Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Hip Hop and Heartbreak

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Are any of these people on the show practicing Mormons? Because it seems to me that they flaunt breaking the rules of the Mormon Church regularly.  I know all of them aren't Mormon but I thought some were. When Mary was ticking off all the homes that she owns I was thinking that they are most likely titled in the name of the church. I have watched very little of this show but Bravo is scraping the bottom of the barrel here. But I love the outdoor scenery. This is the only thing making this show worth watching.  

Mary is Pentecostal not Mormon Jen is Muslim ... I think the rest are but vary in their depth with the Religion... I think out of the rest Heather expects to be excommunicated when the rest of the show airs she said 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Mary is Pentecostal not Mormon Jen is Muslim ... I think the rest are but vary in their depth with the Religion... I think out of the rest Heather expects to be excommunicated when the rest of the show airs she said 

I'm pretty sure Meredith and Seth are Jewish, and I *think* Lisa was the one, in the season opener, who said she was originally culturally Jewish but not particularly religious until the Mormons knocked on the door and her mother converted the family to Mormonism. Jen used to be Mormon before she conversed to Islam upon her relationship with her husband.

I kind of go the other way--I'm tired of all the Mormon talk.  Like, if you're THAT hung up on not being accepted by a group of people that you define as bigoted (ahem, Heather, I'm looking at you), go get some therapy to let go of that shit.  There is zero shame in needing help to get over stuff that was ingrained in you since birth, but don't wallow--find assistance.  Surely with all that Howard Hughes inheritance money and the $20M spa money, she can afford it.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

I kind of go the other way--I'm tired of all the Mormon talk.  Like, if you're THAT hung up on not being accepted by a group of people that you define as bigoted (ahem, Heather, I'm looking at you), go get some therapy to let go of that shit.  There is zero shame in needing help to get over stuff that was ingrained in you since birth, but don't wallow--find assistance.  Surely with all that Howard Hughes inheritance money and the $20M spa money, she can afford it.

i think its easier said then done Religion can fuck a person up esp if they have been indoctrinated since birth ... its like getting out of a Cult ....

• Love 9

Yeah, I get that it is hard.  My escape from Catholicism was easy comparitively, though I still kind feel a twinge when I eat meat on a Friday in Lent. LOL  But Heather's shown no effort to do so.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she's trying off camera, as we all know filmed therapy sessions are total bogus shit.  Just maybe some lip-service to trying to find a therapist, an ex-Mormon community, or something to tamp down the historical voices of repression.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Lisa's white box of a house freaks me out.  There is nothing personal ANYWHERE!  I don't even think there was soap by the kitchen sink.  I'm hoping that it is a rental, otherwise living like that is insane.  Not that it needs to be as cluttered as Mary's high end hoarder situation, but a vase of flowers, a family photo, a piece of furniture with some color--something!--would help.

I may be crazy, but actually LOVE how sleek and fancy-minimal Lisa's house is.  It is my goal.  I feel like my house is more cluttered than I would like for it to be - not anything like Mary's! but I have personal stuff out.  And my furniture is more comfy than sleek.  Most of my friends have perfect mansions, and they are spotless, and Lisa's house reminds me of their homes.  My husband doesn't like that sterile look, so we are trying to figure out a compromise.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

if you're THAT hung up on not being accepted by a group of people that you define as bigoted (ahem, Heather, I'm looking at you), go get some therapy to let go of that shit.

This is where I come out on it 100%.  I’m also really confused about Heather’s (and, to an extent, Whitney’s) current religious status.  A few episodes ago, Heather and her daughter discussed whether they were going to go to church or sleep in.  If Heather is against something—if she thinks it is racist and anti-gay (a paraphrase of her words, not mine)—why is she continuing to support it?  That’s a really strange standard to set that no one is calling her out on—if I had kids, I wouldn’t bring them to a place that was bigoted, unless perhaps it was court-ordered and I would face jail if I didn’t do it (and I’d still probably not do it—I’d probably take my case to the media).  So how does Heather answer for that; I’d really like to know. 

As ex-Mormons, where do Heather and Whitney stand?  Are they agnostic?  Do they just not believe in God?  Do they just not think about it?  I think these are fair questions to ask with regard to a show that pans to a Mormon Church every half a dozen scenes and women who trash the Mormon Church like nobody’s business every flipping chance they get.  

And I’ve given up on trying to define “Mormon 2.0.”  It means, “we do whatever we like, but we are paying lip service to 4/5s of the population, so they don’t make our lives hell” as far as I’m concerned.  

The other thing I noticed is that in episode one, Jen said she was “converting” to Islam.  In my opinion, she’s never going to do it, because it would mean giving up drinking (I know that some Muslims drink anyway, but Coach Shah was adamant to Seth last episode that drinking is completely forbidden in Islam).  Jen’s religious stance reminds me a little of Heather Thomson from RHNYC—the husband was Jewish, the kids were Jewish, she followed all the Jewish traditions and used Yiddish words, but she wasn’t converting.  At least Heather was honest about it.  

There is nothing honest or authentic about these women.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I may be crazy, but actually LOVE how sleek and fancy-minimal Lisa's house is.  It is my goal.  I feel like my house is more cluttered than I would like for it to be - not anything like Mary's! but I have personal stuff out.  And my furniture is more comfy than sleek.  Most of my friends have perfect mansions, and they are spotless, and Lisa's house reminds me of their homes.  My husband doesn't like that sterile look, so we are trying to figure out a compromise.  

I get that, but man does Lisa’s little boy even have any toys?  Both the kids rooms are bare, too! And I thought her giant shiny black backsplash was a huge TV at first glance in the hot dog scene.  🙄

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I get that, but man does Lisa’s little boy even have any toys?  Both the kids rooms are bare, too! And I thought her giant shiny black backsplash was a huge TV at first glance in the hot dog scene.  🙄

I thought that too!  I was like, why have a tv over the stove??  that can't be good for the tv.  Then I realized it was backsplash.

You're right, there are no visible toys... HEAVEN!  🤣  I think my reaction is because I have 2 boys and they have so many nerf guns, Legos, hockey sticks etc laying around the house and I am starting to lose my mind.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I thought that too!  I was like, why have a tv over the stove??  that can't be good for the tv.  Then I realized it was backsplash.

You're right, there are no visible toys... HEAVEN!  🤣  I think my reaction is because I have 2 boys and they have so many nerf guns, Legos, hockey sticks etc laying around the house and I am starting to lose my mind.

I’m right there with ya.  Frickin LEGOS will be the death of me.  And on top of it all, my son is more into his Nintendo and phone now but still won’t let me donate all his toys because “I still play with that!”  Its a never ending battle to keep this house picked up because we are here ALL THE TIME anymore.  😫

• Love 5

Hey Brooksie- here’s an idea: MOVE OUT

Meredith looks like she’s melting from her mid face Botox line down.

Why does Whitney look like that in her talking heads?

Edited by rlc
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, rlc said:

Who does Whitney look like that in her talking heads?

Whitney is a beauty but whoever did her hair and makeup in her talking heads did her dirty. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, rlc said:

Who does Whitney look like that in her talking heads?

++++ !!!

Whitney looks horrendous in her talking heads.  While I love Heather, I suspect Whitney's taken advantage of one too many "Buy 1/Get 1" Botox specials.  Ick....the overarched non-moving eyebrows.  Guuurl, you were so much cuter with your little straight bob & your natural face.  

Meredith looks awful.  That monotone, one-word-at-a-time voice is so grating.  

And Brooks is honestly one of the worst RH cast members I've ever seen.  So affected, thinks he's the most special human.  Bet he always "won" a trophy.  Why don't we ever see Chloe?  Why so much focus on Brooks?

Why does Lisa always sound like she has laryngitis?  She's another one....oooooh, I'm so so so busy, I'm way busier than anyone else, who ever existed, ever.  Her boys seem awesome.  Hope they can get away & live their lives independently one day.

Why does Jen go from 0 to 1000, every single time?  It's your husband's birthday party.  People flew in.  Tell Whitney to butt the F out and go back to the party.  Whitney was drunk and I'm sure the producers pushed her to that stupid "confrontation".  Jen, be better than that.  Running out on your own party?  Make Whitney leave, and you go back and dance.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Why does Jen go from 0 to 1000, every single time?  

Mixing meds and alcohol is usually not recommended.  In my opinion this has a lot to do with her rage.  

2 hours ago, druzy said:

Whitney is a beauty but whoever did her hair and makeup in her talking heads did her dirty. 

I wonder if these confessionals were filmed after COVID.  Maybe she had to do her own hair and makeup?  She clearly made some modifications to her face that are VERY apparent.  

• Love 4

Whitney and her whining about the in-laws taking time to accept her reminds me of a relative in a similar situation. Their son met and dated their former DIL in high school, and married her after they graduated from college. She had been a part of their family for years, and they love her. She is also the mother of 2 of their grandchildren (I assume, as good Mormons, Justin has children with his ex, since that seems to be a marker of being successful in life/faith). My relatives LOVE this woman and made it clear to their son, that she is considered family and would be invited to family gatherings and yearly visits to DisneyWorld (in the Before Times). Like Justin, he married the other woman. I have no idea on mantle picture status though. 

She seemed to have no understanding or compassion for what Justin's (that is his name, right?) family went through. Can you imagine being blindsided that you're son, in his 40s, has betrayed the woman you have accepted as your own daughter (and their children, assuming they had some), for a pole dancing, squeaky voiced. bleach blonde that wants to get laid.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

She seemed to have no understanding or compassion for what Justin's (that is his name, right?) family went through. Can you imagine being blindsided that you're son, in his 40s, has betrayed the woman you have accepted as your own daughter (and their children, assuming they had some), for a pole dancing, squeaky voiced. bleach blonde that wants to get laid.

I guess that's an "other woman" quality - I know a guy who left wife and kids for another; he brought her to town to "meet the family" when they were gathering at grandpa's deathbed.  And she was pissed she wasn't welcome in the hospital!  Maybe they have to feel that way in order to not feel guilty about what they've done.

• Love 2

While Whitney’s friend Sara (of the maids and three husbands and confused birthday singing*) was gracing our tv screens Wednesday night, IRL she was in DC. 

I would say “eek... that didn’t age well!” except the producers had apparently already downgraded her from full-time HW status because she is a devout QAnoner. Maybe they should have just edited her out of the show all together. 

*I acknowledge I really dug the confused birthday performance when it aired and thought “why is this ‘Bambi-eyed bitch’ not a HW?!,” but now that I know the answer, I wish she’d never appeared on the show.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

for a pole dancing,

I laughed so hard when she claimed she won the “dance off.”  I was like none of that was dancing.  I saw Whitney doing some shimmies and then some hand stands (?) and then I saw Jen marching around the floor and doing the worm.  Maybe I expect too much from my dance offs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 1/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Jen with the hair and outfit you look like you have no neck 

These women are all miserable, gossiping a-holes. And horrible mothers. Money can’t buy class (ask Countess deLessips or whatever her name is) nor can it buy happiness.

Jen in the oversized red jacket with huge shoulder pads in her talking head:

6D57B306-19C6-4C87-AD9D-C248223EFB54.jpeg

Edited by GrammyPammy
Add
  • LOL 13

Mary's wig looked better this time. Why is she on the show? She's been on screen only to act as a catalyst for other HWs to interact, it appears to me. And while I find Jen loathsome, she is not wrong in describing Mary as coocoo for cocopuffs. She has crazy eyes. And for someone who has rooms full of clothes, her taste and style is wretched.

Jen also has terrible style. Who in their right mind would wear that silly "Beyonce" jacket other than Beyonce? The fat supply on her butt was very apparent to me and I don't even have HDTV. And her hip-hop dance battle was...sad...in the same way my fat old body does Zumba and my hip-hop aerobics classes. Difference: I am not on camera! I would have just laughed with her, not at her, if we weren't clearly expected to find her as fantastic as she finds herself. And I was a bit confused because I thought she had Coach drive her home early from his own party, but it was really the son, right? They were both wearing the same costume, excuse me, clothes. But if the party was a surprise, how did they know what they were wearing? I haven't seen much of Coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a great time after the psycho bitch left, and I hope he got to go to Popeye's for that shrimp po'boy.

I fast forward thru Brooksie's segments. I don't care about him and figure you guys will let me know what self-serving nonsense he's spewing.

I do like Lisa's assessments of the other HWs, but I think she is a terrible person who should never have had children. There is not one moment of affection or simple human emotion shown towards her sons. They are just another petty task to be managed, one that takes her attention away from her primary focus of making money. Sad, really.

I like Heather as a real person, but I don't need to hear about her former marriage every.single.episode.

Whitney is very pretty most of the time, but I must say I am irrationally focused on wondering if this time we will see her areola or nipple during her talking head. Whatever is holding that fabric on her tissue is doing a fantastic job. If I had HDTV would I see breast stretch marks?

I think that's all of them...except Meredith, and because she has ceded her screentime to her son, I don't watch any segment he's in and therefore also hers.

• Love 4
On 1/7/2021 at 9:23 AM, njbchlover said:

Looking at this, and while watching, I realized that the "venue" was a TopGolf franchise, and what you are describing is exactly correct.  TopGolf is a fun experience, and you can rent out the entire space for a private party, with food and drinks included, or you can just go there with a group or by yourself, and "rent" a bay or several bays (your designated play area) by the hour, or based on play.  The interiors of all TopGolf's buildings are the same - they have a bar, a large space for gathering that open to the golf bays that are furnished with tables and chairs, overlooking a large driving range sort of area.  From the driving range area and your bay, you can play target games or just practice your skills.  

The food is your basic pub grub, but is actually not too bad for a franchise-type establishment.  

TopGolf does offer all kinds of party packages - lots of guys go to TopGolf for birthday or bachelor celebrations.  It's a great combination of golf fun with some food and drinks and socializing mixed in.

I didn't get the whole golf/hip hop theme - I think Jen added the hip hop theme to the party so she could become a Beyonce-wannabe.  The whole party looked like a mess, and Jen and Whitney were both an embarassment.  

This show, and the women on it are just too "try-hard" for me - they are all very much trying to stake their claim in the RH world, and by trying so hard, it all comes off as inauthentic and fake.  I really don't like any of the women and find myself constantly distracted when I try to watch an entire episode.

And, because it cannot be said enough, Brooks Marks is the MOST ANNOYING RH spawn of any franchise ever.  I won't say he his the worst, because I think that RHOC Tamra's Ryan holds that crown in perpetuity, but Brooks is definitely an extremely annoying person.  

I recognized the venue immediately - when our project was going live in Phoenix last year, some of the team went for an evening out.  I didn't see at the end whether Top Golf took credit for the venue in the closing credits.  I'm sure anyone with any authority looked at this presentation and said nope to being associated with it.

Coach Shah's wife is an embarrassment and is in need of some significant therapy.  Whitney - I was yelling at the TV 'this is neither the time nor the place for such a confrontation!!!!'  - woke the cat up from her morning nap, for Heaven's sake (I was watching a recorded version of the show).

And I don't disagree with Brooks over his parents making illusions to their further activities that evening - no kid wants to know about it.  No kid.

Mary should be glad NOT to be associated with these harpies.  She's the better person for it, even with her flaws.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am still trying to figure out how Mary is not a "friend of". She is hardly on. 

I think they must have edited her out after the negative response by the viewers. I don't know who does the casting for RHSLC but they need to do their research. Mary will probably be the next housewife in trouble with the law. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, druzy said:

I think they must have edited her out after the negative response by the viewers. I don't know who does the casting for RHSLC but they need to do their research. Mary will probably be the next housewife in trouble with the law. 

I read that they fired her at some point during filming, after her met gala thing, which is why we don’t see her in group scenes. They shot some pickups, I think, after production changed hands and I guess brought her back.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

What is wrong with these people?
The party scenes are too dramatic (Jen) and slutty (Whitney)

Brooks wanted to film with mom and even dad. You can tell he enjoys being on camera and finds himself amusing.

So does Mary own all those businesses she mentioned? Did her grandma make all that money to fund other businesses from the church? I’m a bit confused.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Brooks wanted to film with mom and even dad. You can tell he enjoys being on camera and finds himself amusing.

Yes - but just because he wants it Bravo has to give it, including his own talking spots?  Who's running the show here?  He's the worst, but what I really hate is the way Meredith discusses everything with him as if he's her husband.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Yes - but just because he wants it Bravo has to give it, including his own talking spots?  Who's running the show here?  He's the worst, but what I really hate is the way Meredith discusses everything with him as if he's her husband.

And when he was talking to her about what she should wear to the party and ends with “do what you want” in this tone. Ugh, he IS the worst.

• Love 11

I love Coach Shah. I teared  up when he hugged the wife of his former coach and told her he loved her so much. That is some real shit ! Nice. Then Whitney took a giant shit on the party because her own husband doesn’t give her enough attention. Really bad Whit. Bad. 

Merideth and her husband are the neighbors from the Christmas vacation movie. WHY IS THE FLOOR ALL WET TODDD? I DONT  KNOW MARGO!

I think Brooks has some struggles and Meredith is his rock. I empathize with what may be going on here. I think it is dark. I hope he can get into a more diverse community and be happy and successful. 

Lisas kids are controlled, man Lisa is a lot.

Mary is Mary but her outfits are interesting and I love seeing them. 

• Love 4
On 1/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, Red Bridey said:

Whitney is very pretty most of the time, but I must say I am irrationally focused on wondering if this time we will see her areola or nipple during her talking head. Whatever is holding that fabric on her tissue is doing a fantastic job. If I had HDTV would I see breast stretch marks?

I think Whitney is one of the prettiest Real Housewives. But I don't like her talking head looks either. In the picture posted above, the heavy makeup does no favors to her naturally gorgeous face.

She also has a gorgeous figure and I totally get wanting to show it off. But yes, that talking head dress just seems like her whole boob could pop out at anytime. I want to pull the strap up for her. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2