Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: The Unmasking of Elizabeth Vargas

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

DO NOT DISCUSS ANY CURRENT INFO IN THIS THREAD.  THIS IS AN EPISODE THREAD. EVENTS IN THIS EPISODE OCCURED IN JULY 2020. IF WE KNEW IT THEN, IT CAN BE DISCUSSED.  IF NOT, TAKE IT TO THE APPROPRIATE THREAD.  

• Start Topic

Shannon’s boyfriend looked quietly relieved to be given a break from Shannon.  It sucks that the girls snuck out but it seems so strange that Shannon left them on their own. Archie is such a handsome dog! 

I think there are aspects of Elizabeth’s story that are true but I think she is using them for a storyline to make people feel for her. I don’t get the feeling that her past is bothering her and I think the panic attack was fake.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Everyone keeps commenting on this, but where the heck is David Beador?  Why aren’t they with him?  Just because he is having a child with his new Barbie, doesn’t excuse him from not being a parent.  He knows full well Shannon’s health is compromised.  What a dud.  He couldn’t help out??

I loathe David, so I’m not into defending him, but I do think that he was in a no-win situation. The three girls were positive for COVID & he’s living with his pregnant wife. If he stayed with the girls or they were at his house, then they were exposing a pregnant woman to COVID. Too risky. He’s not going to put his new wife and unborn child above his neurotic ex-wife. We also don’t know if he was talking to the girls on a regular basis or sending meals to them. He isn’t signing up to be a part of the show so it’s not like we’d really have any window into what was going on with him and his involvement.

• Love 20
22 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I heard something interesting the other day although I have no idea if this includes reality shows RHOC:   In Southern California, films and TV are considered "essential businesses".  

Reality crews/performers aren't unionized and these are contexts that are ripe for exploitation.  There was a piece in Vanity Fair a while back about how these shows kept filming during Covid; the piece specifically mentioned RHOOC.  (Putting the link in spoilers here just to be on the safe side -- it doesn't contain any spoilers for the show but is technically an article that was published after this episode was filmed:)

But, yes, I'm also appalled that they kept filming this show.  

Yet still I watch...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I loathe David, so I’m not into defending him, but I do think that he was in a no-win situation. The three girls were positive for COVID & he’s living with his pregnant wife. If he stayed with the girls or they were at his house, then they were exposing a pregnant woman to COVID. Too risky. He’s not going to put his new wife and unborn child above his neurotic ex-wife. We also don’t know if he was talking to the girls on a regular basis or sending meals to them. He isn’t signing up to be a part of the show so it’s not like we’d really have any window into what was going on with him and his involvement.

I hate David too but: yes.  I am pregnant now and there is "no flippin' way" (TM Shannon Beador) I would allow three Covid+ teens in my house.  There is (albeit, limited) evidence that the virus is associated with miscarriage.  That is not something I would ever want to fuck around with.  

• Love 17

I can't speak to all of the specific details, but I 100% believe that Elizabeth experienced sexual abuse.  I actually think this helps explain the fact that she's okay not having sex with Jimmy.  I'm not a psychologist, but I imagine if you're a survivor of childhood sexual trauma that you have not worked through, you might feel "safe" in a relationship like that.  I hope that she gets all of the therapy and healing that she needs and deserves.  

However, I stand by my prior opinion that she should not be on this show.  For so many reasons.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

What’s wrong with catch and release? 

I just think there is no purpose to it and it is cruel to the fish.  I have no issue with catching fish to eat that has purpose.  I have family members and friends who do it and honestly I just don’t get it.

• Love 11

I think Elizabeth lies about a lot of things on this show. Everything she says, and then gleefully laughs afterwards, I think is a total lie.  I think she mostly lies about things. When people call her out on the lies, she makes up a more elaborate lie. She is really obsessed with coming off as rich and "cool." She reminds me of Dana from BH a long time ago, but no one cared enough about her to follow up on anything. 

Was she raised in a cult? I don't know, but the FBI is never a first responder. So that she told a neighbor, and the neighbor reported it, and the next day the FBI showed up is complete bullshit. The FBI wouldn't come in unless they had been investigating for a long time and the local police/ crime units couldn't manage it and they were requested. 

I work in federal government, so I know how it works. Again, Elizabeth just trying to sound cool. Someone should just put her on a yacht and let her sail away forever.  

I didn't get how she lied about having a seperate place for her clothes, and then when called out on it, she said she didn't trust women. Brownwyn immediately backed off. I was like, NO! That makes no sense! Not trusting women does not give you a pass to try to impress the women you don't trust! It's very cat and mouse with these people. You get called out-- you admit to a fault (not related to what you were called out on), people forgive, and the cycle continues.

Exhausting and boring. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

The part of this episode that cracked me up was the Flashback

Emily went over to Braunwyn's and she's talking about moving her BFF into her house. They flashback to last season where they (Emily, Gina, Braunwyn) are in the pool and Braunwyn is telling the ladies about getting threesomes for special occasions.

Emily says - where do you find them.....Craig's List?

I still like Emily and surprisingly I really like Shane this season. Gina isn't irritating me.

I also still like Kelly - I find her entertaining - I loved a past episode scene where Emily goes over to Kelly's and Kelly offers to make her a drink. They start talking while Kelly makes the drink, sit down and then Kelly proceeds to drink the drink she made for Emily...Bwahahaha

I used to like Shannon but once she crawled up Vicki and Tamra's ass I was done. She is toxic. I think John is in it for the money - didn't Shannon basically hire every member of his family including him to help launch her food/tincture line. His daughter is her personal assistant. Once that well is empty he'll run for the hills.

As for Brauwnyn - sorry still don't believe she stopped drinking. Elizabeth's constant laughing is annoying AF but I'd keep her if that means Braunwyn gets the boot.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 15

Elizabeth would be better off quitting this show and going into intensive, possibly inpatient, therapy.

She needs help in piecing together her story and then help with unraveling it, bit by bit, so she can work through it and move past it.  

I'm not a therapist, but EMDR would probably be most helpful here.

Her breaking down with Braunwyn, while Braunwyn was helpful in that moment, it was not therapy, nor is having an entire film crew there helpful.

Wonder if Elizabeth is doing the show for the money, as her divorce money seems to have been tied up?  I can't think of a reason otherwise.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Came here to comment.  This season is really interesting but not in a good way.  Abuse and addiction are two things that a lot of people deny but many have had happen to them.  I saw gina put words into Elizabeth’s mouth instead of letting her finish her sentence about what happened to her.   Keep in mind that Elizabeth totally admitted that she said a little bit about the house and the condo she had rented, completely dodging BW’s info that she dug up, came down on BW and let everybody make up their own ideas about her financial situation and the house and condo.  She let people think the wrong things and then took no  responsibility for  the misinformation - and laughed about it.  So unfortunately I don’t know what to believe about her abuse story.  The whole psychotic giggling at the end of every single unfinished, vague sentence is disconcerting.   These are things that can drag others in, other relatives, why didn’t so and so do something kind of thing and potential liability.  I guess the summary is that Elizabeth can’t be depended upon to tell the truth because she was somehow abused as a child.  But why is any of this an excuse or reason for not trusting women?  Too many issues and it goes in circles. Looking forward to hearing the name of the cult, if anybody digs it up.

• Love 7

Unpopular opinion, but I believe that not only was Elizabeth held and abused, but that it probably goes so far deeper than her conscious mind is allowing her to recall.  Which is why I brought up EMDR, above.

There are many versions of cults; they don't all take place in foreign countries, ending in drinking spiked Kool-Aid.  

Is this church a true cult?  Maybe not, but from Elizabeth's child-eyes, it felt like it.  I do believe that she grew up in very unfortunate circumstances, which led her to believe that this old, rich guy who had multiple women was the best that she could do to get out of her situation, and why she does the uncomfortable laugh at the end of every sentence.

Therapy, please, Elizabeth.  Oh, and resign from this show, as this will hurt you more in the long run.

Here's a 2017 article about this church:

https://www.ldnews.com/story/news/local/2017/03/10/ldn-investigates-children-have-died-lebanons-faith-tabernacle-100-years/98858590/

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

@Starlight925, Thank you for that link and I was able to look up some other articles as well. From what I read, their biggest infraction that they were able to be prosecuted for stemmed from promoting and requiring the lack of medical care. Whatever really happened to her, I wish that Elizabeth had taken care of some of the loose ends in her life before she went on this show. These women and the show formula look for drama.  Hopefully she had a therapist in her dressing room at all times to help her. 

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’m now referring to John as Shannon’s future ex husband - and he will for sure ask for spousal support because she won’t ask for a prenup.  Omg, woman, it’s ok to be at your own house for a week or two.  Be with your offspring for a change! Is she so afraid that he is going to drift away?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 1/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

Right.  David has a pregnant wife, and Shannon has a compromised immune system.  So then why is this all on Shannon??  Why does this fall only on Shannon?  That’s my question.  They both have situations.  
He’s their father.  His children were his children before wife #2 came along.  His children should be a priority.  He doesn’t have to be on camera to be a father.  His responsibilities have nothing to do with RHOC.  What a cad.  What makes it worse is giving him a pass. 

• Love 8
On 1/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, ladle said:

I hate David too but: yes.  I am pregnant now and there is "no flippin' way" (TM Shannon Beador) I would allow three Covid+ teens in my house.  There is (albeit, limited) evidence that the virus is associated with miscarriage.  That is not something I would ever want to fuck around with.  

So, my question remains.  Why is the burden on Shannon that wife #2 is pregnant?  David can’t put them up in a hotel?  He can’t send a nurse over?  This is all on Shannon because he decided he wanted a divorce and moved on?  I don’t understand this thinking. 

• Love 3

You guys, I was in a cult for awhile. I was a kid and my older stepsister introduced me. At first it was fun with fellowships, pizza, and going from house to house for church. Then I did the classes which were interesting and spoke in tongues. Then they decided I was ready for the part where the wear you down and break you, but I was on to them and resisted. I never spoke to my stepsister again. I was held captive in a city 150 miles from home in the freezing winter. They took my coat and my bag with my little amount of money. I couldn’t go to the bathroom alone. No food or drink. Had to stand and sing and dance for hours. after 12 hours my brother in law finally had an epiphany and got me out. He later divorced my stepsister. He had never seen the real process because they kept him in the dark because he was a big donor they didn’t want to lose. I was ready to start fighting them with whatever weapon I could find and make a break for the door. 

There is some creepy shit out there. The Jim jones horror happened, so I tend to believe Liz. It’s weird, but I haven’t thought about that time in like 20 years. But I liked speaking in tongues and the pizza . 

Edited by Mu Shu
53 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

So, my question remains.  Why is the burden on Shannon that wife #2 is pregnant?  David can’t put them up in a hotel?  He can’t send a nurse over?  This is all on Shannon because he decided he wanted a divorce and moved on?  I don’t understand this thinking. 

I don’t think the burden should be on Shannon either. As I’ve said elsewhere, though I am NOT a Shannon fan, I think she did the right thing by going elsewhere when her kids were positive and she was negative and high risk. I don’t think the girls were showing any serious symptoms at that point and I wouldn’t have wanted to expose a nurse or other caregiver. Sending them to a hotel would have exposed hotel staff. I blame both Shannon and David for LOTS of things, but not for what they did in this particular situation. It was a shitty option to leave the girls alone but ALL of the options were shitty and they did probably what I would have done, considering the ages of the girls. 

• Love 9
On 1/1/2021 at 9:09 AM, 65mickey said:

Shannon leaves 3 teenagers home to fend for themselves when they have been diagnosed with a serious and potentialy fatal virus. She moves in with her boyfriend and cries like a child when she is diagnosed with the same virus. Her main concern in this episode seemed to be that she had to leave her boyfriend for 2 weeks and she was worried about her relationship with him. She was really pissed that she had to go home. She is a selfish woman to be so unconcerned about her children. I know that they are not young children but only of them is an adult.  Most parents put their chilrdren's health above their own. But not Shannon selfish and spoiled child that she is. John better take a good hard look at what he is getting into. If he marries her or stays with her he will be catering to her for the rest of his life. Forget his kids. Shannon will always demand that she be number 1 because after all she has damaged lungs. 

I bust out laughing when they were all “Sophie is on a NEBULIZER!!!?????”. Settle down, people use nebulizers for things like congestion . A nebulizer isn’t a ventilator. It’s like she’s so disappointed she’s not gravely ill she’s munchausing her kid. 

You know what else is bad for Damaged!! Lungs!!!!? Booze. Don’t see her cutting back on that. And she has the lung power to bellow like a bull alligator. I think her damaged lungs are the equivalent of Vicki’s brain coming out her ear. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ladle said:

I blame both Shannon and David for LOTS of things, but not for what they did in this particular situation. It was a shitty option to leave the girls alone but ALL of the options were shitty and they did probably what I would have done, considering the ages of the girls. 

This!  And it not like the girls are children either.   One is college age and the others are in high school.   None of them seemed that symptomatic and I'm betting Shannon checked in 100x a day.   And like Shannon I would have been pissed at my kids too for not following the rules.  What wasn't cool was her reaction to having to separate from John the Boyfriend.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Right.  David has a pregnant wife, and Shannon has a compromised immune system.  So then why is this all on Shannon??  Why does this fall only on Shannon?  That’s my question.  They both have situations.  
He’s their father.  His children were his children before wife #2 came along.  His children should be a priority.  He doesn’t have to be on camera to be a father.  His responsibilities have nothing to do with RHOC.  What a cad.  What makes it worse is giving him a pass. 

So, He should put them up in a hotel and knowingly put innocent people in harm’s way? Why should hotel employees have to be exposed x3? That’s ridiculous.

Shannon is histrionic and an unreliable source. We are only hearing and seeing her side of the story because she is the one who signed up for the show. The kids were old enough to be on their own at home, Shannon had somewhere to stay. She had options. Why should he put his unborn child at risk? That’s a no win situation- he literally had to choose between his children in this case. The girls were not starving, had a nice place to stay, and were not seemingly experiencing severe symptoms- until the oldest one and Shannon was already home.

I fail to see how it was all on Shannon.

• Love 6

Shannon is a mess, but she seems very authentic. She's savvy but naive. I feel like what she says is true. Same with Brawnwyn. She may be experimenting, and may be kind of old to experiment with her sexuality, but it doesn't seem like anyone really has ever pushed Brawnwyn to do or be anything. She was/is rich and spoiled, but the expectations for her are very low. Which is why I think we see a rebellious teen with her. She's extremely immature. I don't think anyone really cared much about her growing  up, and it seems people still don't. Her husband is a gross sicko. She treats him, IMO, way better than he deserves. He's a nasty fuck who should also get real with his life and what he fostered with his wife. He wanted kids to seem normal and wants a lot of sex with people. He also does not seem straight at all, so I do think their threesomes probably involve some men from time to time. In any case, he's fucked up and fake and a liar, which is likely why Brynwyn can't stand him. 

Elizabeth is a one and done and a grosse one poser. She won't be able to keep it up. Gina seems like she is telling the truth. I do find Emily and Shane both repulsive. They think they are so smart FOR  OC, but outside their bubble, they would be taken down intellecutually in 2 seconds. Shane continues to repulse me with his tiny bald head and huge super white teeth, and really unfortunate personality.  Neither of them seem to engage in any intellectual pursuits. They both are dumb and lucky that Shane's family has money and he has a trust fund. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

You guys, I was in a cult for awhile. I was a kid and my older stepsister introduced me. At first it was fun with fellowships, pizza, and going from house to house for church. Then I did the classes which were interesting and spoke in tongues. Then they decided I was ready for the part where the wear you down and break you, but I was on to them and resisted. I never spoke to my stepsister again. I was held captive in a city 150 miles from home in the freezing winter. They took my coat and my bag with my little amount of money. I couldn’t go to the bathroom alone. No food or drink. Had to stand and sing and dance for hours. after 12 hours my brother in law finally had an epiphany and got me out. He later divorced my stepsister. He had never seen the real process because they kept him in the dark because he was a big donor they didn’t want to lose. I was ready to start fighting them with whatever weapon I could find and make a break for the door. 

There is some creepy shit out there. The Jim jones horror happened, so I tend to believe Liz. It’s weird, but I haven’t thought about that time in like 20 years. But I liked speaking in tongues and the pizza . 

@Mu Shu, thank you for sharing this with us, it was very enlightening and informative.

I am so glad that you were able to get out of that situation and would do whatever it took to do get out.  That’s a presence of mind that not every young person has, or older person for that matter.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

@Mu Shu, thank you for sharing this with us, it was very enlightening and informative.

I am so glad that you were able to get out of that situation and would do whatever it took to do get out.  That’s a presence of mind that not every young person has, or older person for that matter.

I was involved about three months. Until the kidnapping, because it was, it was fun. The local people were nice. I can absolutely believe Liz’s story. She was a kid, she didn’t have resources, and she was isolated.  I was about 4 hours in before I started deciding a plot to isolate the weakest adult who was elderly and beat the crap out of her to get out, and I was only on one day of sleep deprivation and fasting. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

So, He should put them up in a hotel and knowingly put innocent people in harm’s way? Why should hotel employees have to be exposed x3? That’s ridiculous.

Shannon is histrionic and an unreliable source. We are only hearing and seeing her side of the story because she is the one who signed up for the show. The kids were old enough to be on their own at home, Shannon had somewhere to stay. She had options. Why should he put his unborn child at risk? That’s a no win situation- he literally had to choose between his children in this case. The girls were not starving, had a nice place to stay, and were not seemingly experiencing severe symptoms- until the oldest one and Shannon was already home.

I fail to see how it was all on Shannon.

Oh boy...

I never said it was a great idea to send them to a hotel, geesh.  My point is, why is this only Shannon’s issue, regardless of whether David participates/does not participate in filming.  He’s the father.  Lots of finger pointing at Shannon for how she cares for her kids in covid, while forgetting their rich father should take cate of them if Shannon is immuno-compromised. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Oh boy...

I never said it was a great idea to send them to a hotel, geesh.  My point is, why is this only Shannon’s issue, regardless of whether David participates/does not participate in filming.  He’s the father.  Lots of finger pointing at Shannon for how she cares for her kids in covid, while forgetting their rich father should take cate of them if Shannon is immuno-compromised. 

And, again, lots of finger pointing at Shannon because we are only seeing her point of view, as the person who signed up to be filmed for a reality show.

I believe you did mention hotel, which is why I responded this way

• Love 1

Folks,

Okay, we had some misunderstandings.  Let's remember that's what these were.  Let's watch our tone and remember to Be Civil.  

People are allowed to disagree.  Disagreement does not mean that the other person's opinion is invalidated.  If you are getting heated, step back for a bit. 

Note: Posts have been hidden. 

• Love 4
On 12/31/2020 at 10:41 AM, Crazydoxielady said:

I believe Elizabeth. I think it explains a lot about her. People typically do not make up stories about being molested. I was glad Gina asked real questions like "you were molested?" instead of them dancing around the issue. They show a scene from next week where Elizabeth's brother is breaking down over his treatment by the church, and describes being beat for ? ADHD? Regardless, its a sad situation, one that would haunt someone forever. The way she described trying to touch a little boy inappropriately and him telling his family rings true, a victim often acts  provocatively or as a molester as they get a bit older.  While I am not a big Elizabeth fan, and don't think she fits into this format, I 100% believe her. And as a person who struggles with their weight, I find her confidence in all the midriff baring looks compelling. She states she just lost a good amount of weight, but she does not look quite ready for all day every day midriff baring. I have had to see her aggressive vagina in bikini bottoms or her midriff in low rider pants for the last three episodes and I am OVER IT!

While I find Braunie to be narcissistic to beat the band, its obvious she has been a lesbian for her entire life. Come out. Life your life. But don't expect the audience to be celebrating with you when you have seven children you barely mention unless it helps your narrative.

I am happy Shane got better. The love between them is obvious. I love how he interacts with his kids. Once he relaxed on passing the bar, and Em got her "new hip" it seems things fell into place.

Jolie is absolutely stunning and seems well rounded. I think Rick is a good father figure, Kelly got lucky. I also couldn't believe the enchiladas Kelly was chefing up! Yum. She has some likeable factors, but her idiotic mouth, nonstop talk about all the sex she has,  and refusal to face the fact that Covid is a killer makes me shy away from ever actually liking her.

And Shannon! What a shrew?! She came back into the house on a tear because she was incensed  her bf didn't want her there with her cooties. The house was a mess, but her kids were ok after a serious virus. That should be the focus. Also.... talk about an ugly crier. Wow.

Gina for the win! Who knew the person three seasons ago who seemed the least likely to fit in would actually be the most likeable of the bunch!?

Shannon is the WORST.  From, "I'm FAAAAAAAAT" to "I have COVIIIIIIIIIID," Ugh. I don't know how she's been able to navigate the world for the last 60<?> years. She's like Tweek on South Park except shrewish, dull, and an overgrown, silly rube.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 1/3/2021 at 5:05 PM, Mu Shu said:

I bust out laughing when they were all “Sophie is on a NEBULIZER!!!?????”. Settle down, people use nebulizers for things like congestion . A nebulizer isn’t a ventilator. It’s like she’s so disappointed she’s not gravely ill she’s munchausing her kid. 

You know what else is bad for Damaged!! Lungs!!!!? Booze. Don’t see her cutting back on that. And she has the lung power to bellow like a bull alligator. I think her damaged lungs are the equivalent of Vicki’s brain coming out her ear. 

And ICE.  She has to have a heaping pile of ice in her vodka glass.  I never use ice.  I get a sore throat from ice.  No kidding.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 1/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

And, again, lots of finger pointing at Shannon because we are only seeing her point of view, as the person who signed up to be filmed for a reality show.

I believe you did mention hotel, which is why I responded this way

Let’s all get to the point here.  Why did Dr. Moon not fix them all up?  Especially Shannon who’s spent tons of money going in for his healing powers.  Lol.

• LOL 10
On 1/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, Cosmocrush said:

This!  And it not like the girls are children either.   One is college age and the others are in high school.   None of them seemed that symptomatic and I'm betting Shannon checked in 100x a day.   And like Shannon I would have been pissed at my kids too for not following the rules.  What wasn't cool was her reaction to having to separate from John the Boyfriend.  

I agree.  A qualified nurse could have been sent over to watch over the girls too.  Nobody is to blame.  Shannon and David both have valid reasons.  Plus, people get divorced every day.  Maybe David is getting a full hot meal and plenty of sex every day finally.  That’s what he wanted, right?

• LOL 3

I always like to leave open the possibility that both David and Shannon are shit parents.  Shannon for her histrionics, excessive alcohol consumption and OTT belief in Dr. Moon and other quackery.  David is the middle-aged guy who sought out a younger wife and is starting a new family.  Since he's not on the show, we don't know how much interaction he has with his children.  I hope he's still actively involved even if he is starting over to a large extent (and likely enjoying his post work chips and salsa). 

The girls are teenagers and one is 18.  If they were asymptomatic or only experiencing very mild symptoms, I don't think egregious to leave them alone.  At the same time, people can crash with little warning with covid, so I would have hoped they would have made different arrangements.  Many people with large homes (and even - gasp - small homes) segregate within the house.  Shannon's "I've been exposed so I need to stay with my boyfriend" plan is what makes no sense to me.  I love you so much I want to possibly give you a life-threatening disease! 

She is a lot to handle. I think a lot of her behaviors were easier to laugh at before because, while ridiculous, she was not putting people at risk of major harm.  Giving her daughters useless supplements (that they may or may not take), wasting her money on quackery, doing her best screech owl impression whenever she assumed insult was either entertaining or annoying.  Potentially spreading covid because of her neediness is a whole other level. 

Dammit!   If only Dr. Moon was able to use his magic Twister spinner wheel on Shannon and shove some needles in her ass she would be fine.  That and a quick enema or twelve and she would be right as rain.  That is, unless she broke the tip off in her ass and had to ask the new boyfriend to take over David's former spelunking duties. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I always like to leave open the possibility that both David and Shannon are shit parents.  Shannon for her histrionics, excessive alcohol consumption and OTT belief in Dr. Moon and other quackery.  David is the middle-aged guy who sought out a younger wife and is starting a new family.  Since he's not on the show, we don't know how much interaction he has with his children.  I hope he's still actively involved even if he is starting over to a large extent (and likely enjoying his post work chips and salsa). 

The girls are teenagers and one is 18.  If they were asymptomatic or only experiencing very mild symptoms, I don't think egregious to leave them alone.  At the same time, people can crash with little warning with covid, so I would have hoped they would have made different arrangements.  Many people with large homes (and even - gasp - small homes) segregate within the house.  Shannon's "I've been exposed so I need to stay with my boyfriend" plan is what makes no sense to me.  I love you so much I want to possibly give you a life-threatening disease! 

She is a lot to handle. I think a lot of her behaviors were easier to laugh at before because, while ridiculous, she was not putting people at risk of major harm.  Giving her daughters useless supplements (that they may or may not take), wasting her money on quackery, doing her best screech owl impression whenever she assumed insult was either entertaining or annoying.  Potentially spreading covid because of her neediness is a whole other level. 

Dammit!   If only Dr. Moon was able to use his magic Twister spinner wheel on Shannon and shove some needles in her ass she would be fine.  That and a quick enema or twelve and she would be right as rain.  That is, unless she broke the tip off in her ass and had to ask the new boyfriend to take over David's former spelunking duties. 

I never understood the Shannon/David marriage. I always thought he simply hated her. Maybe he married into her family money. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

I never understood the Shannon/David marriage. I always thought he simply hated her. Maybe he married into her family money. 

I think they were college sweethearts.  You can go out with a person for years, but do not really know them until you live with them.  That goes for both of them equally.

• Love 2
On 1/5/2021 at 10:58 AM, StevieRocks said:

Shannon is the WORST.  From, "I'm FAAAAAAAAT" to "I have COVIIIIIIIIIID," Ugh. I don't know how she's been able to navigate the world for the last 60<?> years. She's like Tweek on South Park except shrewish, dull, and an overgrown, silly rube.

Oh god, she is Tweek. If Tweek were an adult woman who is a neurotic asshole. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I think they were college sweethearts.  You can go out with a person for years, but do not really know them until you live with them.  That goes for both of them equally.

I don't know - they were married in 2000, Shannon would have been about 35/36.  Kind of old to still be with a college sweetheart. 

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015816/rs_600x600-150916183023-600-shannon-beador-shannon-beador-mv-91615.jpg?fit=around|600:600&output-quality=90&crop=600:600;center,top

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I don't know - they were married in 2000, Shannon would have been about 35/36.  Kind of old to still be with a college sweetheart. 

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015816/rs_600x600-150916183023-600-shannon-beador-shannon-beador-mv-91615.jpg?fit=around|600:600&output-quality=90&crop=600:600;center,top

Lots of horrible people marry other horrible people. Shannon was pretty and from a wealthy family. David was good looking and on his way to being rich. I don’t know if it’s much more complicated than two shallow people marrying someone they don’t like for shallow reasons. I’d guess if there was a “reason”it was that both were in their mid to late 30s and anxious to start a family. 
I’ve never liked either of them and always felt like they were equally shitty parents who were too wrapped up in their own drama to care much about their kids. It would not surprise me at all to find out David doesn’t see the girls much anymore. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if in a couple of years Shannon doesn’t see them much either.

• Love 3
On 1/6/2021 at 5:44 PM, Cosmocrush said:

True.  My mistake then.  Divorce seems the norm now.  David is happy now.  I don’t think she is.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2021 at 12:59 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

THAT, I could NEVER ask my husband to do.  I said this before, but my girlfriend went to the gyro three times to take a tampon out.  I swear it wasn’t me .. I’ve never used tampons.  I meant gyno, not gyro.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I can’t find the comment on here where someone pointed out all the hats at lake arrowhead.  What is with all the hats?!?  Elizabeth?  You live at the beach?  These aren’t even sun shade hats.  I grew up on the beach and I HATE hats (a sun hat, I could understand) because they are hot and they scrunch down your hair.  She’s lounging around her house in a hat - and apparently she doesn’t mind letting half her body hang out so who cares about her hair?  Odd.  I think maybe she owns a hat shop on Balboa or somewhere.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Colfrmb said:

She’s lounging around her house in a hat - and apparently she doesn’t mind letting half her body hang out so who cares about her hair?  Odd.  I think maybe she owns a hat shop on Balboa or somewhere.

I assumed it was because she hadn't been able to get her hair colored or straightened or curled whatever else these women pay someone to do to their hair.  I was watching Celebrity Game Face the other day and at one point the celebrities were putting on helmets, and the woman who was wearing a hat said she was going to jump off camera to put on the helmet so nobody could see her hair.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I can’t find the comment on here where someone pointed out all the hats at lake arrowhead.  What is with all the hats?!?  Elizabeth?  You live at the beach?  These aren’t even sun shade hats.  I grew up on the beach and I HATE hats (a sun hat, I could understand) because they are hot and they scrunch down your hair.  She’s lounging around her house in a hat - and apparently she doesn’t mind letting half her body hang out so who cares about her hair?  Odd.  I think maybe she owns a hat shop on Balboa or somewhere.

It was me who posted about the hats.  They were all cooking breakfast in the kitchen and all had hats on with pjs and whatever.  It was stupid.  Somehow, Elizabeth doesn’t look good in hats.  Kelly and what’s her face .. the Long Island girl ( senior moment) wear them a lot .. in the house.  They think they look chic.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

It was me who posted about the hats.  They were all cooking breakfast in the kitchen and all had hats on with pjs and whatever.  It was stupid.  Somehow, Elizabeth doesn’t look good in hats.  Kelly and what’s her face .. the Long Island girl ( senior moment) wear them a lot .. in the house.  They think they look chic.

It did look stupid but I confess that since I'm going months without a hair appt (or putting on real pants lol) I've taken to hats, scarves, pulling my hair back, and spray on root color for "public" interactions.   And by public I mean mostly Zoom/Facebook.  

• Love 4

To be honest, I have been to the hair dresser once since March and I know my own hair is ragged.  But these women have makeup artists and stylists! I bet they still get their hair done in an apocalypse.

• LOL 2