Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Chapter Thirty-One: The Weird

• Start Topic

I wondered why Wardwell didn't have a Cesarean section at a hospital, but I guess the pain of natural childbirth is important to these Witches. Sabrina chose to have a C-section.

Not nearly enough tentacles in this episode and Sabrina should have changed more, maybe grow some small tentacles around her mouth while she was kissing the boy. More singing, no thanks. I am starting to get annoyed by all the Witches choreographed chanting, the repetition of a single phrase seems to go on for way too long.

I am disappointed I didn't see the creature come out of Sabrina's mouth, although that wasn't where I was expecting it to come out of.

More "body horror" with Roz's "third eye".

I wondered what the extreme close-ups of Sabrina drinking water were for, I guess they tied in with the story. I thought the the huge glass she drank from with two hands turning into a small glass she was holding with one hand might have been some of the "weird" that was supposed to be occurring in this episode. If anybody spotted anything "weird" occurring, please point it out to me.

Caliban seems to be very alone plotting in the throne room in Hell for some reason, where is Lucifer and Hellbrina, shouldn't Caliban be on his honeymoon?

My favourite detail is how randomly Ms. Wardwell was wedged into Blackwood's cult, and how, for all intents and purposes, she's just a normal woman who's suddenly down with handing the world over to monsters. Why would she not move away from this town?

10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Caliban seems to be very alone plotting in the throne room in Hell for some reason, where is Lucifer and Hellbrina, shouldn't Caliban be on his honeymoon?

I think one of the random hell kings said they went on a tour of the nine circles.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ouch, you know things got freaky when you transfer schools to Riverdale because it seems less crazy. 

Good call on the pulling the plug on the sexy Doll Sabrina, that was only going to get weird. 

Even more body horror than usual with this one, those tentacles in Sabrina's body was just...ugh. 

• Love 1

Nick’s a good singer. They harmonized nicely. Did we have some prior knowledge of Nick liking Sound of Music or can we just assume he watched it ‘cause Sabrina made him?

Don’t think that’s the end of her DIY boyfriend. Maybe he’ll team up with Sabrina Morningstar’s dastardly clay husband.

• Love 1

I've always hated what a bossy bitch Zelda is to Hilda so I loved that getting married not only got Hilda out from under Zelda's thumb but gave her the courage not to cave in when Zelda claimed that she needed her to come home because she couldn't find her lighter or newspaper (both of which were sitting on the table where Hilda told Sabrina and Ambrose to leave them). I usually give this brief but pointed lecture to tv characters who are 20 somethings, but GROW THE FUCK UP, ZELDA! You are an adult who is running a school so you should be able to manage getting your own lighter, newspaper, and coffee without assistance FFS!

• Love 2

Although Lilith has done some questionable things in the past, I felt for her when Caliban did his spell on her and the baby. I mean, yes, it would be literal devil's spawn but putting her through so much pain just so his selfish quest to become king wouldn't be threatened was pretty fucked up. But I liked that Zelda and the coven used their power to show that coming together to support her and share her pain collectively could help her.

I was surprised that Zelda was willing to reveal her hand so soon and risk going to war with Lucifer by giving sanctuary to Lilith though. I thought that Zelda's girl power stuff would only go so far and that she would tell Lilith that her first priority was protecting the coven.

Lucas wasn't doing anything for me, but I still felt bad for Sabrina when he ran out because of her weird octopus tongue.

After she coughed up the octopus, I was yelling, "KILL IT!" I know Ambrose wanted to dissect it but seriously, this is one of the Eldritch terrors and you're just going to leave it in a bucket and ASSUME that it's dead? At least put it in a tupperware container or something with a lock! And don't leave it unattended! I know these kids have seen horror movies so there's no excuse, damn it.

When the weird announced that everyone would be assimilated, I was waiting for the Borg to show up. Then it started talking about the collective and I was like damn, this really IS the octopus Borg!

Hahaha, when Sabrina's bio teacher said that Lucas had transferred to Riverdale, I thought welp, have fun getting murdered, new guy!

I'm guessing that seeing part of Sabrina's man doll go down the drain will have consequences. I was mostly concerned with her clogging up the plumbing.

I'm always down for a Sound of Music singalong so thanks to Nick and Sabrina!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

After she coughed up the octopus, I was yelling, "KILL IT!" I know Ambrose wanted to dissect it but seriously, this is one of the Eldritch terrors and you're just going to leave it in a bucket and ASSUME that it's dead? At least put it in a tupperware container or something with a lock! And don't leave it unattended! I know these kids have seen horror movies so there's no excuse, damn it.

I expect that level of carelessness from Sabrina, since she just assumes everything will always work out for her (because she apparently knows the show is named after her), but I expect more from Ambrose. Seriously. As you say, they have seen horror movies. The creepy monster always comes back from the dead at the end. Always. Cut off it's head, lock it away, dissect it immediately but do not, under any circumstances, even after doing those things, do not assume it won't come back for one or two last attempts on your life. 

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When the weird announced that everyone would be assimilated, I was waiting for the Borg to show up. Then it started talking about the collective and I was like damn, this really IS the octopus Borg!

I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have noticed if Sabrina's mortal pals had been assimilated. Oh wait, they might then have personalities, so maybe I would have noticed. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The creepy monster always comes back from the dead at the end. Always. Cut off it's head, lock it away, dissect it immediately but do not, under any circumstances, even after doing those things, do not assume it won't come back for one or two last attempts on your life.

After watching multiple shows with demons, vampires, and other assorted monsters, I am not satisfied when a creepy crawly is "killed." I need you to cut the body into multiple pieces, burn them, and then bury the ashes in at least four different locations (preferably on separate continents). Anyone who doesn't is just asking for that thing to come back and attack them again!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I am not satisfied when a creepy crawly is "killed." I need you to cut the body into multiple pieces, burn them, and then bury the ashes in at least four different locations (preferably on separate continents). Anyone who doesn't is just asking for that thing to come back and attack them again!

That is totally my approach when killing unidentified bugs in my home. Not spiders, I like spiders, but I found this armored beetle like thing, squashed it. Then stood on the squashed bits. Then waterboarded it for a bit before flushing it down the toilet. Then, for the next several days, did not sit on said toilet without making damned sure that little bugger didn't crawl it's way back up the pipes and into the bowl where it laid in wait for me to poop. It was too small to split the body up into pieces though. 

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That is totally my approach when killing unidentified bugs in my home. Not spiders, I like spiders, but I found this armored beetle like thing, squashed it. Then stood on the squashed bits. Then waterboarded it for a bit before flushing it down the toilet. Then, for the next several days, did not sit on said toilet without making damned sure that little bugger didn't crawl it's way back up the pipes and into the bowl where it laid in wait for me to poop. It was too small to split the body up into pieces though. 

I fully understand!

• Love 1