoyed at Riley's attitude than her not knowing how to grab some rags and a multipurpose cleaner.

Riley has her fathers personality and his body mass, she's not petite like Kandi , she is her fathers child. She even looks him.  Riley was the only child forever and she is clearly spoiled, I  understand,  because Kandi over compensated to make up for Brock's absence in Riley's life. Riley is a nice smart young lady  , her attitude will improve as she matures.  I believe she will make a great tough attorney . However because of Covid and being quarantined,  they all had to clean a lot, but a cleaning staff is necessary for that large home , no way she can do that on her own. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
On 1/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, luckyroll3 said:

And Todd finding out he's a part of the Lesbian Exploration Package Deal:

Him raising the roof without even raising his head from the basketball game on his phone cracked me up.  Ace worrying about Riley's gloves cracked me up, and Kandi taking him seriously and then cracking up when he went to go get gloves cracked me up.  Riley's 17 in this footage.  She's sometimes bratty, but she was also very sweet to her younger siblings.  She was even the one who suggested taking a group photo.  Good look for the Old Kandi Gang.

Also, whoooooo da fuq does Porsha think she is??  I really want to go back and watch her first season.  I'm sure we all do better out from under a Thumb, but her growth has astonished me.  She has become a serious person, while also being a complete goofball.  She has turned into an extremely likeable and relatable person, and I find myself truly rooting for her.  I was cackling when she was describing Dennis's attributes and how it made her legs go in the air.  Dead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 1/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, byrd said:

I am not going to make it through this season, this is really boring.. Bring back the OG'S please!  Phaedra, Nene, Sheree, Lisa Wu, Deshawn Snow. At least they had more flavor. I am not a big Nene fan , but she did have presence. 

Yes yes yes