Type keyword(s) to search

Seen on the Promenade: Cast in Other Roles

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

They are all very beautiful, but Nicola was the only one who was even vaguely on theme? I know the designers sponsor them and they have not much say in what they are wearing, but IMO both LV and Moschino could have put in some effort...

• Love 4

From Deadline, Jonathan Bailey will play Felicity Jones' boyfriend in a movie called Maria:

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and On The Basis Of Sex actress Jones will star in the title role as a young woman with a history of running from reality. Struggling to accept her age, her boyfriend’s love and her father’s indifference, Maria spots an opportunity to feel young, free and desirable at her father’s wedding, where she meets Raffy, her new stepbrother. Their obvious, if inconvenient, sexual chemistry is made worse by the news that her father has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Ben Miller is also in another quirky detective show on PBS the title of which is escaping me at this time (and yes, as another poster noted, he was the best detective on Death in Paradise...).

You might be thinking of the British version of Professor T.

• Useful 1

Having watched The Gray Man and the trailer for that D&D movie just now,  I can really see why RJP didn't return to Bridgerton after the first season! He's getting significant roles in blockbuster movies off the back of his time on Bridgerton. His role as leading man on this show was done anyway, and had he waited another year or two, the buzz about him might very well have died down, as Hollywood seems to run on passing trends. This is all to say: Look at Regé-Jean! He's doing great!

Edited by Kirsty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

He also had to make this decision as the pandemic was raging and shutdowns were much more frequent and strict. Bailey and Ashley seem to now have negotiated deals where they can film other stuff alongside their Bridgerton parts. It wasn't clear that something like that would be possible when RJP opted not to return for the second season.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 8/16/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kirsty said:

Having watched The Gray Man and the trailer for that D&D movie just now,  I can really see why RJP didn't return to Bridgerton after the first season! He's getting significant roles in blockbuster movies off the back of his time on Bridgerton. His role as leading man on this show was done anyway, and had he waited another year or two, the buzz about him might very well have died down, as Hollywood seems to run on passing trends. This is all to say: Look at Regé-Jean! He's doing great!

They also didn’t want to pay him what he wanted for another season. If they had come together on a price, he might have been able to do both. 

But I knew Regé was going places in 2016 when he portrayed Chicken George in the 2016 Roots remake (far better than the 1970s mini series in my opinion). He had the talent and he had the good looks, he just needed more mainstream exposure. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2022 at 9:45 AM, Scarlett45 said:

They also didn’t want to pay him what he wanted for another season. If they had come together on a price, he might have been able to do both. 

But I knew Regé was going places in 2016 when he portrayed Chicken George in the 2016 Roots remake (far better than the 1970s mini series in my opinion). He had the talent and he had the good looks, he just needed more mainstream exposure. 

OMG, he was amazing in that role.

tumblr_o88myzYJrD1qfxsjco4_250.gifv

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

OMG, he was amazing in that role.

tumblr_o88myzYJrD1qfxsjco4_250.gifv

God he was. While I enjoyed Roots as a novel very much (the 1970s series less so), I always thought Alex Hailey wrote better for men. His female characters were a tad flat-the 2016 remake fixed that, but did let the male characters shine, Chicken George is one of the most emotionally complex black male characters in fiction. He is allowed to portray a range of emotions black male characters are rarely allowed to portray.

image.png.d07f9ca1466f52e5b7685e7162fe5d28.png

When he tells Kizzy "I know he's my Daddy, LOOK AT ME!" my fucking heart just BROKE in my chest. And then when he is loaned out to the British guy and to pay Tom Lee's debt, and he is dragged away from his family, last but certainly not least, when he finds out where the family has been sold and shows up, after all these years and Matilda says "That's my husband"(I tried to find a Gif of that but I couldn't). 

Rege actually looks like Johathan Rhys Myers (excellent bit of casting there).

image.png.b4369b8affd8997c213502f9c6fb658c.png

Rege can do a LOT even with a not strong scene partner. Phoebe is not "bad" but she was one of the weaker parts of Season 1. And now without Rege, I am not sure she is going to get more to do in Season 3. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I did not know he could sing!!!

I always longed for Jeremy Jordan to get the part, but I know he will do an excellent job.

JB is a prolific musical theater actor, winning an Olivier Award for his role in Stephen Sondheim's Company. For your viewing pleasure, JB's audition for The London production of The Last Five Years. I have watched this an embarrassing number of times. 

The irony is that Jeremy Jordan did get cast in the movie version of The Last Five Years. They do kind of share a vibe.

Edited by Jane Tuesday
  • Love 5

Just learned that Bailey has been cast in Wicked which has apparently started filming?

He's also in Fellow Travelers which is filming till December. I am guessing he is just doing cameos in Bridgerton at this point.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, SonofaBiscuit said:

From Deadline, Jonathan Bailey will play Felicity Jones' boyfriend in a movie called Maria:

I wonder if this is still happening...

• Useful 2

I'm thrilled for JB, his stellar work is paying off. I hope he can keep on doing supporting work for Bridgerton since Anthony is the eldest brother and head of household. I also thought that Kate still has ways to go until she has a healthy self image that is not swallowed by duty and martyrdom. I'd hoped to see Anthony support her in letting go of that, so fingers crossed that his schedule pans out for that.

OTOH standing around in the background at balls is not worth it if any of the cast has better opportunities, so I understand.

• Like 4
  • Love 3