Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Whimsy

S33 Speculation

Do we have any updates? Is there a speculated/semi informed planned route? Is there a clearer filming timeline than "in a couple of months"?

On 5/15/2021 at 7:51 PM, Phebemarie said:

Why not set up TAR USA with visits to national parks?  

Regardless of how they finish S33, I would love to see a TAR USA focused on national parks and historic heritage sites. One of the reasons why I love TAR Canada is because of the cinematic scenic beauty. The scenery gets lost a lot in OG TAR. I mean, I love chaotic foreign markets as much as the next person, but we never really get a sense of the natural beauty in places visited.

Doing a US-based TAR would solve a lot of problems. Avoiding border checks and travel restrictions. Avoiding boring, spoon-fed travel by relying on self-navigation. Exposing more people to our incredible (and perpetually underfunded) national parks system. Armchair travel for Americans who have never had the opportunity to visit some of our great cities across the nation. Refocusing food tasks meant to revolt into food tasks that highlight our varied regional cuisines. You know that little thrill you get when TAR starts or ends in your city, or visits someplace you've been? More viewers would get to experience that thrill. Could be an opportunity to attract new viewers who then stick with the show when it returns to its usual format. 

TAR USA. I'm in. 

• Like 5

A National Parks edition would be awesome. The US has some very amazing parks with wildly different environments. They could go to Death Valley (Desert), Yellowstone (Gysers/Thermal Activity), Sequoia (Really big trees), Joshua Tree (cactus), Volcano Park (Can't remember the actual name but Volcano).

The Parks already have a good number of tasks outlined in the Junior Ranger books. Each Park has some and the activities could easily be a starting point for tasks. We just got back from Yellowstone, there is a formula for predicting Old Faithful and 4 other geysers. The math isn't hard but I suspect it might be confusing for some teams, based on what we have seen in past seasons. The Teams need to witness Old Faithful and then predict its next eruption. Once they have the right answer, they need to go to the other 4 geysers that are predicted by the Rangers and work out the next prediction times based on info found at each geyser. The task would require some math, some research to find out what geysers the Rangers predict, and some travel from geyser to geyser (they are all in the upper basin but it is a 5 mile long area).

All of the Parks have lodges and stores and restaurants that could easily be used for tasks. The Park Ranger talks/exhibits could be turned into tasks. For example, Recreate a Civil War tent site at Gettysburg for a task. I am sure they could do something similar for different Native Peoples to show different types of living structures. Heck, they could have an animal tracking task following wolves or bears or something. Heck, they could do a needle in the haystack task to find a specific t-shirt or hat in a Parks storage wharehouse.

It would be a great way to show the beauty and history of the US. All without worrying about vaccination issues for travel and probably at a cheaper cost then a regular season.

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afj1q2lvJw

A charter plane with "The Amazing Race" on the side was spotted landing at LAX earlier today. The flight came in from London and apparently has a planned flight to Zurich. This might not be anything but I thought I would share it here.

Edited by Spoopy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoopy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4afj1q2lvJw

A charter plane with "The Amazing Race" on the side was spotted landing at LAX earlier today. The flight came in from London and apparently has a planned flight to Zurich. This might not be anything but I thought I would share it here.

The 33 Race is back on. Teams arrived in LA Monday. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Race2020Fan said:

The 33 Race is back on. Teams arrived in LA Monday. 

I got a friend tracking the plane. It landed in Zurich 5 hours ago. That same plane has been to Ghana twice, Turkey twice and London twice since Tuesday last week. Maybe scoping out their future destinations fit this race.