Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Steamy Vibes

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

I think maritime law says they should have.

According to Wikipedia, "Man Overboard" is to be used when someone has gone over and is in need of immediate rescue.  Maybe that wouldn't apply here?  

"Man overboard!" is an exclamation given aboard a vessel to indicate that a member of the crew or a passenger has fallen off of the ship into the water and is in need of immediate rescue. Whoever sees the person's fall is to shout, "Man overboard!" and the call is then to be reported once by every crewman within earshot, even if they have not seen the victim fall, until everyone on deck has heard and given the same call. This ensures that all other crewmen have been alerted to the situation and notifies the officers of the need to act immediately to save the victim. Pointing continuously at the victim may aid the helmsman in approaching the victim.

• Useful 7

Her name is Delores Flora.  I couldn[t get the link from screenrant to copy over.

Below Deck: Meet Delores Flora, Charter Guest Who Angered Captain Lee By Swimming At Night (screenrant.com)

• Love 2

Why was Rachel so worried about her boyfriend getting back to Italy?  2020 has become a giant blur but wasn’t it later in the year before Italy got totally locked down?  And, I’ve reached the age where I’ll start to put milk in the pantry and cereal in the fridge, but I don’t know how she managed to leave her phone in the freezer.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, aghst said:

Ashling and Eddie were on WWHL.

Ashling said Elizabeth just wasn't getting the job done.  Because of miscommunication from Elizabeth, Ashling changed 6 or 7 bedsheets when she only needed to do one.

She also said Francesca told Elizabeth to write things down on a note pad but she didn't comply.

Says Elizabeth is 30 and she is almost 26.

Andy referred to Izzy recently coming out as lesbian on social media.  Eddie said she is brave.

I think Elizabeth is very immature and her ego gets in the way constantly, she thinks her only issue is being harassed by Frencesca lol.  She really needs a wake up call.  Izzie is annoying too, I’m glad she isn’t still working under Francesca too.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, dleighg said:

I think it's different. I mean we got a cheesecake shot of James (nearly) naked in his bunk, and we get shots of backs, (mostly clothed) bums, and pecs of the guys as well as (bending over) bum and bra shots of the girls. But zipping up shorts is (IMHO) completely unsexy and honestly kind of gross.

The filming in general for this show is horrific IMO and the editing too.

Edited by endure
  • Love 5

Fantastic episode with Captain Lee at his best hahaha.....

The hero for me is Elizabeth. I do not understand how she keeps her cool and smile on her face when Francesca the 'biatch" keeps coming on and on and on to her with lections.

Damn it Francesca, you demoted Elizabeth already, the girl is working and preparing the guest rooms.....LEAVE HER BE.

If you have 8 heavy drinkers onboard who demand cocktails (it takes time to make a cocktail), why is it only Elizabeth serving them? Where is the Chief stew? (in her cabin checking herself out in the mirror).

The guest, although heavy drinkers, seemed ok to me except the woman who jumped into the water. Personally, I love captain Lee and I would probably react the same, but him yelling and cursing at her is not very professional. A Captain should not lower himself to the level of a drunken guest.

And Izzy? I am sick........I feel sick.....I feel bad......tears.....I feel sick.....I am hurting.........come on.....boring person

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 1/5/2021 at 12:37 AM, oakville said:

I don't think I have seen Captain Lee this angry before. The guest was very reckless to jump into the water. Why didn't a crew member stop her ?

The way I saw that scene play out was Francesca and Delores's friend were trying to lure her back with the promise of (of all things) more wine, Francesca could not have restrained Delores for two reasons, one Delores could have screamed bloody murder that Francesca had grabbed or harmed her and second, it could have put F in danger of going in the water which could have resulted in her being injured.  James would have jumped in but because Capt. Lee told D not to go in and she disobeyed orders James would have to wait for the directive to go in and get D.  

Side note, If I ever have the opportunity to charter a super yacht I would put on my preference sheet that I do not want theme nights with tacky Party City streamers and such, just serve amazing food...I will be in my pj's.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

Hey, here’s a stupid question: why the title Steamy Vibes?

Did I miss a conversation?

I'm pretty sure this was a Rob quote about Francesca.  I love his deadpan delivery.  He's a weirdo but I enjoy his awkwardness and dry sense of humor. He's Canadian so I'm sure he's a nice guy!  Plus, very easy on the eyes!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, Lassus said:

I can see the night thing and the drunk thing without any issue, but the shark warning did seem a little weird.  Aren't they generally allowed to swim there anyhow? 

Weren't two (non-drunk and closer to shore, granted) stews in the water at night just the last charter?

I think it’s because they just saw sharks circling right in that spot a few minutes before.

• Love 3
Just now, heatherchandler said:

they just saw sharks circling right in that spot a few minutes before

and didn't one of the crew say it was a great white? (Not that I believe that for a single second LOL)

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The way I saw that scene play out was Francesca and Delores's friend were trying to lure her back with the promise of (of all things) more wine, Francesca could not have restrained Delores for two reasons, one Delores could have screamed bloody murder that Francesca had grabbed or harmed her and second, it could have put F in danger of going in the water which could have resulted in her being injured.  James would have jumped in but because Capt. Lee told D not to go in and she disobeyed orders James would have to wait for the directive to go in and get D.  

Side note, If I ever have the opportunity to charter a super yacht I would put on my preference sheet that I do not want theme nights with tacky Party City streamers and such, just serve amazing food...I will be in my pj's.

I was thinking that the crew probably isn't allowed to lay hands on the guests.  Also, Dolores is a lot bigger than Francesca and would have undoubtedly taken her in the water with her by sheer momentum.  

And I agree with your last statement.  I told my husband "if we ever get to do something like that, let's stay on board and just enjoy the amazing boat the whole time."  You would be hard-pressed to get me out of that deck chair.  

Maybe I'm just naive (I'll admit I'm not much of a drinker), but how can people drink all day and night and still keep going?  I mean, I love wine, but if I downed a few glasses in an hour I would be in bed asleep!  

• Love 17
On 1/5/2021 at 4:27 AM, Jack Sampson said:

"I have paid a lot of money" line.  Bitch paid a few grand...tops.  Get your drunken fat ass out of the water.

Ugh this gets me to the core. We have a friend who would probably use this line... Mean while they didn't pay for squat and are the cheapest.

I hope someone makes a gif of that head turn of Capt. Lee That was so funny.  Also, I wish there was a book of Captain Lee'isms for all the quotes he throws out. 

I wonder if he will really "turn this yacht" around and kick them off. We know he has kicked off prior guests. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, 88Keys said:

According to Wikipedia, "Man Overboard" is to be used when someone has gone over and is in need of immediate rescue.  Maybe that wouldn't apply here?  

You have someone drunk enough to be just about ready to vomit dive into the ocean where the crew was watching sharks circling the lights - I think she was in need of immediate rescue.

On a previous season one of the deckhands (Ashton) was dragged into the water by a line, and another deckhand (Rhylee ?) was read the riot act by Capt. Lee for only saying Man Overboard once.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Why was Rachel so worried about her boyfriend getting back to Italy?  2020 has become a giant blur but wasn’t it later in the year before Italy got totally locked down?  And, I’ve reached the age where I’ll start to put milk in the pantry and cereal in the fridge, but I don’t know how she managed to leave her phone in the freezer.

Italy was hard hit by the virus very early on.  I don't know if they were locked down in March but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I think he was in Italy and was trying to get back to France. 

So Delores. on her FB, checked into a resort on Feb 29 and MArch 3...same one in St John's. Was that night before and night after charter? If so, the charter was 2 nights. So looks like they get to stay?

• Useful 4
26 minutes ago, Lamima said:

So Delores. on her FB, checked into a resort on Feb 29 and MArch 3...same one in St John's. Was that night before and night after charter? If so, the charter was 2 nights. So looks like they get to stay?

I just checked her FB, and the March 3rd post is deleted. So you're probably right. (And an intern at Bravo monitors these boards pretty closely. Hi, intern!) 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4

So I don't think Francesca has been hella rude to Elizabeth. I think she's actually addressed her in a pretty professional and mild manner considering.... Up until this episode that. Where she now has a stick up her ass about hearing what she heard. Whatever girl. Awkward sure but not grounds to take it out on her during work hours. Francesca stepped into petty territory with that reprimand to Elizabeth. 

I get it. Elizabeth is a complete waste of space as a stew but as others have noticed, she could be a little clearer and little more structured in her approach to the debacle that is Elizabeth. For her own sake actually. Francesca needs to suck it up and accept that she's saddled with a less than par underling and as Chief Stew she needs to figure out away to work with what she's been given. Instead she's getting more and more frustrated and in turn resentful. This leads to a mistaken mindset that tells her it's now okay to be rude dismissive and not so nice to Elizabeth.

Look, I get it. She creates more work and makes them look bad. But What does being mean accomplish? I can't stand that approach. Being an incompetent drain, while unfair and unfortunate doesn't mean that the logical course of action is to create even more disarray and disorder by introducing negative vibes and awkward energy to an already dismal predicament. 

My problem with Francesca, and mind you, I'm still on her side is that I don't want to see her start shifting into mean girl territory where all she does from here on out is snipe at Elizabeth, grumbles and gripes and starts raining down punishment. I don't think being disappointed and frustrated with someone's means that rudeness and nastiness are the automatic next course of action. Francesca looked like the type to keep stuff pretty even keeled at first so I was optimistic with how she would handle Elizabeth in the long run but now it seems like Francesca may be starting to use harsher approaches when dealing with Elizabeth which I don't think will be productive.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Such a super sleuth!!  I think the posters on this sight could unravel the Jimmy Hoffa case, lol.

My thought is Capt. Lee cooled down and Delores either apologized or was put on lockdown in her cabin till the end of the charter.

• LOL 8
36 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Such a super sleuth!!  I think the posters on this sight could unravel the Jimmy Hoffa case, lol.

My thought is Capt. Lee cooled down and Delores either apologized or was put on lockdown in her cabin till the end of the charter.

I wonder if Captain Lee will allow them to finish the charter but they will remain docked for the rest of the time. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Ugh this gets me to the core. We have a friend who would probably use this line... Mean while they didn't pay for squat and are the cheapest.

I hope someone makes a gif of that head turn of Capt. Lee That was so funny.  Also, I wish there was a book of Captain Lee'isms for all the quotes he throws out. 

I wonder if he will really "turn this yacht" around and kick them off. We know he has kicked off prior guests. 

Read his book.   He’s lived an interesting life.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

There's no way Lee is going to try to dock that boat at night.  Then what?  Not feed them the next day?  If anything, he'll wait until the morning, call to make sure there's space available, get everything ready and head out - they would lose a day of their trip at most. 

She's out of line and all but Lee will get over his ego and finish, then stand in the lineup at the end with his hand out like a good boy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

James would have jumped in but because Capt. Lee told D not to go in and she disobeyed orders James would have to wait for the directive to go in and get D.

All I could think was, if James goes in, then what? Is he going to try to wrestle her back onto the boat? Chase her around in the water? That just seemed like a dumb idea that Francesca didn't think out before telling him to do it. Capt was right.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:12 PM, Marvin said:

What I don't understand is why are the crew allowed to keep serving obviously drunk guests alcohol? In most bars, the severs have to refuse guests if they get too drunk because they are legally responsible for those guests.

Exactly. I think it was last season on BDM that there was a guest who came on the boat completely strung out on something and never straightened out. They were literally carrying her around, and I couldn't help but wonder why they weren't getting her medical attention. I can't remember exactly, but I think in the end they did. They were on the beach and she was clearly in distress. It made me uncomfortable that her friends were like, oh, that's just Susie, and the crew was kind of appalled/not-my-problem, and production was amused and exploiting it.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

There's no way Lee is going to try to dock that boat at night.  Then what?  N

I mean if he were actually serious there would be absolutely nothing preventing him from putting them on the tender or calling a water taxi. 

They also are very short distance from their port so they could easily be docked before anyone was awake in the morning. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/5/2021 at 11:21 AM, Lassus said:

I can see the night thing and the drunk thing without any issue, but the shark warning did seem a little weird.  Aren't they generally allowed to swim there anyhow? 

I think Capt. Lee was more concerned about the previous sharks. Some sharks see well and others don’t, but what they all have in common is that they love to gobble up bait fish and bait fish are attracted to those beautiful transom underwater lights on My Sienna. Delores may have been part of the Midnight Buffet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, aqusdealer said:

I think Capt. Lee was more concerned about the previous sharks. Some sharks see well and others don’t, but what they all have in common is that they love to gobble up bait fish and bait fish are attracted to those beautiful transom underwater lights on My Sienna. Delores may have been part of the Midnight Buffet.

She would be enough to feed half the sharks in that bay, and the poor fish would be drunk too.....

• LOL 12
14 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So I don't think Francesca has been hella rude to Elizabeth. I think she's actually addressed her in a pretty professional and mild manner considering.... Up until this episode that. Where she now has a stick up her ass about hearing what she heard. Whatever girl. Awkward sure but not grounds to take it out on her during work hours. Francesca stepped into petty territory with that reprimand to Elizabeth. 

I get it. Elizabeth is a complete waste of space as a stew but as others have noticed, she could be a little clearer and little more structured in her approach to the debacle that is Elizabeth. For her own sake actually. Francesca needs to suck it up and accept that she's saddled with a less than par underling and as Chief Stew she needs to figure out away to work with what she's been given. Instead she's getting more and more frustrated and in turn resentful. This leads to a mistaken mindset that tells her it's now okay to be rude dismissive and not so nice to Elizabeth.

Look, I get it. She creates more work and makes them look bad. But What does being mean accomplish? I can't stand that approach. Being an incompetent drain, while unfair and unfortunate doesn't mean that the logical course of action is to create even more disarray and disorder by introducing negative vibes and awkward energy to an already dismal predicament. 

My problem with Francesca, and mind you, I'm still on her side is that I don't want to see her start shifting into mean girl territory where all she does from here on out is snipe at Elizabeth, grumbles and gripes and starts raining down punishment. I don't think being disappointed and frustrated with someone's means that rudeness and nastiness are the automatic next course of action. Francesca looked like the type to keep stuff pretty even keeled at first so I was optimistic with how she would handle Elizabeth in the long run but now it seems like Francesca may be starting to use harsher approaches when dealing with Elizabeth which I don't think will be productive.

Totally do not agree with your opinion.

What is the TERRIBLE mistake Elizabeth has made? Come on now...bringing not enough Champagne bottles to the beach or forgetting to put down one set of party lighting is NOT a BIG deal at all.

The problem would be if Elizabeth was lazy or not behaving nice all the time and this is clearly not the case.

Elizabeth is WORKING and people do make mistakes. Elizabeth is still young and also learning. A Chief stew like Francesca is only talking down on her and NEVER told her anything nice. You have only 8 guests on board and 3 stewardesses, 1 cook and 4 deck hands , what is Francesca talking about? I could do it alone by myself....

For me Elizabeth is one of the kindest and hard working persons I have seen. Her smile and behaviour is genuine and from the heart while Francesca is all staged and false.

• LOL 2

Elizabeth is an airhead. Either she does not listen to what she is being asked to do or she forgets what she is supposed to do. Francesca can not depend on this dip shit.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 19

Elizabeth giggling and smiling to anyone she sees until they ask her "what?" And she *confesses* about her and James because she just *had to* is one of the most annoying behaviors I've seen on this show by  a crew member.  It's sort of brief but it's immature as all. James will get away from her pretty fast, I think. Yes he's a "fu** boi" but still- Elizabeth is too old to act that way. And she looks her age,  too- not for nothing. The cutesy baby talking voice isn't helping her out. Rachel is right, James flirted with them all & went for the weakest link. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 17
19 hours ago, meep.meep said:

You have someone drunk enough to be just about ready to vomit dive into the ocean where the crew was watching sharks circling the lights - I think she was in need of immediate rescue.

On a previous season one of the deckhands (Ashton) was dragged into the water by a line, and another deckhand (Rhylee ?) was read the riot act by Capt. Lee for only saying Man Overboard once.

I think things would have gone down differently if Delores weren’t clearly a strong swimmer in no distress.  I think the Ashton situation was on a whole other scale. Ashton was pulled into the water while being tied to a rope that would have, if not for a quick-thinking camera man, ripped off his foot. 

• Love 6
On 1/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

me, too!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Milan said:

What is the TERRIBLE mistake Elizabeth has made? Come on now...bringing not enough Champagne bottles to the beach or forgetting to put down one set of party lighting is NOT a BIG deal at all.

The problem would be if Elizabeth was lazy or not behaving nice all the time and this is clearly not the case.

Elizabeth is WORKING and people do make mistakes. Elizabeth is still young and also learning. A Chief stew like Francesca is only talking down on her and NEVER told her anything nice. You have only 8 guests on board and 3 stewardesses, 1 cook and 4 deck hands , what is Francesca talking about? I could do it alone by myself....

For me Elizabeth is one of the kindest and hard working persons I have seen. Her smile and behaviour is genuine and from the heart while Francesca is all staged and false.

The terrible mistake that Elizabeth has made is that she's not dependable AT ALL.  When you only have 3 stews, you need to do your part.  They can't rely on Elizabeth and the work falls back on Francesca and Ashling.

If this were some other sort of job, Elizabeth would be fired because she's not completing her work.  Is she working?  Yes.  But she's not accomplishing the tasks and other people have to pick up her slack.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Milan said:

What is the TERRIBLE mistake Elizabeth has made? Co

Gassing the crew is a pretty terrible mistake. 

But repeatedly fucking up basic direct orders is also bad when you apparently have five years experience.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Milan said:

Well I never said that Elizabeth was the worst person on earth or anything and I don't find Elizabeth to be a terrible person. She's pretty likeable in a vapid kind of way. I was just saying that I don't think Francesca has addressed her unprofessionally up until the recent episode where she let her hurt ego drive the way she chose to communicate her disappointment. I'm also not a fan of where it looks like she may be headed if she stays in this direction (mean girl) But Let's face it Elizabeth is not good at her job. Her self centeredness is affecting her ability to be better and accomplish what needs to be done because she's putting too much focus on how's she's not being coddled and handheld. She complains and seeks sympathy by playing victim ALL THE TIME which only adds to the already present negativity .

Her brand of "fairness" is for Francesca to be jolly and sweet and that she hides her displeasure about Elizabeth's undone work and mistakes. Well ain't that special? I get wanting to be treated respectfully and I don't agree with being unkind but Elizabeth expects a little too much with regards to how her delicate sensitivities should be protected. I'm all about having good and inclusive vibes when managing a team. Don't like dismissive, "get it done" rude "go, go, go" mentalities with no regard to the people you're dealing with but at the same time I do understand, appreciate and RESPECT that there's a level of urgency, strictness and no nonsense that comes with the territory.  I feel like Elizabeth is only concerned with nurturing her energy, her vibes and her comfort even if it comes at the expense of a job well done, which, to be honest, is her prerogative but for her to act like her teammates and her supervisor should adopt the same philosophy in order to keep her chakras aligned is where she gets a bit under the skin for me.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Elizabeth giggling and smiling to anyone she sees until they ask her "what?" And she *confesses* about her and James because she just *had to* is one of the most annoying behaviors I've seen on this show by  a crew member.  It's sort of brief but it's immature as all. James will get away from her pretty fast, I think. Yes he's a "fu** boi" but still- Elizabeth is too old to act that way. And she looks her age,  too- not for nothing. The cutesy baby talking voice isn't helping her out. Rachel is right, James flirted with them all & went for the weakest link. 

Standard operating procedure. LOL!

And so what? What's it to them? Not for nothing I find James rather sweet and harmless. The perfect fuck boi if you ask me. Not too aggressive, go with the flow, not rude or vulgar, seems caring enough and seems like a decent and kind human being overall. I mean he's rather pleasant. Considering the disgusting lot of men that have been paraded on all branches of this franchise this seems to be the best lot of guys I've seen in a long time. We may get an okay one here and there (aka Collin) but usually completely overshadowed by the scumbags they manage to cast along side them. I'm very pleased with the rather decent lot they managed to find this time around. And yes I include Eddie in that observation because regardless of the complete debacle that was the Rocky situation I never thought he was out of line. I think they both mishandled that situation and I found them both at fault with going through with a bad idea. So yeah, I think this lot of guys have turned out to be a refreshing change from the TRIGGER Warnings they've managed to cast in the past. At least so far. Hope that doesn't change. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Delores has no friends to view

According to her multiple likes, Delores considers herself quite the world traveler. If she is, it is contrary to the behavior she exhibited on this episode. One would think she would be more refined being a seasoned traveler. The way she acted made it look like this was her first trip out her zipcode . . . ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

According to her multiple likes, Delores considers herself quite the world traveler. If she is, it is contrary to the behavior she exhibited on this episode. One would think she would be more refined being a seasoned traveler. The way she acted made it look like this was her first trip out her zipcode . . . ever.

I have been fortunate to travel a lot and I have seen a lot of similar behavior (not only from Americans) from people who are also well traveled. Assholes are assholes even if they have been assholes other places.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Assholes are assholes even if they have been assholes other places.

True. Add that it was being filmed for broadcast, her assholeness became upgraded to include entitled arrogance and stupid. I've been fortunate as well to travel a lot. Also fortunate to not be around people like Delores.

• Love 2