Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Sink or Swim

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, TattooFan said:

I went to Iceland in January, and everyone going to public swimming pools or geothermal pools like the Blue Lagoon is required to shower naked in communal showers before entering the pools.  

Ohhh... I was planning a trip to Iceland this fall but got sidelined by COVID and then my mom's health issues. Maybe next year.

You have to bathe before getting in the hot springs in Japan too. And Whitney was in Korea where they have a similar bathing culture. How she would end up so gross is pretty disgusting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Compare & contrast, if you will: 

One chubby girl dressing appropriately, flattering outfit, normal clothes.  

vs one morbidly obese chick wearing the skimpiest most unflattering outfits, purposely exposing every inch herself. Ugh.

BTW I think Brittney may just be another hired member of the crew, they'll make it look at though Buddy has to choose between her & his "boss", so we know how this will end 

• Love 10

Barfaroni. Ugh.  That's another hour of my life I'll never get back!  I think I know what my New Year's resolution is.... STOP wasting time watching this shitshow!

I'll stop watching but I'll NEVER stop reading about it with all your hilarious commentary!

So.... Happy 2021 peeps!  There's sooo much I'm looking forward to doing again!  I could NOT have made it thru all this without you guys. Truly.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Warning - I'm mentally and physically shredded tonight because we just brought my mother home to start hospice care. I'm angry enough at the universe that I will happily take my frustrations out on that self-entitled heifer. Mom hates Whitney so I feel like leveling a double-dose of snark in her honor.

So sorry Hana. Been there done that with my late DH. He passed at home in my arms. I was broken for a long time but it was the right thing to do for him. You will feel the same in time with your mom. Prayers for you and your family. ((((Hana))))

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

BTW I think Brittney may just be another hired member of the crew, they'll make it look at though Buddy has to choose between her & his "boss", so we know how this will end 

I agree. At one point Buddy posted something on SM about his new girlfriend. It disappeared almost immediately because it wasn’t this girl. He only started posting girlfriend photos again after the filming ended. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

And sometimes there is a someone seated at a desk with a view of all the showers to insure that you are truly without clothes when showering.

Ashley showed a side of her we haven't seen before. "Don't you think you come off as being douchey?" to Ryan. And to Whitney "You haven't made any new friends in Greensboro either".

Twit was a little overly aggressive when she yanked Buddy's head back while taking over the clippers.

I had repressed the shower nakedness monitors!  🤪

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Tal must really need money.  He's really pouring it on thick about wanting Whitless back in Greensboro.  He wants his paycheck but isn't liking having to drive to get it.  Lol!

NitWhitney's passive aggressive bullshit aggravates the crap out of me.  Saying "when you break up" to Buddy's girlfriend was pretty f'd up.  She knows damned well Brittany said "When our relationship is older" and not "over".  She's so jealous it's pathetic. 

And why again is Buddy shaving his head?  And why outside?  He shaved his beard outside in the last episode.  Is this some pandemic thing I haven't heard about?  Makes me think he has lice or something. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

No one else felt the need to remove their bathing suits so I don’t know why Twit did.  I don’t understand why all of her friends are so obnoxious to Ryan - he seems perfectly fine with them until they start getting bitchy ( and Tal, what is YOUR problem with him?) if anyone should be resentful of him it should be Todd. She abandoned their dance classes to move to Charlotte & on the show HE was the sarcastic voice of reason before Ryan came along.. I have to give poor Brittney props for putting up with all the crap that Twit put her through. She can be very hateful when she is jealous but  she doesn’t remember how bitchy she was with Buddy when he & Chase were in the same room.  Whenever Twit is jealous or uncomfortable she starts talking a mile a minute. What is this shit about the only disposable person in the business was Ryan.?All she gave him was the name ( and the TV exposure) but she does nothing physical herself, and she frequently holds him back.  Do I think he  took advantage of her  platform? Absolutely, but if any money was earned in the business it was because of his hard work. He gave her 2 seasons worth of story lines & a love interest. How many times could we be watching Whit & her friends laying around her living room & eating?    By the way, what is this Whitney pep squad? She does nothing to earn all this devotion in my estimation and I appreciate that Ryan doesn’t take any “BS” ( pun intended) from her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

So she admits that that she can do No BS Active from anywhere, yet refused to even consider moving to Wilmington with her "fiance". 

Sure, Jan. 😘

And the barnacles accusing RYAN of riding her coattails? Pots, meet kettle. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Tal: We want Whitney to move back to Greensboro. 

Ryan: You hardly ever saw her in Greensboro!

I will never stop loving truth teller Ryan.

Was Whit taking her top off in that muddy looking lake supposed to be for shock value? Ohhhhhh TLC you are so daring! It didn't work. 

They could not possibly milk another season out of this boring trainwreck, could they? 

• Love 19

Ryan: "Campell's got...about to get married".

After Whitney's quite obvious flirtation with Campell, Ryan came to his friend's rescue. It seemed like he was starting out to say "he's got a gf", then played it safe by changing it to "about to get married", after which Whitney's demeanor changed considerably.

It's anybody's guess whether Campell indeed has any SO or is free as a bird and is he aware of the huge favor his friend did for him.

Edited by Jenny8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

I just can't with the masks outside.  They were all sitting or laying on the lawn (other than Whitney as it must be difficult to get a crane down that hill to get her back up) outside more than 6 feet away wearing masks.  When did fresh air because bad for you?  But in the water no one wore masks and were floating within 6 feet of each other.........sheesh.  Tal busting Ryan's chops about his mask habits.

Whitney could not hide the jealousy for Brittney.  She wants Buddy when it suits  her but heaven forbid he have a relationship that does not include her.  The hypocrisy that is Whitney is staggering.  When she had Chase, Buddy was a pain in her ass and too touchy feely.  And she made sure she voiced that and corrected Buddy in front of the Whitney squad.   Chase  dumps her and who comes and helps her through her heartache?  Buddy.  She really is a horrible person.

• Love 21

I don't believe for a second Whitney is that diligent about mask-wearing when cameras aren't rolling.  And they were all really laying it on thick.  I'm shocked Tal didn't lecture how it was "perfectly easy" to wear a mask while showering.  Shut up, Tal.

Also, Whitney's passive-aggressive jealously over Brittany was horrible.  She makes everything so awkward.

• Love 12

Did anyone else think it was weird that Whitney was napping during part of the episode?  I can't help but be a little surprised at how sedentary she is this season.  She used to have something physical going on so we all knew how "fit" she is, but this season she barely moves.  In most scenes she's sitting down and if she gets up at all she sits down as soon as possible.  If she doesn't make some kind of serious change she's just going to get weaker and larger. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Did anyone else think it was weird that Whitney was napping during part of the episode?  I can't help but be a little surprised at how sedentary she is this season.  She used to have something physical going on so we all knew how "fit" she is, but this season she barely moves.  In most scenes she's sitting down and if she gets up at all she sits down as soon as possible.  If she doesn't make some kind of serious change she's just going to get weaker and larger. 

Well, ya know,  the ER doc told her to avoid  physical activity because  anxiety.  🙄

• LOL 19
Just now, Colleenna said:

Well, ya know,  the ER doc told her to avoid  physical activity because  anxiety.

The world: "When I'm anxious, getting up and moving and getting out of my head do me a world of good."

Whitney: "I had an anxiety attack and therefore must sit on the couch and stew while my man-servant brings me sandwiches."

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Twit was a little overly aggressive when she yanked Buddy's head back while taking over the clippers.

I saw that as well. Not sure if it was to try and reel Buddy back under her command or to show the girlfriend that she is in charge. She is an absolute pig, plain and simple. Who goes skinny dipping in a public lake in daylight no less, and when a new person whom she never met comes and announces she peed. She was absolutely jealous of Buddy's 10 day girlfriend and she once again showed me what a complete asswipe she is (although she can't wipe her own ass) I don't blame Ryan one bit for cutting this bunch of idiots loose.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

I was exhausted last night and need to watch this episode again, but a few random thoughts that floated through my head during the first watch...

"Well, at least this time she's wearing a mask as she lumbers into the kitchen."

"Buddy's 'girlfriend' knew to bring some sort of food with her to get into Whitney's good graces." 

"Oh for the love of gawd, why is this asshole taking off her bathing suit again???"

"Of course she's pissed in the water.  It's probably been a nonstop flow since she floundered her way into the water."

"Oh great, the asshole is drinking...which means she's pissing more."

"Is that Marshall Applewhite?  Does ID Discovery have a Heaven's Gate program coming out?"  (False alarm, just Tal in that dreadful blue shirt).

"Look at Ryan earning that TLC paycheck like a champ.  Don't let them shame you, Ryan.  We know who was doing the heavy lifting in that arrangement, and it surely was not Whitney."

"Look at everyone clutching their White Claw drinks trying to hide the label.  Hell, no self-respecting company would want their product seemingly endorsed by this collection of assholes."

"I love Brittany's bathing suit and cover.  Now if only Whitney would find a cute suit and KEEP IT THE FUCK ON."

"Oh damn, Whitney appears to be eating a sugar-free Jell-O.  Now that's a first.  I want to her to do a fingerstick on camera.  My money says that heifer has rolled over (pun intended) into full-blown diabetes."  

And that's pretty much all I absorbed tonight.  I'll give it another go around tonight and, of course, read all of the delightful snark here.  Time to fully caffeinate and face the day.  ❤️

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14

Ryan has brought in so many friends for a little bit of TLC money but is this Campbell the same "Cam" in the T'giving  shirtless incident? Not sure if she would have recognized him since she was inebriated then, but, kind of strange that both of Ryan's friends are Cams. This is beyond ridic... oh wait...no dick.

Edited by Me from ME
Additional thought
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

"Is that Marshall Applewhite?  Does ID Discovery have a Heaven's Gate program coming out?"  (False alarm, just Tal in that dreadful blue shirt).

LOTFRMAO! I just had Coke Zero up my nose over that!

38 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

"Look at Ryan earning that TLC paycheck like a champ.  Don't let them shame you, Ryan.  We know who was doing the heavy lifting in that arrangement, and it surely was not Whitney."

Ryan seemed to be happily unbothered by this whole thing. He was scripted to show up, stir up a bit of shit and aggravate Whitney's enablers before returning to his real life and a career that has nothing to do with the 350lb anchor he's been dragging around.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

"I love Brittany's bathing suit and cover.  Now if only Whitney would find a cute suit and KEEP IT THE FUCK ON."

I remember back in the day (before I had my breast reduction and brought my oversized chest from a 42FFF to a more normal 38D) when I could not find any kind of bathing suit that fit. I swam most of the time in a tank top and shorts (so I could wear a bra underneath). Thankfully they do make nice suits now in very large sizes. This one might actually look nice on Whitney (if she actually wore it instead of stripping down the instant her bits got damp).

image.png.367db22da800dd773e371ecf9bf300f3.png

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Ryan seemed to be happily unbothered by this whole thing. He was scripted to show up, stir up a bit of shit and aggravate Whitney's enablers before returning to his real life and a career that has nothing to do with the 350lb anchor he's been dragging around.

I'm glad I could make you laugh ❤️  

I was always pretty much indifferent about Ryan until a couple of episodes ago when he showed up at Whitney's back door.  That whole encounter and his bye-bye to her made me really warm up to him.  Too bad his IQ is probably equal to the collective IQ of the barnacles so most of his snark and sarcasm sails right over their empty little noggins.  😂

I really wanted someone to yell "SHARK!" when they were in that lake.  Not that there could be a shark in that lake, but I would have had a jolly good time watching ignorant Whitney trying to hurry her naked ass out of the water and onto "shore"...because I totally believe she's dumb enough to have fallen for it.  🦈

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Hana Chan said:

This one might actually look nice on Whitney (if she actually wore it instead of stripping down the instant her bits got damp).

Speaking of damp bits, this is a little thing (and was no doubt scripted), but when Ashley went outside to talk to Ryan she said she was cold because she was "sitting around in wet clothes" and I was like "you're sitting on the fabric couch in a wet suit?  Are you an animal????"

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I remember back in the day (before I had my breast reduction and brought my oversized chest from a 42FFF to a more normal 38D) when I could not find any kind of bathing suit that fit. I swam most of the time in a tank top and shorts (so I could wear a bra underneath). Thankfully they do make nice suits now in very large sizes. This one might actually look nice on Whitney (if she actually wore it instead of stripping down the instant her bits got damp).

image.png.7626ce1835c7a546089da8b6c6acb4e6.png

That suit is adorable.  

It would be totally wasted on fat-ass skinny dipping, exhibitionistic Whitney.  

Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of damp bits, this is a little thing (and was no doubt scripted), but when Ashley went outside to talk to Ryan she said she was cold because she was "sitting around in wet clothes" and I was like "you're sitting on the fabric couch in a wet suit?  Are you an animal????"

I wondered the same thing.  Change into dry clothes, you dimwit.  Ugh.

Also I figured she had a sunburn.  Whenever I've had a sunburn, I get really cold when I get back into a normal temperature.  

As I posted above, these people are definitely not candidates for Mensa.  

• LOL 6
13 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I agree about Ryan. I think he is, or was, angry that Whitney dumped NoBsActive after he put so much work into it. He really had no reason to expect that since the relationship was fake so why would Whit dump her business because of Chase. Hell, why would she dump it even if the relationship had been real? But now he seems to be really enjoying stirring up shit on the show and posting ‘living well is the best revenge’ type posts on SM. I loved he SM post toasting ‘haters’ with champagne and his girlfriend. 

With both Ashley and Buddy having moments of snarking at Whitney and saying things we’ve all be thinking this season, I can’t help but wonder if they are jealous that Ryan gets to stand up to her on camera more than they do. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree about Ryan. I think he is, or was, angry that Whitney dumped NoBsActive after he put so much work into it. He really had no reason to expect that since the relationship was fake so why would Whit dump her business because of Chase. Hell, why would she dump it even if the relationship had been real? But now he seems to be really enjoying stirring up shit on the show and posting ‘living well is the best revenge’ type posts on SM. I loved he SM post toasting ‘haters’ with champagne and his girlfriend. 

With both Ashley and Buddy having moments of snarking at Whitney and saying things we’ve all be thinking this season, I can’t help but wonder if they are jealous that Ryan gets to stand up to her on camera more than they do. 

Honestly, If I were Ryan I would be pissed too. I mean I pretty much can guarantee it was his idea to start the videos, he spent the time to create the workouts and fat blob Whitney just showed up, rolled her eyes, cackled and went along with it. She was really looking for any excuse not to do it because it interrupted her nap time probably.  From what I read in this forum that had quite a bit of subscribers and were making decent money. She is pissed at Ryan for allowing Chase to screw up the fake story line, which again is typical Whitney and it will always be her way or no way. She can hi-tail it back to Greensboro with Buddy following close behind, ready to move back in and they can do their Grey Gardens lives together.  

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

This episode was soooo boring can you imagine if Ryan didn't show up? As it was all they did was all jump in the lake and proceed to try (unsuccessfully) to tear Ryan to shreds with their juvenile insults. Oh, boy, geez, that sure was fun to watch. Then everybody hauls ass home and Whit is left with her sammich maker and his new gf of all of one week. Did you already tell her you love her ? Omg, Did You?? I can not believe these people are in their late 30's.

Let's not forget they tape hours and hours of footage then edit it down to fit in to one episode. This was the best they had to go with? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

"Oh damn, Whitney appears to be eating a sugar-free Jell-O.  Now that's a first.  I want to her to do a fingerstick on camera.  My money says that heifer has rolled over (pun intended) into full-blown diabetes."  

My thought exactly. Between sugar free Jell-O and the giant bottle of pills (my guess metformin) she is definitely there. The only reason I eat sugar free anything is to satisfy my sweets cravings, I am diabetic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

See now, ya’ll are the reason Whitney’s BS cause is so important to her, I mean, to society in this day and age.   There she is flaunting her ample assets (that she CAN’T CHANGE, Y’ALL (because PCOS!!!!) like a teenager on spring break and nothing but criticism from you lot.  All of the outrage at her choice of garments, or the lack thereof, is just undeniable proof of the thinly veiled attempt to cover your disdain for overweight/obese women that has no place in a society seeking acceptance for everyone.

</sarcasm>

Oh and please, pretty please keep it up!!!  😊 Reading the wry commentary here brings a wee bit of sunshine to the otherwise dreary home isolation of late.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

What I keep coming back to is if it were a man getting naked all the time around friends and strangers, he would be labeled a perv and would probably be charged with sexual-harassment right away. Yet, nothing is said to her about this behavior. I hate the double standard.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

When I get together with friends for the weekend (before quarantine), we don't typically invite one person as cannon fodder. Maybe we're an unusual group.

"Hey, let's invite that douche from college, so we have someone to snark on for two days! It won't be fun unless we make someone feel really uncomfortable!" - not us

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Ok, she seriously said, out loud...in front of everyone:

”Buddy and I only had sex twice...well, like one and a half...but like the one time doesn’t count”

what, prey tell does that even mean???

Edited by kicotan
Misquoted
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

"Whitney worries about losing her "quarantine husband" to another woman."

Just imagine thinking that way. I'm reminded of how my now husband's ex-partner, who cheated on him multiple times and left him for one of the people he cheated with announced that he had "reservations" about our relationship when we first got together.

Well dear, I am reserving the right to tell your cheating ass, who devastated my husband when you left, to shut your goddamn mouth and let us, two employed, functional, middle-aged adults to make our own fucking decisions on how we want to live our lives and will not entertain one minute of your non-sense. We were together for like a year, living together when he made a big show about how he was wrong about us and we clearly make each other very happy and that he officially approved of our relationship. Honey, we live together, we have been in a committed relationship for a year after years of friendship, kindly sit down,, we did not ask for, need or want your approval.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Let's not forget they tape hours and hours of footage then edit it down to fit in to one episode. This was the best they had to go with? 

I hadn't thought of it this way, but now I feel sorry for TLC.  (I suggest the dump her and bring back Ruby.)
We need less Tal and Whit, and more Todd.

ETA: Hana Chan, I wish your mother has good days to enjoy, as you care for her.  With my mother, having her at home let us go through pictures and other mementos, and she enjoyed that.
My prayers for you both.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 5

”Buddy and I only had sex twice...well, like one and a half...but like the one time doesn’t count”

Wondering the same. However, it doesn't say much for their mutual feelings of passion. I think a while ago when we were discussing "crossing the fleshhold" we thought he might have been high or drunk when she put the moves on him so that might be the one that didn't count. Now I'm curious when the other occasion might have been.

She sure does tell him that she loves him a lot. Not sure how often he reciprocates.

Next week's previews make her look like a psycho. That woman is full of rage and since the scene with the knife is probably producer driven they want to show us how they feel about her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow. The instant a thin, seemingly attractive man was in her peripheral, she Immediately gets overly familiar and sexual. Taking her top off and basically marking her territory with her own piss. I’ve never seen someone so simultaneously over confident in their seductive attractiveness, yet so desperately insecure.  And her friends seem to reinforce her delusions. The money cannot be that good.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, kicotan said:

what, prey tell does that even mean???

My guess is that there was an occasion on which Buddy was unable to perform. Or at least it seemed to me that’s what Whitney was implying 🤢 

• Love 4
On 12/29/2020 at 9:45 PM, TattooFan said:

I am shocked, though I shouldn’t be, that Whit gets naked in front of her friends and a couple of strangers.  I have never voluntarily been naked in front of friends!  I say voluntarily, because I went to Iceland in January, and everyone going to public swimming pools or geothermal pools like the Blue Lagoon is required to shower naked in communal showers before entering the pools.  ☹️

I was at the Blue Lagoon and was slightly hesitant to strip down to shower, even though there was no one in the showers with me. Then a somewhat lumpy 60-ish Icelandic lady strolled in, and that was all I needed to get nekkid and hit the showers. Then I got a kick out of the other tourists rolling in and utterly panicking at the prospect of having to strip down (they all did great and rolled with it). At all of the spas or pools I went to, no one wore anything in the locker areas (well, I was only in the women's areas) and it was SO freeing. HOWEVER, back at home in the States with people I could possibly know seeing me? A big FUCK NO and no thank you.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG THIS. Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. ^^ Plus ameobas and fish shit and debris from the lake in her wet areas and NOOOOOOOOO.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I finally attempted to resume this episode while cooking dinner and gave up. “We all have to wear masks, unless we are in water!” How does water prevent viral transmission?” ‘Buddy should have asked me about having a guest in my house!” It’s not your fucking house, you are a renter and if you are following any rental agreement or tenant law that I have ever seen, based on what you have presented Buddy has every right to that property that you do, unless your landlord wants to evict him.

God what a controlling horrid person.

Edited by John M
  • Love 12

“We all have to wear masks, unless we are in water!” How does water prevent viral transmission?” ‘Buddy should have asked me about having a guest in my house!

That's quite a combination of being controlling yet remaining grossly uninformed/stupid.

• Love 5