Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Who's The Boss?

Drogo
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Inga said:

Um, no she ordered scallops. The waiter repeated her. And when the dish was brought out, we saw it, and the waiter said here are your scallops !

p.s. i know ur joking, i was just completely baffled by her ordering scallops, dammit!

I feel like she doesn't know what they are! I have known what they are for a long time (lol) but just ate them for the first time a week ago. Yummy.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, politichick said:

Hazel is not catholic. The family belongs to some sort of pentacostal type church as I recall, where people speak in tongues and the service goes on for hours and hours.

And I have a feeling that the local Pentecostal church isn't long on lots of preparations and classes and whatnot. Call me crazy. 

7 hours ago, toomuchtv said:

My anniversary is May 10th, the year we got married it was the day before Mother’s Day. The thought didn’t even cross our minds when planning and neither of our mothers brought it up. I’m not sure if it even occurred to me until our first anniversary was on Mother’s Day that year and we were trying to find a restaurant and they were all overrun with families celebrating. Now that I’m a mom of young kids our anniversary gets overlooked in favor of Mother’s Day. That could change when they grow up. 

I myself have no truck with Mother's Day, I just can't be bothered with it. But I found it telling that Betty knew EXACTLY when Mother's Day was. She must mark it on the calendar the instant she hangs the new one on the wall at New Year. "Mother's Day WEEKEND" in big red letters.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

So a few things:

While I loathe Yara, I have to agree with her that wearing shoes in the house is gross. She needs to buy Jovi a nice pair of house shoes. Share a little positive Middle/Eastern European culture. I do feel Jovi for defending NOLA streets. It’s really only parts of the French Quarter that reek of pee, etc. And it’s not locals pulling that. It’s the damn tourists who can’t behave.  Yara is such a spoiled fucking brat. There is so much fun stuff and cultural outlets in New Orleans. And so much of the actual city is walkable and lovely. There is plenty for her to do while Jovi is working. She should spend a week with Natalie or Julia to find some fucking gratitude for having landed in NOLA.  As for Jovi not wanting to leave home, that’s a very Louisiana thing. As a population, Louisiana has the highest percentage of people who remain on the state or move back at some point. So even if Yara manages to get Jovi to LA, he will repatriate to NOLA within a few years. It’s just what Louisianans do.

I’m amazed that so many people are surprised Brandon acts like a high schooler. We should be amazed he still isn’t in diapers with the way his mother treats him. Speaking of his mother, she needs some intense psycho therapy. Holy Cow! Mother’s Day weekend needs to be devoted to her adoration and veneration! Julia better be careful if she has the audacity to become a mother, too. Brandon’s mother is going to lose her shit if she has to share her glorious mantle of motherhood  and weekend of worship with the likes of gutter snipe Julia. Things are gonna get ugly real quick. Yikes!

And speaking of crazy, what is Natalie doing to her mouth in her talking heads? Injections? It looks like she slapped some wax lips on her face. Yikes again! 

And in closing, Mikevand his cat better watch out. Natalie keeps giving me a bunny boiler vibe that I just can’t shake. Yikes thrice! 😘 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

From the "Party of One" Dept:

Now, I myself am a loner, for sundry reasons. I have walked around NYC, coastal Maine, Nantucket, and eastern PA alone often.

But not initially as a 20-something foreigner newly-affianced.

Yara should walk around New Orleans by herself?! In whose Universe would this be considered wise? Sure, there's a particular  culture, but why would the street/jazz scene appeal to her at all? It doesn't even appeal to me, and I love all that Nawlins food! 

As for Julia and Natalie, they are practically  hostages! Where and how can they toddle off to sight-see? 

Non-Jovi is a self-centered Travelin' Man.

Little Boy Brandon wants a farm worker.  

Big Mike couldn't act more indifferent if he tried (except when he's deliberately goading Natalie in restaurants by ordering T. Rex steaks).  

None of the young women is deserving of the men's less than romantic bait-and-switch moves. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I just can't get over the litter box scene with Natalie.  Of course it stank!  Nobody had cleaned it for a good while-she should scoop out the messes on a consistent basis, not ignore it until there is nowhere left for the cat to poop.  It was disgusting!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Takitaki said:

I feel like she doesn't know what they are! I have known what they are for a long time (lol) but just ate them for the first time a week ago. Yummy.

She mustn’t watch Hell’s Kitchen because they serve them just about every episode.  That and risotto.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

She mustn’t watch Hell’s Kitchen because they serve them just about every episode.  That and risotto.

I wanted Mike to pull out his cell phone and google "scallops" to show her that MANY creatures gave their lives for what was on her plate.  Only one died for Mike (and the rest of the meat went to many others).

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wanted Mike to pull out his cell phone and google "scallops" to show her that MANY creatures gave their lives for what was on her plate.  Only one died for Mike (and the rest of the meat went to many others).

Yes! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Natalie obviously is a pescatarian for health reasons but should not pretend it’s because of her concern for animals.  It was just less confrontational for her to say an animal died for your tomahawk steak than what she was really thinking -  you are an overweight slob who eats unhealthy food and drinks beer and will drop dead of a heart attack by 50.  Of course then she can sell the land and find someone her type but she hasn’t thought that far. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Big Mike couldn't act more indifferent if he tried (except when he's deliberately goading Natalie in restaurants by ordering T. Rex steaks).  

Grilled to your specifications by Chef Fred Flintstone.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I wanted Mike to pull out his cell phone and google "scallops" to show her that MANY creatures gave their lives for what was on her plate. 

This, but only after Natalie finished her dinner. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/3/2021 at 8:37 PM, Frozendiva said:

I've noticed that many Americans leave their shoes on.

In winter, I track in so much sand and crap and snow that I have to take my boots or shoes off or I will wipe out on my laminate floor. I have a rug but the floor can get very slick. I will occasionally wear shoes, especially if I am going out. 

Yes we do and isn't that gross?  I recently bought a home and absolutely no shoes allowed.  I will never understand wearing shoes and tracking in all the stuff from the outside world into my home.  Imagine going into a public bathroom and then walking into your house.  Gross.  Imagine walking across a parking lot  and stepping in filth and oil and then walking into your home.  I can't.  I can't and I don't and no one will or they will not be allowed on my new carpet. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

These women who want to be like the Kardashians are delusional. They broke onto the scene because they already had entertainment ties (Kim was dating Ray J and was Paris Hilton's assistant, their dad was Robert Kardashian, and their step dad Olympic royalty) and there was an opening in the market. 

Kim’s sex tape was the clincher.

D38F0D63-069D-4C6D-B4CC-122CC751AB8A.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2021 at 11:07 PM, Mean Jeanne said:

I wonder if Julia knows that Aspen is most likely giving her a writeup for sleeping in and it’s going in her personnel file for consideration in her Performance Evaluation. This will be part of your permanent record, little Missy!

If Brandon had a spine and a set of balls, it might just be worth enduring all the Betty Bullshit to Julia to be with him. But with all things considered she should be running for the next plane back to the Ukraine.

Yara needs to stop complaining about Jovi’s work schedule. I would probably still be married if I’d had a little bit of space from my husband. 28 days on/28 days off sounds like a marriage made in heaven to me!

Lord yes.  Aspen is such an asshole. Congratulations, girl. You work for a creep farmer and his creepier wife and are now keeping our Russian girl hostage. The more I watch the show, the more I realize that Julia had no idea that she was going to be an indentured servant. The family just gives me the creeps. Sorry Brandon didn’t fancy you, Aspen. Don’t take it out on the wrong person. Yeesh.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Lord yes.  Aspen is such an asshole. Congratulations, girl. You work for a creep farmer and his creepier wife and are now keeping our Russian girl hostage. The more I watch the show, the more I realize that Julia had no idea that she was going to be an indentured servant. The family just gives me the creeps. Sorry Brandon didn’t fancy you, Aspen. Don’t take it out on the wrong person. Yeesh.

We had a dog named Aspen.

• LOL 1

Hazel wants to get married, in a church, and also have a side chick? Isn’t that adultery? 

One more thing, if Jovi is going to be away for a month, what the heck are they going to film? Video calls with Yara where she complains about being bored and lonely? At least Syngin had Tania’s mother to interact with (and steal Jack Daniels and tiramisu from) when Tania ditched him for Witch Doctor school. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Yes we do and isn't that gross?  I recently bought a home and absolutely no shoes allowed.  I will never understand wearing shoes and tracking in all the stuff from the outside world into my home.

We live in California where we don't track any mud and snow in, and we don't wear shoes in the house.  I don't understand the reason for wearing shoes inside a house, it's much more comfortable walking around in socks.

• Love 10

don't these women use google earth??? hell I know exactly what a house looks like before I go to it. you can see the backyard/barns....location of nearest town.  

don't complain because you already knew you were going out to the middle of nowhere. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I’m not really sure how much time you have spent in New Orleans - I don’t know anyone who actually uses the term Nawlins, but I only lived there for 15 years.😉

New Orleans offers so much more than the Jazz and crawfish stereotype. 🙄

They have wonderful art museums,  several historical museums in the FQ, an  aquarium, an Insectarium, the Audubon Zoo, WW2 museum, walking historical tours, architectural tours, voodoo tours,  and historical riverboat rides up and down the Mississippi. My fave goes to Chalmette Battlefield.

There is also a lot of great, local retail and day spas on Magazine St. 

Let’s not forget Audubon Park, City Park, The Joy Theatre, The Saegner Theatre, Mahalia Jackson Theatre. Le Petit Theatre du Vieux Carre. And then all of he music venues on Frenchman Street. All of the places offer live performances beyond  the “street/jazz scene.”  Tulane and Loyola both offer numerous theatre, music and cultural events. And if their undergrad students can walk around the city quite safely, I think street smart Yara from Ukraine can handle New Orleans on her own. Lived in the French Quarter and Uptown and used my bike and the streetcar almost exclusively. Never had a problem. It’s a tourist city with friendly, outgoing people, excellent restaurants and even better Happy Hours. Used to be able to sneak out of work early, hop a streetcar and meet the girls for 50 cent oysters and 2 for 1 frozen French 75s at the corner of Napoleon and St. Charles by 5:15.

And if that’s not enough, Yara can easily arrange for pick up at a local hotel to go on s swamp tour, visit historic homes on River Road or go to Avery island to tour the Tabasco Factory and bird sanctuary. AND they even have indoor plumbing and AC  in NOLA, too. 

Yeah, I should be working for the New Orleans Convention and Tourism Board. But I get my back up when my favorite city is viewed in one dimension as having no more to offer than a street scene with Huge Ass Beers. Course I sort of blame Jovi for taking Yara to Bourbon Street. Locals don’t go there unless under duress, and they certainly don’t take friends there, which actually may say a lot about how Jovi really feels about Yara.

Thanks for coming to my NOLA TED Talk. 😘

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Nawlins

I have never been. Crossed country and still avoided it. I had the notion it would be too humid.  But I digress. 

"Street Smart" in one's  home country has little to do with being a young female FOREIGNER expected to navigate a major American city by her lonesome, particularly when her "fiancé" was all "Oh, baby, I can't wait 'til you're here!" beforehand. 

A tour? On Non-Jovi's dime, I presume? Well, that would  account for one afternoon. As for parks, historic houses (Americans always think 200 years of Americana is interesting history to a European), theatres, etc., ummm---Yara didn't  come over on a tourist visa or with a school group. 

Maybe there are plenty of American counterparts to Yara who would simply  thrive and revel in going to meet the Love of Their Life in Ukraine and then being told, "Hey, there's lots to see! Historic stuff! Here's a bicycle! Catch ya later!" But interesting as those experiences might well be,  just maybe they would prefer getting to know their guy. FIRST.

I'm not sure why your tourism guide extended to mentioning  "indoor plumbing and AC," but....good to know! 

But in fairness, I can somewhat relate. I've never cared for people's using the term "Pennsyltucky," because we denizens of the Keystone State never say it, and I've lived here 71 years. J/S. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Dobian said:

We live in California where we don't track any mud and snow in, and we don't wear shoes in the house.  I don't understand the reason for wearing shoes inside a house, it's much more comfortable walking around in socks.

Two words:  plantar fasciitis.  No stocking feet or bare feet for me.

We live in Arizona; also no mud or snow.  We have a nice mat outside the door which must catch most of what's on the bottom of our shoes.  I've never even seen a dusty shoeprint inside the house.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Nawlins

I have never been. Crossed country and still avoided it. Been all over Europe. 

So what? "Street Smart" in one's  home country has zero to do with being a young female FOREIGNER expected to navigate a major American city by her lonesome, particularly when her "fiancé" was all "Oh, baby, I can't wait 'til you're here!" beforehand. 

A tour? On Non-Jovi's dime, I presume? Well, that would  account for one afternoon. As for parks, historic houses (Americans always  think 200 years of Americana is interesting history to a European), theatres, etc., ummm---Yara didn't  come over on a tourist visa or with a school group. And jazz is an acquired taste (I lived with quite the aficionado, TYVM). 

Maybe there are plenty of American counterparts to Yara who would simply  thrive and revel in going to meet the Love of Their Life in Ukraine and then being told, "Hey, there's lots to see! Historic stuff! Here's a bicycle! Catch ya  later!"

BTW, I have no idea why your defensiveness extended to mentioning  "indoor plumbing and AC," but....good to know. 

Oh, Lennie, never been to New Orleans and commenting like an expert on what Yara can expect when she is there.  All the Wikipedia links in the world don’t mean that natives use Nawlins, ever. It’s like calling the streetcar a trolley. Sure way to stick out like a sore thumb. I bet you wear green in Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day. 😉

Also not sure what your travels in Europe have to do with NOLA, but ok. My family from France and  my husband’s family from Germany always loved New Orleans. Plus all my EMBA students from all over Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and UKRAINE always had a fabulous time in the city when they can for intensive courses.

I get it. Your mileage varies. I just wish some of your mileage had actually been in New Orleans before, ya know, commenting on it.  😘

We were in New Orleans in 2015.  Great city, loved the WW2 museum.  Yeah the French Quarter is sleazy, but the evening ghost tour there was fun.  Amazing restaurants including Commander's Palace.  Mother's is a famous local eatery and take-out place with great fried chicken.  Took some local plantation tours and had a great time.  I wouldn't want to live there (I can say that about a lot of cities, not a knock on N.O.), but New Orleans is a fun vacation destination.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I’m not really sure how much time you have spent in New Orleans - I don’t know anyone who actually uses the term Nawlins, but I only lived there for 15 years.😉

New Orleans offers so much more than the Jazz and crawfish stereotype. 🙄

They have wonderful art museums,  several historical museums in the FQ, an  aquarium, an Insectarium, the Audubon Zoo, WW2 museum, walking historical tours, architectural tours, voodoo tours,  and historical riverboat rides up and down the Mississippi. My fave goes to Chalmette Battlefield.

There is also a lot of great, local retail and day spas on Magazine St. 

Let’s not forget Audubon Park, City Park, The Joy Theatre, The Saegner Theatre, Mahalia Jackson Theatre. Le Petit Theatre du Vieux Carre. And then all of he music venues on Frenchman Street. All of the places offer live performances beyond  the “street/jazz scene.”  Tulane and Loyola both offer numerous theatre, music and cultural events. And if their undergrad students can walk around the city quite safely, I think street smart Yara from Ukraine can handle New Orleans on her own. Lived in the French Quarter and Uptown and used my bike and the streetcar almost exclusively. Never had a problem. It’s a tourist city with friendly, outgoing people, excellent restaurants and even better Happy Hours. Used to be able to sneak out of work early, hop a streetcar and meet the girls for 50 cent oysters and 2 for 1 frozen French 75s at the corner of Napoleon and St. Charles by 5:15.

And if that’s not enough, Yara can easily arrange for pick up at a local hotel to go on s swamp tour, visit historic homes on River Road or go to Avery island to tour the Tabasco Factory and bird sanctuary. AND they even have indoor plumbing and AC  in NOLA, too. 

Yeah, I should be working for the New Orleans Convention and Tourism Board. But I get my back up when my favorite city is viewed in one dimension as having no more to offer than a street scene with Huge Ass Beers. Course I sort of blame Jovi for taking Yara to Bourbon Street. Locals don’t go there unless under duress, and they certainly don’t take friends there, which actually may say a lot about how Jovi really feels about Yara.

Thanks for coming to my NOLA TED Talk. 😘

I agree!  I love New Orleans, it has a vibe/aura like nowhere else I've ever been.  Whenever I'm there I am relaxed and peaceful the entire time.  He should have taken her to the Garden District and let her dream.  But she probably think it was horrible because it's all OLD and not the McMansions of her dreams.

My mother and my birthdays are just a few days apart smack in the middle of Mother's Day territory.  But she wouldn't combine her birthday with Mother's Day.  Mother's Day always had to be celebrated by itself with different presents, cake and whatnot.  I don't know, maybe my grandma always insisting on combining her birthday/Mother's Day so she never had a day to herself.

Now that all of us kids are grown, we celebrate both of our birthdays and Mother's Day all in one.  As an adult I like it because it gets everything over and done with in one.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

All the Wikipedia links in the world don’t mean that natives use Nawlins, ever. It’s like calling the streetcar a trolley. Sure way to stick out like a sore thumb. I bet you wear green in Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day. 😉

It's like how you can always tell if someone isn't from San Francisco when they say "Frisco".  No one from here ever calls it Frisco.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Oh, Lennie, never been to New Orleans and commenting like an expert on what Yara can expect when she is there.  All the Wikipedia links in the world don’t mean that natives use Nawlins, ever. It’s like calling the streetcar a trolley. Sure way to stick out like a sore thumb. I bet you wear green in Dublin on St. Patrick’s Day. 😉

Also not sure what your travels in Europe have to do with NOLA, but ok. My family from France and  my husband’s family from Germany always loved New Orleans. Plus all my EMBA students from all over Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and UKRAINE always had a fabulous time in the city when they can for intensive courses.

I get it. Your mileage varies. I just wish some of your mileage had actually been in New Orleans before, ya know, commenting on it.  😘

It's funny, that link actually backs that up.  The definition said it was imitative of the pronunciation that natives use.  In other words, what people say when they're trying to sound like natives.

In school I always wore blue on St. Patrick's Day.  And dared anyone to pinch me lest I sic my Irish granny on them!

Edited by Sile
too many natives
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

Not to mention who wants shoes on their sofa or bed?

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Sile said:

It's funny, that link actually backs that up.  The definition said it was imitative of the pronunciation that natives use.  In other words, what people say when they're trying to sound like natives.

In school I always wore blue on St. Patrick's Day.  And dared anyone to pinch me lest I sic my Irish granny on them!

But that’s my point. Natives don’t sound like that when they say New Orleans. Jovi doesn’t. It’s so cringe that natives don’t even use it in jest or as a joke.  It marks you as a total outsider. It’s like people calling San Francisco.  “Frisco.” 🤮

2 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

But that’s my point. Natives don’t sound like that when they say New Orleans. Jovi doesn’t. It’s so cringe that natives don’t even use it in jest or as a joke.  It marks you as a total outsider. It’s like people calling San Francisco.  “Frisco.” 🤮

In Boston the dead giveaway is "Beantown". NO ONE says that here. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

It's like how you can always tell if someone isn't from San Francisco when they say "Frisco".  No one from here ever calls it Frisco.

How did I miss this before my reply? I totally feel you Dobian. 

• Love 1

Natalie and Mike are not right for each other, it would never last, but WTH,  a grown man lighting off a roman  candle in the middle of the day for fun?  He’s strange too.

Yara is the new Pao, she belongs in Los Angeles with the Kardashians, she is too good for New Orleans

Julia should not be expected to be a farm hand.  His parents are nuts, and she/they need to get away from them.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

His parents are nuts, and she/they need to get away from them.

Yeah to comment on this: I feel like any parent/grandparent/ other close relative who is *that* interested in their son's/grandson's, etc sex life & reproductive plans etc, should have their head examined.  It is WAY strange to be so pushy & nosy about their sex life.  

I only know 1 thing & that is: Brandon's parents did not like Julia from the jump.  That's why they're hell bent on making her miserable (maybe in hopes she will leave the states). Also, if Brandon is not blinded by sex, Julia's flaws will become magnified. I told my husband the same- I said "when you don't get something for awhile, ANY perceived issues I have become the focus. Otherwise, blinders are on." He didn't disagree.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

From the "Party of One" Dept:

Now, I myself am a loner, for sundry reasons. I have walked around NYC, coastal Maine, Nantucket, and eastern PA alone often.

But not initially as a 20-something foreigner newly-affianced.

Yara should walk around New Orleans by herself?! In whose Universe would this be considered wise? Sure, there's a particular  culture, but why would the street/jazz scene appeal to her at all? It doesn't even appeal to me, and I love all that Nawlins food! 

As for Julia and Natalie, they are practically  hostages! Where and how can they toddle off to sight-see? 

Non-Jovi is a self-centered Travelin' Man.

Little Boy Brandon wants a farm worker.  

None of the young women is deserving of the men's less than romantic bait-and-switch moves. 

Nearly all of the Russian/Ukrainian women in this franchise have a deep, deep issue with not living in NYC, Miami, or LA when they land in the US, in addition to other demands. What happened to moving to a new place and being satisfied with the love you have for your partner, who appears to be generously providing home and board without asking for a penny, and just settling into a normalish life, raising kids, gardening, cooking, etc ? Good grief. I live in a major city, but not in the top 3, and my Russian acquaintance who had come from Russia 2 years prior was incredibly depressed and unhappy, and would say, 'what is this village". Despite having a comfortable home in a busy suburb, a close knit group of Russian friends in the area with kids the same age, etc. Also I would mention that she had fought hard to land in the US with her husband  and gleefully brags about "winning a green card" to friends back home. 

There is also a heavy expectation coming from Russia that the area they will live in will be "walkable", meaning you can access everything you need by foot. Not the case in the vast majority of the US and I wish these knuckleheads would just understand this before deciding to come to the US. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

That was my meaning, that it proved YOUR point.  It's people trying to sound like New Orleanians and failing.

I'll add to the growing list with St. Looie.

I think the only way I could like Yara is if her middle name was Sofia (for the RPDR fans here, I am so excited for the new AS season).

Edited by Sile
On 1/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud at this.  Even when she gets her hot tea, there is something under the surface, just waiting to pop forth and complain.  

Mike is too nice or just does not care to say:  "Okay, fine, you are NOT going to church, you are eating meat for a weak and here is a glass of wine.  Oh wait.....don't like people trying to change you?  Now you know how I feel!"

Natalie is faking the great sex for the Green Card.  Fake, fake, fake.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Natalie obviously is a pescatarian for health reasons but should not pretend it’s because of her concern for animals.  It was just less confrontational for her to say an animal died for your tomahawk steak than what she was really thinking -  you are an overweight slob who eats unhealthy food and drinks beer and will drop dead of a heart attack by 50.  Of course then she can sell the land and find someone her type but she hasn’t thought that far. 

Yes. She's pretty grossed out by Mike. But compared to Uncle Beau, Mike is a health nut. Uncle Beau takes 10 whiskeys every 4 hours followed by a pancake with butter and syrup every 5. The french toast probably was the highlight uncle Beau's days. Which is probably why Mike does fireworks-- he's used to entertaining the easily amused uncle beau between his drink periods, snacks, and nap entertainment hours. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Nearly all of the Russian/Ukrainian women in this franchise have a deep, deep issue with not living in NYC, Miami, or LA when they land in the US, in addition to other demands. What happened to moving to a new place and being satisfied with the love you have for your partner, who appears to be generously providing home and board without asking for a penny, and just settling into a normalish life, raising kids, gardening, cooking, etc ? Good grief. I live in a major city, but not in the top 3, and my Russian acquaintance who had come from Russia 2 years prior was incredibly depressed and unhappy, and would say, 'what is this village". Despite having a comfortable home in a busy suburb, a close knit group of Russian friends in the area with kids the same age, etc. Also I would mention that she had fought hard to land in the US with her husband  and gleefully brags about "winning a green card" to friends back home. 

There is also a heavy expectation coming from Russia that the area they will live in will be "walkable", meaning you can access everything you need by foot. Not the case in the vast majority of the US and I wish these knuckleheads would just understand this before deciding to come to the US. 

But slopping pigs? Yeah, that's a line drawn by me right there. 

"Generously providing...."? Brandon can't  provide even for himself! Unless one counts the free eggs. 

Big Mike brings over a religious vegetarian, plunks her down in the 1950s, and stuffs his giant maw with a (probably tasty, but beside the point) hunk o'meat while stating how non-religious he is. Now, both parties here are autonomous and entitled to beliefs, blah, blah, but is there no compromise to be considered on his part, only hers? 

The women should be grateful, not the men? 

I don't know any Russian or Ukrainian immigrant mail- or Internet-order brides, so I am personal-anecdote-free. 

But from what I see on the television I generously provided to myself, the men aren't in this 90DF deal out of altruism, unless "altruism" is what the kidz are calling it these days.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

These young girls are thinking “Sex and the City”, and the Kartrashians.  They are reading too many magazines and watching t.v.  Plus, the Green Card is their priority.  They looked on the wrong site.  There must be a site like “Come to the USA and Marry a Millionaire”.  This season has to be a joke.  These girls do not want to be farm hands.  They want glamour, big cities and stores with fabulous clothes and shoes.

• Love 2

Has Betty never seen the way a calendar works?

May 9, 2020 fell on the Saturday of her precious  Mother’s Day weekend. 
May 9, 2021 is actual Mother’s Day. 
But for the next several years, May 9 is on a Monday, then a Tuesday, etc. 

In fact, the next time May 9 is on an actual Mother’s Day is in 2027. 

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7