Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The Devil You Know

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

On 12/29/2020 at 3:41 PM, 65mickey said:

The magic is gone. This is one big snooze fest. No one on this boat including Eddie and Lee have any peronality or spark.  Bravo might as well retire this franchise or pay kate mega bucks to come back.

Absolutely agree no one has the personality or charisma to carry a scene they either seem so forced or just not confident in their roles.  It just makes it very boring for the viewers.

• Love 4

Francesca: Check on the guests every 10 minutes.

Elizabeth: OK

45 minutes later the Primary hunts her down and Elizabeth says something to the effect of “I was just on my way” for the first time when she should have been up there 4 times already. 
Francesca: Pull the sheets in the master.

Elizabeth: OK

Also Elizabeth while delivering sheets to Ashling: I pulled all the sheets from all the guest beds.

There are no clearer directions that can be given to Elizabeth. There is also 0 training to do. I have never once worked in yachting and those directions are clear to me and I would have done those tasks better than Elizabeth. 

If Elizabeth is having a difficult time remembering what Francesca has tasked her with it is her (Elizabeth’s) responsibility to do something different, like write herself a quick note. Make herself a list. Pay attention instead of trying to find someone to makeout with. She’s an adult in an adult job. That’s why she gets paid the big bucks.

She is clearly there to work on her social life with how bent out of shape she got when Francesca and Ashling got in the water.

Izzy seems like a hard worker on deck but she’s a pot stirrer. 

• Love 20

Count me in with those who don’t quite get the Francesca hate. It’s not like she is refusing to train Elizabeth how to fancy pour wine or the the intricacies of a formal 10 course place setting. As others have stated, Elizabeth is failing at following the most basic of instructions. And frankly, it is not a managers’s job to help an employee succeed at any cost. An employee needs to take some personal responsibility for themselves and show some initiative. Even hapless Shane was seen making notes in a journal any getting help from Izzy on how to tie knots. And yet, he got fired and Elizabeth  is still hanging on. Why aren’t we seeing the same level of Eddie bashing? Could it be that when men make a hard command decision at work, they are good leaders and when women do the same, they are just bitches? Is Francesca expected to mother and nurture and tolerate her weaker staff because she is a women? I certainly didn’t find Eddie to be good at training Shane. He wasn’t patient. He didn’t give compliments for meeting basic expectations. Izzy spent more time mentoring Shane than Eddie did. If Eddie had spent as much time training Shane as he did complaining  about him, Shane may have done better. And yet, here we are excoriating Francesca and essentially giving Eddie a pass. 

And managers should not have to compliment and mollycoddle employees for meeting basic expectations. Compliments should reserved for excellent work or sparks of initiative. For example, Ashling came up with the idea of offering g a morning cleanse to the guests. She came up with the idea and executed it well.  We never see Lee compliment the crew for executing the bare minimum. And maybe we are all ok with  that because he is man. 

During the demotion talk, Elizabeth made no effort to find out from Francesca the specific details or concrete reasons of what she did wrong. She asked no questions and made no effort to work out an improvement plan. It’s just easier to shake her head, flounce her hair anf basically say that “Francesca just hates me because I am prettier than she is.”

If Elizabeth spent as much time doing her job as she did taking shit about Francesca, she would probably be chief stew by now. 🙄

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 12/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, 65mickey said:

The magic is gone. This is one big snooze fest. No one on this boat including Eddie and Lee have any peronality or spark.  Bravo might as well retire this franchise or pay kate mega bucks to come back.

Bravo, bring back Ben too!

• Love 2

Elizabeth says something to the effect of “I was just on my way” for

And she absofuckinglutely was NOT on her way. And it's her default defense to every single task she fails or failed to do, I was just about to do it!! Like bitch please. As even Izzy her ally pointed out on the beach she doesn't listen to a word anyone is saying when she's not speaking. I think it's evident with James too, her endlessly droning on about spirituality shit with him when he's like I'm really not about it, I think it's lame. I call that person a talk AT you person. She only takes at people not with them or to them. She's got a sweet demeanor but she's super fucking self absorbed and I cannot think of a job designed less for a self absorbed person.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 16