Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Trouble in Newport Beach

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

This is a regular episode thread.  Do not discuss any events, media information or social media that occurred after the time during which this episode was filmed. 

• Start Topic

With the group back in the OC, Shannon preps her oldest daughter, Sophie, for college while Emily reveals a surprising rumor. As Braunwyn and Sean discuss their marriage problems, Shannon and John work through their issues from quarantine, but she fears the damage has been done.  Later, Elizabeth opens up about her past to Emily, and Kelly questions Braunwyn's authenticity.

Original air date 2021.01.06

• Useful 2
22 hours ago, Kemper said:

Brownwyn is an unfit mother at this point.  She is also one of the most self-centered and self-absorbed women across the Housewife franchises.  If her husband was any kind of father .. he would toss Brownwyn to wherever, sue for divorce and ask for full custody.

I can’t stand the Dudd, but if I have to choose sides, I’ll take her. Being authentic isn’t anything to hang your hat on. Ted Bundy was authentic. Fuck Brown bagger. She’s a canker.  And a liar. The only thing authentic about her is being an enormous twat waffle. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
On 1/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Kemper said:

Brownwyn is an unfit mother at this point.  She is also one of the most self-centered and self-absorbed women across the Housewife franchises.  If her husband was any kind of father .. he would toss Brownwyn to wherever, sue for divorce and ask for full custody.

At this point? I think she has been unfit for quite some time. Pawning her children off on nannys all the time (especially because she was drinking/drunk so much). They will grow up having no idea what authentic motherly love is. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

God I feel so bad for Shannon’s daughters ... back the fuck off 

She's definitely a helicopter parent and a nag.    

I felt bad for Elizabeth's Siberian Husky being in a house with the fireplace going while it was 85 degrees outside (isn't that what her brother said?)  I hope she has a cooler spot in the house for him.  He/she is a beautiful dog.  I loved the Doberman too.  And as always, yay for Archie!  I think he was telepathically telling Shannon's daughter to take him with her! 

• Love 20

Anyone surprised Sophie isn't going to college locally?  Anyone?  Her confessional talking about her well being...she wasn't talking just about Orange County.

Brownie is messy.  I call her Brownie because on the surface, she looks harmless and nice.  However, too much of a Brownie causes massive damage to your health and well being. Plus, Brownies are usually soft and messy on the inside.

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Interesting that John apparently is a drinker as well? He has certainly hid it well on the show, but does explain why he puts up with Shannon I know a couple of couples who are pretty much together because they like to drink, and no mostly sober person would put up with them. 

I knew there had to be something going on with this guy to put up with Shannon Storms Beador! Now we know, they're both drunks!  

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Im still trying to figure out John’s house.  Is it on a pier?  

After watching this episode, it looks to me like he lives on a house boat and he's in a marina of some sort. They were sitting out on a deck, no grassy backyard there.   

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

God I feel so bad for Shannon’s daughters ... back the fuck off 

You get jealous of my girlfriend it’s hard for me... he’s your fucking husband Brawn he shouldn’t be sharing you with a girlfriend 

Lol, Shannon telling her kid the Prada jacket cost 2k when she always looks like she shoplifts her shit from the Fashion Bug to me. Blah Whine and her coven laughing at her cuck for wanting his wife to be his wife. How dare be annoyed at her moving her side piece in while he toils away making her booze and Botox money! She thinks she’s going to have a long run on the show and make easy money. Stand on your own two feet, Bronzed Wizened. The dollar tree is hiring. 

Its a lot! It’s...a lot...ugh, people picking this shit up from the Kardashians. It sounds so stupid and ignorant. Grandma got hit by a freight train? It’s a lot! Lost your job and home? It’s...a lot. Jack Russell got grabbed by an alligator? That’s a lot!

Shannon, it’s bad for your dogs skin to soak in chlorine. Maybe she uses a DE filter, but hot water will dry the dogs skin out. Goldens smell, and drying its skin will cause it to produce more oil, making him smell worse. Get a damn dog bred as a pet, not a hunting dog that gets no enrichment. Poor dog is over fed and underworked. 

Hell has frozen over because Emily has become likeable. I enjoy her bitchy ass husband, but he is a dick to her, never shows affection, always snarky and sarcastic. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Organic headboards, tailor made bed skirt and we're all negative!

First world living

I want to know what the dorms are like at Baylor that there's room for 2 Giant headboards,...and bed skirts? I commuted to college, so most of my dorm experience was from visiting friends at school; I don't recall EVER seeing headboards or bedskirts. And one for the roomate? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

It sounded like Shannon said Sophie was anxious to get to Wyco not Waco. I cannot stand the way she screams when she is talking with her kids. It is not cute.

When Emily walked into Gina's house I noticed her wieght loss. She looks great. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 10

So Elizabeth contacted a therapist, other than her brother - that’s good. But I fell asleep and didn’t see a session - will watch again.

It’s sad to see what happens to an enabler who is finally kicked to the curb. Run Sean, run! And save the littles!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I thought poor Archie was thinking "Hmmm... this container MAY be big enough for me to fit in? Please, please, PLEASE.... TAKE ME TO WACO WITH YOU!!!"

And then find me a home where people will actually PICK UP MY POOP!🤬

I'm STILL ticked off about that.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Im still trying to figure out John’s house.  Is it on a pier?  

I'm kinda familiar with Newport and I think he lives on Newport Island. A tiny Island with channels running thru it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Axie said:

Shannon, Sophie ain’t never living with you again.  She’ll probably be back to visit Archie, but, to stay with you?  Not so much.

It's too bad that Archie can't move in with Sophie at Baylor University. Archie could use a break from Shannon.

16 minutes ago, dosodog said:

And then find me a home where people will actually PICK UP MY POOP!🤬

I'm STILL ticked off about that.

I think that Archie didn't go out for walks when the three kids were at home . There were pee pads all over the backyard.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

So Elizabeth contacted a therapist, other than her brother - that’s good. But I fell asleep and didn’t see a session - will watch again.

Elizabeth's brother kind of validated her story for me.   He seems like a regular guy who cares about her and has worked through most of his own trauma.  I hope she gets the help she desperately needs - but off camera.  In my experience the therapists who are willing to treat patients on reality TV don't seem very effective.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol, Shannon telling her kid the Prada jacket cost 2k when she always looks like she shoplifts her shit from the Fashion Bug to me. Blah Whine and her coven laughing at her cuck for wanting his wife to be his wife. How dare be annoyed at her moving her side piece in while he toils away making her booze and Botox money! She thinks she’s going to have a long run on the show and make easy money. Stand on your own two feet, Bronzed Wizened. The dollar tree is hiring. 

Its a lot! It’s...a lot...ugh, people picking this shit up from the Kardashians. It sounds so stupid and ignorant. Grandma got hit by a freight train? It’s a lot! Lost your job and home? It’s...a lot. Jack Russell got grabbed by an alligator? That’s a lot!

Shannon, it’s bad for your dogs skin to soak in chlorine. Maybe she uses a DE filter, but hot water will dry the dogs skin out. Goldens smell, and drying its skin will cause it to produce more oil, making him smell worse. Get a damn dog bred as a pet, not a hunting dog that gets no enrichment. Poor dog is over fed and underworked. 

Hell has frozen over because Emily has become likeable. I enjoy her bitchy ass husband, but he is a dick to her, never shows affection, always snarky and sarcastic. 

Oh, my God-you did NOT make a Kenny Powers allusion AND burn low-rent Shannon the Rube in the process. 🤣 You are now my absolute favorite person, AND I'm nominating you for a Peabody Award.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I am wondering if Sophie will last at Baylor, none of these HW's kids seem to stick with the college we see them preparing to go to, we see the parents buying them tons of stuff (non toxic headboards, for the future room mate too, oy), and making big going away parties with endless dialogue about how much they will miss the kid, over and over again and in the end the kid comes back before the first semester is over.

Brawny is as bad as giving the full story as Elizabeth.

Elizabeth hustled her brother to town for a visit and to back up her cult/abuse story.

Shannon's boyfriend is nuts, he has to be, right? He sees no problem with her crazy and that is crazy.

Emily has turned in to someone likable.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I thought poor Archie was thinking "Hmmm... this container MAY be big enough for me to fit in? Please, please, PLEASE.... TAKE ME TO WACO WITH YOU!!!"

Right? Staying in Waco sounds much better than staying in Wacko with Shannon!

Gotdamn, but Braunwyn is making Tamra look like Mother of the Year!

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, chlban said:

Why has this become the Brownstone show?

That was exactly what I asked my friend this morning.  It’s like 80% Braunwyn and then 20% the rest of them.   WTH!  Screen hog.

Doesn’t Shari have a kid?  Again, WTH.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am wondering if Sophie will last at Baylor, none of these HW's kids seem to stick with the college we see them preparing to go to, we see the parents buying them tons of stuff (non toxic headboards, for the future room mate too, oy), and making big going away parties with endless dialogue about how much they will miss the kid, over and over again and in the end the kid comes back before the first semester is over.

Right. There seems to be very little emphasis on learning and education--just a sad old pig lumbering around Costco and buying a bunch of s*** off the Internet. I realize that Shannon the Rube has zero intellectual curiosity, no interest in art or culture, and is just a vapid, bitter old drunk, but you'd think she'd have aspirations for her children.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I definitely believe that Elizabeth had a wild upbringing in the cult, but I always hate those staged conversations where the brother is giving a rundown of history they likely talked about many times before.   

• Love 9
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

She's definitely a helicopter parent and a nag.    

I felt bad for Elizabeth's Siberian Husky being in a house with the fireplace going while it was 85 degrees outside (isn't that what her brother said?)  I hope she has a cooler spot in the house for him.  He/she is a beautiful dog.  I loved the Doberman too.  And as always, yay for Archie!  I think he was telepathically telling Shannon's daughter to take him with her! 

Actually, I was wondeing if something isn't medically wrong with Archie. The way he was standing in the Jacuzzi was not normal. Maybe arthritis or something else but if it was my dog I'd get him checked out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

There won't be any toxicity in Sophie's dorm room as long as Shannon's not visiting. What mother talks to her teenage daughters about her death from covid when she doesn't even have any symptoms? 

So it's hard for brown wind that Sean is jealous of her girlfriends. Poor thing. Not getting enough attention again. 

How do you know that a 4-year-old is dyslexic? I guess Lizzie's brother was a reader at a very young age. I've got to give him kudos for dealing with his childhood issues and moving on. 

Love Gina and Emily seeing Brown wind for what she is.

Poor big dick Rick diggler. I'm glad for Jolie that he is such a great mediator between her and her mom, but that is a lot of responsibility to put on a new husband and stepdad. I'll work on it or I'm working on it seems to be the go-to cop out excuse these days. Jolie is so much more mature than Kelly is.

Yeah John changed his tune Shannon. He might need a few hours to himself here and there to recover from the soul sucking experience that is you

Just realized how tall and good looking Gina's man is. Love that he's whipping up some coffee and breakfast for them. So far I really like him. glad to see that Gina has come around to the thought that Matt deserves whatever he gets

I am in love with Lizzie's husky. Gorgeous dog. Unfortunately the more I see baby face boyfriend the more I realize how incredibly homely he is. That was a quick, oh by the way I grew up in a cult, now let's move on do some fluffier conversation. Once again Em has Brown winds number

Brown wind you do realize that being like your friend and standing on your own two feet means that you no longer expect Sean to pay for and do everything right? 

No Shannon Sophie doesn't want your old lady coat, And hell yes she's trying to cut that cord. As far as I can tell she is nothing like you and is anxious to start a life where she can actually be herself

The final divorce payment check on the counter didn't come off staged at all. Shannon's face is so overloaded with fresh fillers it looks like a puffy sponge ball with crooked duck lips

I'll finish the season, but I better get more Gina and Emily and some new housewives next year

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I want to know what the dorms are like at Baylor that there's room for 2 Giant headboards,...and bed skirts? I commuted to college, so most of my dorm experience was from visiting friends at school; I don't recall EVER seeing headboards or bedskirts. And one for the roomate? 

Having put three kids through college I can honestly say Shannon is the worst kind of velcro parent I've ever seen. The "organic" headboards???? WTF does that even mean??? OMG...and one for the roommate??? And bed skirts??? She's not just a velcro parent, she's controlling and suffocates her kids with it. Buying her daughter some dowdy jacket that no one under the age of 40 would wear was the icing on the cake. Fly Sophie fly!!!! and never come back! Your mother is wacka doodle!

Jolie is at the other end of the spectrum...she seems depressed to me. Why is Kelly so strict with her? Kelly exhibits no self control or self discipline herself and using her mother as an example of "parenting" was laughable. I feel badly for both of these young ladies.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 15
37 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

So Browney gets to sit and tell her husband all about her problems, while blaming him for most of them.  He listens, doesn't say a word, then Bitch face tells him to open up and share.  He gets maybe 2 sentence out of his mouth and she butts in and starts arguing with everything he says

This guy is a saint! An enabling doormat, but still a saint. I couldn't help but think he looked very handsome sitting there while listening to the crazy that is his wife. I would love to see him leave her and end up with a beautiful, younger, sweeter woman that his kids like a lot. 

Regarding Shannon and her carefully placed settlement check. I don't think 1.4 million is much for a couple like Shannon and David. I thought they had so much money, didn't they sell their Newport home for 12 million? I don't know what they owed on it but I'm sure they made a nice profit. I think David made out on that divorce. He had a great lawyer. He probably hid his money. He has a very successful business. Kelly is right, 1.4 mil isn't going to last long in the world they live in and after almost 20 yrs. of marriage I thought there would be more of a settlement. Shannon got screwed. 

• Love 17

Thirteen year old girls can be challenging but I  loved Kelly bitching about Jolie always being on her phone and then the clips of Kelly glued to hers.  

The first kid leaving for college can be emotional but I loved Shannon telling Sophie she needs to be nice to everyone and if she does "have a tiff with someone" that's not when she should take the step of "talking bad about that person" and then the clip of Shannon doing exactly that. Hahaha. 

Then, both mothers bemoaning their daughters becoming young women and deciding it's a good reason to break out the tequila for an afternoon of day drinking.

Also I knew John the Boyfriend wasn't so great!  Apparently he's also Shannon's drinking buddy.  Makes sense on so many counts. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10