Type keyword(s) to search

S15 E05: Vets Aren't Safe

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Famed celebrity choreographer, Travis Wall teaches and realizes the new candidates are tough competition for the veterans.Travis Wall and Melissa Rycroft are featured.

This is a spoiler-free topic. If it didn't happen yet, please do not discuss.

• Love 1

Was anyone else watching live?  I wasn’t able to pause it or rewind to confirm, but when they showed the board near the end of the episode, I thought it showed Lily and Meredith as the only vets who were not in the top 36, but there was no discussion of Lily during the episode at all.  

Travis Wall is my favorite guest choreographer every year. He brings such joy to the show. 

I’m trying to remember what else happened. Meredith struggled, okay that’s normal. Kat is back, okay that’s normal. Maddie spoke. That’s rare. I want Caroline to find a new hairdresser. Hannah, I feel you. This year is so tough that what brings me joy normally isn’t doing it. But you are a diamond.

Rookies, Jada is tall, and that’s their only issue with her? I still don’t know the rest of them. Season is flying by.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Was anyone else watching live?  I wasn’t able to pause it or rewind to confirm, but when they showed the board near the end of the episode, I thought it showed Lily and Meredith as the only vets who were not in the top 36, but there was no discussion of Lily during the episode at all.  

Yes, the board shown near the end was different than the one from the beginning of the episode. This is probably the 4th or 5th version we've seen. The editing is out of order or the voice overs are off. The board shown at the end of the episode had a Melissa Rycroft  "show group sticker" on Hannah's picture - yet we hear her say "maybe" about Hannah. So some of the editors got sloppy.

• Love 3

I got a screenshot of the "board" tonight. I tried a couple times, but some of the stickers are really blurry. As someone else pointed out, Lily is in the bottom, but they didn't talk to her or about her all night. It is so frustrating to see a vet get treated that way. Especially someone like Lily who has been through a couple TCs before making the team. 

DCCWeek5.JPG

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Stee said:

When Travis called out Tori and she got a talking head, I immediately thought "who is this person?"

Never saw or heard of Tori before tonight.  

Tori also got a shoutout from Charm.  I was somewhat surprised since I considered her one of the blender blondes.  None of whom were getting much attention.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, DragonFlyzz said:

Tori also got a shoutout from Charm.  I was somewhat surprised since I considered her one of the blender blondes.  None of whom were getting much attention.

Literally have always been team tori. I think she’s not getting the feature she needs and they have overlooked her .  

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I got a screenshot of the "board" tonight. I tried a couple times, but some of the stickers are really blurry. As someone else pointed out, Lily is in the bottom, but they didn't talk to her or about her all night. It is so frustrating to see a vet get treated that way. Especially someone like Lily who has been through a couple TCs before making the team. 

DCCWeek5.JPG

I always love seeing who Judy pops her green sticker on...I trust her more than some of the other judges when it comes to the dancing. It’s also interesting to see who may or may not be on the shit list. Crazy that Jalyn doesn’t have more stickers. No big surprises on the peeps with the most stickers: Caroline, Amber, Kelcey, Gina...and VK and Maddie of course. Love seeing rookie Claire too!

Who is the gold? Hannah has Melissa Rycroft, Neil McCoy and I can’t figure out the last one. (Haven’t watched the episode yet...waiting for iTunes.)

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

DCCWeek5.JPG

This board confuses me.  I thought each "sticker giver" gave 36.  No one has 36?

I didn't see Elli at all this episode.  That was weird. 

Seems like they dialed down there VK love alot this season,  I'm not mad about that. 

I'm a fan of Mackenzie and Tori now,  she's really good.

Ashlinn has some serious pop! 

LOVE LOVE LOVE Armani and Claire!!! No slander will be tolerated!

Way to comeback Kat!  I LOVE her. I knew she'd turn it around. 

Hello Kelli and Judy....we are in the middle of a pandemic,  people are dying by the thousands everyday,  and Hannah has family members who are frontline workers!  Of course she's a little sad/worried,  leave her alone!!!  

Meredith......I have no words.

• Love 11

I'm missing the reason for stringing Meredith along... she's had a year... shouldn't be a struggling. I really need to know why they want to keep her and why she wants to stay.

she has only been around for a year. Yes an investment was made on both sides, but then it also easier, for either side, to break away too.

I also don't understand why every new dance, regardless of style/choreographer , she is a slow learner... 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 13

I LOVE Travis Wall

Obsessed with McKenzie's body and the shine she got tonight. I love that she's not a twig but still fit as hell. She's so cute, and I love her short hair. 

I'm sick of Kat getting excessively praised any time she does something half right. Kelcey seemed very unamused lmao

Hannah looked weird/off tonight...her honesty about crying all the time was heartbreaking. Same, sis. 'Dancing with people feels better than dancing with bugs in my basement' LMFAO. She's so sweet and beautiful, I just want the best for her 😞

Lmao at Meredith starting to sob as soon as she got called out to go to the office. "I think the world of Meredith.' - Kelli. For what?! She's beautiful and seems nice but she sucks at this and isn't right for it, simple as that. Just get over it. Kelli in the office visit implying she's worse than she was before? Lol that says it all. But I really don't understand how someone with so much dance training could have THAT MUCH TROUBLE learning these dances...they can't be THAT difficult after A WHOLE YEAR. Even Melissa said she's 'a step back.' HOW

Something about Ashlinn's face is scary, and her eyebrows are extremely bad. But she looked better on the one-on-one with Melissa than Jada did for sure. 

I'm over Jada; she looks so young and too long and thin. 

Are Jessica and Tori the same person? They look crazy similar

I'm an Armani fan. I love seeing black girls getting praised. And without 10 pounds of straight extensions in her head. Good for her ❤️ 

• Love 18

Hannah says she feels better dancing, dance is probably the only thing that takes all her troubles away because she has to focus and be in the moment to dance.  Way too much editing in the episode, they are trying too hard to justify why they will cut girls and why they will keep girls.  My favorite thing this episode --  Judy's earrings at the end when she has the red blouse on.  

• Love 13

Love Armani! IMO, she’s the best rookie.

Jessica is another blonde blender to me. I’m glad she turned it up a little bit.

When Kat joked that they should make her point in 3 years, I cringed. She still has to look at others to know what to do😬 Kelcey’s reaction made me laugh.

I would love to see more of the veterans dancing and more critiques of the veterans. 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

Jessica is another blonde blender to me. I’m glad she turned it up a little bit.

When Kat joked that they should make her point in 3 years, I cringed. She still has to look at others to know what to do😬 Kelcey’s reaction made me laugh.

I would love to see more of the veterans dancing and more critiques of the veterans. 

The way this close-knit group rolls, if the wrong vet catches wind of what Kat said, and heaven forbid report back to K&J or some-spy , she defiantly won't make point, show-group... and would need a strong prayer just to stay on the team... Some comments you just keep to yourself...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

As soon as they called Meredith in to the office and the waterworks started, I just cringed. And when Kelly said she lost her edge, I just shook my head. What edge??? She was awful last year and is the same, which makes her worse, this year! That she seems to think that it is OK to be slow again, because she will eventually learn them, is ridiculous. She has no confidence as a veteran and they just need to cut their losses and get her out of there! Soon, please!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 14

Just cut Meredith already and put us all out of our misery.  Every time we see her she’s either messing up the choreography, saying something delusional or crying.  She should still be cried out from last season.  

Meredith convinced she’s in the top 36 ... the delusion is strong with this one.  Apparently it hasn’t occurred to her that she only made the squad because they took 37 and Kelly ignored all of her professed standards.  

Do they really forget that they BARELY made it on to the squad and unless they want to end up a one and done they need to come back stronger.  She’s making it very easy for them to cut her despite Kelly’s and Judy’s hemming and hawing and nonsense about Meredith losing her nonexistent “edge”.

• Love 14

The community on this site is good in that someone acknowledged the girls are looking more curvaceous this year than in previous years, and there was no criticism and rightly so, they look great, women are supposed to be curvy.

• Love 6

"Judy, look at Cassie. She's not awful as I thought she'd be."

Well, good thing you've kept her around up to this point. Kelli's such an asshole.

It's funny how everyone tiptoes around how awful Meredith is, to avoid incurring the wrath of Kelli. Did they really expect better? When has Meredith not performed below expectations?

• Love 15
1 minute ago, dmeets said:

Well, good thing you've kept her around up to this point. Kelli's such an asshole.

It's funny how everyone tiptoes around how awful Meredith is, to avoid incurring the wrath of Kelli. Did they really expect better? When has Meredith not performed below expectations?

Not awful as you thought she'd be? Well why the heck did you take her to camp in the first place, or keep her around longer??

Yeah Meredith was never that good. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

YES! Kat already annoys me, and that little comment didn't help at all. Girl, try getting through multiple routines without messing up before you even *think* about becoming point in a few years. Her facial expressions while dancing irks me too; it's almost as if she's trying too hard to appear "sexy". A simple smile will do, Kat.

I said this last week, but something about her just seems fake to me. I don't know if I'm misreading her confidence as being conceited, but I think she needs a good ol' slice of humble pie.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Kelli also said "I'm alone on Alora- Rose." Without Kelli, she would have been gone too.

• Love 7
On 12/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, Tinydancerxo28 said:

1.  Absolutely - I have loved Armani the most since E1.  She makes me want to dance she is having so much fun!

2.  Jessica - agreed.  Nothing wrong there, just a blender.  

3.  Kat - OMG!  For reals???  If you've got to watch the others, you can't be in the front!  What are they going to do?  Wheel a mirror out onto the field and put it in front of her so she can watch the people behind her???  Pretty?  Yes!  One of the best looking DCCs ever when her wig isn't half way down her forehead.  Sexy?  Oh yeah.  Not Ashton sexy, but her come hither look in last years preliminary audition said it all.  Charisma?  All day long.  But dance?  nah.....barely keeping up.  Maybe not quite as bad as Meredith, but worse than even Savannah!

I would like to make it clear to any person or mod (I guess some of them are people too :)) that my OMG and for reals above was directed toward Kat herself, not any member of the Kat fan club here.  I mean,  @ByTor and I get along ok even though we don't agree AT ALL about my beloved darling and precious KaShara!

Edited by Opine
Forgot which thread I was in....had to remove spoilers
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, kalibean said:

I always love seeing who Judy pops her green sticker on...I trust her more than some of the other judges when it comes to the dancing. It’s also interesting to see who may or may not be on the shit list. Crazy that Jalyn doesn’t have more stickers. No big surprises on the peeps with the most stickers: Caroline, Amber, Kelcey, Gina...and VK and Maddie of course. Love seeing rookie Claire too!

Who is the gold? Hannah has Melissa Rycroft, Neil McCoy and I can’t figure out the last one. (Haven’t watched the episode yet...waiting for iTunes.)

Here is a clearer pic of that board. Also worth noting perhaps that KF has more stickers than JT so this board must be incomplete. Or Kelli is just special. LOL. ETA- actually that pic is not more clear-- sorry! Crazy what happens when you shrink the size.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.56.28 PM.png

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, sATL said:

Were Melissa R comments/critiques/insights  better than in the past , or was I just wishing for something else or new to happen the episode ?

Right?!  I’ll be damned if MRS wasn’t actually helpful with her comments to Jada in their session with Caroline.  And then she was the voice of reason with Kelli & Judy when she said if you have a vet who barely made it last year, stayed at the bottom all season, and are still struggling now, maybe you need to cut them.  

This is a weird season, y’all.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I LOVE Travis Wall

Obsessed with McKenzie's body and the shine she got tonight. I love that she's not a twig but still fit as hell. She's so cute, and I love her short hair. 

I'm sick of Kat getting excessively praised any time she does something half right. Kelcey seemed very unamused lmao

Hannah looked weird/off tonight...her honesty about crying all the time was heartbreaking. Same, sis. 'Dancing with people feels better than dancing with bugs in my basement' LMFAO. She's so sweet and beautiful, I just want the best for her 😞

Lmao at Meredith starting to sob as soon as she got called out to go to the office. "I think the world of Meredith.' - Kelli. For what?! She's beautiful and seems nice but she sucks at this and isn't right for it, simple as that. Just get over it. Kelli in the office visit implying she's worse than she was before? Lol that says it all. But I really don't understand how someone with so much dance training could have THAT MUCH TROUBLE learning these dances...they can't be THAT difficult after A WHOLE YEAR. Even Melissa said she's 'a step back.' HOW

Something about Ashlinn's face is scary, and her eyebrows are extremely bad. But she looked better on the one-on-one with Melissa than Jada did for sure. 

I'm over Jada; she looks so young and too long and thin. 

Are Jessica and Tori the same person? They look crazy similar

I'm an Armani fan. I love seeing black girls getting praised. And without 10 pounds of straight extensions in her head. Good for her ❤️ 

I agree with everything you’ve said here. Regarding Travis Wall, he has choreographed two of my favorite SYTYCD numbers, Turn to Stone, and How it Ends. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dmeets said:

What a compliment!

10 hours ago, sATL said:

Were Melissa R comments/critiques/insights  better than in the past , or was I just wishing for something else or new to happen the episode ?

Yes, she seems genuine and also "sounds" more like a real coach than a "friend".   She sure has grown up from what we see on Pluto.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes, she seems genuine and also "sounds" more like a real coach than a "friend".   She sure has grown up from what we see on Pluto.

There is a deleted scene on CMT from season 11 where her and Megan C were working with the TCC's where she came off that way.  Unfortunately, MTT gives her that "friend/mentor" edit

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Stee said:

When Travis called out Tori and she got a talking head, I immediately thought "who is this person?"

Never saw or heard of Tori before tonight.  

Tori was a Mavs Dancer for 2 seasons

59e81f1e8b55d.image.jpg?resize=400,491

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I remember last week Kelly made the comment that last year Kat was in the last 2 to make the team or something like that. But Lily and Neredith were the last. Is anything about Kat not completely fake? Her personality seems fake, her hair isn’t hers...

Why on earth did Meredith say she knows she’s top 36? I wouldn’t say that even if I was point the year before. I wonder if the editing somehow made it look like that’s what she was saying but was taken out of context. It was kind of odd CMT chose to play a Wilson-Phillips song when Meredith was leaving the “office”. I didn’t like that group 25 years ago and I don’t like them now. Yuck. 

Where is Savannah? I never see her anywhere! 

And Victoria is on the top row of that composite someone posted? I don’t agree at all. 

lily is on the bottom row on that composite yet they have not mentioned her name at all. It’s all Meredith and Hannah, who has a bunch of stickers. 

I noticed the girls are curvier. I don’t want to say gained weight because I actually think they look healthy now. Maybe Kelly hasn’t noticed yet since they didn’t dance on that big screen at auditions! 😂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kate2006 said:

I remember last week Kelly made the comment that last year Kat was in the last 2 to make the team or something like that. But Lily and Neredith were the last. Is anything about Kat not completely fake? Her personality seems fake, her hair isn’t hers...

This is why you can never trust the editing.  Meredith and Kat were supposed to alternate games.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Caroline is SO good, but yes she has a hillbilly mullet and looks like she should work in a smokey diner. 

I loved Ashlinn's personality, but her face looks... skeletal? I'm not quite sure what it is. 

I love Mackenzie. She and Jalyn could be sisters. 

I hope for features of Claire and Dani.

Edited by abracadabra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Was it my imagination or did this episode have a lot more mainstream music in it than usual? Dua Lipa, Dierks Bentley, Wilson Phillips, Usher, Kesha and Luke Bryan to name a few.

Music is tolerable this year.  Wish Pluto episodes could be fixed.

• LOL 3

OMG the editors are just here to make me laugh this season, aren't they? First they show Meredith confidently telling the camera that she's definitely in the top 36 and then they cut to Kelli saying, "She isn't in the top 36." But even more hilarious was playing "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips after Meredith left her meeting. I was legit cackling.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

One odd thing I noticed at the first part of the episode was how frizzy & flat Judy’s hair looked. No shine at all. She has always been the epitome of classy hair.  I wondered if she had run out of her shampoo.  The next time her hair was shiny & curled.  

i have puzzled over the strength of the rookies & more of a selection of WOC.  I’ve now decided it probably has to do with now commitment to coming to Dallas  for multiple weekends & then another 9-12 weeks until they find out if they are a DCC.    I think they should do virtual submissions again & then only have them in for a whirlwind final interview or do it virtually but only have them come in for finals.  Then send them back with a CD of say 20 dances which they have to memorize when the show up for training camp. I liked it better when we weren’t seeing them learn over & over again a dance.  

I struggle to see Lilly or Brennan in the videos. What I have seen of Brennan, she looks fine & her hair is longer.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Was it my imagination or did this episode have a lot more mainstream music in it than usual? Dua Lipa, Dierks Bentley, Wilson Phillips, Usher, Kesha and Luke Bryan to name a few.

When the Wilson Phillips song came on I thought "Now there's one I know". 

• Love 2

Everyone would like Hannah to get a hug.  Isn't there the adage the show must go on?  No matter what is going on in your personal life, a dancer or perform should not let it show while dancing.  Hannah has a lot on her plate and could have chosen to sit out a season.  The schoolwork alone sounds overwhelming.  I look at the bubble like going grocery shopping or eating outside at a restaurant.  You know there is still some risk but with masks, keeping your distance, plexiglass in front of the screen, the businesses are doing their best and personally you're trying to keep some normalcy.  I was a trial lawyer for a long time.  It did not matter if I had a parent in the hospital, a fight with my boyfriend, worried over a promotion, worried over a coming hurricane etc, I had to perform and look like I was all in.  It's not just an edit.  Hannah does not look like she's all in.  Worry over her finals/projects for school could have done that.  If her family was so concerned over COVID. her mom in the medical field would know that there is only so much anyone can do to prevent the spread.  As I've said before, professional ball players have sat out a season and lost lots of money.  Hannah would have lost a year dancing and would have had more time for her school.  I understand Hannah wanted to dance.  I've wanted to do lots of things in the last 9 months that I have put off (2 vacations and going out more with friends), modified a wedding to my immediate family my fiancé and his son or just not done.

Hannah does not look like a seasoned vet.  I really felt sorry for the Tara cut until I saw how she was that season and now I feel the same about Hannah being talked to.

they are supposed to pick the top 36 and if some rookie has it more together than a vet so be it.  

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Everyone would like Hannah to get a hug.  Isn't there the adage the show must go on?  No matter what is going on in your personal life, a dancer or perform should not let it show while dancing.  Hannah has a lot on her plate and could have chosen to sit out a season.  The schoolwork alone sounds overwhelming.  I look at the bubble like going grocery shopping or eating outside at a restaurant.  You know there is still some risk but with masks, keeping your distance, plexiglass in front of the screen, the businesses are doing their best and personally you're trying to keep some normalcy.  I was a trial lawyer for a long time.  It did not matter if I had a parent in the hospital, a fight with my boyfriend, worried over a promotion, worried over a coming hurricane etc, I had to perform and look like I was all in.  It's not just an edit.  Hannah does not look like she's all in.  Worry over her finals/projects for school could have done that.  If her family was so concerned over COVID. her mom in the medical field would know that there is only so much anyone can do to prevent the spread.  As I've said before, professional ball players have sat out a season and lost lots of money.  Hannah would have lost a year dancing and would have had more time for her school.  I understand Hannah wanted to dance.  I've wanted to do lots of things in the last 9 months that I have put off (2 vacations and going out more with friends), modified a wedding to my immediate family my fiancé and his son or just not done.

Hannah does not look like a seasoned vet.  I really felt sorry for the Tara cut until I saw how she was that season and now I feel the same about Hannah being talked to.

they are supposed to pick the top 36 and if some rookie has it more together than a vet so be it.  

Of course. In any other year of course. However in the midst of one of the worst health crises in history - maybe not. The south was surging. Many hospitals in Texas were at or over capacity when filming occurred. Healthcare workers were strained, bewildered, and living in a some paradoxical universe.

Hannah seems to be a deeply compassionate, empathetic, public health student. She "seems to have" struggled emotionally due to a multitude of variables perhaps - School? Quarantine?--  in addition to perhaps? being morally conflicted about participating in a potential super spreader event? Perhaps it troubled her - when she realized (like many of us have been saying) that the masks were only for show and that this was certainly not a contained bubble as advertised.

I am completely fine with them calling Hannah out and talking to her. So be it. If she truly didn't seem herself (though she looked great behind the spotlight in the rest of the footage we've seen) - they are right to call her out. But they didn't call Maddie out when she was making mistakes. We never see the entire story of course...

I do questio  why they needed to exploit these girls- and their struggles - on national television in the midst of a devastatingly difficult and challenging pandemic. Did they NEED training camp this year? Did the NEED a reality show? Was this "essential?" 

Every other year, sure I guess? But maybe not this one? I don't know. It's tough to watch this year especially.

• Love 8

Armani, Claire W, Ellie and Dani have been my favorites since Day 1.  As each episode has aired nothing has happened to change my opinion on any of them.  Except maybe to make me love them more.

Claire is just a skosh fluffy by DCC standards but I think she looks fine and she can dance her “fluffy” fanny off so I’m there for it.

I’m still baffled by how Annabelle was the highest scoring rookie at the beginning of training camp.  That wacky board has my brow permanently furrowed in puzzlement. 🤔

Maybe it’s just me and maybe it’s because I like Kat (extra personality and all) but I was pretty sure she was joking about being point.  I think she has enough self-awareness to know she’s not a technically strong dancer though she is a good performer.  Every mistake doesn’t read all over her face and she doesn’t dissolve into tears at the drop of a hat unlike someone who shall remain nameless.  There are always going to be ladies with better technique who pick up and retain choreography better than her so her chances of being point are slim and none.

I’m really looking forward to solos and show group auditions.  Come on Tuesday. 🥰

Edited by DragonFlyzz
  • Love 8

I haven’t been a fan of Kat since she first came on my screen last year. Yes, she’s beautiful and has a charismatic personality. It’s also very evident that she has used those traits to her advantage since she’s definitely not a strong dancer (even Kelli admitted that last year with the “Kat should be a salesman” line) yet remains on the team while others are cut for the same damn issue. I understand why they keep her, but I’m still not a fan. She can’t go away fast enough, especially because I’m not drawn to big personalities like hers. I find it obnoxious.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 6

In the spirit of holidays, let’s remember the rules of this forum and that’s to Be Civil. 

Talk about the DCC, not each other. I’d hate to have to hand out warnings and suspensions/coal in stockings.

• Love 1

I have put off writing this for months but now is the time.

In early 2020 I attended the All American Rodeo at AT&T Stadium where they had DCC lined up for the athletes to walk through as they were introduced.  I don't remember which DCC were there the two times I attended but Meredith was.  She appeared to be the absolutely most engaged of all the DCC.  She made eye contact with some of the athletes as they came through.  I don't know if some spoke first but she did say "hi" to some of them.  And she appeared like she was happy to see them.

Honestly the others looked like smiling, pom-shaking zombies.  Meredith was the most genuine, best ambassador for the Cowboys.  Hands down.  And from that moment I saw why she made the team.  You can fake your way through a misstep in a dance, and the average Cowboys' game attendee probably doesn't know if a dancer completes her moves.  But you can't fake the genuine pleasantness she exudes.

And for the record, I didn't think she should have made the team last year.  I was not a Meredith supporter.  But after watching her live, I get it.

• Useful 14
  • Love 10

Kelli said something about having 5 days to cut 7 candidates.  Can someone tell me how long this Covid Training Camp was?  

On one hand, I'm liking the shorter timeframe; especially the fact that those rookies selected for TC came in knowing quite a few routines.  And if what we saw on screen was correct, there were just a handful of people making the selections, and that's OK by me.  Not necessary to have a room full of people, all of whom are vying to get their face on camera.   

On the other hand, and I can't believe I'm saying something so trite....yech....the heart of the show is missing.  We never see the girls do anything but dance.  The girls never really interact with each other.  Many times in the past you catch something going on that was actually in the background of a shot.  You don't really get to see the nervous nail biting as they get called in by Kelli and Judy or be able to see the whole group dance together and not be chopped up with the same rookies pushed up to the front every time.  I know the producers have tried to do the best they can to protect everyone and put out a quality show, but the sweetness, camaraderie, differing personalities, rooting for one over another....whatever you want to call it...I'm not feeling it and that might be why I'm not really as invested in the show as I have been in previous years.  And I feel sorry for the girls to have worked so hard and have to wear a mask all the time which covers their identity and personality and makes them somewhat invisible, which is the last thing a cheerleader should be.

• Love 4