Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Group B Premiere - New Year, New Mask! (Who Dis?)

• Start Topic

I'm enjoying this so far, but I only started watching Masked Singer on New Years so I'm not a Masked expert. 

For this bunch, I'm a bit disappointed Ice Cube was the first to get the boot; but the clues were quite obvious. I was expecting maybe Zebra or Moth to get the boot really. 

Moth feels like a very political person. I know it's extremely unlikely but I almost felt she could be Michelle Obama; but the security requirements for her appearance in this day and age would be extreme, even for this show. That said, I'm almost getting Hillary vibes too (especially with the reaction to being thought of as Monica). I doubt they'd get a First Lady regardless, but it would be a bonanza if they could. 

6 hours ago, Taeolas said:

especially with the reaction to being thought of as Monica

I was thinking of Monica, based on the "involved with a president which then was negative", but her reaction to them saying she was Monica made me change my mind.  Then whoever said Marla Maples is a good guess as she would fit that clue as well.  

• Love 1

I initially thought the Moth was Monica Lewinsky but I recall her being more petite and the Moth seemed pretty tall. According to the internet (so take it all with a grain of salt), Omarosa is 5'10" and Monica Lewinsky is 5'6" so now I'm leaning towards Omarosa. I'll have to take another look at how much height the head of the costume added.

I already guessed that the best dancer of the night was Julianne Hough based solely upon the clues. She said she went to live with another family, they showed a picture of an English breakfast, and there was a picture of a wizard hat and all of that lines up with Julianne and Derek going to live with the Ballas family in London when she was 10 (and because I watch DWTS I knew that she and Derek were extras in the first Harry Potter movie).

• Love 3
On 1/8/2021 at 6:23 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I already guessed that the best dancer of the night was Julianne Hough based solely upon the clues. She said she went to live with another family, they showed a picture of an English breakfast, and there was a picture of a wizard hat and all of that lines up with Julianne and Derek going to live with the Ballas family in London when she was 10 (and because I watch DWTS I knew that she and Derek were extras in the first Harry Potter movie).

I'd say she's a bit of a ringer for this show... but Patti LaBelle didn't even make the finals on Masked Singer, so there is no such thing as a ringer. It's always about how hard they are to guess. 

On 1/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, Taeolas said:

Moth feels like a very political person. I know it's extremely unlikely but I almost felt she could be Michelle Obama;

Plus, Forever FLOTUS is so muscular, her body would be quite easy to guess. Seeing her "in person" on her book tour, she has a unique pear shape, and also, she dances much better than Moth.

36 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I'd say she's a bit of a ringer for this show... but Patti LaBelle didn't even make the finals on Masked Singer, so there is no such thing as a ringer. It's always about how hard they are to guess. 

Plus, Forever FLOTUS is so muscular, her body would be quite easy to guess. Seeing her "in person" on her book tour, she has a unique pear shape, and also, she dances much better than Moth.

Yes, ringers don't matter for this show or MS.  Sometimes, the audience wants to be entertained so pure vocals on MS won't necessarily make you the winner.  I do agree that cotton candy is Julianne Hough.  The clues match.

I think the moth is Marla Maples.  She's very lean.  Monica lost weight but she still has a bigger build.  Like you mentioned, Michelle is muscular.  Plus, Marla did DWTS so she would be willing to do another reality show.

Being on DWTS was also the reason why I was able to guess Bill Nye.  Also, I remembered that he and his wife do salsa dancing for fun.  Ice cube did a little of that and it did look like an older person doing salsa for enjoyment.  The science clues also helped.

I think the sloth is Neil Patrick Harris.  He was Doogie Howser M.D. and he was a guest on Glee.  He's also done Broadway.  Sloth was also funny but coordinated so that would match him.

Don't know who the zebra is.  Maybe, it's Ricky Martin because of the comeback clue.  But I thought Ricky was a better Latin dancer.  But it's also hard to tell with the zebra outfit.

Overall, I think this group was better than Group A especially after Bill was gone.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I think the sloth is Neil Patrick Harris.  He was Doogie Howser M.D. and he was a guest on Glee.  He's also done Broadway.  Sloth was also funny but coordinated so that would match him.

I agree that NPH is likely for the sloth. The clues you mentioned add up and he's coordinated (I saw him when he was in Rent a million years ago!). And I agree that as a group, this week's episode had better dancers.

The zebra did very little dancing. It was a lot of posing and then half hearted partner dancing. I don't think that even a big clunky costume would hinder Ricky Martin's natural dance ability, but I also wondered if whoever was in that costume was downplaying their dance skills. The choreography seemed really simple.

On 1/9/2021 at 3:36 PM, realdancemom said:

I think it's Maks from DWTS. Accident when he was young, Glee toothpaste (Heather Morris), D.R. on the name tags (Denise Richards), red Solo cup (Hope Solo), Mickey Mouse reference, the voice and accent when he said Broadway.

14 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I think it's Maks from DWTS. Accident when he was young, Glee toothpaste (Heather Morris), D.R. on the name tags (Denise Richards), red Solo cup (Hope Solo), Mickey Mouse reference, the voice and accent when he said Broadway.

I didn't know he was paired with Denise Richards since I started watching DWTS when Nicole S. and Evan was on.  I'm not really good with clues.  On MS, I'm like Nicole where I can guess certain singers base on their voice.  I see how the clues match with what you said.  I don't remember the sloth doing any ballroom dancing so it's difficult to determine based on that.  Once he does that, then I definitely expect him to dance really well.

• Love 1
On 1/11/2021 at 11:14 PM, Toonces464 said:

I agree with you.  Since you mentioned this, I watched the sloth move.  Even when he was messing around, it fit how Maks moved.  The clue about moving to another country helped too.  Sloth is also tall.

• Love 1