Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Who's The Boss?

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Natalie is all about how Mike has to change in order to show respect to her, so how is she showing respect for him?  And, her dinner probably cost the lives of 6 - 8 scallops while his only involved 1 living being.  Oh, and all the fish is she going to cook?  They, too, are alive before being killed.  Her ridiculousness is...ridiculous.

I did not realize how much I don't care about Tarik and Hazel until I saw them in this episode (this is only the second episode of the season that I have watched).  He is way too hyper and she has hardly any energy.  Just get married somewhere and then live your lives.  Just don't care and actually get bothered by the energies they have on screen.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Ulterior, maybe.

Um yeah.

9 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and all the fish is she going to cook?  They, too, are alive before being killed. 

But at least they weren’t scared by fireworks.

I wonder if she has debated the morality of stealing eggs and milk from animals for human consumption.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Yara needs to stop complaining about Jovi’s work schedule. I would probably still be married if I’d had a little bit of space from my husband. 28 days on/28 days off sounds like a marriage made in heaven to me!

When I lived in Alaska I dated a couple guys that worked ion the slope. Some work 2 on and 2 off some 3 on 1 off. It is actually nice but the one issue is that during the 12 hours they are not working each day they have absolutely nothing to do. So they want to know what you are doing, where your going, they don't have alcohol or bars. Some eat all day some workout, that's about it. It had its plus and minus. My husband and I have never worked the same shifts and I do enjoy my alone time while he's at work. We do have the same off day though so it works.

• Love 4

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Jovi wanting to live in his hometown. They have shown him traveling to different places so I don’t think he is against learning another culture. Even if he moved with Yara to LA, they would probably be living in a dump of an apartment and she isn’t getting close to meeting a Kardashian no matter where they live. If these women want to live in a Beverly Hills mansion, find a wealthy husband that lives there. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 8
Just now, Madding crowd said:

If these women want to live in a Beverly Hills mansion, find a wealthy husband that lives there. 

Pretty sure this guy's single again - 

27824380-0-image-a-112_1588220531796.jpg

Spoiler

Sure he looks like the Gary Oldman version of Dracula,

CountDracula6.jpg

but life's full of tough decisions.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Pretty sure this guy's single again - 

27824380-0-image-a-112_1588220531796.jpg

Hide contents

Sure he looks like the Gary Oldman version of Dracula,

CountDracula6.jpg

but life's full of tough decisions.

Who or WHAT is that?!?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, Kath94 said:

Who or WHAT is that?!?

Mohamed Hadid, ex-husband of Real Housewife of Beverly Hills Yolanda Hadid and father to models Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, and some other kid. 

An excellent mark for someone who wants expensive rugs and teatime with the Kardashians. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, linthia said:

Brandon in how old again? 27? He has a plaque on his bedroom door that says "Brandon". /snicker

I noticed that too! LOL. Also, was that a full shelving unit of protein powders behind him in his bedroom? Does he work out a lot or something? He doesn't strike me as the body building type, but maybe I missed that. Unless he's just trying to stay lean for every day work on the farm. *shrug*

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MoonMountain said:

I noticed that too! LOL. Also, was that a full shelving unit of protein powders behind him in his bedroom? Does he work out a lot or something? He doesn't strike me as the body building type, but maybe I missed that. Unless he's just trying to stay lean for every day work on the farm. *shrug*

I thought those were pesticides for his day job lol.

• Useful 1

I get a kick out of the 90 Day fiancees that are coming to America thinking they are going to live in a place like LA, Miami or Manhattan, only to be blindsided with their unfortunate situation. Some even have visions of hobnobbing with the Kardashians and living their lifestyle.  Dream on! Clearly, they've spent too much time watching television and on social media.  Someone should probably inform these ladies that American men of means don't go looking for foreign women on common dating websites.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Natalie is all about how Mike has to change in order to show respect to her, so how is she showing respect for him?  And, her dinner probably cost the lives of 6 - 8 scallops while his only involved 1 living being.  Oh, and all the fish is she going to cook?  They, too, are alive before being killed.  Her ridiculousness is...ridiculous.

I’ve known far too many hypocrites who don’t have the intellectual capacity to realize just how hypocritical they actually are. And they usually aren’t interested in a logical discussion that points it out. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I've noticed that many Americans leave their shoes on.

In winter, I track in so much sand and crap and snow that I have to take my boots or shoes off or I will wipe out on my laminate floor. I have a rug but the floor can get very slick. I will occasionally wear shoes, especially if I am going out. 

Thats why so many cold areas have mud rooms

• Love 2

When these couples are “ courting” be it by internet or on an extended vacation,are they so busy with the sweet nothings that they never inquire about what their loved one looks for as a place to live; what kind of activities ( besides sex & eating out) do they enjoy, what kind of work they do, even though it may be crass, how much money they actually make, do they live alone or with others, do they live in a city or a rural area. They always seem so shocked and disappointed with their new circumstances. Why would you leave your country  family, friends without asking even those basic questions?

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

3. Natalie is never happy. Never ever ever. Even when she seems momentarily happy, she is hoarding complaints for later.

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud at this.  Even when she gets her hot tea, there is something under the surface, just waiting to pop forth and complain.  

Mike is too nice or just does not care to say:  "Okay, fine, you are NOT going to church, you are eating meat for a weak and here is a glass of wine.  Oh wait.....don't like people trying to change you?  Now you know how I feel!"

• Love 17
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I went into labor with our first child on Mother's Day evening.  I'll never forgive him for the fact that every 7 years or so, I have to SHARE Mother's Day with his birthd . . . oh . . . never mind.

I hope you remind him of your tremendous sacrifice as often as possible.

I recommend including graphic details about the length of your labor.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I recommend including graphic details about the length of your labor.

I have been known to use the phrase, "No, it's okay if you don't want to come over and fix ________.  Don't feel obligated, just because I walked through the valley of the shadow of death to give you life.  Really . . . no big deal."

LOL.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I have been known to use the phrase, "No, it's okay if you don't want to come over and fix ________.  Don't feel obligated, just because I walked through the valley of the shadow of death to give you life.  Really . . . no big deal."

LOL.

I think you might be my twinflame (tm Darcey), Azchristian.

• LOL 3
39 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Three lessons I learned this episode:

1. When your partner is deeply religious, it's acceptable to offer them a less-religious alternative to their faith, preferably involving psychics.

2. Mother's Day – which is not always on the same date – is absolutely sacred, even when your child is in his late 20s. Nothing important can take place that day.

3. Natalie is never happy. Never ever ever. Even when she seems momentarily happy, she is hoarding complaints for later.

My father's birthday was in June, and my mother's in May.  I always considered a conspiracy to drain my wallet every year.  😄

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

All mothers should usurp their child’s birth date because if it weren’t for mom giving birth, the kid wouldn’t be here. Who cares about the BABY’S birth date?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Hazel may not get a church wedding if she has any particular denominations in mind.  She and Tarik have 90 days to find one, have all documents that the church needs, take any pre-marriage courses, etc.  If both are different religions than that can add a layer of bureaucracy. Or pay a hefty amount.  It is unlikely that she will get a grand Catholic ceremony.  Don't remember if Tarik was married. If so, he has to provide an annullment. They may have to reach out to the Filipino community for assistance. Or suck it up and get a civil ceremony.

• Love 2

These women who want to be like the Kardashians are delusional. They broke onto the scene because they already had entertainment ties (Kim was dating Ray J and was Paris Hilton's assistant, their dad was Robert Kardashian, and their step dad Olympic royalty) and there was an opening in the market. Now the market is flooded with Instagram and YouTube influencers and reality shows. The only way someone else is going to reach that kind of level-if they can at all-is by finding a different door. It can't be done the same way the Kardashians did it, that competition is so steep that everyone just cancels each other out. 

Money isn't going to buy Yara's way in, either. Although they're still crazily wealthy, the majority of the finer things that the Kardashians have have been given to them for free in return for hopeful marketing purposes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

These women who want to be like the Kardashians are delusional. They broke onto the scene because they already had entertainment ties (Kim was dating Ray J and was Paris Hilton's assistant, their dad was Robert Kardashian, and their step dad Olympic royalty) and there was an opening in the market. Now the market is flooded with Instagram and YouTube influencers and reality shows. The only way someone else is going to reach that kind of level-if they can at all-is by finding a different door. It can't be done the same way the Kardashians did it, that competition is so steep that everyone just cancels each other out. 

Money isn't going to buy Yara's way in, either. Although they're still crazily wealthy, the majority of the finer things that the Kardashians have have been given to them for free in return for hopeful marketing purposes. 

Very insightful and true!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

LOL.

My first son was 11 pounds, born the way God intended, my second was a C-section.  I will, on occasion, use language like:  "Well, don't forget I pushed you out, all 11 pounds with no drugs, but....whatever......" or:  "Just because you popped out of me like the Kool Aid Man.......don't worry, I got it.......Not like I could not walk for days, but if you're busy........."  They both (lovingly) ignore me, lol!!!  

Also, per Hazel wanting that church wedding - good luck.  It probably won't happen in 90 days.  It takes A LOT of preparation for a church wedding, lots of classes, lots of everything and they are not in the mood to fast track anyone.  My first wedding was a year of preparation.  Oh joy......second was a civil matter.  Much easier, lol!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I get a kick out of the 90 Day fiancees that are coming to America thinking they are going to live in a place like LA, Miami or Manhattan, only to be blindsided with their unfortunate situation. Some even have visions of hobnobbing with the Kardashians and living their lifestyle.  Dream on! Clearly, they've spent too much time watching television and on social media.  Someone should probably inform these ladies that American men of means don't go looking for foreign women on common dating websites.  

They have been talking to these guys for awhile.  Don’t they all know where they will be living?  What state, in a big City, on a farm, etc.  Who would like being on and working a farm?  Maybe they just want the green card, then split.  As long as they get here.  That goes for the guys also.  

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hazel may not get a church wedding if she has any particular denominations in mind.  She and Tarik have 90 days to find one, have all documents that the church needs, take any pre-marriage courses, etc.  If both are different religions than that can add a layer of bureaucracy. Or pay a hefty amount.  It is unlikely that she will get a grand Catholic ceremony.  Don't remember if Tarik was married. If so, he has to provide an annullment. They may have to reach out to the Filipino community for assistance. Or suck it up and get a civil ceremony.

Hazel is not catholic. The family belongs to some sort of pentacostal type church as I recall, where people speak in tongues and the service goes on for hours and hours.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

For anyone who is debating on signing up for Discovery+, I just received an email from Verizon stating that I could sign up for 6 months ad-free using my Verizon info.  It includes TLC, ID Discovery, and a bunch of other channels.   I'm perusing the ID Discovery programs at the moment.

So, if you're a Verizon customer, check it out.  Six months free = I'm in 😄 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, politichick said:

Hazel is not catholic. The family belongs to some sort of pentacostal type church as I recall, where people speak in tongues and the service goes on for hours and hours.

Surely there’s a Revivalist traveling tent meeting somewhere in Tarik’s area. Hazel would feel right at home having a wedding there. Post reception take-home goodie bags include a tongue sandwich and dice showing snake eyes on all sides.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

Mohamed Hadid, ex-husband of Real Housewife of Beverly Hills Yolanda Hadid and father to models Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, and some other kid. 

An excellent mark for someone who wants expensive rugs and teatime with the Kardashians. 

I think he is not rich anymore.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Malvina said:

By the way, May 9 is a Victory Day in Russia, a major holiday celebrating victory over Nazi Germany in WWII.

Betty would argue that Julia would be stealing that day from millions of Russians then.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

My anniversary is May 10th, the year we got married it was the day before Mother’s Day. The thought didn’t even cross our minds when planning and neither of our mothers brought it up. I’m not sure if it even occurred to me until our first anniversary was on Mother’s Day that year and we were trying to find a restaurant and they were all overrun with families celebrating. Now that I’m a mom of young kids our anniversary gets overlooked in favor of Mother’s Day. That could change when they grow up. 

• Love 1