Type keyword(s) to search

Season 02: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Go, Chris!!

9 minutes ago, Kid said:

Well, I got the night correct!!  Hi, everyone.    

Does Amy's husband ever talk??

Hi!

I was kind of wondering about Mute Mose myself. 

How is it that people the size of a state always find a significant other? I haven't had a date in 2 years!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Well I can't help but like the brother, and he seems to be someone that they respect and perhaps listen to. I think having someone new help Tammy (and go along for the journey with her) may benefit her. Amy is just tired (and who can blame her) of being her caretaker and has sort of a "just fucking do it already" attitude with her.

• Love 8
Just now, Kid said:

Chris going to have a heart attack pushing Tammy around.

That therapist did not know what she was taking on!🤣🤣

She sure didn't. I bet she called her accountant after the first visit to see if she has enough for early retirement.

• LOL 5

I love to snark with the best of them and yeah these girls are really really fat.  And they would be the first ones to admit they're hillbillies.  But they're honest as all hell, and open about everything.  They express themselves very well.   Phonies like Whitney Thore & delusional lying poundicipants on My 600 Lb Life are easy & fun to crap on, they deserve it.  But I can't crap on these girls & their brother.  I wish them all the best in their "weight loss journies" to "get their lives back"  LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s just so dysfunctional.  Omg, how does anyone in their situation think they don’t need therapy?  Ridiculous.

They don't know what therapy does. 

To be fair, I don't get it, either, and I'm a mental health student!

Lord, giant cereal commercials? 

• Love 2
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the therapist hung in there well and was quick to support them. 

I agree.  She did the best she could in one session with sisters with complex, deep rooted issues.  Both Amy and Tammy would benefit greatly from long term individual therapy and then family therapy.  They all have a lot to work through. 

• Love 5
Just now, RedDelicious said:

Oh..I like the therapist. I think she has a very nice manner about her.

And she is not asking them to write letters to dead relatives!  🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I think a less uppity skinny fancy rich bitch looking therapist would have been more effective.  

I second this. The therapist can't relate to their upbringing, lifestyle or microculture of hating Greek yogurt.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

They don't know what therapy does. 

To be fair, I don't get it, either, and I'm a mental health student!

Exactly.  Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.  Depends on the therapist, the rapport, how honest the patient is.  It's just not a miracle as in oh I see the light now thing.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I like Amy's cat ear headband.  

Eggplant parmesan is, of course, the least healthy way to cook eggplant.  Although I can't say much because I truly hate eggplant. 

LOL, that's what I was thinking. Yay for a veggie but you have sugar laden marinara and loads of cheese.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Amy is eating grapes and tomatoes! The point of no return!

No oranges. There is hope. 

6 minutes ago, Hero said:

The way Amy speaks, she acts like she's 100lbs, even though she still is very obese. 

She doesn't want to get 'anorectic'.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Didn't they get diet guidelines from Dr. Procter?  Just because something is "healthy" doesn't mean it's good for weight loss (looking at you, dark chocolate and red wine).

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Roxie said:

Didn't they get diet guidelines from Dr. Procter?  Just because something is "healthy" doesn't mean it's good for weight loss (looking at you, dark chocolate and red wine).

Dr Proctor is in Atlanta, they live in Kentucky.   In the last episode he told her she needed more close attention than he could offer her, so he passed her onto a more local bariatric surgeon.  Who we haven't seen her visit yet.  

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Love 1

I just learned that Braxton Hicks contractions are named after the guy who first identified them. He was an English physician named John Braxton Hicks. I guess he was the first doctor to tell an expectant mother, "Go home. You're not in labor. You're having my contractions."

Edited by mmecorday
Zied is 27 years old. Oops! Wrong forum!
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Go, Chris!!

Hi!

I was kind of wondering about Mute Mose myself. 

How is it that people the size of a state always find a significant other? I haven't had a date in 2 years!

I hear ya sisterwriter!

18 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Greek yogurt is delicious! Add a tiny bit of honey or Maple syrup ...heaven

I make my own fruit mix-ins. It's got some sugar but certainly less than your average commercially-sweetened yogurt.

• Useful 1